Can you guys reccomend any half-decent indie pokemon-like games?

Can you guys reccomend any half-decent indie pokemon-like games?
Specifically looking for PC indies, not for console stuff. The /vg/ indie general failed me.

Extra query: What do you think is the best way to search for indie games? Steam? Just googling and hoping for the best?

Attached: protonculus.png (900x864, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tGhpDOx0CMk
a.cockfile.com/1ZRI5W.swf
coromon.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/830370/Monster_Crown/
twitter.com/PlayNebulosa
store.steampowered.com/app/814370/Monster_Sanctuary/
store.steampowered.com/app/1083190/Disc_Creatures/
store.steampowered.com/app/841770/Siralim_3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unfortunately the guy who made this constantly suffers from mental breakdowns so it will never be completed

kek

2humon

Yeah, I know. There are two different unfinished betas available though, and they are both quite playable, so there's that.
Also though, weirdly enough, he's just about to release a new game, but I have no idea what it's about. composing music, I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=tGhpDOx0CMk
Shilling this video because I agreed with most of it, scaling gyms but not trainers seems like a good idea. The only problem is the idea of a version-specific event that gets effortlessly solved by npc's if you pick the different version, there should be some kind of gameplay asymmetry resultant from that instead.
That being said this isn't a game and i have no reason to believe JA will attempt to use these design choices on an original monster RPG

Reverse search doesn't work, what game?

>2humon
what IS that? looking it up online makes it look like an RPG maker moemon game

Attached: 9yL4rT0.png (240x160, 5K)

Miasmon
I don't think it's officially/legally available anywhere right now. I'll host it on cockfile (it's a .swf)

What is your vision of the ideal pokemon killer, Yea Forums?

1ZRI5W.swf on cockfile

Attached: d6e6ud3-c76003a4-56f9-409b-910b-684575aad7aa.png (1932x692, 143K)

A game that finally balances out the issue of evolving pokemon always making them better. There are rarely any downsides to evolving a Pokemon and stat boost is massive, the only possible downsides you can think of immediately is that they might get additional type and inherit its weaknesses. So, why not create a system of checks and balances that would make players stop and think if evolving your pokemon is strategically benefitial? For example, why not make it so that smaller Pokemon are more Speed/Dex oriented and get stat boosts more in those areas while generally evolved pokemon get less boost on dex and speed, but are generally bulkier5and stronger. Then you'll have a choice between STR vs DEX builds and for DEX it would make sense not to evolve a Pokemon.

No idea where to put that name, the URL doesn't seem to exist.

Pokemon as a format doesn't really work as anything but a kid's game. You would have to change too much to the point it would be unrecognisable.

a.cockfile.com/1ZRI5W.swf

I don't understand what you mean, user.

how would you go about that? your imagination ttruly is the limit.

Puppet Dance Performance - AKA Touhoumon

Rather than not-necessarily-beneficial evolutions, I think I'd rather go for more branching evolutionary trees.
Pokemon evolutions are incredibly straightforward: about 90% of pokemon only have strictly linear evolutionary trees, a handful of them have stone-based variation or gender-based variation, but those are rarely a meaningful choice anyway.
I'm a fan of more digimon-esque evolutionary trees, where one base creature can eventually turn into about a dozen different final forms'

Attached: evos 3.png (2436x1444, 182K)

Reddit bullshit aside, /r/pcgamereleases is a decent place to look for indie games on PC. No idea about Pokemon clones but I'm hoping Temtem doesn't turn out to be complete shit.

this is Touhoumon

Attached: file.png (954x714, 26K)

>yang energy
YANG GANG

I'm making a game where you can collect and fight monsters but it's not done yet.

And it will never be done and on the slim chance it is finished, it won't be good. But keep it up user, I guess trying and failing is still better than suicide.

Attached: 1560400971296.jpg (561x601, 71K)

I already have a lot done without much work. I should be done by the end of the year as long I find an artist.

shiggly diggly

>Pokemon as a format doesn't really work as anything but a kid's game.
just to be clear, you are aware that the term "X killer" means "something that's much better than X and completely overshadows it", right?
we're not talking about a killing-based pokemon game here. The question is "how would you make a game of the same genre as pokemon that's much better than pokemon"

There's Touhou Puppet Play (AKA the Touhoumon most know) which is a romhack and Puppet Performance which is a standalone game. Same artist worked on both.

