How does PC gaming plan to stay relevant when the PlayStation 5 hits the market?

How does PC gaming plan to stay relevant when the PlayStation 5 hits the market?

Attached: PS5-4-768x432.jpg (768x432, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qyoUtEmzCl4
pcgamer.com/pc-passes-ps4-to-become-ubisofts-top-revenue-generator/
ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/comsite_common/en-US/images/pressrelease_downloadablemm_20190717_040804_ubisoftfy20q1salesenglishfinal_tcm99-353224_tcm99-196733-32.pdf
sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/pdf/2019/GNS_E.pdf
neogaf.com/threads/why-no-ps3-games-on-ps4.1493794/
gamingbolt.com/yakuza-now-considered-a-multiplatform-series-by-sega
youtu.be/RnGQFCXxVCU
youtu.be/e3cH1H3aK8Q
youtu.be/z71NsC8T2ds
ft.com/content/3a3419f4-78b1-11e9-be7d-6d846537acab
youtube.com/watch?v=ReDDgFfWlS4
gamasutra.com/view/news/281048/Andrew_House_PS4s_main_competitor_isnt_the_Xbox_its_the_PC.php
quora.com/What-is-the-highest-frame-rate-fps-that-can-be-recognized-by-human-perception-At-what-rate-do-we-essentially-stop-noticing-the-difference
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/jKSXVWwUugSQG1pgREGhKA/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/FlbhZX-jTnTO3go7Haj-pQ/
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_O1fkq7j8
100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=blSYXMNuBfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

by existing and being better

By having piracy and free online and also limitless backwards compatibility.

fpbp

this

based

PC gaming is relevant?

I don't think PS5 will be backwards compatible (with PS3/2), get Xbox instead or build your own PC.
youtube.com/watch?v=qyoUtEmzCl4

The same way it stayed relevant when PS1 hit the market, and PS2, and PS3, and PS4.

PC will always be miles ahead of consoles because the latter has to be cheaper and thus weaker.

Alot of Sony IP has slipped to PC these last 3 years.

Me thinks Sony are going to support PC and cukk the console audience.

Prepare for Sony fan butt blast

Attached: F1.large.jpg (1280x797, 142K)

PS5 is confirmed to be 8k ray Tracing At least 60fps and under 5 sec load times

Just like ever, but consolepeasants are too dumb to realize that.

Attached: 1562414353562.png (638x479, 363K)

>limitless backwards compatibility.
wrong

Near limitless then.

By having games.

Sure. Keep believe every game will run at 60 and have less than 5 second load times.

BLAST PROCESSING
MODE 7 3D GRAPHICS
SUPER FX CHIP

Skinnerboxes and lootboxes and always online was minted on PC. Consoles are for masterful singleplayer games.

PC isn't relevant now. Literally nobody gives a fuck about PC games, it's a multiplat machine. Nobody looks to PC for new games.

Buying day 1

Ps4 was and still is getting plenty of kino games

Attached: 37463782161187.jpg (1440x1080, 557K)

Yeah, just like ps4 pro is 4k.

PC slowly starting to get those juicy PS "EXCLUSIVE" games too.
the age of consolefags is slowly fading

>kino = movie
you're right it is getting nothing but kino games

? Like what?

name one

What's so different about now versus PS3-4 release?

This gen?
Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Bloodborne, God of War, Persona 5 just off the top of my head. Name a relevant PC game.

By having Ape Escape 4

Not gum but like 8+ Sony IP have slid to PC in the last 3 years

All of David cage games, journey some random vita game.

Death stranding doesnt even say its exclusive on the box

Him*

Not the best ones naturally. It will continue like that.

By not doing a goddamn thing. A console is just a console. PC is eternal.

Attached: 1408478472424.png (709x422, 432K)

>Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Persona 5
All on PC, so it's not like we aren't getting anything

He think Detroit going PC spells doom and gloom for all PS exclusives, even though Sony has stated time and time again that exclusives are a vital part of their business model and that they will focus even more on exclusives on the PS5 because they've realized the importance of it.

Every time new console is about to hit the market you consolecucks start screaming "HAHA WE'LL GET YOU THIS TIME" and every time PC stays relevant while your dust collector gets 1 fine game max while everything else is just pure garbage.
So yeah, PS5 and XBOXwhateverthenameis are n9t putting a dent on PC yet again.

>Emulation.
Kek.
You still didn't answer my question.

Eh the games are getting bigger and bigger tho, used to be indie shit, but AA are landing on PC without a peep of pr from Sony

Death stranding is owned by Sony but no "exclusive" label.

Sony fans have been downplaying this for years but Sony continues to dip its ties and legs into the PC market without so much as a press release

>Sony has stated time and time again that exclusives are a vital part of their business model and that they will focus even more on exclusives on the PS5 because they've realized the importance of it.
They've said they're concentrating on fewer, bigger games for next gen. Which is pretty absurd conidering my biggest problem with the PS4's library is the lack of smaller and more interesting titles.

? Sony has been making PC games longer then you've been alive. Nobody denies this

They dont view PC as a competitor
*toes

But I did, those are 3 relevant games that you named yourself. If you mean exclusives, that's a concept only console players care about, PC gets everything.

Rarely, before this gen there was like 1 game in twisted metal series that got a port, the flood hats have widened lately

Sony? crickets

by having around 30 years of compatible games + emulation

With a bonus of getting cucked £50 per year for shitty candy crush games that you can't keep, and a 2 fps slideshow session at pointless K res and gimped tracing.

Attached: 2lv3.jpg (988x1059, 421K)

PS5
>30fps at "4-8k"
PC
>Any frame rate and resolution you want
HMMMM

Gates*

by being Open?
DRMboxes are not competition especially with all the subscription BS

You don't know what you're talking about. They've been making PC exclusives for over 20 years.

fpbp

K

They're not exclusive to the PC platform and emulation sucks nuts.

don't forget
>Does your taxes
>Mines unlimited bitcoins
>Brought man to the moon

You stupid nigger.
>They are known for creating the games EverQuest, EverQuest II, The Matrix Online, PlanetSide, Star Wars Galaxies, Clone Wars Adventures, Free Realms, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, DC Universe Online, PlanetSide 2, H1Z1: Just Survive, and H1Z1: King of the Kill, along with more recent acquisitions Dungeons and Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online.[1]

by getting 95% of the same library the PS5 has

unless you're the kind of shit eating retard that buys sony exclusives

>emulation sucks nuts.
no it doesn't
you just want it to suck in your head to justify your shitty purchases

>They're not exclusive to the PC platform
No one makes PC exclusives because that's retarded. Porting to consoles takes minimal effort currently.
>and emulation sucks
Explain, I've been emulating since the 90s and nothing changed

They sold the company that made most of those completely irrelevant.

Same way as before.
All the games are free on PC.

Why are there so many poorfags here? Why don't you own all current hardware?

Defend this PEE SEE gamers.

Attached: Pclaunchers.png (500x300, 28K)

based fellow pirate

How does that change what they made in the past? Are you about to go into some ultimate gymnastics?

I don't have that issue.

Attached: 1549206971175.png (793x794, 402K)

I don't have to worry about launcher when I pirate all games.

*yawn*

If you're going to give up, do it graciously. It's okay to be wrong from time-to-time You don't have to stutterpost, *post, or whatever other memepost you have.

>ray tracing
you mean "ray tracing audio", whatever the fuck that means

Irelevent semantics.
Almost All those games were massive fails for decades.

I meant Sony in context of playstation anyways.

>DUDE! the PS5 has those secret super nasa components you totally can't get on the normal market! I'm tellin' YA! 32K 120fps raytracing realtime CGI! and all that for 400$!

>CALL 1800-COCKSUCKER to get a PS5 slim yourself

Attached: 1508965936431.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Attached: nigga.png (625x626, 181K)

only 60? only 8k
PFFFFT HAHAHAHHAHAHA
pleb.

Everquest was a failure and you're moving the goalposts and the metrics for an MMO failing are really hard to measure. I mean I get it, you're young, but you're going to have to argue properly.

they don't need to be exclusive if they're much, much better on that platform

*Wasn't

Which PC game can't be played on PC?

Pc isn't relevant and has only gotten less relevant this gen. It's a monopoly for steamcucks to get their indieshit and 2 console ports a year

based console fifth column

How is fp so often bp?

If you are the same user who was downplaying Sony constantly ramping up the size and scope of its PC ports from its ps division year after year I dont know what else to say, I was talking to that guy and not really anyone else.

I'm out, I dont feel bad for the black eyes sony fans will have in 1 or 2 years when everything from Sony lands definitive and best on PC

pc gaming has never been relevant in over 10 years. PS5 will just continue its trend of irrelevance.

Attached: days without sony winning.jpg (641x731, 73K)

Consolebabbies don't actually believe this, do they?

>Pc isn't relevant and has only gotten less relevant this gen
It's the exact opposite. PC market has kept growing and is the biggest moneymaker for Ubisoft for example. All the Japanese games are also now coming to PC.

