Which game deserved its 97 more?

Which game deserved its 97 more?

Attached: Super-Mario-Odyssey-vs-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Nintendo-Switch-review-874221.jpg (590x350, 76K)

Probably BOTW, even though i liked mario oddysey more

Hard to tell. Odyssey is more polished and fun but piss easy and nothing special. BotW is more revolutionary but the combat sucks dick, it's full of grinding, dungeons suck, etc.

Neither. They both aren't revolutionary enough to deserve more than 90.

Mario Odyssey is simply a very, very great video.

But BotW actually elevates the entire open world genre.

Haven't played Oddysey yet. BotW was an 80/100.

BotW. Odyssey has too much filler and koro... - whoops I mean "moons" - to feel substantive or worthwhile whereas BotW offers a ton of great content.

They both look like complete trash compared to other games of this age. Only Mario gets a free pass because it's one of the few modern 3D platformers.

BotW will have a lasting impact on open world games, and absolutely anyone who picks up BotW for the first time will have fun for at least an hour. Odyssey is essentially just mario 64 with more mechanics thrown in. That's not a bad thing, but when BotW 2 comes out and it's just the same game with more mechanics nobody is going to think it deserves a 97. The only thing that saved odyssey is that 64 came out so long ago a lot of people have never even played it now, and most of the people who have haven't touched it in years.

Neither. Odyssey's a solid 8 and BotW's a 7 with potential.

>They both look like complete trash compared to other games of this age.

Didn't your parents ever teach you about books and covers?

this

Both

Odyssey isn't even close. Like, wtf why did that game get such a high score? It's good but it's an 8/10 game at best objectively even for hardcore fans. BotW I can see getting that score even with its flaws.

So, yeah. BotW deserved it. Mario Odyssey LMFAO

Botw has changed the Zelda formula and is a more impressive game. Mario Odyssey is tightly made and you can feel the craftsmanship that went into it on each and every level.
They both deserved it, Botw a bit more for taking a bigger risk.

Probably BoTW, although it has its fair share of problems too.
>BoTW shakes up the formula of the series, has some really cool environmental interaction and a massive-real feeling world. Unfortunately, the combat gets bit stale with lack of enemy variety, lack of dungeons, and lack of item progression, but it’s still one of a kind game where the first 10-15 hours were some of the most magical gaming moments I’ve had since my childhood.
>Odyssey is very polished and good Mario experience, but it seems to lack a factor that would make it *that* special. It’s just a good Mario game that suffers from the quantity-over-quality approach with moons.

I put 4 times as many hours into BotW. I'd say there's something to that as far as "amount of fun per dollar" measurement of merit goes. Odyssey I 100%'d in 50 hours according to account play time, then I was done with it and haven't gone back.

oddesey, while botw has great gameplay the actual content in the game, especially side content, is ultimately lacking, it's obvious nintendo spent more time polishing the engine than anything else in botw's development

Attached: 1529552878113.jpg (480x256, 15K)

apparently odyssey since Yea Forums seems a little less butthurt over it's success

Odyssey is the best and tightest Mario has ever controlled but the levels and music all suck and the moons are quantity over quality

>BotW actually elevates the entire open world genre
how? what did it do that other open world games didnt?