Kojima passed on Keanu Reeves for Mads

Was it a good choice?

Attached: koj.jpg (910x790, 109K)

yeah, he fits the role of villain better

based
fuck zoomers

Attached: IMG_20190627_205714.jpg (480x640, 33K)

Keanu is a shitty actor

keanu can't be the villain

Clearly looking at it now. Keanu's clout would have been better than having Mads. But I don't think the choice would be considered a blunder.

yeah, it was a good call because mads is better at playing a villain

also, we might not have had keanu in cyberpunk as well. win-win for everybody

Mads can actually act

>implying Mad's character is the villain

Jesus christ. I bet this didnt happen at all. Hes just an attention whoring cunt. Fuck his shit games

Mads is probably a better choice but Kojimbo is such a disgusting power bottom for celebrities. He's pathetic.

Insanely good choice, Keanu is a meme I wouldn't be able to take the game seriously, just like cyberpunk

>Fagjima bases all the game about famous actors.
>Everyone already forgot about Death Scamming thanks to CP2077.
>PREASE UNDERSTAND, MAD BETTER ACTOR THAN KEANU, MINE BETTER GAMU.

Man, what a desperate westaboo.

ok sorri hideo

Mads just looks the part and he has the experience of being a convincing villain. Keanu looks too friendly.

Attached: 1562160201746.jpg (1149x640, 66K)

Mads is a better actor. Keanu is just the best of us all.

Tom Cruise would have been better in both roles.

sounds like a sincere amount of cope to me

Kojima has had a huge boner for Mads since Hannibal. I doubt Keanu even came to his mind before Cyberpunk.

Tom Cruise is based

This.
Tommy brings so much charisma and is the goat stuntman

kojima knows keanu is reddit and mads is /ourguy/

he is not
as far as I know he is trying to save america but in a different way than Sam

Yes, Mads Mikkelsen is a far better actor than Keanu Reeves.

>japanese dev didnt pick keanu
>everyone now hates keanu

Attached: 8f2ba60e39ac07246d1fd3421313d632.png (640x722, 462K)

Im just hanging for bill and ted 3.

Mads seems more fitting for the world Kojima is presenting us than Keanu, though Keanu would've gotten more attention.

>kojumbo gets mads, norman, del taco, refn and some other rl actors in his game
>people talk about it for less than month
>some slavs get just keanu on board
>people still talk about it, make memes, literally worship CDPR
Yup, I think Hideo and Kojima are fucked.

Attached: 1559128257573.jpg (1278x2048, 237K)

I don't hate him. His role in Cyberpunk is far more suited than being the villian in DS.

Cringejima

This, Keanu generated way more buzz for Cyberpunk than any of the actors he got for Death Stranding, so he's butthurt and trying to make it seem like Keanu was an option he passed on.

>loli bitch island
Is that the real name for Jeffrey's island?

If anyone cares Keanu Reeves is playing the villain of the next Saw villain. Lionsgate are giving the press release a green light for the announcement next month.

Why is there going to be another saw?

Money, like there's a million Marvel and Star Wars movies.

Chris Rock is making it. Its a reboot.

As much as i love Keanu reeves. He cant act

Thank god, tired of people circlejerking him like they did with chris pratt a few years ago

>Kojima mad and seething because upstart slavs cucked him out of hollywoods
This could be bullshit, but I'm willing to believe it

unironically this, but he would never do it without trying to take control over the entire thing

>picked Mads Mikkelsen over Keanu Reeves
how salty can one westaboo faggot get?

Attached: 1447876666138.jpg (2573x2573, 938K)

>westaboo obsessed with popular actors passes on a big star for a literal who
sure you did, Kojimbo, sure you did... now go cry about your actor game nobody cares about somewhere else

Attached: 1556128827079.jpg (640x437, 79K)

It's sad because nobody made that comparison and Kojimbo still thinks CDPR is attacking him personally.

>implying silverhand isn't going to be a villain
He'll be a helpful companion until V ceases the need for anarchy.

Kojimbo is such a fucking hipster that it's embarrassing.