Attached: 1521486785854.jpg (307x338, 17K)

Honestly this would probably make the most sense going forward. Just make people do this and you're set
Obviously a plug and play solution would be required but that ultimately comes down to if the industry pulls it's shit together and with how retarded 80% of it is I don't like its odds

Just imagine
>PC
>Plug and play console shit
>Literally a choice that just uses your existing shit
>The only purchase would be physical mediums
>Could let proprietary bullshit be there with a normal connection in back
>Drm probably would be held on the device/medium rather than your PC (Sony does a good job with drm despite it being drm anyway)
>Could even make cartridge loading a thing again where it's literally a read only ssd that you pop in

Honestly I want a future where this is real rather than having to own another fucking system. Only issue then is the toasters

Attached: ps4_blu_ray_drive.png (500x235, 82K)

It's literally, LITERALLY the OPPOSITE.

>having piracy

and you wonder why you don't get ports

Not him. I jumped in because Sony has been making PC games and you didn't know what you were talking about but but you pretended to by talking about Twisted Metal.
Sony's second rate stuff has always been on PC, but it's creme will likely never come. That's the reality of it.

The best part about playing games on PC is that I get to keep my games library. Enjoy buying $60 "remasters" of all your games yet again
>b-but I can just plug in my PS3!
No you won't.

Literally just piracy and third worlders. Consoles will never be as popular as pc outside of western countries.

Even if ps5 is better than 1500$ pc, its still wont be as cheap in the long run, especially when console games are much more expensive in shit countries than on steam, due to valves flexible regional pricing, let alone being able to just download shit for free.

PC is a platform for poor people

Citation needed

MGI is an exclusive and it was fun.

Why do you retards act like the PS5 will be better than a high end PC when it comes out? It's already outdated.

>every generation
>how will PC survive
>every generation PC keeps going
>still see threads like this

maximum kek

also HDR :^)

By being the superior platform same as always.

Attached: 1408732961651.jpg (583x720, 56K)

Attached: 1538263022072.jpg (413x395, 31K)

Literally who gives a shit. A ps3 slim is like 50$ used. Fuck off microsoft shill

>but it's creme will likely never come
I like how you gave yourself an out there

Sony is going full PC, same guy who leaked journey and the cage games say bloodborne is next. Feb 2020

I don't pay for games like a cuckold, so this isn't an issue for me.

pcgamer.com/pc-passes-ps4-to-become-ubisofts-top-revenue-generator/

Every company keeps reporting their PC sales growing every single year. 5 years ago barely any Japanese games came to Steam, now literally every game does. PC has sucked all of Xbox's exclusives and is now doing the same to PlayStation.

It keeps getting bigger and better every single year.

The reply chain was about AAA shit, indie will always be a PC only thing
And I enjoyed MGI too

I don't even own Sony hardware, literally only a PC. Jumping to conclusions is never smart and often wrong.
If Bloodborne comes, good. It won't come. Leaks mean literally nothing.

There are AAA games just look at MMOs.

All the relevant multiplayer games like ds3 and mhw are dead on pc compared to ps4.

snoy is the platform for good multiplayer games

I remember when consolefags tried saying that the PS4 Pro was going to be as good as a GTX 1070 because of the tflop meme. Good times. I can't wait until the PS5 comes out and it's only as good as an RX 580.

>I don't even own Sony hardware

So? I didn't jump to any conclusion, you are the one implying that.

And, oh and it looks like You were the one pretending to know shit.

>same guy who leaked
really now, who was he?

By largely going for different markets. We've known for years now that for better or worse, post-Jack Tretton Sony don't see Valve or PC gaming in general as direct competition.

Attached: 1423306658745.png (800x800, 2.45M)

What were you implying than? Get your point across cleanly and concisely.

Buried somewhere in prevoius OT for Sony games on ree era.

Sony fans were quick to bury and ignore the post

ohnonono

ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/comsite_common/en-US/images/pressrelease_downloadablemm_20190717_040804_ubisoftfy20q1salesenglishfinal_tcm99-353224_tcm99-196733-32.pdf

Are Snoyboys going to be devving directly on PS5 hardware?

free games and cheats, EZ

Attached: 1562405767605.jpg (1080x1080, 547K)

>B-by being better!

>J-just pay for a 900 dollar graphics card hehehjhhh

Attached: 1410447482477.jpg (800x2304, 480K)

>being better
At running console focused games lol

fpbp based /thread

It doesn't. Epic is already killing PC gaming with their exclusivity bullshit. PS5 will just be the killing blow.

>someone unironically wrote this whole discussion he had inside his head

the only thing epic is killing is themselves

>plan to stay relevant
1440p 144hz

there are plenty of pc games
stop meming around you fool

Attached: Anno1800_DLC_Sunken_Treasures_Continental_Island_1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 137K)

Attached: 1408116117431.png (650x650, 63K)

niche games don't count

everybody and their mom knows anno

on top of that it is actually a game unlike most of the crap on the ps4

>raytracing
>8k
>when current gen couldn't even reach the 4K milestone it advertises so hard
Next gen consoles might have 8K and raytracing, except they'll be knock-offs of the real thing that PC has ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh, and 30 fps, modding, customisation, performance, etc.

Piracy is much simpler on PC
You actually own the hardware you buy. Consoles you technically are loaned/rented
Configuration of the system means you can specialize the system for various content like specifically for DOS shit or the latest gaymen with denuvo
Multimedia playback generally doesn't suck miles of cock on PC
Entering shit into a search bar takes less effort so if your faggot ass uses Netflix you can binge more efficiently

There will always be poor people who can't afford consoles but have shitty rigs to play those 10+ years old F2P games.

OP, given how badly the big three are fucking people over now with DRM, DLC, and planned Games as a service, all of gaming is fucked next gen. People need to boycott Epic now, or we'll see several more unwanted platforms steal games away from Steam.

There are no worthy PC exclusives on par with the likes of Uncharted, Horizon, Zelda etc.

just like always making petitions and begging for it's games

Dont we get almost everything now?

Ps5 wil be a cool piece of kit for a year.
The most high end card right now is around 40% faster then what the ps5 will get, but, because of optimizing the ps5 will probably destroy it.
But around the ps5 release date new gpu's and cpu's wil release and those will dwarf the ps5 again.

And dont forget
Xbox360: " we target 60 fps for all titles"
Ps4: " It can run games in 120fps"

should add resetera somewhere there

people need to boycott snoyified games to solidify the get woke go broke message. epic doesn't matter, they're already irrelevant and forgotten a few months later.

its not even relevant this gen. Only early access, mobile, f2p, mobas, csgo and shovelware like star citizen are games that define pc gaming these days. its not like 10 years ago anymore.

They are. My 19 years old cousin bought a PS4 Pro few months ago and kept bragging about how much better it is than my PC, because of 4K and HDR. The problem is, his TV is old 1080p without HDR. I tried to explain a dozen times how PS4 Pros 4K and HDR don't do shit if you don't have a compatible TV, but this retard just kept saying that PS4 Pro will make ANY tv 4K and HDR compatible.

Attached: zand.jpg (1140x650, 102K)

It will never compare to PlayStation which is biggest gaming brand worldwide. It is 3rd most popular brand in the UK, 7th in Germany and 13 in the US off all the brands.

sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/pdf/2019/GNS_E.pdf

Cope.

OH NONONONONONONONONO

Attached: 1500720782679.png (330x319, 204K)

>It will never compare to PlayStation which is biggest gaming brand worldwide
That may just be because PC isn't a brand.

PlayStation is biggest gaming brand and that is fact PC fags on suicide watch.

You do realize that it supports supersampling? Theres an option in video settings to turn it on if you have 1080p tv.

It might very well look better than your pc.

Are you even a gamer?

nice bait hand

console fags just mad that even little niche PC games from eastern slavshits like World of Tanks have more revenue yearly than the entire console market combined

I love the fact that PC isn't a brand. I hate brands and products, I rather buy the raw ingredients.

poor fag. enjoy being poor. fag

You can emulate all of those with time. Zelda and other Nintendo games are already emulatable.

You also have access to better versions of those games with FPS unlocks, graphic mods, unlocked resolution etc.

I own a ps4 and even I dont want to play uncharted

Lack of censorship.

do you have a single fact to back that up?
because numbers suggest that PC is around as big as the nintendo sony and xbox combined

i am not that guy but
>It might very well look better than your pc.
a 400 $ console can look better than a 400$ GPU?

Attached: 1449608864932.gif (300x169, 320K)

PC by default is the master race because of emulation, it is literally EVERY console on one machine.

I recently played Ace Combat 0 on pcsx2 and Persona 5 on rpcs3 at 60 fps. You can use any controller you want, choose your own resolution, pirate all ROMs for free. You have guaranteed eternal backwards compatibility and instant access to thousands of games, from 3DS games to Wii games to PSP games to playstation and even Switch on some titles, and the best part is you don't pay a cent because ROMs and emulators are free.

The only reason to own current gen consoles is for exclusives, and usually there's only a few ones worth playing like Bloodborne, P5R, Fire Emblem Three Heroes. With PC you can do everything else and in the long run save more money by pirating all your games (I haven't bought a single player game for over a decade) and not paying for online subscription.