How do I save my game? Thanks by the way

Goodness me that sounds like something a Chaosfag would say. Are you a Chaos loving heretic user? Or even worse a Whitefag?

Attached: B02DFA57-EEE2-41AD-A300-0EC228B16D5A.jpg (171x237, 7K)

Kek, sorry, I feel retarded now

Attached: 1556391454019.jpg (1125x762, 133K)

I reckon you figured it out
Fair warning about the game though, it's an unfinished beta, so there is some content missing. If I remember correctly, this version softlocks on the final boss.
There is also an alternate version that ends earlier, but has a way different final chapter

>we will never get MARDEK chapter 4

Attached: 1454564080497.jpg (224x217, 10K)

We don't need a pokemon killer, we need a gamefreak killer. Then Pokemon open world VR.

I presume Power makes physical attacks stronger, Spirit mages magic attacks (MAG) attacks stronger, vitality is health / defense and agility is speed? I tried looking it up, but there's not a lot of info online

Touhou puppet dance performance. There’s a translation and everything. Make sure you get the expansion.

None that are out atm but you can look forward to:
Coromon
Monster Crown
Nebulosa
Monster Sanctuary
Disc Creatures
Some of which should come out later this year.

There's obviously Temtem but the Discord Store preorder with access to the alpha has ended so you have to wait whenever it goes into Early Access on Steam.

Don't forget Palbryo that I've seen a Yea Forums user working on quietly.

Nebulosa is kinda uncertain because it's barely done and will have a Kickstarter campaign later this year or next year which will probably decide whether it gets made or not... But out of all listed games it's the visually most appealing imo.

Never heard of that one and a Google search isn't giving me anything. Any Yea Forums archive of the threads/posts about it you could share?

being a MARDEK fan is suffering. pseudolonewolf could at least fucking finish his tumblr reboot with black mardek and girl mereador - it wasn't as good as the original, but it was a half-decent play.

Now the only thing we've got left is STEELE

Attached: steele.png (721x464, 83K)

Sadly didn't save any images of it, his twitter is lost in my billions of tabs.

Loomian Legacy is looking to be pretty legit.

ew

Attached: 52355821_449228152562011_745215547853605667_n.jpg (480x251, 29K)

Dragon Quest Monster Joker 1 and 2 for the DS, emulate it. 3 exists but JP only.

3 slots on your team. Monsters can take up 1, 2, or 3 slots depending on their size. Vast majority of mons only take up 1. Monsters have skill trees that you put points into as they level, unlocking new spells or passives. These skill trees can be inherited through synthesis, which imo is one of the best parts of the game. You combine 2 monsters into another, which will inherit the stats and up to 3 skill trees of its parents. Some monsters are only available through this method, finding the right combinations to make more powerful mons is fun. Any monster you encounter in the overworld can be recruited. Instead of throwing a poke ball though, you hit your enemy as hard as you can in an attempt to impress them. The harder your mons hit, the higher % that the monster will join you. Definitely worth playing.

Attached: 1561489532469.jpg (460x460, 46K)

It's full of soul, the way they do stats is interesting though.

Don't forget the cancer
Also the fact that he doesn't want to do anything related to violence anymore

Haaaa, remember folks! Pseudolonewolf is not only a autist! He has fucking BRAIN CANCER!

Thats right lads! Not only did this lad can Mardek, replace it with emotional shit for a remake, he is on the oncology ward list, poor as shit and eternaly having mental breakdowns, with the social capacity of a snail at a french restaurant. I wish I was making this up but NOPE, its all true.

Attached: 1511645964166.png (183x239, 15K)

>Specifically looking for PC indies, not for console stuff
>Dragon Quest Monster Joker 1 and 2 for the DS, emulate it. 3 exists but JP only.
sorry about your retardism

I'll never get over that time where he ranted about how he exclusively wants a girlfriend and is not in any way interested in making friends with males, because they can't become his soulmate gf, then likened befriending men to befriending robots.