Attached: 1460101471051.gif (320x180, 2.6M)

He's just jealous of the sweet Keanu attention Cyberpunk is getting.

what about the gameplay

I'd bet a lot that he did this so his sci-fi game isn't confused with Cyberpunk.

kojima is just smart, it must have been hard for him to turn keanu down but it was for the best because mads is clearly the better actor and better suited for a villain

neither is very charismatic but at least keanu isn't a mumbling dane

I just want the Keanu meme to die, or I guess Keanu himself to die

>I just want the Keanu meme to die
>that one Twitter fag who bases his whole identity on the meme
I wonder if he'll try making stupid shit to be relevant once it happens.

>Wanting Keanu to die.

What the heck

I've become more and more convinced that Koji-boy wanted to be a movie director but couldn't make so he went in gaming, but as he made more and more MG hits his ego grew to the point that he stealthily trying to prove that he can be a Hollywood dick suck/director and regardless of the how game sells he will in the future leave the gaming world to join the movie making business

based
autistic

Cruise would work great but no way his and Kojima's ego would be able to comingle.

Also he would be expensive as fuck.

i thought this was obvious
he's the neil druckmann of video games, he only isn't as obnoxious because he isn't a bay area faggot

Well, we will have to wait and see, won't we?

No he didn't he's just trying to be relevant with his casting of celebs.
Everyone is hyped over Keanu but no one gives a fuck abut DS movie stars.

>"hey guy, I could have Keanu reeve in my game, but I chose not to because fuck you, I exist ;)"

I fucking hate this egotistical hack wanna be celeb fag

If Keanu died the memes would explode and he'd become some kind of meme martyr

/thread

I despise w*jackposting, but this is Kojima talking about it.

Attached: smug crying.jpg (601x508, 94K)

>Nobody actor vs very well known and famous actor amongst older and younger generations
Kojima deserves everything bad that happened to him at Konami.

>Kojima didnt get a more famous bad actor in favor of good less known, but still well known actor
>this is somewhat validates what Konami did
What kind of fucking level of logic do you operate on idiot?

It's a samefag

Is this damage control?

Attached: thinking legless.png (544x465, 154K)

Kojima is more and more pathetic.
Funny how sending one actor after a long of not attending any show, created more buzz for Cyberpunk, than years of attending multiple gaming shows, hanging out with celebrities, taking cool pictures, dropping spaghetti over them on Twitter, did to Death Stranding.
Kojima went full pretentiousness and he's unaware that's not what people want from video games.

He said he was "recommended" Keanu Reeves and chose Mads.

So in other words even if this actually happened, he was never in a position to decide anyway since Keanu probably wasn't even consulted.

Fucking Kojima casting fucking directors and pretending like he wouldn't take Keanu in a heartbeat.

Why would he take Keanu though? Mads Mikkelsen fits the role better, can actually act and is more handsome. Fairly popular actor aswell, was in a Bond and Marvel movie.

Because he is dangling for as much hollywood cock as he can take.

According to who? Who gives a shit? Let him do what he wants with his game. Why the fuck are we even talking about this, why cant we have a videogame thread instead of celebrities and developers.

Perfect pic to describe Kojimbo right now

Yeah, Death Stranding is one of the most horrendously unappealing games I've ever seen. It's like we're getting an extreme microscopic look into Kojima's own butthole, which is where is head usually is.

I agree that Mads is a better actor, but if you were looking for buzz you'd take Keanu.

Not only that but he's acting like there was only one role Keanu could've taken.

He casted two fucking directors, one of which hardly anyone even knows and even fewer people recognise, he casted Troy Baker, he casted Norman Reedus.

If he could've gotten Keanu he would've.

We're only talking about this because Kojima felt the need to tell everyone he chose Mads over Keanu and pretend it was a choice he had the power to make in the first place.

Why would he take an actor because it creates buzz? Why wouldnt he care about the actor giving a good performance instead? None of the casting suggets he wants to create buzz, he does marketing of DS differently.

Throughout its entire marketing cycle, Death Stranding has been overwhelmingly focused on the actors Kojimbo has managed to snag for his game. He could have focused on the gameplay or story, which would have led to us discussing those, but instead he decided to put the actors front and center. Its clear that Kojima is really trying to go with the old-school Hollywood way of using celebrities to sell his project, and yet Cyberpunk did that so much better than he did. Shitting on this fucking hack is fun in general, and this bit of news has given us yet another reason to shit on him.