Emulation is the best kept secret of the master race.
Mods is the other one. Want bigger tits or uncensored sprites on your girls? Just mod it. Cyberpunk won't let you kill children? Just install a mod to kill them. Ease of piracy is important too. Not sure you'll like a game but want to try it? Just pirate it. PC is ultimate freedom.

Attached: 1559386577873.png (880x720, 334K)

>stay
No idea why, but you seem to imply it is relevant now.
Fuck off.
If I wanted to read a fantasy story I'd browse Fox news.

>PC fags eat up even the Cage trash because there was once [console exclusive] sticker on the cover
the state of PC gaming

>snoyboi actually believes it will be anything like this
it's SUPER CHARGED PC ARCHITECTURE all over again and just like last time you simps will fall head over heels for it

/thread

Yes. There are no games for your overpriced 400$ gpu that will look better than HZD running in 1800p HDR.

PC doesnt even support hdr, there are very few games that have it.

Europoors and whales will keep it going like always

>20fps
>looking better than anything

>60% of people game on pc
>Literally nobody gives a fuck about PC!

Why is HDR relevant when you can run in 1440p or 4K at high frame rates? Frame rate > resolution

>muh supersampling
It still isn't 4k or 60 fps, and there are plenty of PC games that look better than the best looking PS4 games.

if you are gonna be a faggot and claim your bullshit are "facts" at least post your bullshit paid articles so we can laugh at them

Eh who cares.
What I want to know is when Sony's gonna rerelease the PlayStation TV, I want some Vita games on my TV anons.

Same way it stayed "relevant" since the 6th generation:
marketing of graphics cards, indie ports, the occasional console port, and massive controversy over more consumer rights being taken away on the platform that already has the least of them.

Every game there is either
>also on PC
>Garbage
>Bloodborne

The meme is real

Attached: 402_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 90K)

assisns creed odyssey looks miles ahead on anything sony has to offer. I love it how sonyfags keep thinking that their devs work with some kind of magic other devs arent capable of

By letting you run the fuck you want instead of just the movie shit and leftovers of the PC indie scene.

Attached: truxtrux.jpg (1527x792, 346K)

HDR has nothing to do with resolution or framerate its about contrast.

>why is this new technology that makes everything look much better relevant than you can just run at higher fps

Might as well just play on low settings then.
HDR makes console games look better than anything available on pc.

>emulater faggotry
kill yourself subhuman

You're either a retard that pay a lot of money to scalpers that won't share a single cent with the company that did the game (assuming the company even exists), or a baby that have disgust by older graphics.
So, you're the subhuman here.

tfw europoors are getting mad because the only reason for buying their consoles will be gone in a few years

Imagine being this retarded as to not have a crt filter or scanlines on your emulator.

pc gamers are the real morons

SEETHING
enjoy your next DRMBox, bro.

>he thinks he needs to support scalpers to play on orignal hardware
There's a reason why emukiddies are a joke on every retro game board, this is it.

Based and fpbp

HOW DOES IT KEEP HAPPENING

kino = cinema, you silly fuck

They have the games and have the consoles, and if you want those, you have to pay.

Secure 60fps at 1080p first and we'll talk.

but there are plenty of games on PC supporting it, meanwhile half of your games dont even run properly

You have to pay for a pc too. Or in your case, your mom had to pay for it. Gonna pretend back up loading doesn't exist too?

Frame rate is mostly an artistic decision, not a hardware issue.
And there are plenty anti high frame rate people in the industry, specially the american industry.

CNN & MSNBC you mean

Well your cope is already next gen.

Outdated af.
PCMR fags nowadays would put "144+FPS, 4k, 4k textures, ultawide" in that image.

>PS5 is confirmed to be 8k ray Tracing At least 60fps and under 5 sec load times

so it's going to be a $2000 console? because right now at $400, the PS4 can't run at a solid 30fps, at 900p.

So you're basically one of those like one of those audiophiles that believe that its impossible to get the game exactly like on the console without using the real hardware and a strategic bag of cheetos?

>10 fps

"Frame rate is mostly an artistic decision"

This is just as dumb as saying humans can only see 24 fps

If its an artistic decision allow me to unlock it

Even RTX is knock-off raytracing.

I'm sorry why did make this... PC has always had more to offer...

console gaming is only big in the US so this makes no sense

A used $400 PC will beat even the One X in almost every game. If you're talking solely new then PC can't compete and PC will also struggle when you compare base consoles to a $200 new PC. I don't think you can even build a PC for $200 new and play games on it.

Free online, mods, cheaper games, piracy, better graphics, reshade, 60+ FPS, KB/M, can use any third party controller and so on.

The same way it did when the other 4 hit the market

i like how this meme started with a black guy's hand flat against a table, and now it's just a floating hand near some games.

You guys don't understand.
Those games generally have this faggot art director that use terms like "soap opera effect" or "looks too gamey" when the game is running at 60 FPS, and he convinces the higher up to cap the game to 30 and guarantees it by using the extra resources with details and stuff.

+ almost all arcade boards, 3,4,5,6(soon 7th) gen games
get to keep purchases forever, don't have to rebuy every resident evil every gen

>Not buying a Optiplex for 250$
>Not swapping out the PSU and the Graphics card and Ram for 350$
>In total spending 600$ and having a gaming rig that is better than the prebuilt ones.
Also Graphics cards very in price. But even a 1060 6gb card is going to be much better than your measily PS5.

The One X routinely goes on sale for around $250 these days. And used can be had for around $200. You can’t build a comparable used PC for that much but for not a lot more you can build something much better than a one X. But the value proposition presented by consoles and the ease of use is extremely nice

Is there an argument for consoles outside exclusives?

There is no debate that PC does literally everything else better.

Who gives a shit about those old games? it is all about the new games bitch. PC keks and xbots don't want to talk about new games because they don't want to admit that their new games are trash and doesn't compare to Nintendo and Sony's new games.
The only Sony IP that has gone to PC are when the studios detached themselves from Sony.

>$900
You can get a used 970 for between $50-70 and if you want to opt for something that will have longer support or simply something new there's always AMD's RX 570 and 580 for $120/150.
Even the best non-RTX card on the market isn't 900, you can get a 1080 ti for around 400 if you look hard enough.

> 8k ray Tracing At least 60fps and under 5 sec load times
>8k
user your PS4 Pro can barely do 4k and this PS5 will barely even get full 4k resolution. Load times are going to also be double thanks to how quickly technology moves on.

The 1060 is pretty aged and well outclassed by something like the One X man. I have one in my PC and it’s more than capable but I keep it at 1080. It runs some games slightly better but you also have more inconsistent framerates. I have a 2700x with a 6gb 1060 and 32gb of ram and a 1tb SSD. I plan on upgrading to a 2080 once prices drop

>Who gives a shit about those old games?
wtf ?
i constantly see sonybros begging for PS3 bc for their next gen console

*AHEM*
200%, 50%

Attached: 1558018779487.png (460x752, 146K)

Only have one launcher.

Reminder there are "people" on Yea Forums who don't own a desktop computer, and only post on Yea Forums with a laptop or a phone

Attached: 1534131819926.jpg (410x386, 65K)

>thinking anecdotes has any semblence in reality
kek

>$600
For 600 you can build yourself a Ryzen 1700x machine with a 1060/580. WHy the fuck would you even buy an Optiplex at this point in time. 4c4-8t is dead.

>noooo emulators are only good if I have to pay for them!
the absolute state of consolecucks

yeah im thinking cope
neogaf.com/threads/why-no-ps3-games-on-ps4.1493794/

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

if pc got everything, you wouldn't need to emulate console chads' games to have anything decent to play. just admit that pc gaming is a reddit meme.

I actually remember the time I discovered gaming on pc, I was young and something kind of revolted me, I managed to get it out of the subconscious, it was the 60 fps which felt really off. But then it's a can't go back sort of thing and if 30fps can be deemed as acceptable, the dips can't. The loading times too. I resent my ps4 for these reasons and will carefully monitor ps5 performances.

lol thats pretty much what makes Console gaming suck lol.

>PC market has kept growing and is the biggest moneymaker for Ubisoft
so in addition to being irrelevant, the reddit neckbeards on pc also have atrocious taste in games.

I was thinking about upgrading my PC for next gen but my friend lent me his ps4 for a month, and I just realized how fucking great game sharing is on ps4 compared to Steam. If it stays like this on ps5 then I will switch for a PS for sure.

basically you can duplicate all your games with a friend instead of just temporarily sharing them and kicking them out whenever you want to play. On ps4 you can play shared games at the same time with your friend, even play them online together at the same time. You can even share your ps+ like that.

also, Steam sales these days are the exact same thing as console sales. I mean literally, the summer sales were the same price drops for the same games as it was on days of play.

PC is just no longer the thinking man's platform, in fact it's becoming more and more similar to an iphone where you just pay way way more money for some minuscule premium.

Attached: a_1518879115963.gif (320x245, 1.89M)

>How is PS1 gonna be relevant when PS2 launches
>How is PS3 gonna be relevant when XBOX1 launches
PC Has always been, and will always be relevant, and the superior choice in just about every aspect. Console is just nice for cost/portability

Cope, mobile and PC are bigger than consoles.

