Metroid thread

>You got the space jump
>You got the screwattack
Any other feeling more satisfying than this?

Attached: Samus work suit.jpg (792x890, 107K)

I honestly find the more minor upgrades like the high jump more satisfying for some reason

Yeah, those too, just make your life easier all around.

Played through a lot of this series last year. I know everyone said the games were great but I really didn't expect them to be so good. The first one, however, sort of felt like it was made to sell strategy guides. I finished it completely blind and some of the things you have to just stumble across felt ridiculous. So much time spent looking where to go next. I didn't even know there was a varia suit until after I finished it.

>doors lock behind you, hindering exploration
>go here, not there, wherever WE tell you
>oh, you missed a secret you wanna find? Well go fuck yourself, Sector 1, bitch

pic unrelated

Attached: Metroid Fusion.jpg (220x220, 18K)

Well, for me the secrets are not Zelda 1 tier "get the power" worthy, I was able to find all the powerups on my first run. It's funny, because the varia suit isn't even the most ridiculous secret, it's gotta be one of the energy tank.

I was so stuck I'd often glitch myself to areas I wasn't supposed to go to since I couldn't think of any thing else to do. I thought that trick where you could climb a wall by strategically placing bombs was an actual mechanic.

why does everyone rate echoes above prime 1?
i found it pretty dull in comparison

what franchise would you want to see Metroid crossover with?

Risk of Rain
Doom
Halo
Mario Kart

It was though, bomb jumping is a mechanic, just because the game doesn't teach you a mechanic it doesn't just mean it wasn't intended.
Example, D&R1 knew exactly how the wall jump could be used in Super Metroid, but they didn't change it, why? To make the player feel like they are mastering the game, which they are.

Xcom.

Play as a Federation General or something, command missions in which Fed squads try to fight off space pirates or whatever threat to the planets in their territory, with Xcom gameplay. Researching new tech is done by having some squads explore distant planets over time, some of which will be based on actual weapons and power ups from the series.

Retard

Just port Federation Force and give it a non-shit artstyle.

>No fun allowed
Every game where Adam is mentioned is just an annoying fetch quest, go here, do that, don't even dare to go back.
See how that rhymed? That was an accident, much like Adam is a fucking accident.

You got grey place, yellowish greyish place, greenish, greyish place, and greyish neon place. That said I still love it the most and locations are more interesting than the Mario like areas of prime 1 imo

Monster Hunter.
I want to kill an Omega Metroid with a bagpipe and then wear its skin.

Every Prime has different strengths and weaknesses, it just so happens people nowadays are starting to recognize Echoes strengths more

It's even worse because there's not even a logical explanation
>The elevator is just not gonna show up, don't question it, please!
Fucking bullshit.

Attached: metroid zoomer.png (669x506, 32K)

fpbp

what are echoes' strengths exactly? i'm having a hard time seeing what it does better than 1

>He couldn't appreciate the smooth atmospheric advances
>every installment of a series should take the same approach
>MUH EXPLORATION LET ME GO BACK AND LOOK AT THIS BROWN WALL AGAIN OMG

Attached: 1563665560324.png (323x570, 214K)

You could have a point if you communicated it sensibly, now you're just an autist.

A more hostile atmosphere with Dark Aether's atmosphere literally being toxic to you, the heavier emphasis on boss fights and enemy encounters, slightly more difficult, the tone of the game with all the dead luminoths everywhere
Also has the sexiest suit and second best area in the series

>Who cares if the pioneer for the gameplay that has influenced the whole indiestry is actively removing the sense of exploration and discovery? Muh epic atmosphere that was arguably done better in Super Metroid!
You're a fucking joke, bet Other M was your first Metroid game.

Attached: manlejak.jpg (201x250, 10K)

>sometimes you get ambushed by tons of pirates who cut off your escape
>after a few turns of suffering, a genius-level AI Samus appears and starts blasting pirates left and right
Would play

This.

So you admit to liking shittier games because they use an already inferior atmosphere to Super Metroid, correct?

Attached: UH.png (276x361, 170K)