WHAT was the first video game that became popular world-wide BUT was hated by traditional video gamers of the time...

WHAT was the first video game that became popular world-wide BUT was hated by traditional video gamers of the time period?

Attached: hqdefault[2].jpg (480x360, 15K)

How the fuck did "traditional gamers" exist if no popular game had existed yet, you fucking retard?

>tfw people didn't actually win Ben Stein's money and he didn't have any risk of losing money even if they won
Felt betrayed. Why would Ben Stein deceive people like that?

I'm sorry Mr. Brainlet but that is incorrect as well as an incoherent and illogical statement.

Anyone else?

Ben Stein? Lying? That would never happen.

This thread is retarded

Attached: d56b809.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

Fortnite

I'm sorry that is incorrect.

custers revenge

What is Super Mario Sunshine?

COD MW2

wasn't popular worldwide
hate is too strong of a word
very close but it's actually older

Since there are no more responses the correct answer was Street Fighter II: The World Warrior.

Attached: street-fighter-ii-poster[1].jpg (1600x2257, 1013K)

Attached: 8vp3D.jpg (602x792, 103K)

Alright. Thanks for the thread

Candy Crush?

Most traditional gamers of the time would begrudgingly admit it was a good game, just that the playerbase was insufferable sometimes.

No, it was utter trash, my little newfag. Everyone who played proper FPS games hated it to no end.

Tetris?

>this is what halobabbys actually believe

Attached: 1434715095361.gif (474x354, 384K)

>>>Stein
Play stupid games, receive stupid prizes.

Here we go. So, what were these proper fps games at the time which were rated above halo by the real gamers?

Quake and Unreal obv

Unreal tournament, Quake 3, Tribes 2, not to mention already classic Doom and build engine games

cowa

I'll agree that those are all better than halo but halo was still a good game.

No, it was not. It had 2 weapons limit, health regeneration, the weapon design was incredibly bland, the level design was equally boring, online mode was tiny and it was incredibly repetitive throughout. Halo is a terrible game series.

Probably some edutainment game like Carmen Sandiego

League of Legends
Fucking cancer game with cancer playerbase, I can't name a single good thing about the whole scene
It was the birth of zoomers, the Fortnite before Fortnite