Bloodstained RotN

No thread for Miriam? Hmm.

Attached: 1560809419701.jpg (1024x966, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UN0Te7uTi7o
youtube.com/watch?v=u_GLLtFED5c
youtube.com/watch?v=pYJwf1OICRo
youtube.com/watch?v=U_h64mIW_9I
youtube.com/watch?v=bsaK0PTmA9U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunekune_(urban_legend)
danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3544755
youtube.com/watch?v=6Fnrj_Gd5JA&list=PLTSIqhWP1gKXEPAOxob2fx1k91LHiiwMc&index=10
youtube.com/watch?v=jBtcs3VE_Ws&list=PLTSIqhWP1gKXEPAOxob2fx1k91LHiiwMc&index=9
youtube.com/watch?v=SOg6jPZtVDQ&list=PLTSIqhWP1gKXEPAOxob2fx1k91LHiiwMc&index=13
youtube.com/watch?v=2-lrP9mX4QQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Miriam is cute!
CUTE!

Attached: 1562477147535.png (590x880, 599K)

Attached: footfags.webm (1080x608, 1.67M)

undeniably

Attached: 1562529041694.png (598x667, 267K)

God I wish that were me

witch feet

Attached: 1560866179716.png (562x1011, 352K)

Just replayed order of ecclesia and Sotn and it made me realise how shit bloodstained is

>generally dull environments (fire cave, ice cave, laboratory cave, sand cave) that all are incredibly linear
>Boring weapons (heaven forbid putting some OP shit in a single player game)
>only a couple of standout songs
>EVERY ENEMY after hidden desert is a reskin
>Den of behemoths and second half of the game shits the bed hard
>Bosses in general are very uninspired
>That final boss
>That ending

Fuck. It started off quite well and then fucked it about 40% in

The cathedral, library and twin towers were pretty nice. Otherwise I can barely remember anything else

pardon the samefagging but i have an addiction to making farming clips

Attached: RIGADOHIN.webm (1080x608, 1.64M)

So is it me or is the dodge complete fucking shit in this game, i just jump instead

I think they ran out of resources but I remembered they promised 'the biggest castle yet' so just cobbled together loads of generic caves and reskinned enemies to keep their word.

It's definitely lacking polish and a focused vision in many areas, but I still enjoyed the usual igavania core mechanics.

Fresh Nightmare is such cancer.
I'm at the first entrance savepoint and I cannot get to Zangetsu, there's so much shit along the way and every enemy takes forever to kill. Can't even run past enemies cause there's fuckloads of them.
How do you do it nightmare pros?

Attached: yes.webm (1080x608, 2.61M)

This says to me they ran out of money

This was true even under Konami though.

Give me Miriam lewds

You wanna put some water on that skin there bud, you appear to be cracking up.

Attached: 1553930402216.png (580x701, 275K)

is the webm quality improving?

Attached: furries.webm (1080x608, 2.87M)

>that all are incredibly linear
They are dull, but OoE is also guilty of that. It is also way more linear, Bloodtsianed levels loop around a much as SoTN and gives a lot of little paths off to the side and secret rooms.

>Boring weapons
Fuck off, it has some of the best gameplay out of IGA's games. Guns are finally a usable weapon and you have so many moves to play with. You have a huge range of types and upgrading means all types can at least be usable. You also have such a huge range of magic and again upgrading lets you play around with it even more.

I don't that isn't true, but there is also barely any of the game left at that point. Also these games reusing enemies is nothing new, direct pallet swaps were always common.

>Bosses in general are very uninspired
Cause Frankenstein, big dudes and just two monster together are so inspired? Bloodstained has some pretty good bosses, my complaint would be they are a bit too easy. But train monsters, guys with super speed and Jew were all pretty neat in concept at worst. Even Bloodless who is a simple concept has a pretty good range of attacks.

Attached: 75f5e753745484e21870946e45a509fe013661ae.png (3700x2800, 3.1M)

how you goin so fast?

do you think johannes sucked her toes while she was asleep

Attached: igacunny.jpg (695x900, 408K)

honestly almost all of the bosses in SOTN are trash

go beat blue naruto in a race

Didnt mention the magic system which i think is pretty good. The actual weapons are very dull. Think of how many stand out weapons there are?

Crissaegrim, claimh solaris, shield rod,gungnir, masamune, heavensblade

Im not sure if I can even name one (1) in bloodstained

Miriam is pure

She got violated by crystals

don't speak to me in riddles you fuck

Pure sex

Can they just cancel the switch version? Give everyone who bought on switch a full refund, and focus on developing the stuff that people actually care about? Like, the stretch goal stuff, the costume dlcs, all of that. I say this as someone who bought the switch version. Like seriously wtf this is beyond saving they are literally just wasting time.

>you will never get a classicvania with miriam

not him but you'll find out when you get there

find nipnipland, dumbfuck
don't get everything spoonfed to you in games like this, you should naturally find who he mentioned just by playing normally

You find those weapons stand out for two reasons. 1 they are a much older so have cemented themselves in your mind, and 2 cause 99% of the weapons in SoTN are throw away trash you just use till you get one of the good weapons.

Meanwhile nearly every weapon in Bloodstained has some move and you can do cool things with them. From the start of the game you are doing rekkas and parrying shit. That is stuff that if you are lucky one of the better weapons will allow you to do in the late game of Castlevanias. There is even the whole ammo system you can play with. You don't have to use shield rod cause galamoth isn't a fight anyone enjoys doing, you instead have a larger range of types which have a larger range of abilities. Which you can actually upgrade to keep your preferred play style viable without also being a chore. Unarguably Bloodstained's weapon system has more going on, and if you just want the best OP weapons then those exist as well. It even has a clone of Crissaegrim.

What, you didn't understand user's message arrow?

Is Bloodstained actually good? I remember all the memes and tears from the kickstarter paypigs.

>steam powered sword that you can charge up
>stand-ins of Crissaegrim, Heaven's Sword
>auto targeting gun
>auto targeting whip
>invisible blade
>lightsaber
>shield
>Redbeast's Edge
>squeaky boots

just from the top of my head

if you disregard the story, yes. it scratches a verrry satisfying metroidvania itch. just dont get the switch version

The crissaegrim clone is hot garbage and a lot of them are put in as a nod to older games. The techniques are a good idea but about the only thing giving any of the weapons any flavour at all.

If you go in expecting an interesting story with unique plot twists and all that, you'll be disappointed, even if the characters are pretty fun and charming. But, if you go in just wanting a fun 2D exploration RPG with a good variety of weapons and OP spells to experiment with and find the best versions of, then you'll enjoy yourself a lot with Bloodstained. Miriam's cute and fun, Zangetsu gives that David Hayter fun, there's plenty of the best of Castlevania's DNA in this game, and overall it's a fun ride. Once you get a full endgame loadout and go into NG+ with your full assortment of spells, armor, and weapons of choice, boy is it a satisfying system.

Would recommend, it's a solid 8.5/10 for me, maybe a 9/10 on a good day, but I'd need to forgive a fair bit of jank with crashes and junk to bump it up like that.

Attached: bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night___eternal_blue_by_innovator123_ddb8y49-fullview.jpg (1280x905, 179K)

It scratches the itch for a while but i hardly think you'll be going back time and again like the older games.