NOOOOOOOOOOO
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UPPPPPPP

Attached: wojakcry.jpg (236x282, 14K)

HDR is nothing new but requires a proper monitor or tv to present it. Oblivion has HDR.

If PC is so good, why's there no PC2???

>Better performance comes at a higher price

Damn really BTFO'd him there

>Anno is a bad game
nah m8 1800 is great, sorry but you will have to stick with your shitty ass tps games

/thread

Fuck

Lol the quicker patch support is a bitch indeed especially now that everyone is online and can very well witness pc players having things earlier. My gf who plays My time at portia is kind of fuming.

Should we feel threatened about free online someday ?

>buying a censorstation

Actually false. A 1080p gaming PC will play any game you throw at it at 60fps high/ultra. Meanwhile consoles are stuck at low-medium settings and 30fps because the 8core CPUs inside them are trash. A $400 used PC will beat a One X in 1080p and 4k.

>Dev makes trash game using new hardware
>It is the hardwares fault
>Other dev makes fantastic game using new hardware
>Ignored because doesn't fit narrative
>Sony will go bankrupt memes
>Lie about resolutions even on base PS4
>Lying about first party titles
Aaahhh. Even back then the cope was at a different level for PC cucks.

>mobile
Yeah let's keep it vidya.

I'm sure it'll finally run that killzone trailer in real time now

Tell your GF to buy a PC< dumb cunt.

pc was never the "thinking man's platform." it always had garbage games compared to consoles. that's why pc mustards have to use emulation and console ports as their only selling points, because they have no games of their own.

>multiplats

>Ryzen Meme
The main issue is AMD does not have Office computers with their CPU. If they did and it was cheaper i would recommend it. It was just me proving that it can be done. And it does not cost THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.
user just stop before you embarrass yourself.

>A dead thread where 2 people want BC and the rest aren't retarded.
k

this
old steam (and in general pc) sales justified building an expensive PC because you could still save money in the long run
nu-steam sales on the other hand are just the same crap the xbox and playstation also gets, and it even has worse game sharing

there is just nothing justifying paying so much more for a PC anymore unless you are an FPS autist

>PC gaming
>relevant within the past 20 years

Piracy solves all your problems. I pirate hundreds of dollars of games every month and don't play most of them, PC is objectively cheaper in the long run.

This is some fucking great bait.

I nag her about that all the time, show her good deals etc but she perfers the comfiness and simplicity of consoles, it doesn't help that she gets to witness me everytime I'm troubleshooting almost every game I have, even for minor reasons.

>>Other dev makes fantastic game using new hardware

when did that happen though?

keep being delusional console cuck

It's not a meme, it's reality. 4c4t struggles since 2016 with games like BF1.
Some games in 2019 you can still play fine with 4c4t, but once next gen rolls around you're fucked even with a decent i7.
>cost thousands of $$$
You can build a Ryzen 1600/1700 PC with a 1060/580 for like $600.
Office PCs are a dead-end in 2019.

Actually yeah, especially if you're using shit-tier emulators like kega fusion which proudly boasts 4 frames of input lag, inaccurate audio, broken effects rendering. You're one of those retards who thinks the at games systems are basically identical to the real thing, aren't you?

this. when has pc not been better than the next turd must pay for online box.

desu like my xboner x

Attached: 1546492209937.jpg (500x376, 186K)

>Being contrarian
>Living under a rock
cope

>corporatist consolecuck is also a liberal
IMAGINE

there are only a handfull of good sony exclusives
and fewer that actually run good

Troubleshooting, like? Only thing I ever need to mess around with are cfg/ini edits if there's no toggle for something or I want a specific setting that's no available in the ingame options.
Also FOV changers, but I highly doubt console cucks care about a good field of view.
I don't see what's wrong. She's jealous over PC players getting shit early, but at the same time she's insisting that PC games are broken and not as easy as consoles.

You are more prone to buy an AT@Games system than i.
Also good luck playing non uber popular disc based systems.

Never because nobody makes games for PC anymore besides indie tier shovelware.

Unironically 2005.
It depends how you look at "better". The 360 had the best possible hardware in 2005, even better than what you could buy for PC. It only was for a few months, but still.

i dont know probably by running games at >10 fps

>It's not a meme, it's reality. 4c4t struggles since 2016 with games like BF1.
>Some games in 2019 you can still play fine with 4c4t, but once next gen rolls around you're fucked even with a decent i7.
user let me tell you a secret. CPU's and Moore's law has not existed for the last 6 years or so on PC. I have looked in every comparison video for drastic differences and there is very minimal difference except the Graphics Card.
>You can build a Ryzen 1600/1700 PC with a 1060/580 for like $600.
Yes you could that is what i was trying to say.
>Office PCs are a dead-end in 2019.
They are a shortcut for those who are poor and do not want to bother putting everything together and would like to swap out the parts.

gamingbolt.com/yakuza-now-considered-a-multiplatform-series-by-sega

imagine thinking that a console this absurd in specs will be

>Pays thousands of dollars more for the Soap Opera Effect

Loot Boxes and F2P obviously, PC is the new mobile gaming

it'll be gimped from the off the shelf parts, bro
probably around 600 or 700 bucks

Aside from Bloodborne and Days Gone at launch, the rest run solid with next to no dips during 99.9999% of the entire game and have graphics way beyond its contemporaries.

Attached: 1546773888735.jpg (951x1023, 255K)

It basically is due to the Wattage. No way could a PS5 that is small run with FULL computer parts and run exactly like a high end PC. Its just marketing jargon and PR speak.

> I have looked in every comparison video for drastic differences and there is very minimal difference except the Graphics Card
If you look at actually CPU bound games like GTA5 or BF/CoD you can see the gap between something like a 4th gen i7 and 8/9th gen i7 is HUGE. You're talking about 110 vs 160-180fps.
Go on, go and play BF1 with 4c4t. Wanna know what'll happen? 45fps. Drops into the 30s. You might get 50 or 60 once in a while, but it's gonna be messy most of the time. I've played BF1 with my 4460 and when I got my 1230 v3 I made a comparison between 4c4t and hyperthreading enabled. HT doubles your frame rate in BF1/V if you're on only 4 cores.
>They are a shortcut for those who are poor and do not want to bother putting everything together and would like to swap out the parts.
If someone is poor then performance/price is the most important thing. Up to 2018 office PCs were fine, but I wouldn't advise anyone doing that in 2019. Going forward it's not gonna be pretty.

As a rule of thumb it feels like I need to launch a game three times before I can play it and immerse into it without having to worry about x or y. Sometimes it's a resolution issue, DPI scaling kind of things, sometimes I forgot to turn on the controller and the game won't recognize it if you haven't done it before launching the game, sometimes it's the audio, if I didn't think of switching to my headset I need to quit the game with certain games. It can be bugs, nowadays most games don't release in their final form and have constant patches, users have to suffer through bugs in return, even for non early access games.

Although I've noticed that it's slowly invading some console games too.

Dang, are those Uncharted 4 screenshots or something? If so, that's impressive.

The #1 value proposition of PC is that you aren't beholden to what companies say you can or can't do. Piracy lets you steal games from companies you hate and steal unfairly priced DLC. Mods let you uncensor SJW devs or fix gameplay issues. Cheatengine lets you skip tedious grinding and ignore bad game design. Emulation lets you play everything instead of having brand loyalty. You can use any controller or any peripheral by installing the appropriate driver.

Locked down DRM hardware just makes you feel cucked as a consumer, it feels like you have to follow the rules that game companies set out.

?
Well duh.

Same way it did when the ps2, ps3, ps4 hit the market...

>If you look at actually CPU bound games like GTA5 or BF/CoD you can see the gap between something like a 4th gen i7 and 8/9th gen i7 is HUGE. You're talking about 110 vs 160-180fps
Do you think casualfags are going to care about this? We are talking about people who could barely notice the difference between 60fps and 30fps. It is solid truth for those who can afford parts and care about paying the prices.
>If someone is poor then performance/price is the most important thing. Up to 2018 office PCs were fine, but I wouldn't advise anyone doing that in 2019. Going forward it's not gonna be pretty.
I would wait next year. Its just one of those growing pains.

I literally own the PS4 Pro, One X and a PC with a 1060. Are you stupid?

You dig deeply enough you'll stumble upon some older software and games that are incredibly hard if not impossible to have run on newer versions of Windows and/or newer hardware in general. Diehard console fanboys will cite them often when backwards compatibility is brought up.

Consoles are a dying market and both MS and Nintendo are putting their eggs into other baskets like Nintendo is officially competing in the mobile market now and MS even though they still produce consoles are investing in their Windows ecosystem for gaming because that's where the money is (PC gaming and mobile gaming). Hell in ubisoft's latest financials it showed they made the most money from PC gamers. If Sony doesn't adjust to the shifting market where people want to enjoy their content wherever they are on whatever platform they want, its sony that will be fighting to stay relevant not PC gaming. PC gaming already accommodates for those people. The age of the traditional home console is coming to an end.

based

that is uncharted right?
because your showcase is pretty poor
the lighting is prebaked it looks good but it is by no means impressive or even technologically advanced

Yep, this is cope.

