Why cant rockstar make good games anymore?

I just started replaying GTA san Andreas.
>2 minutes in: holy shit those graphics have not aged well
>5 minutes in: lmao damn the voice acting is great on this on
>10 minutes in: holy shit I forgot how much fun this game was
top notch soundtrack, memorable characters, 10/10 gameplay, giant map. GTA IV was good as well but V is just a disgrace. Id rather have rockstar do a 1:1 remake of San Andreas than come up with another piece of shit that will be boring and uninspiring.

Attached: GTA-San-Andreas-Free-Download-Full-Version-PC-Torrent-Crack-14[1].jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MvJPKOLDSos
youtube.com/watch?v=-bS8ssiBvQg
youtube.com/watch?v=eB2mpEjyvDI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nostalgie gugles

It didn't rely on good graphics and pseudorealism, and managed to create a very varied world that was fun and interesting to explore. It was also less afraid to take risks

Gameplay is boring in all of them honestly.

why didnt later games have fun cheats
in san andreas you had shit like flying cars and spawn jets but there was fuck all in 4

Except it's really not. The game is fucking fun and was made to be fun. Newer games focus more on realism and muh graffix. Honestly I would like a fun as fuck gta with mediocre to good graphics than a fucking bore of a game with great graphics.

yeah honestly every video game ever made sucks

this. In gta 5 the cheats are shitty and gimped, you need a trainer to actually do fun shit

exact same gameplay in all of them, i bet you think call of duty is ruined too huh

YOUNG HEART, BE FREE TONIGHT. TIME IS ON, ON YOUR SIDE

Attached: 1563715453790.jpg (401x277, 15K)

Because
>Muh realism

That's not true at all. GTA has shit shooting, shit combat, shit driving, and it's piss easy.

You drive cars, shoot guns and fly planes in gtav just as much as you do it in sa, so i'm not really sure what's the big difference

The fun in GTA came through fucking around with vehicles in a big explorable world that had some charm to it, the newer ones sure have vehicles but none of the charm. Agreed that they have shit shooting,combat and driving but they aren't really that easy

We measure fun by different things

>t. has never played GTA 3

It’s weird going back to the ps2 games and the controls feeling more responsive. Rockstar apparently has forgotten that speed can be controlled with the analog

I played the shit out of it. You never played a game with good shooting, driving, melee, etc.

yup, gta was always mediocre. Only angry media and parents made it appealing.

The novelty of causing chaos by running over civilians and blowing things up is no longer impressive, not to mention how missions rarely capture this feeling of chaos. Something like the Just Cause games manage to do both better.

the real problem is the new technology only serves to make the already simple gameplay fucking shit to play and lets not forget how many missions are literally drive from point A to B and listen to the dialogue we wrote, oh also forgot that nothing about these games needs them to even have an open world, the new games over punish you for fucking off with sniper aim cops and infinite spawns STILL, it's been 20 fucking years rockstar

GTA V is the worst of the 3d gtas, you can't even walk down a flight of stairs in that game without falling over

It was the third installment built on an existing engine, so they didn't have to spend all their effort reinventing the wheel. They just tweaked it a little and started installing the fun shit.

This is why
youtube.com/watch?v=MvJPKOLDSos

remember fun? rockstar sure doesn't

You are an absolute fucking retard. If someone actually enjoys something it isn't nostalgia you mouth breathing, subhuman piece of shit. He even called it out for it's dated shitty ass graphics, which by the by, sucked ass then and suck ass even more. But no one cares about Tetris having the same shitty graphics if the gameplay is fun, challenging or engaging in another way. Fuck off back to your moronic echo chamber and dilate.

If they made a game that's good on launch they can't lock all the fun parts behind paywalls.

>vice city business system but better
holy shit, this game is great.

Attached: GTA Vice City Stories.jpg (640x448, 80K)

Put on a few graphics mods and it doesn't look half bad

Attached: Capture.png (1920x1200, 3.17M)

There's so many levels of comfy in that game it's unreal

Try a little harder

Attached: reshader.jpg (1920x1080, 893K)

>muh grafix

Dumb zoomer

>circle airstrip and land

I've emulated this but it looks like crap. Am I doing something wrong?