Game starts off strong with the boat and stuff and then the devs crap their pants and you're left with a very dull, rushed second half

Switch version is godawful. Avoid like the plague

>Im not sure if I can even name one (1) in bloodstained
Off the top of my head
Flying Edge/ Oracle Blade
Blue Rose
Zangetsuto
Eternal Blue
Sculptor's Chisel
Encrypted Lotus
Rhava's upgrade that's the true Criss/ Valmanway
Sangawhatever three segmented staff with the extendy-strike

About midway through the game I had enough MP regen on my Miriam to run a full mage build, so I didn't experiment a ton with weapons after that point, but that's just a playstyle thing. Some people in these threads seem to dislike spells in general and don't want to bother using anything more complicated than Welcome Company.

>The crissaegrim clone is hot garbage
It is incredibly strong, especially for how early you get it and then can be upgraded.

>and a lot of them are put in as a nod to older games
And that means they aren't a weapon you can use? You complain that the game lacks stand out weapons, then when given the same weapon complain it is the same.

>but about the only thing giving any of the weapons any flavour at all.
If you ignored all the techniques they just work like weapons in every CV game, apart from bringing back more of the directional attacks. So now you are complaining CV weapons work like CV weapons but with extra moves. In fact still better cause as points out lots do weird stuff manually.

>>auto targeting whip
Huh? Which one, user? Mind sharing? I didn't mess with whips very much, but this has me curious, since I only stopped using them because I wasn't the biggest fan of their semi-downward swing arc.
>invisible blade
I know it's kind of dumb of me to want the invisible blade to be, well, visible, but I wish it looked more like it does in concept art. I think it has a pretty cool serrated edge, and it feels kind of goofy just swinging a giant hilt around and having a murky, unclear hitbox on your sword swings due to the lack of visibility.

Attached: invisible-sword-weapon-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-wiki-guide1120px.png (120x120, 3K)

I think the problem is after a while weapons become irrelevant and you just end up cheesing bosses and enemies with familiars and magic, this makes the weapons feel weak. Whereas other vania games you are more heavily reliant on the weapons

Rare lewd.

>Which one, user? Mind sharing?
The Andromeda which is a reference to Saint Seiya.

Attached: Andromeda_Shun_V1.jpg (479x800, 58K)

Oh, alright. Yeah, I haven't tried that one out, but I have it sitting around for when I want to try messing with whips. I think I will, now that I know about its special feature. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out while pairing it with that lategame cosmic tiara accessory 'cause my Miriam's gotta get her accessorizing game right.

Attached: 61245214.jpg (301x267, 25K)

>after a while weapons become irrelevant
Weapons aren't as broken, but they still become incredibly strong and useful for boss fights. It is only at the point of fill a room with magic and dead in a few seconds that you could say they are irrelevant, but they still help kill stuff quicker.

It's a very worthy successor to the DS games, which were the last games before this.

This, plus it's largely dependent on playstyle and what one's going for. For example, poisoning a boss (either by spell or by something like Poison Kukri), timestopping, blood draining, and spamming something like Thousand Blossoms on a rapier, absolutely shitwrecks certain bosses even on Nightmare.

How do you do the down-kick?

>Spend 30 mins grinding dula shards at start of game
>Buy stonethaws and power up familiar
> weapon now irrelevant

Great system. At least they are nerfing magic and familiars

I feel like I had weird luck with the dullahan head shard, given how some anons on here talk about it. I didn't get one until about 40% map completion, but not for lack of trying. While I never truly went out of my way to farm them, I killed dozens of the things while farming items and other shards from other monsters in shared rooms. I figured I might need to get their shard from harder dullaheads in midgame or something so I didn't focus on figuring out what the basic not-Medusas dropped as a spell, since it probably wasn't even remotely needed to progress in the game. Sounds like a lot of people got it early, then I guess powered it up cheaply with stonethaws that they probably got by farming for Bloodbringer in the Cathedral room right next to Craftwork. God knows that's where most of mine came from.

>At least they are nerfing magic and familiars
Any word on how they're handling this specifically? Dullabuddies and Bookbro obviously could use nerfs, but Fairyfu, Silver Chariot, and Buer Ball don't need nerfs. Well, okay, maybe Buer Ball's bounce interactions with the upgraded Rhava could be toned down, but beyond that he's mostly just a moving platform for enabling creativity.

Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power)
Flying Edge
Rhava Bural
Rhava Velar

Let's balance every weapon within 1 dps. No wonder everything is so dull with these numpties helming it

Attached: Z7HeRxU.png (512x512, 361K)

>nerfing items in a single player game
glad i didn't buy this crap

>ywn make Miriam climax like how she sounds when she absorbs shards

Attached: C788CE29-F592-428C-9E03-BC4A6F74BDF5.jpg (597x596, 57K)

I do wish they had managed techniques a little better and made them more equal, instad of giving all the techniques to Katana.
Why would you give the most iconic weapon, the whip, only one technique?!
I'd rather have something like:
Daggers: Assassinate, Suprise gift, the Katana-charge-forward.
Swords: Power slash, Force Blast, Rekka
G Swords: Sickle Moon, Trucidating Gyre, Helm breaker
Rapiers: 1000 cuts, Lasting wounds, Parry
Spears: Orbital wheel, Lunging Serpent, Critical Swing
Shoes, Rekkas, Hatchet heel, Jinrai
Whips: Critical swing, Rekkas, Force Blast
Katana: Crecent Stroke, Jinrai, Crimson Blizzard
Firearms: Rapid fire only I guess.

Attached: 1563571611474.jpg (1080x1439, 153K)

So is the new meme that Bloodstained weapons are bad? This is why devs don't give us fun magic in games, if it is at all stronger then people will complain that every weapon is unusable.

Only nuns and witches can do that for her, user.

Kind of weird for them to even bother nerfing weapons that are blatently intended to be OP for what they do (long-range with the FE/OB, rapid strikes with Rhava.) I could understand maybe nerfing the Flying Edge and the first version of Rhava, but they're apparently nerfing both versions of Rhava, and while user didn't list it, I figure that means they're also nerfing Oracle Blade along with its little brother. Lame, considering they're supposed to be rewards for decent jump execution and exploration.

Attached: 1486612817523.png (366x414, 199K)

some retarded anons always claim that devs don't do this when a game isn't out yet, but then this happens, and here we are

Who else here got Flying Edge before they ever even found Double Dragon? It kind of surprises me how many anons I've seen show surprise about the weapon's existence, only finding it waaaay into lategame when they're working on true map completion.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

You forgot extendo blade sword.

I found it when you could, I liked it and used it for some time, never upgraded it though

Jesus F. Christ the game looks like absolute trash.

The problem is familiars like dula are so strong in addition to the ability to grind magic to make it crazy powerful. Weapons feel very weak in comparison. It really doesnt help when you have the devs start nerfing weapons.

Give us some crazy rare bonkers OP weapons, not this cookie cutter world of warcraft balanced bullshit

Post yfw you got to enjoy Bloodstained properly, with fully OP broken bullshit the way God intended before fucking singleplayer patches came in to give secondaries a lesser experience

Attached: 1563022687610.webm (960x960, 1.39M)

Sotn had plenty of reskins too.

