Who's in the wrong here, Yea Forums?

Attached: G11rSga.png (741x791, 326K)

OP

Xbox and whoever decided that X and O should be swapped outside of japan for confirm/deny prompts

OP's mother for not aborting OP.

This

Attached: the rocc.png (792x576, 278K)

gamecube is objectively wrongest.
xbox feels like they messed with the buttons just for the sake of it which is annoying for anybody who played on the SNES in the past.
ps runes are awkward as hell at first but at least they dont collide with the others.

Xbox, with the original xbox controller being the root of the problem, because why the fuck would they use the same button markers as the Super Nintendo and the already announced Nintendo Gamecube, except they went and fucked with the layout. Atleast Sony went with non-mistakeable symbols

I'M A NINTENDOFAG, BUT XBOX HAS THE BUTTON LAYOUT THAT MAKES THE MOST SENSE IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR BUTTONS LETTER DESIGNATED. YOUR THUMB NATURALLY SITS ON 'A' SO 'B' MAKES SENSE AS THE SECOND BUTTON.
X FOR X-AXIS AND Y FOR Y-AXIS. THUS, GAMECUBE'S LAYOUT IS ACTUALLY SPOT ON.
PLAYSTATION IS RIGHT ONLY BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHAT WENT WHERE, BUT IS RIGHT IN TERMS OF
>whoever decided that X and O should be swapped outside of japan for confirm/deny prompts
HOWEVER, X AND O HAVE DIFFERENT MEANINGS IN NON-JAP REGIONS, WHICH JUSTIFIES THEIR CHOICE IN THE ATTEMPT, EXCEPT THE CONSISTENCY IS WHAT FUCKED EVERYTHING UP.

ADDITIONALLY, GAMECUBE HAS IT RIGHT BECAUSE NOT ONLY DOES THE A-BUTTON SIT NATURALLY WHERE YOUR THUMB WOULD GO, BUT THERE'S NO DOUBT THAT IT'S THE MAIN BUTTON FOR PROMPTS AND WHATNOT.

Microsoft... it's always microsoft

At least one of them got the colors right.

Attached: 1563790582772.png (153x176, 25K)

Anyone that still uses ABXY. My muscle memory still can't get used to switching from Nintendo to Microsoft controllers, but has always been fine with Playstation's Triangle, O, X, Square. Using the same button names in inverted locations is a bit screwy for me.

Like, I can get used to it like a few minutes in to playing, but if you don't exclusively use Nintendo or Microsoft systems, it gets a little screwy.

Bottom button should be confirm and top button should be deny, shit where the right button is confirm still baffles me to this day

It's because you have baby hands.

Japan was using the opposite for a while, so it's their standard what you think is stupid. So eh.

Japan still makes games where Esc immediately closes the game with no prompt. Their standards suck.

To be fair, most of their ports seem like afterthoughts. A lot of big publishers there seem to be more used to it these days though. So general wisdom that's a big deal in the PC scene like
>don't tie your game logic to framerate
>rebindable controls matter
>don't do a 30fps lock
>don't do a 720p lock
Seems to be getting to them. It seems that PC is looking about as valuable as Xbox in terms of these high profile ports, so me thinks as more games are made with PC in mind, you'll find less of these strange decisions.

Also keep in mind a lot of these ports were coming from the PS3 exclusive kind of age. Where the developers could expect the game to run at this performance target, or this resolution in specific. So porting to more modern and scalable systems would require some more effort past making it run.

Nintendo obviously they always had to be the special snowflake with wierd ass controllers

What the absolute fuck was Nintendo thinking with gamecube.

>X AND O HAVE DIFFERENT MEANINGS IN NON-JAP REGIONS
no they fucking don't

I think it's more that they have meaning in Japan, but not much in the west. So he's right still.

Have one button for main action and the other three for secondary stuff. It's rare that you actually have to go B-X or B-Y. Ironically Smash probably has the biggest issue with that. Other fighting games would've too, but no one plays those those on GCC compatible consoles.

Xbox got it right dipshits. The bottom center button being "confirm" makes outrageously more sense and is more intuitive than it being the right button.

gamecube is by far the gayest

Hmm... probably Sony? Mostly because depending on region, the buttons get all fucked up where X and O are swapped, it's like a hybrid.

It makes so much sense to me though. A is important so it is the largest button. B is secondary, so it is smaller, but is still round, and the X and Y buttons are bean shaped and angled in a way that allows the player to understand what they are pressing, even when you do not look at the buttons. The controller is so popular that it is still supported to this day.

Gamecube sounds like an example of a generalized controller that's just *a little* more specialized towards certain games.
It's not as unique as fight stick, but I do see it as the Smash or 3D platformer controller.

It was ergonomically neat-o, if my memory is right.