Attached: 1556281070368.webm (960x300, 957K)

>just pay snoyjews to use your own internet connection!
>just buy games for 75$!
console gaming was never cheaper than PC gaming

>PC is literally the most profitable platform for multiplatform publisher like Ubisoft

>scaling issues
1440p/4k?
>controller
Yikes
Normalfags can go play on Shitbox 4. Anyone playing on PC should know what they're doing and what their system is capable of.
You're saying a 1060 is outclassed by a One X when that's not true. I think there's a single game (RAGE2?) where the One X delivers better performance than a similar priced PC.
youtu.be/RnGQFCXxVCU
>hurdur $500 and not $400
youtu.be/e3cH1H3aK8Q
Also why the fuck would you own a Pro, One X AND PC?? The Pro's shit compared to One X and every XBox game is available on Windows 10.

PC garbage can't even compete with PS4.
PS5 will only make that shitty, overpriced hardware with shitty graphics and no game even more irrelevant.
The only time people are talking about pc is when it has console port released on it after 6 months.

Attached: hits pipe.jpg (3840x2160, 946K)

posts another game with prebaked lighting, which still isnt impressive.

>being poor
I don't compromise when it comes to my gaming. That is also why I don't buy PC, Xbox or Nintendo shit.
tsk tsk I am based

>there is a single game

imagine bringing down your entire arguement with one line

>1 developer makes 1 game out of 2500 run better on console
What are exceptions to the rule and did you miss the part where I said "I think"?

Show me this 2-300 dollar Pc that outclasses it. Consoles are an easy, cheap way to play games. PCs are better otherwise. It’s a completely reasonable argument in their favor.

>let's hope we get pc port
PC gaming ever since console conception.

>cheap

which is why you have to pay to play online

>PC is eternal.
PC is irrelevant.

I’ve paid a sum total of $60 for PSN over the past few years and I straight up just don’t pay for gamepass it Xbox live because of Microsoft rewards so your point is moot

If true, it will be minimum 4000 USD. That includes the built in hit Sony takes per console sale

>Driveclub
>Prebaked lighting
Oh the cope keeps on SEETHING

absolutely based

Attached: muniger.jpg (680x447, 26K)

By achieving 60 fps consistently
>muh 120 fps at 4k
Consoleshit have NEVER delivered on their snake oil promises, enjoy your upscaled 720p at 25 fps.

I clearly stated, multiple times, that a used $400ish PC can keep up (4k) and outclass (at 1080p) a Shitbox One X. New? Forget it. You could build something used for maybe $250 with a 970 for $55-70, but it's not gonna be as good as a 1060 or 570 when it comes to 4k.
The only time I'd blindly recommend a console over PC is if A. someone doesn't care about how the games look/play or B. if they wanna play CoD/BF.

>creepy wanker buying me free games on PC
vs
>Sony basically gifting me a $4000 console
Tough choices.

it isnt? could explain why a racing game runs with 30 fps though

forza horizon 4 looks better anyway

>graphics
The best looking game are console exclusives, which are years ahead of anything you will ever see on PC.

A 1060 doesn’t do 4K at all. Games pretty consistently run worse too. Using some used parts my 1060/2700x PC cost me around $700 to build and it’s very much a mid-low range Pc. It’s a little older at this point but still very good. Multiplayer generally do look and run better on the One X compared to a 1060 PC specifically and the 1060 PC will cost a lot more. Brand new the One X can routinely be had for 2-300.

You guys realize consoles basically use refitted PC hardware right? They don't use magic components, they have the same manufacturers as PC and thus the same technical limitations. For enthusiast performance PC will always be superior because consoles are built to be affordable to the average consumer.

post settings for persona 5 tried playing 60fps and cpu wouldnt go below 90 degrees

It doesn't.

Attached: 1560948662120.webm (900x507, 1.53M)

i believe you are confusing art style and graphics because i dont want to believe someone is this retarded

Pc is highly customizable, anyone who isn't an idiot will figure out how to play it anyway, also emulators

EA sells more fifa games every year than PC sales from all games combined.
PC is shitty trash with little to no sales potential.
PC is home platform for f2p trash.
PC is equivalent of mobile gaming.

>PSS

Attached: 1523688310086.jpg (387x337, 45K)

it really does and on top fo that it reaches 4k and 60 fps.

what am i supposed to see in you webms anyway? they are full of artifacts

>Crysis 1 vs 7th gen games
>Crysis 2-3 vs 8th gen games
I rest my case
???
A 1060 will do 4k the same way a One X does. Newer games at 4k30 on medium-high and pre-2015 games you can just almost all play at 4k60 high/max.
> Using some used parts my 1060/2700x PC cost me around $700 to build and it’s very much a mid-low range Pc
>mid-low range
The average gaming PC has a 750 ti or worse in it bucko.
> One X compared to a 1060 PC specifically and the 1060 PC will cost a lot more. Brand new the One X can routinely be had for 2-300
No? Are you just baiting or autistic? They'll run the same at 4k with the PC being way better for 1080p compared to a One X and you cannot find a One X anywhere close to 250. They go for even $350 used.
youtu.be/z71NsC8T2ds

Imagine shilling driveclub in an attempt to defend Sony or Playstation when Sony cancelled further developments to the game, completely turned off all the servers and literally shut down the studio who made it all in the same gen the game came out in. At least on PC people would have been able to host private servers if they wanted to continue playing and give the game an extended life by fan made patches if they wanted to. All this proves is Sony are scummy as fuck and console exclusives are cancerous as fuck.

>emulation
PC library is so shitty that it has to rely on old console games.

You're forgetting that consoles don't let you change graphics settings, which misrepresents the framerate benchmarks comparison.

Literally on the Microsoft store a week ago they were $330. They go one sale constantly

Just take the L and be quiet before you embarrass yourself even more.

>l-look how great console games are! I am gonna buy this SNES mini
>n-no! WTF, why do you have to rely on shitty consoles games to make up for no PC exclusives??

Attached: 269-2693354_bruh-suha-dkjbaskjhdb-aljkbsflj-abjkl-fsn-scp-secret.jpg (840x789, 179K)

$330 then. With a year of XBL you're looking at nearly $400, same price you can build/buy a used PC for that'll perform the same at 4k and outperform it by MILES at 1080p.

Facts show xbox actually is

ft.com/content/3a3419f4-78b1-11e9-be7d-6d846537acab

Crisis looks like ass compared to modern games. They’re old games and you’re comparing them to old console hardware. At a time when you could get. A 360 for around a hundred. No one is denying that PCs are more powerful you jackass. Just that a better PC costs substantially more

>do you have brain damage
>posts png as jpg
Okay, retard

Subpar graphics at 4k60 doesn't automatically look better. Also, Forza horizon 4 literally uses prebaked lighting.
If they are full of artifacts why are you so ready to slander the games as not as good looking and criticize them? You shouldn't be able to see it.

Attached: 1537379583493.png (1151x1795, 2.36M)

When those features got announced there were two words that got overlooked by the gushing fanboys. "Capable" and "Compatible".

What you have to take away from this is first, Sony didn't say that the PS5 can do them all at the same time nor that it can do it consistently: just that they CAN do them under certain situations. If I set certain games to Unlimited Framerate my PC CAN hit 400+ FPS on certain games if I go to an area with low graphical detail and zoom the camera in a bunch. Technically that would say my PC is capable 400+ FPS by the same logic. Also, "Capable" just means the hardware can do it to some extent: it means nothing on how well it can do it. You can get a GeForce GT 710, a video card from six and a half years ago for 65 dollars that can output 3840x2160. That too would be 4K "Capable".

Also, I'm an Idort that has owned every version of Playstation including the PS4 Pro so don't bother with the "SEETHING" and "COPE", I'll be getting a PS5 most likely while maintaining a PC better than it. I just like having options and knowing what I spend my money on and not becoming a frothing, brand loyal dipshit.

FPBP. PC has 144hz and 240hz. PS5 will be sub-30 FPS so it's not even close

Attached: 1492734300429.gif (300x297, 965K)

>Crysis 1 vs 7th gen games
Reading comprehension?
There isn't a single game that looks overall better than Crysis1 and then for next gen you have the third game to compare to.

>If PC is so good, why's there no PC2???
There is. It's called Mac and is miles ahead of PC.
Mac for work.
Console for gaming.
PC for garbage.

*btfos entire hardware based video game market*

Stadia master race

Attached: Cs27bXBGecHazmPcY5R3HX.jpg (1920x1080, 96K)

console library is so shitty you have to rely on lauding the same 5 games around

sonys only competitor is microsoft, and they are dominating
pc is irrelevant

240hz is snake oil and even for just 120hz you spend 200% to gain 50%. High refresh rates are the biggest meme around and not worth it at all, especially not past 165hz.
It's most likely just autists like you who only play esports garbage or older games. Guess what, my PC can run any older game at 144fps. For new games it makes no sense.

t. Dobson

>ps4 still has no games
>ps5 around the corner

Attached: 1563670988120.png (191x201, 80K)

yeah bro it is not like I cant look my own material up

I am not sure on what level of cope you are that you think 4k60fps is not a major dealbreaker on how the game looks and performs on top of that in a racing game. you should get with the times microsoft has beaten sony in the graphics department for a while now.

here to prove my point

youtube.com/watch?v=ReDDgFfWlS4

>240hz is snake oil
lol. If you're into competitive games it's a must.

