Now that the dust has settled, who won?

Now that the dust has settled, who won?

Attached: lovecraft.jpg (439x264, 49K)

they both shit

Attached: 1563524501682.jpg (497x646, 128K)

Both are mediocre to be honest. I enjoyed cyanide one more because it's linear and not fucking open world game.

Sinking city
At least there is more than walk and talk unlike the other one

I wish the only lovecraft inspired games weren't based on innsmouth or ctulhu

>more than walk or talk
But when that "more" is tps combat that is basically on-par with a PSX title, I'd rather them just cut it out. Frogware peaked with Crimes and Punishment.

>he doesn't know about pic related
Get some taste

Attached: CEE8D330-0B9E-465D-B432-1219DE263F8C.jpg (1920x1079, 331K)

didn't play right yet but heard its not better

variety is amazing too bad gameplay sucks

AAAAHHH I SAW A TENTACLE IM TOTALLY GOING CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZYYYYYYYY AAAAAAHHHHH

The intro of Dark Corners of the Earth.

Shame it's such a mess after the Shadow Over Innsmouth tribute.

Attached: cthulhu.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

Sinking city by far, if it was just a bit tighter with it's guns and stopped justifying the use of HP love crafts stories cos of muh racism it would be really good.

>right has a nigger in it in the first 10 minutes

they cant fucking resist can they

>"What if HE wasn't just a story?"

Sunken city came out?

You guys do know Lovecraft’s horror work is overrated as a whole, right? Sure he always wrote good but he reused to many of the same themes and not all the stories were interesting. He never wrote a novel so we will never know how good he truly could have been or could not have been. To write a full on novel and then write another

Sort of. It doesn't have a real release until June 2020, but you can get it now if you want.

Final area in Call of Cthulhu is pure kino.

Attached: Call of Cthulhu 2018.jpg (2560x1440, 950K)

i played only sinking city, the whole game is go to a place kill stuff and look for letters or hidden walls then repeat
they thought they were too good for quest markers and instead you got a location (for example street x between street y and z) which honestly would work if the rest if the game wasn't such borefest
it's buggy as fuck and broken most of the time, i was getting chased by a large abomination that came from a house and pedestrians around me didn't react at all but when i shot the creature cops started shooting me for some reason
you have to traverse the city with a boat for a good section of the map but it adds nothing it's just a boat ride on some boring flooded streets
the underwater sections are few and take like 2 minutes where you maybe see a weird fish and you attack it with the lamest harpoon ever
you're a detective but the detecive work you do is with supernatural witcher view where you have to put 3 to 4 scenes in the right order
i'm not mad cause i pirated it but i would like to know if the other game is better

I pirated both. Call of Cthulhu is also pretty shitty with lame skill points that add nothing besides giving you more dialogue options (worthless most of the time). The protagonist is an alcoholic and it seems drinking too much can affect the ending, but I couldn't check because I dropped it after the first town. It's shit

This is the only answer. When will retarded devs will stop trying to make games that want to be "movies" with sub bar everything including the fucking story.

Retarded mouthbreather right there. Mate this "more than walk" is literally just going into an area that has some mobs to gun down which is so half assed that it literally screams filler content. Trying to put mechanics in game just to make it last longer is downright pathetic and such practice should be banned or at least get devs to be branded as hacks.

Also when will people learn that you just can't use lovecraftian setting in something that has images in it since it defeats all purpose of your mind taking over your imagination of the paranoia and fear? Those games can't be fucking scary just on that fact alone since you already know what's there and there is nothing to be afraid of for fuck sake. It just becomes another walking sim with some subpar story and nothing more.