ITT: games with amazing gameplay but shit writing

ITT: games with amazing gameplay but shit writing

Attached: SMT_IV_Apocalypse.jpg (1500x1337, 354K)

Navigating the Ninja Rape Dungeon was some of the most fun I’ve had in a fire emblem in a long time.

Attached: 60601D4F-7C94-48F7-916B-AE7D3C676825.jpg (488x488, 95K)

Persona 5

Rebel Galaxy

bump

>Dadga
>Shit writing
Pleb
Another pleb

killing your friends fixes that.

you have no right to call other people plebs if you think P5 has good writing

SMT A has two major flaw gameplay wise

>You are forced to map out those little symbol on the map you have to cut with the silly dagger mechanic, or you risk no having enough great chakra to get through the endgame

I personally had to fuse a team full of Energy drain demon for YHVH, felt really silly

>Dungeon in general are as simple as SMT IV, okay that's the style of this generation, but YHVH realm is a major crock of bullshit and a massive mistake
whatTHEFUCK WERE They thinking

I still want a remaster...

Attached: pa.185838.1.jpg (498x498, 67K)

Attached: cra.jpg (350x262, 57K)

>SMT IV A
>Bad writing
Maybe the tacked on bonds route was bad but the orginal story that’s the apocalypse route
Hence the name was amazing

What is the bad writing in it ?

>the orginal story that’s the apocalypse route
>Hence the name
The name in Japan is SMT4 Final, Apocalypse is a western localization.

Literally everything
>Everything post the 1st dungeon was a wash
>No one ever testifies against the villains despite multiple crimes against multiple people
>No one ever heard of jumping someone despite being their whole gimmick

SMT4A is a case where the writers assumed the players would be smart enough to connect the dots without having to explicitly spell out every single detail. The number of people who think YHVH comes out of nowhere with no buildup is depressingly large.

replace this with strange journey redux

>Everything post the 1st dungeon was a wash
And why is that?
>No one ever testifies against the villains despite multiple crimes against multiple people
Pay attention to the game and you will know why
what jumping someone ?

What in the absolute fuck are you talking about?

Eh I like Apocalypse more than Final

what the fuck am i reading

Attached: 1562817512134.jpg (629x590, 18K)

>Jumping
Rushing, attacking as a group
I get that they beat them down in fantasy land but I just feel like a group of 6 teenagers armed with bats could easily take down one gym teacher especially when all of them hate him.

Doesn't matter, the point was that the bonds route was just as much of the game as the "apocalypse" route (which isn't even called that in the game) and not tacked on.

Maybe actually play the game instead of basing your opinions on a single reading of the game's Wikipedia page, dipshit.

user what the FUCK are you on ?

What did you retards see in SMTIV? That game was shit.

gameplay wise how is it compared to GBA emblem ?

The quality of dungeons takes a full nose dive
I get we can’t tell because trigger when doesn’t make sense
For being Vigilantes they don’t really do much
Bonds route was definitely tacked on
Anyone that wouldn’t take the 1st opportunity to kill Nozomi is a subhuman and need to be slaughtered.
Sorry Gaston bro

Holy shit you're dumb

Attached: 1562815026999.gif (457x321, 1.59M)

>The quality of dungeons takes a full nose dive
>I get we can’t tell because trigger when doesn’t make sense
>For being Vigilantes they don’t really do much
Why did they take a nose dive ?
What the fuck is trigger ?
They kinda of do

this is your brain on anime

>YHVH's Universe
FUN, aint it?

Attached: yhvh.gif (740x3182, 231K)

A strong sense of disappointment and dealing with a non sensical story that doesn’t even make sense in the context of their own in game universe

see

Did you even play the game ? what don't makes sense ?

walk in a park compared too what strange journey made you go through.

I do
>INB4 Wrong date
It’s still my picture
I hated purse owner

Attached: A8BB6812-CB2C-4F41-8FB5-C5E4D6CD2720.jpg (2048x1979, 1.23M)

It is, but what makes YHVH's Universe worse for me is the sheer amount of time it takes to navigate the place since it's fucking enormous. Takes forever to get around.

I enjoyed Horologium due to its variety. And, I can still recruit demons.
YVHV's Universe is just the same style on all floors, with the same droning music all through out. And, it's so big, I don't know how they're able to fit that in the game. Worst of all, I cannot recruit demons there.

This would be a much better map if it was smaller. The layout is fine but every corridor is fucking massive and the length of a football field for no reason.

Attached: DMC5vsSekiro.jpg (1092x702, 140K)

This game plays exactly like IV and I have no idea why everyone sucks its dick so much over it.

Because the gameplay is an improvement over 4.

and it’s edgy as all fuck DUDE LOOK AT THE ANARCHY SYMBOL I JUST KILLED MY FRIENDS

I beat the game and had to look up the supposed improvements in a wiki afterward before knowing what they were; I don't think they had much of an impact.

>This game plays exactly like a good game
Guess it was a good game then

Killing your friends was the only good part of IV:A because they were so obnoxiously written, it sucks you have to wait 30 hours into the game to do it.

Really, you never noticed that the absolutely ridiculous dodge chance Smirking gave in IV was gone? Because that was my biggest issue with IV honestly. The difficulty curve in Final is much better too if you ask me.

Thematically it kind of makes sense. Since at this point you're traversing space itself in order to reach YHVH so having to go through vast expanses of nothing is logical in a way.

Gameplay wise, however, this dungeon is a fucking mistake and it's a surefire way to kill off whatever hype you had to face the final boss since by the end of it you'll just want the game to be over with already. The dull as fuck OST and the bullshit stat doors don't help either.

I mean they could give you this feel by forcing you through that at the last floor/both last floor
But that wtf fuck off no

while it is the only "good" game since awakening, it still pales compared to the older titles.