'Kay go back to playing CoDBlops47 graphicfag

Attached: 1562450167482.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Attached: 1410557821997.jpg (453x384, 66K)

>Playing on switch

Im sorry user

Not my screenshot, it's just an example of the weapon's throwing arc that I pulled off Google Images. I played on PC.

>in addition to the ability to grind magic
It is an IGA game, of course if you go out your way to grind and break stuff you will get one aspect to be super strong. I went into this worried their wouldn't be broken aspects and instead we'd get a dry ass experience. This is exactly why devs don't give us fun stuff, cause when people have figured out what to grind people go online and declare the game is broken and certain aspects are unusable. While in a normal play through most players experiment with everything and have a good time.

>Give us some crazy rare bonkers OP weapons
Broken weapons would just mean you hit it once and it dies. You already have weapons that do fun stuff

I wonder what they smell like

Attached: 1563497538882.jpg (2048x1480, 278K)

What were your top 3 used weapons?

Mine were Rapier, Whip, Spear

Attached: __miriam_bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night_drawn_by_moonface__sample-3d997ee0a4754144a1f9bed3939bc668 (850x1202, 177K)

>grinded dula, welcome company, augment INT bunnymorphosis and 20% in and cheesed the whole game

Oh well, was fun while it lasted

Sculptor's Chisel, Flying Edge, and that one mid-game fire greatsword that I think builds from Gram. That's the three I used the most in my initial blind run, anyway, prior to deciding on and endgame/ NG+ loadout once upgrading Miriam was complete.

It's not about CoD, it's about game looking worse than DS Castlevanias.

I didn't do a ton with Bunnymorphosis just because the moveset made me kind of pissed off. Why in the fuck can't Bunny Miriam do flying kicks or the big crescent axe kick? Apparently she does amazing damage in this form but it just plain feels like a hyper-gimped version of using normal Miriam with a good Boot weapon, in terms of moveset.

Surprise, their shitty startup indie company doesn't have Konami's pachinko coffers to fund infinite pixel artists. 2.5D was more practical and economical for development given their team size.

But, as always, if you want to lick Castlevania's boots and deepthroat Konami cock, go for it, there's a nice pretty looking high fidelity Castlevania out right now in fact:
youtube.com/watch?v=UN0Te7uTi7o

Attached: 1466988081906.png (357x368, 139K)

You can grind to make crazy OP magic but I would personally like the option of some mega broken weapons as well Make it more upgrades, grinding enemies, sucking blood, i dunno. Certainly they should not be nerfing them. Relatively speaking they are weak.

Strongest katana I could get because parry is overpowered

>Normal Miriam with a good Boot weapon

The problem is that boots are on the weaker side of weapons or at least you can get better weapons from other categories more easily.

I did, it was nice callback I did not expect see

Yeah, it's pretty dull but jumping up and down repeatedly can mince through pretty much all the enemies in the game

>somehow even THIS exists as pachinko machine
youtube.com/watch?v=u_GLLtFED5c

Reskins are fine. Having the last 3 or 4 areas be exclusively reskinned enemies and such utterly dull environments is not.

You can almost pinpoint the part where they ran out of money and time

Yeah, I know, it's a bummer. In any case, Bunnymorphosis obviously does a fuckton more DPS, I just find the Boots on base Miriam way more fun because of the two moves I mentioned. God I wish Boots were better, and also that Miriam could get giant fucking Hulk Hand Gauntlet weapons for punching attacks. Extra EXTRA bonus points if you would be allowed to combine punching gloves with kicking boots at Johannes to make a full kung-fu bullshit Miriam.

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer how much of the game is reskinned. The rocky Waterway texture tileset is reskinned for Lavaland and Bone Desert, and it's just lightly modified to be more reflective to make it into the Ice Tomb environment. They all have their own features, like how Ice Tomb has those frozen demon corpses in the zone's background art, but they're minor changes and you can see where corners were cut and where pennies were pinched. The entirety of Hall of the Giants or whatever speaks for itself as a reskin of the Garden, even if I did kind of enjoy the sort of Alice in Wonderland shrunken vibe.

Attached: r41313e.jpg (1023x724, 246K)

Wait the other game have a sexy nun too?

Yeah, what's also awkward is that flurry kick seems to be very random on activation which isn't helpful since it has a lot of recovery frames.
As far as weapons categories are concerned rapiers and boots seems really like an afterthought. They're supposed to be very technical weapons and yet barely have any techniques, barely have weapons in their categories which leave pretty large gaps in upgrading your gear, not to mention that their top weapons are dark element which is the worst element along with stone.

Even as an obvious reskin Den of Behemoth would have been fun if enemies weren't total pushover because they're upscaled enemies from the first areas.

I'm trying to do this but the second directional spell never comes out. I do it once and then it stops working

It's already out so no?

down+jump

>As far as weapons categories are concerned rapiers and boots seems really like an afterthought. They're supposed to be very technical weapons and yet barely have any techniques, barely have weapons in their categories which leave pretty large gaps in upgrading your gear,
This is one of my biggest disappointments for the game in terms of movesets. I forget, do the Rapiers at least have a Parry, or was that just normal Swords and Katanas? It's a shame if so, since Rapiers should absolutely have a Riposte move. Maybe they could have a unique Disarming debuff mechanic that's only shared by one or two other non-Rapiers, like a Parrying Dagger in (obviously) the Dagger category. This kind of move could be used to get swords away from lion knights and grinder knights, axes from the axe and greataxe knights, etc. In terms of the boot weapons, yeah, we could talk all day about all the cool kicking moves they could've ripped off from fighting games. The fact that their movepool is so tame is just deflating, and both of these aforementioned weapon types really needed more love in terms of item versions. Throw in some fun junk like Dragoon Boots that increase your dropkick damage (since increasing jump height on that item would be kind of gamebreaking), and draw some inspiration from some of the millions of anime sword characters that use rapiers for Rapier moves.

this webm is a genuine spoiler

Attached: cooney.webm (1080x608, 2.98M)

>Ywn play the game iga intended if he didnt run out of time and shekels

Attached: c56.png (576x576, 333K)

In an ideal world every weapon would have an unique technique and a system to transferring the stats of one equipment to another so you got the stats of what you want but the looks of what you like.
Also a follow up to attacks. Not a combo, just a followup animation.
"Back"Dashing in any direction?
Dash attack?
Holding the attack button for a stronger, charged followup?

What sort of stuff would you like to see next time, user? I've mentioned it before, but I'd like to see a kitchen environment with some food monsters and demon cooks. Maybe a sunken pirate ship full of skeleton crew members could've been in the Waterway, kind of like in Aria. Some ghost horse stables could've been cool, or maybe some servants quarters for the more gentlemanly occupants of the castle that serve its owner more directly than the pure combatant demons like the lion knights. Make 'em throw silver platters and do dumb anime tribute shit like youtube.com/watch?v=pYJwf1OICRo

Who would want virgin blood at 3am?

Valefar, Millionaire's Bane and the bunnies were a missed opportunity for a literal gambling hell area.

