I don't get it Yea Forums, where's all the games on this thing? Is there nothing obscure and exciting to discover?

I don't get it Yea Forums, where's all the games on this thing? Is there nothing obscure and exciting to discover?

Attached: based64.jpg (1500x680, 72K)

No, you get an N64 to play games that everyone played on their N64. There's no hidden gems like on PSX because the N64 was cost prohibitive to most devs.

N64 has like 8 blockbuster masterpieces & nothing else

is the n64 the first real case of NO GAMES?

Decent third party controllers where?

The only thing you need is Star Fox 64, pleb.

There were only ~300 something N64 titles so NOGAEMS actually applies here for once.

Every N64 game worth playing:
>Mario 64
>Banjo Kazooie/Tooie/DK64
>Ogre Battle (or was it Tactics Ogre?)
>Quest 64
>Pokemon Stadium
>Mystical Ninja/Goemon's Great Adventure
>Chameleon Twist
>Mischief Makers
Everything else has a better port on the PS1.
Rocket: Robot on Wheels is the closest thing the N64 has to a hidden gem and you all can expect Yea Forums to pretend they grew up with it once NitroRad makes a review about it in a few days.

This is the most overrated game system of all time snes is way better ps1 is way better this was the start of dumb fuck Nintendo

First major one, but there were some old small computers that didn't. VirtualBoy before it as well. Sega 32x and CD.

No, save for like 4 games the only reason I ever used my n64 was when I had friends over. I'd sometime bring the n64 over too, then once I was back at home alone, I'd just play the PS1

that aside, I do need to replay this soon

Attached: 5853_front.jpg (630x434, 55K)

No famm, that's the PS3

God I cant wait until underage summer posters go back to school.

ITT: zoomer revisionism
>No Snowboard Kids

>This is the most overrated game system of all time
PS4 is very close competitor though

>Hardly any exclusive after 4 years
>Most of its whortwhile games are multiplats

Can’t believe you’re making me reply
>legend of Zelda nowhere to be seen

Ps4 is still better than Wii U and Xbox but I do agree that the console had way too many movie games

FUCK. I completely forgot about it, and Wave Race... I'm sure there's even more that I'm forgetting.

They got ported to gamecube and remade on 3DS. There's no reason to play it on N64 anymore.

Overrated is for succesful, Wii U and Xbox weren't seen a one.

I liked hybrid heaven

Oh were playing this game are we
fzero x

>There's no reason to play it on N64 anymore
>anymore
We're talking about when it was actually on the market though, also you forget F-Zero and Pilotwings

Nope. The top 10 games list for the N64 you see everywhere will have the exact same 10 games. There's only a handful of games outside of that worth playing.
It's nothing like the PS1 or Saturn. Those things had gems out the ass.

>Saturn
Yep, retarded zoomer revisionism

>We're talking about when it was actually on the market though
No we weren't

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

The Saturn is a true oldfags system. Arcade games all around, tons of Japanese only titles that reward diligence and are one of a kind to it. Sega has long since ducked from the race but Nintendo are the only ones who beat the drum of their earliest 3D offerings, yet to match their best games at the time but constantly promising they will.

Nintendo has a legacy they can never live up to, but one basically everyone had experienced. Sega went through a far more interesting period at the time, and it shows, the Saturn had library 3 times bigger than the N64 despite it being on the market for much less time.

Accepting the N64 is garbage isn't any sort of revisionism, it's coming to terms with reality.

Attached: saturn-games-collage.webm (2048x1102, 2.7M)

the saturn also had no games.

Conker

Attached: 455678797656453446755.jpg (1000x1000, 243K)

Sega Saturn mini when?

Just 3 times as many as the N64.

Attached: sega saturn list.jpg (1952x8110, 3.91M)

>Arcade games all around, tons of Japanese only titles that reward diligence and are one of a kind to it.
Yeah, games you couldn’t get outside of Japan YOU FUCKING RETARD
Playing ROMs isn’t the same, you retarded zoomer segautist.

Doom 64 is probably the closest thing there is to a hidden gem on the system, assuming you can get past the whole single analog stick thing.

and still nothing compared to the chadstation's kino library.

And 3 times more forgettable

jet force gemini
duke nukem zero hour
the 3 bomberman games
rogue squadron

Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Zelda OoT
Majora's Mask
Starfox 64
Turok 1/2

Blast Corps

Attached: deletthis.jpg (1366x768, 245K)

Why are you so angry? Just burn the discs. It's not even hard to make a good set of curated Saturn bin/cue's.

PS1 library is massive and tremendous, but the abundance of 80 hour RPGs at hand is a very specific kind of entertainment that hundreds of pick up and play, rich and deep arcade experiences instead satisfy a far different desire.

You can't forget what you don't know about.

Attached: satbk.png (367x474, 15K)

Hey fuck you I actually played Rocket as a kid.

Nope.
All top lists from nintendo dick suckers will always include smash, mario 64, zelda games and goldeneye. Every multiplat was garbage because of cartridge limitations meaning that beautiful 3d cutscenes, which were all the rage then, were now scrolling text on a still jpg. It was pathetic seeing gaming magazines back then, even nintendo ones, review barely four games per month.

The saddest thing is Nintendo Power at the time. During the NES and SNES era they were energetic and tons of fun to read. If you check out a 97 issue talking about a game just released, when you jump to 98 you'll see they're still talking about that same game. It's really sad.