Seems to me people are latching onto anything and creating unconfirmed scenarios in their heads to call him a hack because... god knows why. These threads are so fucking retarded, just wait until the game comes out to judge it.

He casted two directors.

There is literally no reason to use them or their likeness other than for the sake of buzz and to rub shoulders with people he idolises in hollywood.

>get outdone by a bunch of drunk slavs
>"Y-yeah, I didn't even want Keanu anyway"
Kojima is a hack and his game will be completely forgotten as soon as Cyberpunk is released.

Or maybe because their likeness fits the role he wants them in? They are his friends, that makes them easy to cast and work with them.

>These threads are so fucking retarded, just wait until the game comes out to judge it.
God should forbid for any discussion about upcoming products.

No one is discussing the game, its just made up shit and talking about celebrities.

Lmao You having fun spending your afternoon seething at jojimbo faggot?

Discussing the marketing decisions is related to games.
With Death Stranding they used actors to show how cool Kojima is that he hangs out with his friends actors over the years.
With Cyberpunk, Keanu with just one appearance blew every other game away.

>With Death Stranding they used actors to show how cool Kojima is that he hangs out with his friends actors over the years.
Thats how you want to see it, doesnt mean its true. There isnt any actual discussion going on, its just your daily drama fill and seething over Kojima calling him a hack with every post. No substance, nothing. Every post is the same exact thing, the same message. Completely pointless thread.

>Every post is the same exact thing, the same message. Completely pointless thread.
In other words you agree with everyone in this thread?

How the fuck did you come to that conclusion idiot

If every post is the same exact thing, the same message and the thread is completely pointless, then it's a common knowledge, isn't it?
I mean talking about water being wet is just as pointless, isn't it?

I hate Keanu because he's skilled a lot on Reddit. And I mean literally spilled because that site is full of astroturfing and shit. The fanboys are obnoxious too.

meant to

Kojima wastes money and can't make video games. He is obviously an incompetent developer and deserved how Konami treated him.

more like a bandwagon of retards who spout made up shit, as to your amazing water analogy, imagine if water wasnt wet and people were only saying it is because they hate water

You just know he picked Mads because of his love of cheesy names. Keanu is clearly the better choice but Kojima will be Kojima.

Keanu is popular but he is not a good actor.

>imagine if water wasnt wet
I literally can't.

But you dont fucking know what happened between Kojima and Konami. You werent there, no one knows. Its just bunch of misinformation going on around that everyone interprets to their liking. Seems like a pretty competent developer to me if he still has his own studio after all these years.

And Kojima is not a good videogame director.

Thats the best I can do with your dumb analogy, sorry user

He is literary one of the greatest game directors to have ever lived.

>Thats how you want to see it, doesnt mean its true
It absolutely is true. And it's going to really spoil the game for me, because I have to choose between 2 awful options.

Either I play the game in Japanese, in which case all the voice work is good, but I have to deal with really bizarre shit like Mads being dubbed over, or I play the game in English, and have to deal with the translation being dogshit, and half the voice work being ass, but at least I get Mads sounding like he "should", even though the voice direction is probably going to be shit too.

I wish Kojimbo wasn't wasting all this fucking money hiring celebrities.

>y-y-yeah w-w-well i could have had Reeves b-but I told him to fuck o-off
Imagine being this narcissistic to make up shit like this because CDPR blew his game out of the water.

Hes the steve jobs of video games.

Using actors in videogames has been a thing for a long time, why are you people so fucking behind and pretending like its only started happening now. It never ruined a game.

CDPR are fucking shit developers, but atleast no one will notice the flaws in their games now that they have a famous actor that everyone with drool over.

Mads has never NOT been in kino

>But you dont fucking know what happened between Kojima and Konami. You werent there, no one knows. Its just bunch of misinformation going on around that everyone interprets to their liking
Kojima paid song composer 30-40 times to write the songs they never used in the game. And that's the info from said song composer herself.

Kojima has been fellating celebrities for ages, there's a reason he kicked off Hayter without giving a shit solely for more hollywood presence. Dude doesn't want to make games, he just wants to make movies.

I can't think of any game that it's improved in any way.

Also, using facial data of actors has been pretty rare in games up until now. Even with Sean Bean and Patrick Stewart in Oblivion, they were just voice work. They weren't face scans.

Lmao at this faggot
>w-we could've had Keanu too!! But we are kinda cool so we had options!