Fair point. Some dealer demons sort of like the King Dice boss from Cuphead would've been cool too.
youtube.com/watch?v=U_h64mIW_9I
youtube.com/watch?v=bsaK0PTmA9U

Attached: t4232f22.gif (540x225, 1.68M)

imagine the smell

Anons, if you could add one weapon TYPE to the game that doesn't already exist in it, what would it be? Ranged weapons are allowed for those who would choose that, but let's keep spell-flavored stuff to Shards, not weapons like what we're discussing here.

Feel free to ask any questions if you would like to before answering, since I'm not sure what else to cover. Either way, it's just a fun question borne out of simple curiosity.

Attached: 270620161.jpg (700x417, 85K)

So I heard someone mention that the Blue Rose has a special move. Is that true? If so, is it a secret input? Could someone mention what it is if that's the case? I remember pic related from concept art but I don't know how to do it if we're talking about that.

Attached: 214145rf.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

So is this the new way to make ez bux with cheap indie games?

1 - make barebones unity game that rips off an old classic
2 - add waifu
3 - ???
4 - MONEY

Attached: 1562886111590.png (1280x1647, 1.06M)

If making games that genuinely feel like the post SotN Castlevania games is so easy, why haven't you done it already?

If you want the on-brand alternative you're free to go guzzle it down like a shit-slurping whore:

Attached: 1d112d213tr12e.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

>thinking this is about branding
nah brah I just want games that aren't shit or ancient
>if it's so easy why don't you do it
because a bunch of 14 year olds with basic knowledge of flash/actionscript beat me to it over a decade ago

I like crossbows so I want those but I'll fully admit that they'd probably be identical to guns, functionally speaking. A reskin at best.

Attached: 6216124.jpg (325x480, 41K)

No, Blue Rose don't have any secret techniques. If you learn all the weapon techniques, you can use the secret Tech with the Valkyrie Blade, which uses the same model, but is white

Attached: 1563433481107.jpg (707x1000, 841K)

>thinking this is about branding
You're the one that stipulated 'ripping off a classic' as part of the formula, implying you take offense at this not being on-brand Castlevania. You're the one who went there, not me.

Your only other point beyond that was anti-waifu shit, and literally who cares with that one, sex always has and always will sell.

There's a cooldown on some shards, try using something like Directed Shield, or just input slower.

>You're the one that stipulated 'ripping off a classic' as part of the formula, implying you take offense at this not being on-brand Castlevania
No, user, you're reading way too heavily into an implication that isn't there.

Try not being a sperg

I think I'm missing a few techniques, but I'm not sure what bookcases to look for. If I've missed them this many times then they might as well be invisible to me somehow, blending into the background. Blerg. So, what's the technique that you learn for the Valkyrie Blade, then?

Is this real? pretty cheap lol.

So your lone point with all of that was just "w-waifushit," then?

You can just google weapon techniques and use the right weapon with the right inputs, and you'll learn it. You don't need to read books to use thjem. It dosn't take long to grind for either, especially when you have the mastery book from OD. Valkyrie blade is down-down attack, which gives you the animation for sword-parry, but as an attack

Attached: __miriam_bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night_drawn_by_natsume_yuji__8646b9f334d2fc0d62a05dda69e3708b.jp (827x1171, 143K)

I asked a thread about what monster 44 was, and some user said I should sit on the train. It was late, I was tried and sick, and that scared the bejesus out of me

>your lone point
Why do you think this is an argument?
Oh, right, 'tism.

Enjoy your ugly barebones ripoff of a game that came out over 20 years ago, at least you can jack off to it.

One month after i bought it i still can't play it, they should be sued for fraud.
Fortunatly i also have a good pc but i really would like to play it in bed.

In case anyone is wondering:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunekune_(urban_legend)

Attached: Kunekune-Cerita-Hantu-Jepang-artforia31.png (793x526, 278K)

Nigga I've played SotN, Aria, OoE, Dawn, and now this. I've also played Cuphead, Hollow Knight, all the Shantae games, and plenty of other shit. Sue me for liking the genre in general and still getting enjoyment out of games. More content like this makes me happy, period, and that's all there really is to it.

>heaven forbid putting some OP shit in a single player game
wait until you hear about the nerfs

Actually this is completely untrue for a lot of people. Plenty of people, genuine and falseflagfag alike have propped up in these threads, in /vg/ threads, and in the Steam forums to bitch about how there isn't a male protag so they won't even consider touching Bloodstained. The things that some people will let ruin a fun game for them, I swear.

Attached: 1436748126315.jpg (720x480, 32K)

Eh, fuck 'em, leave the premium games like Bloodstained and Nier: Automata to us if they hate it so much. Who knew that waifus could be such a pleb filter?

Attached: 1486699641421.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Attached: 1561927392092.jpg (1869x1555, 382K)

The entirely of Glacial Tomb is reskinned rooms from various parts of the castle too.

Does anyone here even use techniques regularly? I'm only a few hours in, but a lot of what I've picked up so far doesn't seem worth it for the MP cost and I feel like I'm better off just using MP for magic. It's made even worse by how they're locked to less than a handful of specific weapon names of an already specific type.

>Bloodstained and Nier:Automata
>premium games

Attached: 1419190745461.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

Thank you, user.

I went out of my way too use them all the time because I like that kind of shit, but early game they do use way too much mana. Once you've crafted some drinks they won't be too bad.
Also see pic.

Attached: Screenshot (3).png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

techniques are useless shit, the only one I ever used was the "secret" one for the valkyrie sword

>the stuff that people actually care about?
So the Switch version, since it sold the most.

Curse of the Moon, you retarded secondary.

nope

in terms of raw dps, they suck massive dick and are about as fun to pull off as combos in a fighting game.

if you care about setting up macros to make it easier then sure, you can style on the mobs, but its never worth it when a regular hit or two does the trick with no delay in animations.

Valefar seems totally out of place in den of behemoths. It's like they made him, intended for him to have his own glitzy casino area and then just screwed the pooch and shoehorned him into some shit rehash area.

The more i think about it the more disappointed i am with the end of the game

>they promised 'the biggest castle yet'
Is it really Iga's "biggest castle yet?" I still feel like SotN is bigger even without the inverted castle.

Attached: 1534835981681.jpg (760x530, 268K)

>tears from the kickstarter paypigs
You mean shitposters desperate for the next MN9?

Attached: 1518805204955.gif (600x338, 916K)

That's because Den of Behemoths was supposed to be a gambling den for giants, but they couldn't finish that in time and had to just enlarge the Garden.

Kinda?

Attached: squares.png (586x791, 78K)

Rate your igavania games

OoE > AoS > DoS > SotN > PoR > Bloodstained> HoD> CotM

>That's because Den of Behemoths was supposed to be a gambling den for giants

Attached: 343075897b2381b7e8e9a25ea64a0f6a--pro-life-when-you-see-it.jpg (236x304, 10K)

AoS > OoE > SotN > Bloodstained > PoR > DoS > HoD. I haven't played Circle of the Moon yet.

Attached: 1534844122489.png (750x593, 540K)

I want porn animation that use her voice clips from the game.

Attacking normally also does feel considerably safer compared to some of the techniques propel you forward (which is bad in a game where touch damage exists) or ones that have huge recovery. Especially since you can cancel normal attacks into backdash and cancel backdash into another attack. There's also how landing from a jump attack completely cancels its recovery letting you immediately do a ground attack into backdash and into another attack. Going into another jump attack after landing also works.

