Why was DMC4's story much more fun to watch than DMC5's?

Why was DMC4's story much more fun to watch than DMC5's?

Attached: d8c8mhm-ef38cbc3-389d-43ff-86c5-b1a00dc2b101.jpg (557x600, 84K)

They were both terrible, but 5 is bearable because the designs arent absolute garbage like 4. Sure trish and lady look like shit, but they also looked like in 4, along with literally everybody.

I prefered Nero's 4 Devil Bringer.

Neither are very good. DMC has never had a good story. I thought the Dante stuff back at the old house was kind of nice, though.

Youtubefag detected.

Seriously though 5 was a major letdown. It felt more like it was trying to be DmC2 than anything else. Even Bloody Palace more was a joke. Didn't even bother doing it with V because I hate him so much.

because you were 10 years younger back then and a nostalgic cynical faggot today

>Why was DMC4's story much more fun to watch than DMC5's?
It was probably the 1st DMC you played, so it didn't insult you as much, since...

>They were both terrible

Who gives a shit about how they look in 5 when the whole game is spent on obnoxious Vergil wankery.

Not saying DMC4 isn't flawless in the narrative aspect but at least the demon cult cast, Dante/Nero rivalry, & the savior conflict were more fresh than "lol Vergil strikes again".

Nope. Played DMC3 prior to either of them, the other two weren't anywhere near as good but at least DMC4 had some merits despite wasted potential here & there.

Nice try faggot.

>5 was a major letdown
>Had the best combat in the franchise by far

Even if you didnt like V, Nero and Dante in 5 are by far their best iterations.

Attached: v sunglasses.png (344x366, 104K)

Even DMC has more to it than just combos -- or at least it did before DMC4 and DMC5. I still like DMC5 a lot, mind you. V can fuck off though.

Dante plays worse in DMC5 compared to 4 so no not really.

The only DMC game with a good plotline is DMC3. This franchise has never been about its story. I like DMC's plotline but only cause of how stupid and over the top it is similar to KH.

Well, in terms of complexity I'd be willing to agree, but Dante still doesn't "feel" as good as 3 Dante. The need for more... "nuance" in the animations that came with the realistic style hurt the way they respond to inputs. There's a vague sense of disconnect that wasn't there prior. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it does have an effect.

>He liked Lucifer and the shitty reskin of Beowulf

Attached: V is confused.gif (600x337, 1.88M)

My post wasn't about the story, actually. Not even DMC3 has a "good" plotline. It's functional at best.

I'm just saying you can find DMC5 to be a letdown even if you think it has the most engaging combat, which I do.

I don’t think it was. 5 was way more entertaining, if a little contrived

>mug kyrie
it wasnt

Who mugged Kyrie?

Attached: 1554797608989.png (1162x762, 387K)

>Inertia
>guard flying
>non-floaty gravity
>reversals actually existing
>DT distortion
>pandora >>>>>>>> faust

And that's barely scratching the surface of the amount of downgrades they've added. Keep eating shit V poster.

I wonder if they are going to mod DMC4 and 5's weapons in DMC3

DDMK hasn't been updated in a long while, so no. I would rather see the 3/4 weapons pushed to 5.

>Shit that were confirmed to be glitches and no one other than 1% of the playerbase ever made use of

I supose, hopefully make a boss Dante you can fight against, I want to fight Dante and Vergil at the same time.

>I want to fight Dante and Vergil at the same time.
Hell in Hell mode!

I mean, it would be interesting to fight Dante, especially due to the weapon variety and his SDT

Because the DMC5 one is terribe.

DMC4 story is kinda bland to watch, it only spikes up when Dante comes into the picture and the few interactions he has with Nero, though it probably has some of my favorite cutscenes and lines of all DMC games.

DMC5 is weird, my biggest issue perhaps is that everytime the story tries to move forward you get a flashback or you go back to a few hours earlier to see the events happening from the perspective of another character, after a while it gets tiresome.

Attached: 1552613462473.jpg (849x960, 98K)

>"glitches" that objectively elevated the game to the point of extending it's lifespan among non-casual players.
>Advocating removal of advanced tech at all
Nerf culture ladies and gentlemen.

DMC5 had the best mechanics but the worst story, music, level design, and SOUL of any DMC game other than 2 and the fake one.

Excuse me, but 2 had awesome soundtrack.

I liked that it didn't bother with puzzles, I never liked that shit very much. Soul is too subjective. I think I liked the story more than 4s.

Because DMC4's story was new and interesting while DMC5's Story was basically just DMC3 2.

DMC5 has the best story in the series.

Unironically a pleb filter.

it wasn't. what's with all these ACSHULLY DMC5 WASN'T THAT GOOD threads recently? none of you faggots know a good thing when you see it, going to go replay it again now

>you get a flashback
The story is pretty basic without that though. The enemy bosses in DMC5 are mostly devoid of personality, and the actual plot is pretty straightforward. There's some solid stuff in there like Dante visiting the old homestead, but even for DMC the story is sort of thin. I actually think the story is fine (the Vergil wank is tiring, but it is what it is) but I wish the bosses were more colorful and memorable as personalities.
>level design
I thought the level design was on par with DMC4's overall. Not good, but not awful. Just kind of boring and uneventful. I have a feeling it was a response to the complaints about DMC4's few gimmicky bits, but it makes the game come across as half-baked. Not as bad as DMC4 in that respect since it never stoops to outright retreading, but I think more ambitious level designers and more time in development would have boosted my enjoyment a lot.

The issue is that instead of actually reducing tedium they've created a new problem where as the game progresses the level design's blandness becomes so aggressive to the point of feeling monotonous especially on replays (with V missions already being a drive killer).

Itsuno is just profoundly incapable of trying to into level design worth a fuck.

Really? I disagree. I find it easier to replay because I just run forward killing shit. No tedious backtracking or downtime or puzzles.

The Qlipoth was such a shitty enviroment. Seriously, it's just fucking generic gray

Because reboot influenced it in many ways. It looks/feels less animé

Capcom in general is. Most of their games have level design problems.

5's was more fun though. At most you can say there's less action in the cutscenes, but 4 got heavy criticism for having a lot of action in scenes players couldn't play.