>there's a reason he kicked off Hayter without giving a shit solely for more hollywood presence.
Because voice actor union rules meant that it'd be cheaper to hire a someone like Sutherland?

Are Doctor Strange and Rogue One kino?

Keanu is a wonderful person, but the films he has been in are usually stale on the acting front, or comedies.

Mads can act quite well and has an unsettling aura about him when he's not got his hand down his trousers and a bottle of beer in another hand.

Attached: mads.jpg (428x342, 45K)

this, lmao

>CDPR are fucking shit developers
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Not even Steam exclusive game.

Attached: tw3.png (944x509, 687K)

Lol he is getting so desperate

I love Kojimas games, but this 100% fits his attitude.

Hayter speculated about that, but I think that was just him stroking his(incredibly bruised) ego, otherwise Kojima would have hired a cheap no-name actor and not Sutherland.

Alot of bad games have insanely good reviews. Like Bioshock Infinite, DmC and Borderlands 2. Doesnt mean shit. Just shows how dumb is your average consumer.

>Kohima specifically hires actors he wanted.
>hey, didn’t you want Keanu Reeves?
>yeah, I guess he could’ve been cool.
>NEW HEADLINER: KOJIMA UPSET HE DIDNT GET KEANU!
Never read any video game journalist article. Never. It’s the TMZ of Video games.

I'm not going to defend the hack but my god you are dense CDPR drone.

>Was it a good choice?
Kojima is coping saying he passed on Keanu even though in reality he never did. He's butthurt about the hyper behind Cyberpunk because of Keanu. This isn't the first time he's done this.

This was the best movie Ive seen in quite some time

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-01-07-at-11.27.49-AM.png (780x495, 183K)

He's the japanese David Cage.
Face it, he's a hack and would rather make obscure movies.

And? That's just how the creative process works, unless you give zero fucks about the quality of the final product. If the work isn't good enough then it doesn't get used.

Yes, you're the right snowflake, superior to every other being, everyone else is simply wrong.

On a scale from 0 to 10, how buttmad is Kojimbo about having to share public interest with Cyberpunk 2077?

You must also think the latest Avengers movie is one of the best movies ever made. Well, atleast you fit in with everyone.

>says the guy who posts on Yea Forums
look around you retard, you are IN a gossip magazine

Even if he didn't design the gameplay systems himself there is no denying that as a director or project head he makes brilliant decisions.

I have never played a David Cage game and thought "Wow, that was fun to play".

He also said the "easy" game for him to develop is a game where players are on an island and shoot each other, aka a Battle Royale. The guy is coping left and right

Doctor Strange is my favorite of the modern Marvel films, as was Rogue One of the modern gen Star Wars films.

Mads Mikkelsen is a much better catch than Keanu Reeves. Keanus only remarkable role is Matrix and I have seen possibly every movie starring Keanu Reeves. John Wick is well known, but thats all it has going on. Mads Mikkelsen is a great actor, especially in villain roles and very, very charismatic. Keanu is like made out of wood. I still like him though.

I don't give a flying fuck about Avengers. I just look down on retarded Yea Forumsermins thinking they're all superior to the so called normies due to their retarded contrarianism, while liking a popular thing is considered guilty pleasure, when in fact being hardcore contrarian to the point where you literally shove it into everyone's face is the most normie thing you could possibly do.
>me so different, me so cool

I like popular things though

>Keanu Reeves

He's only popular now because hes the Internet's random flavor of the month. Remember Betty White? Yea no one does she isn't internet hip anymore.

Yet nearly universally liked game is a proof of CDPR being shit and regular customers being dumb shits?

Yeah, something being universally liked doesnt make it good. Thus my Avengers analogy.

Nor the opinion of very few individuals makes it shit.

yeah
keanu seems like a really nice person but I don't think he's a very good actor

>because... god knows why
What?
It's fucking obvious that it's all about MGSV not being a fucking movie.
Everyone here shitting on Kojima are the same cringeworthy neckbeards who spent 3 years spamming "IM NUCLEAR XD" threads and jerking themselves off on how MGSV was going to be the edgiest movie in human history and how excited they were to see Big Boss mutilate child soldiers and drink their blood.
When MGSV turned out to be a videogame, something that MGS drones hate, so they went on an autistic fit of rage that 4 years later still hasn't ended.