I used the whip tech a lot, y,236y was good. I also used both rapier techs as well.

Attached: __miriam_bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night_drawn_by_champanus__bb88de071d30273b31fdd4f7bec0d348.png (540x518, 142K)

Technique recovery is also canceled by backdash.

Anyway Flashing Air Kick is probably the best one, has tons of invulnerability, very good for getting Boss medals.

Attached: Flashing Air Kick.webm (720x404, 2.95M)

charlotte is the girl next door i need in my life

Attached: CHARLOTTE!.jpg (850x1200, 804K)

>Tfw Charlotte will never let you look at her dark blue panties

Attached: 1550090060434.jpg (952x932, 103K)

Order of Ecclesia is a boring linear disgrace of the castlevania genre
and has the worst familiar system envisoned by human beings

>Love the game, amazing success for what they promised and what they delivered

>Patch just came out that nerfed a bunch of endgame stuff, including Rhava Velar

First true fuck up. I thought this was supposed to invoke a SotN feeling? Stop nerfing shit in a single player game.

>the Sorrow games can be considered the base for Bloodstained

Now that I think about it, Bloodstained does feel more reminiscent of AoS/DoS more than any other game in the series consdering how Miriam's shards work mosty like Soma's souls. Even the supporting cast reminds me of Soma's friends.

>Tag along friend that provides you stuff
Johannes = Hammer
>Church agent that also provides you stuff
Yoko = Dominique
>Super strong and mysterious demon hunter you eventually fight
Julius = Zangetsu

Hammer and Yoko's rooms in Dawn of Sorrow are positioned identically to Jojo and Dom's too.

I miss the bat, wolf, and mist forms from SotN.

Attached: maria_avatar.png (380x355, 396K)

I love that OD actually had all 3.
Playable OD when?

The bosses and music alone trash bloodstained.

The question was about the CASTLE. Any non-castle area should not count in this discussion.

Great. You may have the biggest castle but your game is half the size of other games. Way to mislead the public iga you hack

The Rhavas are piss-weak. They hit fast but do next-to-no damage. The only truly broken Crissaegrim was the SotN original.

Okay, not sure why you need to be that autistic about it, but Galleon Minerva and Arantville make up around 200~ squares, so Bloodstained would still be the biggest single castle.

You're just arguing semantics. The ninja garden may as well be in some alternate dimension and not part of the 'castle', same with the shitshow that is den of behemoths

The dance moves on this demons are pretty sick though.

Meant to reply to

>have to sit through the whole scene every time you want to fight wiggly-niggly
I hope whoever decided that gets sawed to death with rusty butter knives

>opinion

SotN > PoR > Bloodstained > AoS > OoE > DoS > CotM >>>>> HoD

Harmony of Dissonance is almost in it's own class, really. Fitting how it's basically the direct sequel to Simon's Quest.

>Opinion

>Playable OD when?
It would be hilarious if a playable OD played just like Alucard from SotN without anything changed.

The bosses on bloodstained are awful. Iga clearly had no involvement on boss encounters in the previous games

Oh shit, that's fucking cool. Brb, crafting.

fuck these hearts

Attached: tizarrior.webm (1080x608, 2.27M)

I just started this today and got the shortcut skill shard but I don't see anywhere to activate it. I saw that it was toggleable but have no clue how to turn it on. Got it shortly after the Zangetsu fight in the room where you fight a Cyhraeth (flying bloody witch thing causes Curse)

you have to first set each shortcut in the menu

Yeah, it didn't show up in my menu for some reason. I went a little further in to the left and it looked like I found a second one (in a room with an HP upgrade) that unlocked the menu option. Originally I had gone to the top right exit in that room.

> were a missed opportunity for a literal gambling hell area.

That's what Den of Behemoths was supposed to be at first. A giant gambler's room.

Niariam.

Attached: IMG_20190617_203722.jpg (1535x2048, 252K)

Why?

I'm reminded of Rabi-Ribi.

How do I get glowing eyes?

Buy gunpowder and upgrade flame cannon right away. Even the big swordsmen will go down in one or two hits. If you still need more help, go back to the ship and farm dullahammer heads for a familiar. If you get them to Grade 9 they'll do most of the fighting for you.

Should have used your 8-bit coin on Shield Weapon.

Words of Wisdom shard I think

feels good to finally get around to it

Attached: therewardismiriamsfeet.png (915x72, 18K)

So slow. Thrown Spear shreds everything in that corridor in 1/3 the time.

Cool. Time to play some xenoblade

I know it's not most efficient. Spear Throw is pretty broken for farming, as are Riga StorÆma and Teps Oceus. I prefer to check the weakness of the thing I'm farming and use a skill and weapon with that element or trait. It keeps things interesting.

linear is not opinion, its a fact mate, castlevanias are about exploration, going back and forth making you feel "at home" in the castle
also, familiars that you have to grind glyphs or let them have the last hit to gain xp ibeing a terrible choice s also a fact, not an opinion
Learn how to argue first mate.

>animal forms
>OP alucard sword
>shields
>DARK METAMORPHOSIS

Attached: 1422918888904.gif (360x359, 547K)

Although I just realised you responded to a different webm anyway, so never mind. I thought it was this one

Don't familiars only ever gain 1XP from enemy kills regardless of the enemy?

Miriam is a stupid girl who is too dumb to remember to return her library books. Say something mean about her!

Attached: Bloodstained_ Ritual of the Night_20190721113336.jpg (1920x1080, 538K)

Lategame looks so fun, I can't wait to get that far and be able to mess around with some of the stronger shards.

Speaking of shards, what are some good early game shards? I'm still mainly using Cerulean Splash because the bounce effect is really good in catching small/jumpy enemies in cramped spaces especually once upgraded; as well as True Arrow/Flame Cannon because multi-hit projectiles can instantly delete some enemies.

Dumb slut who likes shoving big shards up her loose snatch

Why not?

All the ones they are nerfing.

Attached: nerf.png (565x327, 23K)

>using craftwork for combat

Attached: 6fe.png (600x295, 189K)

As far as I can tell it doesn't even do damage, so I have no idea what they meant by this.

She is so stupid, she drools
danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3544755

I genuinely enjoyed my playthroughs a lot, but if I'm being objective I don't think it's anything more than mediocre
The art direction and music have always been a huge deal for castlevania games, and calling bloodstaineds anything more than 'ok' would be incredibly generous
The quest system is extremely lackluster, the crafting system is cool but crippled by Alkahest being far too expensive/rare
The bosses are the worst part imo, particularly the double jump boss and the invert boss.
The areas are very very generic, the only one that really showed something we haven't seen before was Oriental Lab and that was pretty brief.
Magic is far far more powerful than weapons which can feel very lacklustre - techniques were a nice addition but ultimately they offer little since they're generally worse than just jump/backdash cancelling basic attacks

If you upgrade it, it'll do damage

>You will never stick your shard inside her
Why live?