Except sony said the exact opposite

gamasutra.com/view/news/281048/Andrew_House_PS4s_main_competitor_isnt_the_Xbox_its_the_PC.php

>Consoles are a dying market
Says pc fat who has to crowd-fund devs in order for them to release game on his dead trash, otherwise referred as pc.

You literally can't even actively discern frames above 150-180fps. The actual advantage you get from 6.4-8ms vs 4ms is 0. You could literally just get a 165hz monitor and uncap your frame rate. it'll feel and look the same.
You CS:GO/etc faggots think buying a super expensive and higher hz screen will turn you into gods when any just somewhat better player will kick your ass on a 60hz screen. Completely delusional.

>pc users are so behind in graphics department that they think this is 'pre-baked'

as always fpbp
already doing 1080/60 fps in the PS3 era

Technically speaking,we're on PC4 or so.
PC1 was the 8/16bit mess that was the original IBM PC, ISA buses, 4 color video chips and all that mess.
PC2 was the jump to the 32bit era with the 386, 256 color displays, mouse by standard, FM audio..
PC3 is the complete overhaul intel did with the pentium. much better card support with PCI, CPUs with floating point performance and super scalar execution, 3D acceleration, complete change to graphical environments.

PC4 is another complete overhaul, where we basically replace all the standards by two differential signaling serial connections, USB and PCI-E. this not only simplify the PC hardware, but makes it a lot more flexible and faster. Its the generation where all the peripherals use the same standard connection, and everything inside the PC talk the same language.

Mac is just a shitty PC4 that overheats and have a gay bios.

eeeeewww!

Attached: 1560279542671.jpg (299x313, 15K)

>That redd*t spacing
It isn't a major deal breaker because I use a 1080p screen. A proper checkerboard rendering solution at 4k looks the same as native 4k on a 1080p screen.
>Flight simulator
This is a whole other level of cope. Who gives a shit about an unreleased game.

Attached: 1552745066718.jpg (3840x2160, 2.16M)

wrong

yeah i got it wrong I cant see shit in that webm
what are you going to do about the fact that it runs at 30 fps because of that?

>You literally can't even actively discern frames above 150-180fps
Just stop posting. Seriously.

Attached: 1520086966690.jpg (634x912, 108K)

Man, I really wanna play DC. I hate how sony keeps killing all its racing game studios wipeout dieing deeply saddened me. DC looks pretty amazing.

Why dont emucucks know what disc burning is? Are they all underage?

You can't lol. read up on it. You can't actively discern between single frames past 150-180fps. The human eye can capture up to roughly 1000 "fps", but you can't discern them past a certain point.
A better player who has a 60hz screen will always beat someone who's worse and on a 240hz monitor.

Sony are wrong? Go and tell them then.

They just remastered the entire series for PSVR tho. Looks great.

Casuals like you can't tell a difference, that's true.

fp bp

Just buy a new GPU nigger

I believe you confuse graphics with actual graphics(only available on consoles).

Attached: not possible on pc.jpg (1920x1080, 1.38M)

Oh hey, I haven't seen these tiny Driveclub webms in awhile.
Meanwhile, what the game actually looks like.

Attached: 1455526881496.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

There is literally an emulator for everything, what are you smoking ?

at this point I've lost track of how many times consolefags have moved the "human eye can't see more than X fps" goalposts

based

Attached: 1537649732403.webm (954x536, 2.95M)

Disc burning is a load of shit, any console old enough to require it is gonna start experiencing drive failures by now and that'll be accelerated by using burned media

>casuals
>I'm a PRO gamer, trust me
Nah senpai, it's not about that. 240hz is snake oil and does nothing for you. If you wanna ever test it feel free to provide me with a 165hz and 240hz screen and let's test it ourselves. Let's see if you can get it right every time. 240fps on 165hz vs 240fps on 240hz.

This. Simple.

If you're lucky, its just the belt that will rot.

Oh I didn't know the game was actually stills.
>He can't post a webm because the game looks too good while you are actually playing he has to cherrypick compressed images
I cannot believe the amount of cope and seethe I am witnessing with this post.

>lauding the same 5 games around
In 20 years you will be emulating those game since pc won't have anything worth playing.

yeah keep ignoring the fact that your games run at 30 fps which is unacceptable.

is there something impressive about that screenshot of hzd? why is it such a blurry mess all you can do is post some blurry ass mess

>thinking this is actual gameplay

how can you be this retarded

quora.com/What-is-the-highest-frame-rate-fps-that-can-be-recognized-by-human-perception-At-what-rate-do-we-essentially-stop-noticing-the-difference
>Although the human eye and brain can interpret up to 1000 frames per second, someone sitting in a chair and actively guessing at how high a framerate is can, on average, interpet up to about 150 frames per second.
Fighter pilots who need very quick reflexes can discern frames up to around 180fps.
You cannot see 240hz and actively gain anything from it while playing bideo gaems.

Oh, I'm sorry, does the game render in 960x300 or 1920x1080?

Attached: 1447782067108.png (1920x1080, 3.08M)

Not really. Still using my chipped ps1 from 1997. Doesn't even stutter during fmv's. Not like these things aren't dirt cheap and abundant in the tens of milliona anyway.

Attached: 5D24C5E9-0393-4337-9E21-F05C90E3EDC4.jpg (247x204, 7K)

COPE AND SEETHE
>Game she tells you not to worry about vs you

Attached: 1552763488242.jpg (3824x4320, 1.94M)

nice

Attached: 1537419651186.jpg (1228x1228, 184K)

What is the most surprising is driveclub is track racer i.e. it's not open world yet the graphics are inferior to forza which is a big open world game and it was designed for weaker hardware (xb1) yet still looks better than this. Playground games are an extremely talented studio they're the only xbox dev to achieve 90+ metacritic scores this gen from xbox iirc. I've been playing the shit out of it on gamepass PC and it's the 2nd best racing game I've ever played behind underground 2. I can only dream of playground games making an underground 2 remake.

also another game with prebaked indirect lighting
sure is impressive around here post metro exodus when you want to see groundbreaking lighting

They killed the studio though. The port is great, but we're not getting new ones or more content now.

I've already lost a bunch of consoles to drive failure, mechanical parts and lasers are prone to failing.

>boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/jKSXVWwUugSQG1pgREGhKA/
Cringe and cope

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/FlbhZX-jTnTO3go7Haj-pQ/
Oh my, looks like the Sonyfag's a giant shitposter.
What a surprise.

you still keep posting 30fps games

Wow, a quora.com answer from a college student studying a subject unrelated to the matter at hand and no sources cited. Truly this is the pinnacle of scientific proof.

I can easily tell the difference

>using quora as a source

Okay, replace or fix them then. That or be a casual and settle for inferior convenience.

that AF
fuck I almost forgot that the ps4 cant into AF
is this seriously all sonyfags can do?

>he thinks it isn't ps4 footage
PC user detected. You can in some way experience console graphics. Just type 'the best looking games' on your useless hardware and watch some amazing graphics on youtube

at least try to make it a little less obvious that you googled how much fps can humans see then posted the first link as a source

wtf ?
where's the shitty draw distance
calling fake, ngl.

>this is ps4 title
Fuck. PS5 wil literally obliterate pc.
I can't believe that there are people out there wasting money on overpriced pc when 200$ shits on it visually.

>2x AF

Fucking christ

Metro may have nice lighting but everything else is cringe.
>20 different filenames
>y-you're the same guy!
I don't need to post anything else because they have the best graphics and gameplay available to the industry.
Doesn't matter how much you try to damage control.
Just because you don't have any games at this quality level doesn't mean there is something wrong with these games. The only thing that matters in terms of framerate is consistency at multiples of 30.

Attached: 1553913780561.webm (1280x720, 1.69M)

We can tell you're samefagging.

imagine believing this is actual footage or your shitstation 5 will be cheaper than a pc with the same specs

Yes, because I cannot find the fucking source on the goddamn fighter pilot quote. Googling anything related to fps and the eye you get either quora or fucking battle.net/steam/reddit threads.
Again, we can test it out. Go and buy a 165hz and 240hz screen and let's see if you can get it right every time, which one's the 240hz one. You won't be able to get it right on a consistent basis. You can guess, nothing more. 240fps on either looks and feels the same.

remember Days Gone kid? Sony negros said is going blow up everything with the graphic and gamepaly, and in the end look like shit both the gameplay and the graphic. So stop eating shit

Attached: 1543668862754.png (1859x823, 480K)

get a 144hz monitor use it for a week then return to 60 and tell me if you cant tell a difference

>inb4b-but its 240hz vs 165hz

Retard

you realise that games are not a static medium and fps is a big part on how a game looks. in other words 60fps looks twice as good as 30fps
so forza looks at least twice as good as driveclub.