Nowadays they latch onto absolutely everything and even make shit up just to shit on Kojima, to the point where they endlessly ask for gameplay of Death Stranding even though it's obvious these posers would be happy if DS didn't have any gameplay at all and it was called Metal Gear Solid 6.
After all, these are the people that say that MGS1, 2 and 3 are good, even though they have the worst gameplay you can find in any stealth game ever and the few gameplay bits it has are constantly interrupted by cutscenes and codec calls that are nothing but cutscenes that allow animators to take a break.

For all it's complaining about women, Yea Forums sure behaves like how some teenage on her period does about an ex-boyfriend whenever Kojima is mentioned.

Attached: 1559171714364.png (452x391, 122K)

Sure, its subjective, just saying that I think its dogshit.

>He picked Mads ove Keanu
>Haha Yeah I chose not to have Keanu in my game
>I-I didn't want him anyway
Kojimbo really was seething about Keanu on cyberpunk getting so much attention,he behaves like a child around this actor and directors from hollywood.

Because literally the only people who care about Keanu Reeves are the same kind of American millennial scum who unironically watches Marvel movies.
He's a wooden actor incapable of transmiting emotions, a kind of actor that Kojima has already enough experience with, considering David Hayter voiced Snake for about 10 years.

I like how, since DS has no gameplay, and Cyberpunk's looks like absolute trash, all the redditors who are unironically looking forward to these have is to compare actors.
Think about it, the only thing people can you discuss about your VIDEOGAME is a MOVIE ACTOR.

Hiring a Hollywood actor is what happens when you know your game won't get any attention by it's own merits, because it has none.
That's why Rockstar stopped bothering and gets literally-who's.
And, ironically, Rockstar gets better performances out of these people than the actors do in these games, since all actors see videogames as nothing more than lesser paychecks.

Attached: 1556221061885.jpg (800x450, 157K)

based kojimbo dabbing on redditors

*Sips drink*

>it doesn't have to be at night
>it doesn't have to be in a large city
>it doesn't need to be 3rd person
>it doesn't need to have the different classes
>it doesn't need the player to be able to use flying cars
>It doesn't need accessible interiors for buildings
>It doesn't need to be free of liberal bullshit
>It doesn't need to have good customisation options
>it doesn't need to have real dialogue choices
>it doesn't need you to be able to join different factions
>it doesn't need to have killable NPCs
>it doesn't need to have Trauma Team as a gameplay element the player can use
>it doesn't need to have destructible environments
>it doesn't need to have good graphics
>it doesn't matter that CD Projekt Red is staffed by Americans now
>it doesn't need mod support
>it doesn't need to have good box art
>It doesnt need to not blow all its budget on b list actors
>it doesnt need to be an RPG
>it doesn't need you to be able to purchase new apartments
>it doesn't need you to be able to choose different childhood heroes
>it doesn't need you to be able to customise your cars or apartment
>it doesn't need Cyberpsychosis to be part of the game
>it doesn't need VR support
WE ARE NOW HERE
>it doesn't need dynamic weather systems
>it doesn't need to have a branching story
>it doesn't need to have massive crowds of people
>it doesn't need to not be downgraded
>it doesn't need to have substance
>it doesn't need to not be GTA 2077

Attached: Sipping CDPdRones Tears.jpg (326x412, 24K)

This, now i want someone to go ask Keanu about it

>NO, THIS IS A LIE, I KNOW BETTER
Is neo-Yea Forums always this lacking in self awareness?

what do you consider to be a good game?

if its fun to play its golden

not a bad principle but what do you consider fun?

god dammit I love Tom Cruise

I like both but mads is clearly the better actor. Its why you dont see keanu reeves in anything serious.

Attached: su.png (1280x720, 514K)

It gets really wide and unclear here. Its all about design and rules of the game. It really depends on the setting. One thing I definitely like the most in videogames is the freedom of choice and interactivity, being in the control at all time. So for a game to be fun, it has to be neatly designed. The more choices there is to be made in the gameplay, the better. I like linear games too if they have something to hold me in. But I much prefer RPGs. I think the games I had the absolute most fun with are Dark Souls 1, Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and on the more linear side Metal Gear Rising and Prototype 1. So I guess make something of that, its not that clear to me.