But there are a lot of great songs
youtube.com/watch?v=6Fnrj_Gd5JA&list=PLTSIqhWP1gKXEPAOxob2fx1k91LHiiwMc&index=10
youtube.com/watch?v=jBtcs3VE_Ws&list=PLTSIqhWP1gKXEPAOxob2fx1k91LHiiwMc&index=9
youtube.com/watch?v=SOg6jPZtVDQ&list=PLTSIqhWP1gKXEPAOxob2fx1k91LHiiwMc&index=13

I know that.
My point is why?

It's a giant fist, why woulndt it deal damage?

yep.

You need double jump to do it.

You ever been swinging a weapon at an enemy and thought "This is okay, but it'd be great if a giant fist was punching them as well."

I fucking love the single "oops" she say
Also, bad girl! Return the books, that ain't a bookstore!

It's cheap and has no animation lock.

So then there's literally no reason to have them kill enemies when glyph-grinding is debatably faster.

yep
But it is about how stupid this mechanic is.

There's no debating that.

Attached: 1878b7943b6a8ab3e2b0762d137b5a8d890bb0e3 (1).jpg (800x985, 392K)

Honestly im quite surprised how little porn there is of this game.
Lots of fanart of Miriam in clothes but little porn

Been years since I read the manga, but can someone freshen my memory why Walter switched side all of a sudden?

Its like people truly see her as a wife and don't want to defile her

Then make porn of bloodless or thigh nun

source?

>tfw i skipped over the hint about where the double jump is
>im now lost
>i can't even see the hint again
I feel so retarded right now

Attached: 1490610368229.jpg (720x720, 140K)

It's in the only place you can physically go right now.
I can understand getting lost a little later when some things are more cryptic, but getting double jump? There's literally nothing else you can do right now.

That's because the game hasn't come out in Japan yet.

>bosses in general are uninspired
far better than most of them in sotn, at least. the use of goetic demons is far more interesting than say, a hippogriff, or OoE's giant crab
>only a couple standout songs
how does it feel to have shit taste?

The problem with Rabi-Ribi isn't the girls or the game itself. It's Sekai Project and that Sekai Project should fucking crash and go bankrupt already.

>far better than most of them in sotn, at least. the use of goetic demons is far more interesting than say, a hippogriff, or OoE's giant crab

I think the issue is that most of the bosses are nothing special to fight, especially in normal mode, not so much their design.

Giant crab crawling over a vertical shaft is far, far cooler than any of the malformed glass demons in Bloodstained.
Bloodless, Zangetsu, twin dragons and final boss are good but the rest are completely uninspired and far worse than CV bosses on average be it mechanically or aesthetically.

i'll give you that. there were only a few bosses i really enjoyed (bathin, zangetsu, andrealphus, bloodless). curse of the moon had far better fights mechanically, even if they were style over substance for the most part
anyone who defends the crab boss hasn't actually played OoE. it's horrible. i'm glad the game got better after that, because it almost made me stop playing

I have a feeling that everything that comes after mandatory areas for the first ending was genuinely half-assed to ridiculous extent. Starting with the underwater caves the game completely loses its own identity and aesthetics and forces you to trudge through a number of utterly uninspired areas that at best have a single shitty gimmick. The absolutely ridiculous dumbass story becomes absolutely unbarable to boot around the same time as well.
The game feels like it got hit by development hell. Even the good ideas like weapon skills were simply half-assed and mostly useless compared to overpowered but surprisingly samey magic.

Attached: 1545832965681.png (338x380, 91K)

>anyone who defends the crab boss hasn't actually played OoE
Whaat, you're a shitter who got BTFO by the crab? This explains everything.

You're strange man, the crab boss is one of the better ones across the whole series.

no, i only died to it a few times. it was just such an abysmal design, the epitome of trial-and-error.

Not being able to figure out how to beat a well-designed boss doesn't equal bad design, user.

bout to fight the train demon, after that what gear should i be hunting down? I haven't really paid attention to much or read up, just been trying to fill out the map

An artist who used to draw for the Yea Forums drawthreads years ago, people called him "doodle" but I've never seen his blog

>The game feels like it got hit by development hell
It did — the game was initially supposed to be released in 2017.

Mostly based on how much I enjoyed them:
AoS > PoR > OoE > DoS > SotN > HoD > CotM

I won't rank Bloodstained yet until I finish it or at least once I think I've played enough. I know some people like CotM the best among the GBA titles but in my experience it was a bad time since I couldn't find or get any of the cards to drop so all I had were the default ones and I was stuck playing the game in the plainest way possible. I'm also really biased towards Aria of Sorrow since it was my first game in the series and is also one of the few handful of games I always keep coming back to.

In what universe is Crabman not among the worse OoE bosses ?

Attached: 4kom_10[1].gif (170x527, 36K)

>swing sword
>"HUHHHHH"
yes yes yes yes please

oh no, i understood. scripted encounters are just the worst. you can't kill him on your own, you can only damage and then wait for him to break more walls, but only when he feels like it. the pace of a boss should be as fast as you want to make it, but there's only one way to fight this guy.

miriam is a shit

>attacking him when you're at the top
???
What universe did that image come from?

>gimmic bosses
Shit tier

I feel like Aria would benefit heavily from a remake. I played it right after SOTN, and while I found the soul system, general combat and bosses to be vastly superior, I still couldn't help but feel like the castle itself was really damn small and there was a rather small amount of enemies on screen at any given time.
Despite that, I was really into the story, unraveling the mystery of what happened to Dracula, J, Gendo, as well as everything involving Graham Jones.
It feels to me like a 10/10 game trapped in an 8/10 game's body because the tech wasn't able to proper realize the creator's vision, same as SMTIV and Inland Empire

Attached: What the fuck (3).jpg (500x500, 18K)

S H A W
>attacking at the top of the lighthouse

Agreed.

he got mad that he'd never have the chance to beat Alucard cause he got older and weaker so he joined the Nazis for his chance to go back to his prime and murder him

shit thinking back i think this is where I got stuck and stopped playing

Thanks

But why?

Attached: 1540341328290.png (417x532, 152K)

The crab boss gave me a lot of trouble but I actually really liked it. Finally getting to crush it with the elevator after multiple retries was so satisfying. Though I'll admit that it's the only generic boss in OoE that I remember aside from Wallman (because he also kicked my butt until I realized you were supposed to absorb his glyph while he phasing through the wall so that he'd get stuck), everyone else that I recall are named/standard characters (Albus/Barlowe/Death/Dracula).

PATCH WHEN??
also are some achievements buggy?

>not remembering Blackmore

You don't at least remember the gigantic pegasus boss that you have to climb on top of?

Which achievements? None were buggy for me

niggas fans of OoE live in denial i guess

I'm sure I've done over 20 consecutive jump kicks on a dragon and that achievement did not activate.
And the one for mastering a technique appeared when I mastered my 5th technique

RELEASE ZANGETSU MODE ALREADY INSTEAD OF NERFING SHIT IGA YOU HACK

Attached: 1557430767609.jpg (768x1024, 96K)

That's the joke, she is not realizing she has to drop the lift on him, that's why she looks bored, she kept wacking him and nothing happens

Doubt.

Agreed. It was after the grebel fight the game just totally shit the bed. Almost as if they just dumped the rest to the interns and iga just fucked off.