Who

emulation / vmware exists

i wouldnt say looks but i would say it feels better to play on 60fps

?????
Yes you fucking retard it's
>240hz vs 165hz
because that's the range you say is "good for le ebic esports" and "needed" when in reality you cannot notice the difference between the two of them.
That's like my saying "LOL you can totally notice the difference between 300 and 400 degrees C because you can feel the difference between 50 and 100C"
You're fucking autistic.

so you cant see the juddering at 30 fps?
beyond me how anybody can play a game like that

>imagine being this retarded
Driveclub shits visually on any driving game to date. It's amazing that ps4 title released 5 ago still looks the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_O1fkq7j8

Pc gaming hasn't been relevant since the PS3 hit, it took them 5 years to catch up to the cell processor.

Same as every gen so far. For 1 year consoles will be better than the average PC and then PC will be better than consoles for the next 6-7 years.
But it does not really matter, since switch is only console worth buying and it will get a perfect emulator in next two or so years.

nothing is on the level of forza. fact.
which is why i have no reason to buy a ps5.

Attached: Forza Horizon 4 17_07_2019 4_32_31 PM.png (1920x1080, 3.85M)

when the fuck did i ever mention e sports you retard when i said that i meant if you used 240hz for a week and got back to 165hz anyone could tell the difference

Both shit solutions that skirt the issue

I don't remember that at all. Graphically it is still way beyond its contemporaries.

Attached: 1541823041399.jpg (1080x1920, 463K)

Are playstation fans not worried about the direction sony is taking the platform for their first party exclusives? Third person over the shoulder "cinematic" experiences with heavy handed political themes and simplistic gameplay that's meant to look cool instead of being fun to play, not to mention the track record of sexual censorship.

>rain
why don't you show ALL conditions, noob.
oh wait because they look like shit

it took sony and their ICE team 5 years to catch up to the performance of the 360 but even then the ps3 graphics were worse because of the shit GPU. the 360 processor was the cell without the garbage which made it hard to code for and multiplied by 3 (tri-core).

They don't play on pc where they still haven't solved frame pacing issues.

isnt that a frame from pc why is there a gpu usage bar

oh no the rains looks good now it doesnt matter that a fucking racing game runs at 30 fps

see Again no. You cannot notice the difference between the 2. That's all placebo you dumb cunt.

>Moving the goal post

They only play those type of games so they don't care

>placebo

Attached: 1535136533714.jpg (300x313, 30K)

Id like to know where this magical Xbox One X killer PC is, or is this you talking out of your ass.

>60fps looks twice as good as 30fps
LMAO!!!!
30fps doesn't judder unless your screen is a piece of shit or the game has terrible rendering that makes it look juddery. Some games benefit greatly from 60fps especially those games that require extreme precision and reflexes. But everything else is perfectly playable and wholly enjoyable at 30fps. That is why the greater industry at large accepts it.
If 60fps was literally twice as good then everyone would be going for 60fps. But you are wrong as always.

Attached: 1560516382106.webm (650x364, 2.9M)

thats literally taken from pc there is a framerate and gpu usage counter

>it's a multiplat machine. Nobody looks to PC for new games.

How does that work when most fucking games are multiplats nowadays?

Attached: 1508345970366.png (441x636, 390K)

how is that? the whole point is its an open platform so shit like that is possible. You think the PS4 runs stuff like castlevania collection natively? Or ps3 runs ps1 games natively? emulation is used on all platforms for BC at some point, but on PC you can hack it until it works, console you are at the mercy of a company ALLOWing you to play their precious shite. When I say PC i just mean any open platform, so could even be a CFW console, r pie, phones to some degree, etc

what

Attached: Forza Horizon 4 08_07_2019 6_23_51 PM.jpg (1920x1080, 3.24M)

Ray tracing audio means that sound is reflected/blocked by obstacles. So basically hardware support for echo.

Zelda is playable, HZD is the worst game I've ever played and Uncharted is mediocre + you can experience 90% of it on YouTube. Try again

>You cannot notice the difference between the 2

Attached: 1553003615732.png (232x94, 29K)

yeah and? one less reason to own a ps5 when all the games i want to play are coming to pc.

Moving the goal posts is boasting 40 years of backwards compatibility and then when told issues pointing to a poor solution that is deliberately not backwards compatibility.

That post is truth. I can barely bring myself to play or finish the majority of newer games. However, I've been really enjoying and exploring games from 6th and before. I recently found my old copy of Mario Sunshine and I had never gotten past that first world with the Piranha Plant. I booted it up just to give it a try for old times sake, not expecting to seriously play it or anything. I kinda ended up playing it non stop for 8 hours overnight. It just feels so good to play, I can't describe why I became obsessed with it. I just can't wait to play more.

I didn't even enjoy Odyssey this much. Found that game incredibly underwhelming and forgettable. I think it was the lack of challenge, which I actually encountered plenty in Sunshine.

Emulation is never better than the real thing is the point. A real ps1 is better than a ps4 compilation with some ps1 game on it. Quit settling for inferior solutions because they're "open" you nodev faggot.

lowres textures on the main character

>beyond its contemporaries.

Because it is.
>le funny reaction pic
Holy shit your techlets are fucking retarded.
??? I literally linked 2 fucking videos earlier. Go and search for them in this thread you braindead faggot. RandomGayEnglishMan compared his old PC to a One X, at 4k and some dynamic resolutions (where it applies for console too). They performed the same. And as for 1080p performance, I probably don't have to actually prove to you that it'll play the X out of the water. There's barely any games with boost modes and even those that have it won't have a locked 60 in otherwise 30fps games. A 1060 or even just RX 570 will get you 60fps at the minimum on every game released until now.
>b-but bu
Yes you fucking retard, some exceptions apply. WIldlands 1 max settings? Not doable. Mirror's Edge ultra nigger setting? Pointless and will choke the 3Gb variant. Unoptimized console port #20 at ultra? No.

>trained figher pilots can discern single frames up to 180fps
>I can discern 165 from 240 while the general public's range ends at often 150.
Again, PM me your contact info and we can meet and try it out. Go and buy 2 screens or let's downclock the 240hz monitor for severla tests.

imagine thinking playstation 5 will be relevant when not even playstation 4 is more relevant than xbox right now, that's literally a next-gen cope lmao

>confirmed
Nothing is confirmed until it's released and benchmarked on actual games.

30 fps looks like shit, you are literally delusional. Try emulating 30 fps games on 60 fps and compare.

You just keep saying dumber and dumber things. It's entertaining.

>confirmed
doubt.jpg

>XD
Keep seething retarded techlet. You're literally spending money on shit you can't even use properly and then think you're a big shot once in a while when you aren;t getting stomped on in games.

so why was the ps4 advertised as a 60fps machine and even naughtydog the gods of graphics in vidya wanted to create a 60fps game? you are dense if you think that 60fps just feels better, no it also looks better

Kek it's the SAME fucking question every gen.

Fun fact, the trick shown in the webm you posted was done in starfox adventures back in 2002, a game originally developed for the n64. There's probably older examples but it's what came to mind first.

also, not him but low framerate and judder are two separate issues that should both be ironed out.
Low framerate is inherently bad.
Bad framepacing is inherently bad.
Two wrongs doesn't make one right. Consistent 60 fps is absolutely twice as good as consistent 30 fps. Even consoles are starting to accept it as a standard, or at least an alternative with the Pro consoles, so no need to defend 30fps (slideshow) anymore.

So what exactly is BC to you? Xbox has never had BC in that case, PS4, 3, 2 haven't either (except the PS2 BC original PS3's).
So my 3.5 mm headphones aren't compatible with 1/4 inch jacks because I have to use an adapter? lol

it makes sense when you realize console fags have had so little of all of those so they dont understand how unrealistic it is to hit all those marks while having something price below a thousand

Having a 1070 GTX already puts you ahead of a PS5..

Attached: 1563599840702.jpg (1024x880, 79K)

>trained figher pilots can discern single frames up to 180fps
see previous image
>PM me
And there it is. Go back to whatever underage haven website you crawled out of.

>he thinks consoles have good frame pacing
this is your brain on snoy

If they make the base 9th gen consoles similar to current Pro/X yes, otherwise you're on par or behind. A 1070 is gonna beat an X by 30%, same amount as a 1060.

>lol show me sauce boss
Again I told you, sorry that google on shows me garbage I am not interested in. If you really believe you can notice the difference I told you to PM me and get it over with.

Insurgency Sandstorm does this basically without hardware though?

tfw when you claim bullshit you cant follow up on and then resort to shitty insults

I see 2 PS4 games? Am I right?

pretty sure metal gear solid 2 had that feature

100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm
There 1 frame out of 220. And it's a trained pilot who relies on reflexes. Do you think you average day faggot NEET is gonna top that and easily get full use out of a 240hz screen??

i see 4

Bloodborne Ratchet and what other 2?

Easily because I'm not a casual like you

uncharted 4 and fist of the north star

isnt bad framepacing due to fluctuating frametimes?

Weird cope but ok.

Attached: 1489856768936.jpg (960x684, 84K)

Yes, that is an accurate summary of what you have done so far.