Who the fuck is mardek

Attached: 1547079710902.jpg (750x735, 34K)

>steele is never going to be completed either

At least now it's known that the game can be hacked. I wish I knew enough to carry it out.

Enjoy missing out on a good experience

On PC at home now so I can share some links. Fuck Mondays. Anyway...

>Coromon
coromon.com/
>Monster Crown
store.steampowered.com/app/830370/Monster_Crown/
>Nebulosa
twitter.com/PlayNebulosa (No website yet, but their Twitter and Discord are active)
>Monster Sanctuary
store.steampowered.com/app/814370/Monster_Sanctuary/ Has a free playable demo that you can play now.
>Disc Creatures
store.steampowered.com/app/1083190/Disc_Creatures/ According to the publisher it should be out relatively soon-ish

If you want more monster collection games to be easily findable on Steam, then please give all Steam games listed here and other monster collection games you know of like World of Final Fantasy and Temtem, for example the tags "Monster Collection" and "Monster Taming". If enough people assign these tags, then Steam will actually make it a searchable tag that will appear to everyone under the "Popular user-defined tags" under games with them.

Attached: 1559063257425.jpg (294x181, 8K)

Kek, didnt even know about that. What a fucking idiot he was, killing off his most liked creation, shifting it for dumb tumblr alternatives, getting no cash from anyone or anything and then refusing to quit being an autist.

That's... Really fucking sad.
I wonder if that's a case of never growing up receiving motherly love or something.

Attached: 1559069897084.jpg (515x515, 50K)

>I wonder if that's a case of never growing up receiving motherly love or something.
It might be, as far as I recall, he grew up without his father with step-siblings or something like that. He used to have bunch of friends, but after getting his first gf, he completely broke contact with all of them, and then she dumped him and his only goal in life became finding a new gf

The best series of flash RPGs. Go play it before flash dies.

How did he even get a girlfriend? How did she stand him?

I swear to god there was an indie Pokemon-like game that came out a few months ago (that was in Early Access on itch, but I don't think Steam, prior to that maybe? It definitely HAD an itch page) that I can't fucking find any information about. Did I dream it or something? It had a very "clean" pixel art style if that makes sense. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I think the title had like "Home" in it or something.

Based and figpilled

Coromon

Temtem

Touhou Puppet Dance Performance.

Be more precise. Maybe I know of it.

Seconding this: it's also a great way to get into the 2hu universe and have even more fun

Attached: 1554729329918.png (960x720, 256K)

Pokemon Sage

Attached: vivace final.png (1007x880, 270K)

Attached: adante gym walkthrough small.webm (512x384, 2.06M)

vaporware

Attached: 1549747287084.jpg (960x758, 146K)

never ever

store.steampowered.com/app/841770/Siralim_3/

How come this game never gets mentioned?

Attached: b5e9b77d39c7f74e56b41f3b4141671ec95cdc81.png (1024x1024, 861K)

it's still being worked on, I assure you.

Also there's the playable public demo.

Huh, this actually looks perfect

I'm sorry but Siralim series looks like shit visually. The dude could have at least put effort into making the UI more appealing that looking like a Windows XP game or look for an aspiring game designer who'd work with him and has a good art style.

Ive been meaning to pick it up myself on Switch. It's also available on smart devices and most likely PS4 as well.

I played the previous entey, 2, and was thrilled to say the least. It is a rich game.

Give it a shot!

>graphics more important than gameplay
>>>/ea/

Yea I know but it makes up for it with mechanics and depth. It would be a disservice to not check it out if you are even remotely a fan of catch em' and breeding / fusing games

I never said that. Read what I said again, I never mentioned the gameplay sucks or the game sucks in general apart from the visuals.
I personally love Siralim 2 and 3 but graphics are a huge deal when it comes to getting people to play your game if you're trying to sell it as an indie dev.
The fact the game looks the way it does puts many people off and that's why a lot don't even try it.

Romhacka dont count