The only new enemy after Hidden Desert is the monkeys, and those get reused in Glacial Tomb from the Gussion Cannons.

I honestly forgot all about Blackmore and Eligor until you reminded me. Though, I remember cheesing most enemies with the Beam Skeleton glyph once I got it.

It's actually completely true, every non-boss enemy after that point is a reskin..

I'm at 99.8% map completion before the final boss room. Is that what counts for the last 0.2%? I'm trying to grind out all the shards I can to 9/9 before I try the final boss, but I want to be sure I didn't miss anything before then

Attached: 1430248392004.jpg (1014x766, 94K)

Just fucking around. DLC when

Attached: Combo.webm (500x280, 2.77M)

Regular monkeys are in the garden, and Gusions dwell in the library (they pop out if you pull the wrong background platform). So really, there are NO new enemies after the desert.

It could very well be the last room you need, however it's also possible there is 1 square you are missing that would not add enough percentage to actually change your percentage from 99.8 to 99.9.

SoTN > Bloodstained > AoS > DoS > PoR > HoD > CotM

With Bloodstained we've gone through the pre-release shitpost, honey move phase and are now on the second round of shitposting as people hate that the game is so well received. Game's got issues but it unarguably improves on previous games in so many ways. Even little things like have an 8 slot quick weapon change. it isn't as tight or clean a package as other games but people are now acting like repeated enemies make it worse than everything else, cause that has never happened before in this series. Also the bosses blow other titles out the water.

>Also the bosses blow other titles out the water.
This isn't true for any boss from AoS onwards, in fact all three DSvanias had such great bosses that Bloodstained pales horribly in comparison.
The only boss that remotely approaches the quality of those in previous IGA games is Zangetsu 2.

>>EVERY ENEMY after hidden desert is a reskin
So 3 areas? With one purposefully being an old area but big, so the enemies being big versions of the ones you faced there is actually neat. If it was just a bunch of new random ones that area would be worse, cause you wouldn't recognise them as enemies sized up but enemies that were just big in general.

Like that is actually missing the entire point of that whole area.

>With one purposefully being an old area but big
It wasn't purposeful, they ran out of time and just enlarged the garden. The art book shows what it was supposed to be which was a whole new area.
30% of the map is reskinned enemies, this is shit no matter how you want to put it.

Please no, I used Welcome Company on every wall, tell me I didn't miss anything

Attached: bloodstained map.png (1936x1118, 2.72M)

I would bother arguing but you guys are at the point of defend hitting the grab for 10 years as it follows the same basic pattern.

Waaaaah i have to complain about it while everybody's still talking about it

every DSvania had a few shit bosses, some more than others. PoR definitely had the most, tho. i wouldn't say the RotN bosses are superb, but they do their job well.

i like the fact that you're straight up pretending those aren't problems with sotn and ooe
iga never had the funding he wanted to make a fully idealized game, sadly

The crab was annoying, but the centaur was even worse. I thought I could save time in the Boss Rush by using the flight glyph to get behind it without having to deal with those legs, but his hitboxes make that almost-impossible.

You've got em all. Final boss room will put you at 100.

Embarrassing.

You make the combat look a lot more fun that it actually is.

I cant be fucked breaking my thumb for techniques that barely do more damage than a regular attack but take up 4 x the time and mana when you can just spam lasers or some shit

>Bosses blow the others out the water

Lolz. They are garbage and one of the worst parts of the game

>It wasn't purposeful
What they just turned on the computer one day and it was there? Change of plan or not you can't deny that is what the area is, you are just side stepping the point. Game has obviously had issues in development and any game will see some change. But the area is meant to be a sized up version of the old one, if the enemies weren't sized up versions of older ones it wouldn't work. It's be like a fire level full of water monsters.

Every iga games sees a lot of stuff being reused. I like how Bloodstained is getting shit for reusing stuff in a weird way to try and keep it neat. While we are all just ignoring AoS's last level. Why reuse one area when you can reuse them all? Just make it white! I actually do like the last level in AoS, people are just reaching hard to hate on a game more when has obvious flaws

Fuck off retard. The game is good but if you cant tell the game has serious flaws you've got your head up iga's ass so far you'll suffocate

on the plus side, this makes a gunthrough more attractive now.

>not nerfing chisel barrage lv9 which prevents many bosses from moving at all
>not nerfing nearly-free void ray if you just tap the trigger instead of holding it
noice

How are you even switching between weapons so fast without the shortcut menu showing up for a second?

edited

That is always the case though. In any castlevania some tools greatly out preform others. Luckily this isn't a competitive game where you have to play the meta. You can do playthroughs with whatever you want and mess around with all the system. Cause while some stuff is weaker than others, all is power enough to beat the entire game with relative ease. Breadth of content will always result in a huge disparity in power.

It is like going to a pokemon thread and complaining why isn't everyone only using the strongest team possible with perfect IVs.

I used the rekka kicks from the kung fu boots because they let you reach some collectables early. I LOVE crap like that in these exploration games.

the weakest part of was aegis mail being tucked into a corner thats very easy to miss

getting spikebreaker in SotN was much more intuitive

The other game has lesbian rape nuns that kiss you.

Where's all the cool mods at?
Half the mods just make Miriam or the enemies nude or half naked.
How about making something cool for Miriam to wear or something?

Attached: 29-1563515407-765375412.png (1920x1080, 2.27M)

>get acerbatus
>get nitesco
>never use anything else again except when it's something that completely assblasts the boss you're fighting

spooked solid

>I remember cheesing most enemies with the Beam Skeleton glyph
You mean you played the game normally?

i cant imagine someone considering OoE their favorite

the glyph system is a downgrade from the soul system and the maps are just linear trash

I personally never used anything more than a blade and a mace glyph, with maybe some use of a shield against certain bosses.

is that fucking thomas the tank engine in the background

The game has only been in peoples hands for a month.
Consider how long it will be until another IGAvania gets made.
The good mods will come in due time.
New areas, new enemies, new bosses, I can't wait.

Yeah man fuck Rondo of Blood for downgrading the whip from SCIV being multidirectional and having linear maps with just a breakable wall for split paths instead of CV3's multiple routes.
Oh wait it's vastly superior in combat, challenge, boss design, art style, music, characters and more.
But clearly the "downgrade" ruined it.

Fuck you, OOE is a masterpiece.

Then you played wrong.

Is the game flexible enough to allow for new content to extend the current game? It feels like the only mods so far are affecting textures or making them invisible.

>Fuck you, OOE is a masterpiece.
Not even him, but fuck no.

I just beat Gebel because I happened to stumble across his room. It saved and game over'd afterwards. I'm just back at my last save room, is anything actually changed in my game?

It is weird that people are acting like imbalance is a new thing. You do fun runs cause you can, not cause any of these games even get a glimpse of being balanced. A wide range of powerful enough spells is surprising enough

Attached: 1535475101885.gif (374x174, 355K)

Why you are comparing Rondo out of nowhere? OoE is a considerable downgrade in comparison to his previous games. Only thing good about it is the artstyle and the main theme

Why are Susie's quests the worst to beat?

Then again the "get me stuff to bury with the dead" lady I got stuck on for the longest since I never bought a circlet.