>*reaches for some MTN DEW with his cheeto dust covered fingers*
>"You see user.. *gurgle sounds* *throws empty bottle in pissbottle pile*, I am a real gamer unlike you casual who plays his Cawadooty and FarmVille *burps*'

werent you the one that wanted to compare 240hz and 165hz side by side irl

>Smartphones tablets 38%
Kill myself.

>MAC
fake image

this

Do Yea Forumstards think the nips will give 3000$ hardware for 300$? Are they dumb? You get what you pay for.
If you're a poorfag get a console. If you want more than 30 fps and good looking graphics get a PC

You are very dedicated to the art of making a fool of yourself, I'll give you that.

Not an argument
pic related. He found your camp.

Attached: 1546683065916.jpg (3840x2160, 1.1M)

Like it or not if you can't even tell the difference you are a casual

For some reason MAC always gets to piggyback on PC's doings.

>Switch 3%
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME

Attached: soy.jpg (284x241, 19K)

Attached: 1555887829618.gif (303x277, 1.77M)

>source
>4.500 indie devs that release shovel ware after shovel ware
Those people, just like pc, are irrelevant.
Only AAA games matter, and those games primary made for console. That why you get shitty, outsourced, delayed port after 6 months from initial release.

>even a fighter pilot struggles beyond 220fps
>but user and his lardass can do it

By having cunny games with cute and funny characters

Attached: DBFE18F8-D624-4FB8-9C9F-7D44E9BF8DD5.jpg (800x1200, 59K)

>Only AAA games matter

>they're all just shitty simulacra of the superior PC versions on console

Attached: 1517315349353.jpg (646x687, 69K)

and Yakuza 6*****

>implying every single pc vs console discussion doesn't devolve into the exact 4 or 5 arguments every time

No. That was you, here:

2019 version is a bit different. Not sure why but it is.

Attached: chartoftheday_4527_game_developers_platform_preferences_n.jpg (960x684, 197K)

Bro, I told you to PM me already.
Put your email into the "name" section and my post number into the "Options" tab.
Post = Send mail

Because they prioritized physics and interaction and scale. Over superficial 60fps shit that almost no one but turbo autists care about.
>Fun fact, the trick shown in the webm you posted was done in starfox adventures back in 2002, a game originally developed for the n64. There's probably older examples but it's what came to mind first.
Fun fact: That isn't true at all. This is a point cloud based voxel engine with 0 polygons in the entire game. Why lie?
Fucking cope.
>Low framerate is inherently bad.
What constitutes low framerate?
>Two wrongs doesn't make one right.
Who made that claim? Like seriously who are you talki- nvm you won't respond to this point anyway because you can't dispute it. Lmao.
>Consistent 60 fps is absolutely twice as good as consistent 30 fps.
It absolutely isn't. No one except turbo autists cares about 60fps. Most (vast vast vast majority) people enjoy the fuck out of 30fps games and there is nothing you can do about it.

get fucked faggot

Attached: git fucked anon.jpg (390x98, 7K)

Nice cope, casual

Yes, that's emulation, the latter is adaption.

AR shit in front of MAC. THAT'S SAD

Same way it always did.

Same way it always didn't.

Are you OKAY?
have sex

there are entire videogame genres that are completely exclusive to pc, and others that are almost exclusive to pc except for some pathetic excuse of a try to make a console verson of a genre that obviously doesn't work on console
see: halo wars
also implying that the catalog of exclusives on pc doesn't tenfold that of any console

fpbp

>listing them by most interested in to gain an advantage
Clearly chart made by a nintendie lol. It went from last to third from last great.

No one should be using a mac for gaming. They're great machines for productivity and that's all they should be used for.

Stop fanboying you look retarded

Attached: 450.png (360x450, 119K)

>old console game
>servers get shut down
>old console
>support ends and no new software
>old console
>hardware rots and dies

PC just keeps iterating on itself and getting better. I can play 40 years of vidya on one box plus emulate 30-35 years of console vidya.

So not only is PC gaming better because it has way more choices, it also saves console gaming's history with emulators.

I can't imagine how you think paying twice for your internet on a 5 year timebox with inferior performance is a good deal.

I do like my Switch, but it's definitely getting hacked in a couple years. NES Online is a scam.

Attached: 1543169610363.jpg (338x508, 39K)

Wow, you sure owned me by showing that you are stupid enough that you mistook me for someone arguing for the opposite side from me.

Except Apple is using highly overpriced hardware instead of going for "consumer" grade stuff that's in reality just as good.
Hackintosh or nothing, really.

well no, all sound produced by speakers and headphones is emulation, when will they make literal 3d flesh and bone singers that pop out of my pc to sing?

How many of those genres are good and not autistic?

> How does PC gaming plan to stay relevant when the PlayStation 3 hits the market?
> How does PC gaming plan to stay relevant when the PlayStation 4 hits the market?

Literally the same thing as befero

Attached: kingsta.png (500x500, 207K)

Gitgud

This post reads like a kindergartener describing why his dad is the strongest in the world

This post reads like asspained user is asspained.

Attached: 1523883857442.jpg (380x385, 9K)

Ports, hardware gimmicks and flash games?

why are pc users trying to say that they are superior with there 1060 3gb graphics card

Literally retarded

Your dad isn't the strongest, and your pc is shit too

Attached: aaff3f9514f23cc2e202be92e57b1498ed20fb5eca3c327cbcbdc2d197cd28f0.png (1000x1000, 115K)

IN CONCLUSION.
1.8 SONY TFLOPS obliterate 24 PC TFLOPS any day.
Can't wait to see what 10 Sony TFLOPS will do to em.

the same reason why console users are trying to say they are superior with their shitty custom 780 gtx graphics card

3GBs of VRAM literally don't matter.
Unless you wanna play 4k at 30-40fps you won't run into issues. Game developers aren't retarded, ROTTR will use up to 4.8GB of VRAM on the 6GB model, but on the same exact settings it'll use only 2.7 on the 3GB model. Why? Because textures will swap out sooner and/or are being automatically downgraded. If you can notice the game swapping out textures sooner or that the tree texture in the distance is actually normal and not high quality just get the 6GB model for $30 more.
>future proofing
By the time 3GB would become the bottleneck the card itself won't be able to push playable frame rates anymore anyway.

I'd be more concerned with knowing how does ps5 plan on attracting anyone.
the ps4 has been out for quite a long time, been through a major performance upgrade, and still has no games.
Console gaming is dead.

customization, can use any resolution or settings they want. any input device. can upgrade if they want to

Doesn't matter. PS4 has the best looking games. Period.

youtube.com/watch?v=blSYXMNuBfU

>and still has no games.
whats worse is that Sony openly said the PS5 will have less games

>What constitutes low framerate?
a framerate low enough for the eye to easily distinguish it from higher framerates. The human eye should always be the bottleneck in the equation. Always.
>Who made that claim?
I skimmed the text and must have misread. I thought you somewhere implied higher framerates on pc had framepacing issues.
>It absolutely isn't.
the human eye should always be the bottleneck in the equation. If you disagree, then explain yourself. It's like arguing that listening to heavily compressed music is the only way to enjoy music.

That's still better than a PS4

Half lies and choice no one really wants.

I brought statements backed by evidence, you projected about your shitty father. GG

you mean choice that you don't want, because you are a normalfag casual

What evidence? Backwards compatibility with the same version of windowa breaks from microsoft updates. You can't play 16 bit 9x games on win1064 without emulation. That's not backwards compatibility or else the wii has dos backwards compatibility. You brought marketing and propaganda straight out of leddit.

How many people want to run at sub native res?

>The human eye should always be the bottleneck in the equation. Always.
>the human eye should always be the bottleneck in the equation. If you disagree, then explain yourself.
What an arbitrary definition. The bottleneck should always be whether humans ENJOY the experience. Not whether or not you can distinguish it from other framerates. That is absolute fucking delusional horseshit.
>It's like arguing that listening to heavily compressed music is the only way to enjoy music.
No, it isn't. But it is a great analogy because music can be enjoyed whether it is a compressed 320bit MP3 (even DJ's use them for their live sets) or it is some pristine vinyl quality on the highest definition monitor speakers available to mankind.
Enjoyment is all that matters. Lofi hip-hop, for instance, wouldn't improve much from being played at way higher sound resolution.

Where can I upgrade my bottleneck so I can enjoy Persona 5 and the burger dungeon?

>he doesn't play at 480p 50% render scale stretched to 32:9
Pathetic

Go to America.

By already being able to building a machine that surpasses the hardware specs of the PS5. The calculation of price to performance will only benefit the PS5 for a couple of years.

I'm not a mustard because i know that gimmicks like that are retarded and 480p is for crt monitors.

>it can run games at 120 fps
I’m sure every living room tv has a 120hz refresh rate. That’s definitely not something they’re just saying to make their hardware sound better to bumbling retards

480p is just another resolution, bro. There's CRTs running at 1080i.

Bit of an exaggeration there. TV had a brief golden era with HBO and Netflix originals that only very recently went to shit.
And even in vidya last year was really good and over the last 10 years there were a bunch of good games.