What happened with XSEED and Yea Forums?

They were fairly popular and well liked here, now everyone just shits on them for some reason.

Attached: xseed-logo.png (2735x1601, 606K)

xsneed

Xsneed
Formerly Xchuck

Biggest dub ever

Haha... I wonder why...

I was about to give you a real answer but fuck it I'm just going to go with these guys
Formerly Xchuck

Akiba happened

BIGGEST
XSNEED
EVER

H A H A

A

H

A

I don't dislike them. That being said it feels like the quality of games they are localizing has dropped. That is more of an indictment of Marvelous than it is xseed though. Perhaps they will recover a bit with the upcoming Rune Factory games.

Ok, this might be one of the best Yea Forums thread ever!

this! so much this!

Attached: 1563709888885.png (3336x1600, 640K)

Doubt it with the manpower and lack of care about censorship they have left, they'll probably be stuck doing trashy Senran Kagura games after Rune Factory if they don't go bankrupt soon.

Attached: 1563524462208m.jpg (316x1024, 60K)

Haha, that's our Xseed for you...

I like them. They should probably relax with the overpriced DLC though.

They fucked up royally in akiba trip (biggest gamble in the company's history), and lost licensing to other companies, who proceeded to acquire japanese voice acting. Xseed often couldn't (or didn't) get the rights and a lot of fucking people care about that.

People pretending to like them because they had the idea in their heads that Hatsuu might want to go out with them if they did.

my fav game was Gucci Loafers Farm

They fired all relevant people because of political reason, lost the sky series to NISA and haven't really be doing anything interesting recently

They're a former shell of what they once stood for. I can only hope that Tom's enjoying his time in Japan.

They localize 10:1 shit games to games I want while their social media shills and fanbase justify the purchase of product I don't want as support for the company so they can get to games I would actually desire to play.
Once they finally get the rights to a title I'm interested post JP release they then a minimum of a year inserting overly loquacious translations which the fanbase laps up even though there's no discernible quality difference between them and competitors.
TL;DR
>slow
>mostly shit games
>grating localization
>stupid mouthy employees
>autistic fanbase

>BIGGEST DUB EVER
>skipped Crossbell
their biggest mistakes, the second fucked the Kiseki continuity in the west even

Shitty fanfic-tier (((localizations))), edited by a female otome-consuming maniac

Because people are finally seeing that you shouldnt be translating "..." into 3 paragraphs of shit out some trannies ass

They were praised by retards because they added a lot of "character" to the writing but now people are understanding that they want to see what a games writing is on its own without some other fuck inserting their OC's in background NPC's. The writer of the game is "Hisayoshi Takeiri" And I wanna see his work not someone elses.

Some context? This is pretty interesting I wasnt aware they fired people for reasons like that. You got examples and/or pics?

They skipped Crossbell because Trails in general wasn't some high priority franchise for them back when it was localized on the PSP. FC came out in the west just a few months before Ao happened. There's no way they would have been able to catch up in time. Better yet, FC PSP sold like ass and had the series put on the backburner in favor of Ys and other non-Falcom titles.

That user's full of shit. Hatsuu got laid off and people like Nick Colucci and Tom Lipschultz quit on their own.

Attached: xsneedtranslations.jpg (1709x388, 266K)

is that rice goddess game still in development?

yes i think it might be out sometime this year though

wow its still not out?

Massive series of bad moves and shitty luck that basically made them irrelevant within the span of a year. Tried to get too big and please the wrong people that made customers and employees disinterested.

The biggest issue was just them gambling on a new game in a moderately successful IP before it even released in Japan and ended up being a flop there because it was too different from past entries. XSEED had already spent the entire company's worth localizing it so they were screwed.

There was a period they localized some amazing niche games and I was all on board. Cool employees who were transparent about things, even if some things were stupid. I think Marvelous buying them might have screwed them over in the long run.

Attached: 1553911648387.png (1204x1080, 1.32M)

They lost a shit ton of goodwill with the social justice pandering and Tom leaving.

1. Their main translator quit, and one of the biggest connections to Yea Forums was fired shortly afterwards
2. The director of Senran Kagura quit the parent company along with the main artist
3. XSeeD, which once stood defiantly against censorship, bowed before Sony's new puritan stance
4. They lost the Falcom license to their largest competitor

BIGGEST XSNEED (FORMERLY XCHUCK) BIG

HAHA...

I can't tell if it's a deliberate troll or a genuinely clueless kid but it's hilarious

Haha.

NISA shills.

ah yes let me break out my magnifying glass to read this fucking image

based 14 year old kid btfoing xseed (formerly xchuck)

Doesn't look like they're going to translate any more of Falcom's back catalog, thus I have no reason to care about them unless I start caring about Senran Kagura kusoge again.