Finally finished this. Which Final Fantasy should i play now? Already played 1, 6,7 and 10

Finally finished this. Which Final Fantasy should i play now? Already played 1, 6,7 and 10.

Attached: 41G40vOdt8L._AC_SX215_.jpg (215x197, 8K)

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.

9 is good

IX and XII are the obvious choices

never ever do this

Why?

Bravely Default.

8, bit different but great story.

Play 5. It's pretty comfy and the job system is very well done.

This

How is the magic system? Played a bit and find kinda strange.

I would say III or V next. If you liked the general design of FFIVDS and its difficulty (relative to the rest of the series), then you should do well in FFIIIDS. I would also generally advise playing III before V, since V's version of the job system blows III out of the water.

You have to draw magic from enemies. So if you fight an enemy who has fire, you can use the draw command to get a certain number of them, which you can use. You can use the magic as much as you have gathered. I think max 100 per magic.

Hope you enjoy wasting an hour drawing magic from 1 enemy over and over again to get 99 to equip.
Fuck FF8. You know the game is shit when theres a plot hole in the first 5 minutes. I sure do enjoy playing games where you have to play opposite to the games genre to enjoy it.
FF8 is by far the worst Final Fantasy game.

If you want to continue story driven experiences, play IX and then XII. If you want to dabble in the job system, I'd recommend V though it may be harder to appreciate III if you go back to it after V.

This is the first think that come to my mind. I'll have to draw 99 magic? I'll run out of magic in some part and have to grind?

Attached: 1445752359287.png (500x500, 99K)

Just play whichever one interests you. There are fans for all of them, and theres no way for us to predict which ones you'll like. Just pick whichever one is the most appealing to you.

My favorites are 6, 7, Crisis Core and Tactics. I've also played 4,5,8,9,10,13,14,15 and Type 0. I enjoyed all of them, albeit to differing extents.

Play IX last - it's literally the best one and will ruin the oth er games for you if you play them after

well, you've pretty much hit all the all rounders. FF4 DS is probably the hardest Final Fantasy. The rest of the titles are niche for various reasons.

Recommend Tactics, the PSP version. If you want a challenge, get the NES version of FF3. If you want to try something different, 8 is wildly different than the rest of the series, with FF12 also being a black sheep because of its gameplay and style of narrative.

As for FF4's sequel, if you really, REALLY like the characters from 4, do it. If not, you won't get much from it.

Gonna recommend against 9, as most of it is a fanservice game and you'd need to play the previous titles to get the most out of it.

The two MMOs, 11 and 14, are worth playing, but there's no way to get them for free and eat up a lot more time than the other ones do.

You really don't have to draw magic that aggressively. The only time you'd really want to do it is when fighting bosses with unique spells you can't get anywhere else (Ultima Weapon). It's still a dogshit system and easily makes VIII one of the worst games in the series.

That said, Drawing is one of the worse ways to farm magic. The summonings (GFs) have a number of useful abilities to learn. One of the first, Quetzalcoatl, has the ability Card. Once an enemy is weakened, you can use the command ability Card to turn that monster into a Triple Triad Card. Quetz also has the ability Refine Card, which you can use to turns cards into magic. This will generally give you WAY higher magic yields than drawing in battle directly from an enemy. Another early GF (Shiva, I think) can learn to refine items into magic. The early shops sell expensive Cottages, but these can be refined into Curaga, which will give you mid-game HP at the start of the game. Furthermore, enemies scale to Squall, including bosses. Try to keep your EXP gains low. Early on, you get a Lamp as a key item from Cid. Using it on the overworld will summon Diabolos. It's a hard battle but not too difficulty since he is Gravity-focused. Just using Selphie's Limit Break Cure All to keep alive. Diabolos provides the No Encounter ability, allowing you to avoid random battles. FFVIII is one of the most fun games to break, along side II and V. However, if you don't break it, the game can quickly become a chore. I think that's the reason so many are turned off by it.

You never use magic. FF8 is auto attack, limit cheese and mash square to cutscene attack. And I hope you enjoy sitting through the summon cutscenes each and every time while mashing square to the prompts. Cause if you don't they do fuck all for damage.

Thats the shit I mean. When you have to play an RPG wrong to get any enjoyment out of it. The game has fundamentally failed. First time playing it I didn't know shit scaled to Squall, so guess who used junctioned death to level to 99 on Island closest to hell? Made the end of the game way more difficult than it needed to be.
FF8 is the Oblivion of JRPG's. Both of them suffer from the same problem of, in order to enjoy the game you have to not level up ever. In an RPG. And I just don't understand how people can think thats a good idea?

>playing a game wrong

the fact that you can still complete it that way means its not playing it wrong. its just not traditional, and one of the hallmarks of FF is change for the sake of change

they screwed up a bunch of plot and made Kain gay for no reason

tactics for the best combat and story in the series