How stable is that?

Didn't work with most of my mods except SilentPatch. I keep it in a separate installation.

Attached: gta_sa 2019-03-25 09-30-49.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

Fucking pice of shit driving shitty brown blur uninspired missions og loc can suck my dick fucking buttonmashing to dance

same goes for Liberty City Stories

GTAV is objectively the better game, i am so tired of the Yea Forums contrarian BS.

i still believe they can make a good game. they just need to hire non shit writers and put the soul back into the series.

gta 6 is hopefully going to be the best gta

>makes contrarian post
>I AM TIRED OF Yea Forums CONTRARIAN BS
hmm

All 3D GTA games are good with their own strengths and weaknesses

Attached: gta-3-vice-city-screenshot-03.jpg (1920x1080, 1.47M)

what mod?

Filename

Attached: cjs house.png (1280x640, 1.33M)

ENB or reshade?

I hope with the next GTA they allow for more variation in approach to the mission structures, because right now the stealth missions require you to always take a certain path, and EVERY shootout plays the exact same.

I BELIEVE
THEM BONES
ARE ME

Their priorities changed. Before they were just a small studio making games with passion, now they're forced by their 2K overlords to make Blockbuster™ games with budgets that put most huge Hollywood movies to shame.

so long as they don't have a silly skills or proficiency system for certain approaches like the lung capacity requirement for that 1 mission in SA
there's a right way to do it and that wasn't it

Who cares, Rockstar games are only as good as the mods and GTA V has the best mods.

>turf wars
>home invasions
>Procedurally generated heists and bank robberies
>safe cracking
>proper police system/witness system
>assassination missions
>kidnap/rape mods

GTA V modded is fucking sublime.

youtube.com/watch?v=-bS8ssiBvQg

ReShader with RenderHook

I also tested out this one V ENB. It's a little more stable youtube.com/watch?v=eB2mpEjyvDI

its called saints row 1 and 2

>Before they were just a small studio
Rockstar were never a small studio fucktard, they've always had team sizes 5X of that of the norm.

>install VC
>install SA-style camera control script and a few other light script mods
>game hangs and crashes upon loading into the game
>remove mods
>game works fine
>reinstall everything
>install mods one by one
>game crashes with just one script mod

I have zero idea what I'm doing wrong, but then again, I had a similar issue with FO4 crashing in the starting neighborhood and figured out it was because I had ancient ass .ini files in my documents directory that don't get erased upon uninstall, so it's likely I may have to uninstall, delete my documents/games folders, and try again. But fuck man, I just want to play VC with a SA camera control scheme and a few other nice script mods.

Not mine desu. I use a reshade for Vice City (pic related) which keeps the original feel.

Attached: grand-theft-auto-vice-city-screenshot-2018-06-10-17-01-59-75.jpg (2560x1440, 679K)

Yeah they sure were huge back when they made GTA 3 and Vice City, dumb nigger

all they really fuckin need is to not have the controls be floaty and implement max payne 3 gunplay.

you either put a hundred hours into a GTA game to fuck around and get into shootouts or chases. After all is said and done the story and actual progression doesnt matter for shit, just load the game up with side activities and customisation amd its a gauranteed GOTYAY, almost 100% of the people still playing RDR2 are literally doing everything BUT progress through a narrative and are just experiencing gameplay amd self made scenarios.

all i want to do in GTA6 is jump in a souped up car and cruise in the night to some tunes

>Yeah they sure were huge back when they made GTA 3 and Vice City, dumb nigger
Relative to other studios they were fucking massive you ignorant fucktard.

That's fucking disgusting.

>studio A has 150 people
>studio B has 200 people
>WTF STUDIO B IS SO MUCH BIGGER YOU FUCKTARD

Attached: 真剣に希望.jpg (680x680, 170K)

t. zoomer mobile retard