You should have Boss Rush unlocked on the main menu. You can use it to get a few free coins and potions.

and this
youtube.com/watch?v=2-lrP9mX4QQ

>Why you are comparing Rondo out of nowhere?
OoE is the next "soul/glyph/shard" game after Dawn of Sorrow
Rondo is the classicvania that came after SC4
Both are "downgrades" compared to their predecessors which was what my post was replying to and focusing on.

den of behemoths is the most obvious example. guess IGA really ran out of money considering all the development troubles this game had

>Oh wait it's vastly superior in combat, challenge, boss design, art style, music, characters and more.
I agree that's the case with Rondo, but OoE is not most of these things. Glyph system was annoying and the areas were meh. Some cool bosses here and there and it has the best looking Dracula, but it's cons outweighs the pros

Not him, but that's a false equivalence.
One is a completely different style of game like comparing Mario 2 to Mario 3 while the other is a quality of life downgrade fest. Less equipables, less skills, less weapons, map nonlinearity removed for 90% of the game.
OoE uses "souls" like AoS and DoS, sure, but OoE plays like an unfinished beta for those games.

I swear, there's some anti-piracy trigger
halfway through, and the game crashes every 5-10 min

>farming his shard to grade 9
>have like 117 luck and solomon's ring
>still takes fucking forever
>game locks up one me twice, costing me 3 upgrades

how do i keep the switches that manipulate the wall stair things depressed?
i thought the medusa head shard would drop a rock on it or something but nope, just pet resistance.

there should be a bookcase you can move with Craftwork

this guy fucks me up no matter what I try

Go the Tower of Twin Dragons after you get invert.

Just run left, jump on top of the boxes and kill him from on top of the boxes while he's flails helplessly.
Alternately invert and do the same.

yeah i found i sorry
keeping an eye out for invert

What is the best 8bit coin boot weapon? What are the most fun 8bit weapons in general?

I can't for the life of me do technique inputs without giving Miriam a seizure and you make it look like cakewalk

All I know is the gun is the strongest in the game, but it doesn't home in.

>keeping an eye out for invert

It's a boss reward, late game

why are we bringing Rondo of Blood into this?

also
>vastly superior in combat
no
>art style
with the exception of the anime games, hell no
>music
several igavanias have superior soundtrack
>characters
no and even if they were, its castlevania, the story is of little importance

ill grant you it is a more challenging game, but at the expense of the combat and exploration, not worth it

Attached: 1416085866359.jpg (232x194, 17K)

Inputs in this game are definitely kind of wonky, I've gotten a popup that I unlocked a technique and it was added to my archives but Miriam didn't actually do it. So the game read the input and recognized it but didn't do it.
Higher FPS helps for some reason, once I turned off framerate smoothing they come out more consistently.

Open task manager and right click the game process. Click go to details and right click the process highlighted. Click set affinity and toggle on only cpu 0 and 2

I got all of them and they aren't really fun to be desu. the gun is strong and doesn't have the half-functional homing of the strongest gun. oleanders are probably the best poison weapon. don't really get why there are so many holy swords.

>why are we bringing Rondo of Blood into this?
Someone insulted his precious waifu's unfinished game, so he has to insult something people actually like.

Dumbass I was literally saying Rondo was vastly superior, it's right there in my post.
OoE is not trying to be an exploratory metroidvania type game, it is focused on careful enemy positioning on a more linear and structured design and a focus on more challenging combat where you have to focus on enemy weaknesses instead of just bapping them with a spear infinitely, and yes I know Sword/Mace/Holy is easy mode for the game, but the same could be said for Teps Oceus/Welcome Company/Rhava Bural in Bloodstained.
However people just expected OOE to be another Sorrow game and because it wasn't immediately comparable, they got butthurt and just labeled it a shitty waifu game, such as yourself.

Attached: GlacialTomb.jpg (3988x3772, 3.38M)

I used my 8bit on encrypted orchid. Did I fuck it up? It was a fun sword for a bit

Wow. I never would have noticed that. Fuck.

The last 2 areas are just fucked up versions of The Garden of Silence and the waterway place, duh

Did you know if you put the Eye of Horus on and then take it off, the zoomed out effect stays until you quit the game?

bloodstained means miriams bloody panties

If you think OoE removing the metroidvania elements was a good decision, you have brain problems. All OoE has is a waifu. Nothing else of note. Nobody wants to ever copy its gameplay changes or level design. It's worthless.

so it doesnt have the challenging and satisfying combat and platforming of classicvanias, and it doesnt have the vast maps and varied loadout options of metroidvanias

you like the game, fine, but it should be obvious to you why most of the fanbase has issues with it

Attached: you heretic-ass motherfucker.png (420x630, 420K)

It's Simon's Quest 2.0, really.

sounds promising, I'll try it

What's the problem? I don't see anyone complaining about SOTN's inverted castle. It's literally the same shit except upside down.

huh, i didnt notice while playing, i guess the glacial tomb does reuse a lot of areas

This bothers me, but speaking fairly PoR and OoE both just made 4-5 zones and reused each of them twice.
At least those had redesigned layouts and occasionally new enemies, though.
At least this new graphic tileset made this somewhat hard to spot.

>SJW tattoos

Attached: 1544007178701.jpg (464x618, 32K)

Really developer brilliance though, OD's boss room acts as a checkpoint before Miriam fights the true final bosses and leaves the castle forever. Return the books before OD and his library returns to the demon dimension, or else.

I've only played SotN, is this worth buying?

>Brings up unfinished game
>In a bloodstained thread

Goddamn, it feels like half the game is unfinished

The entire zone is reused rooms, only got a handful in that image. I think they disguised it pretty well since they were short on time.

Yes.

Welcome to games "made" by Igarashi.

Hardly. OoE is generally very well recieved

>OoE is generally very well recieved
Ever since it came out, I've only seen criticisms of it.
You can argue that its critical and commercial failure are why Castlevania was shifted to be 3d by Konami, and then immediately died because of it.

At least it had new enemies

it's time to draw miriam

as if it wasn't bad enough that the second half of the game is all caves
>the huge as fuck underground waterway
>hidden desert
>inferno cave
>first half of oriental sorcery lab
>glacial tomb

Attached: 1563573918856.png (1051x565, 264K)

Wait for a sale and dont buy it on switch

>something done for the first time in a videogame 20 years ago is the same as a game that had a funding goal of making the biggest castle yet
Also if you're thinking people didn't complain about the inverted castle 20 years ago, you need to shut the fuck up.
Bloodstained's final areas are copypaste bullshit because they got lazy.

How does Miriam carry all those weapons and armors?

i remember it getting bashed pretty hard for being linear back in the day. going back to it now it's understandable. the level design is especially uncreative in that one.

Pathetic

When it came out, the criticisms were that it was extremely linear unlike the other portable games at the time and that enemies were damage sponges, which they are.

It was a critical success and many critics of the time praised the increased difficulty (before the time journalists became a bunch of nonces)

Comercially i'm not sure how they compare

>It was a critical success
>30/40 on famitsu
I've never seen a game rated that low. And if you're saying to trust 2009 IGN, you're nuts.

>Hardly. OoE is generally very well recieved

Attached: press X to doubt.png (2847x1412, 1.94M)

>Comercially i'm not sure how they compare
OOE sold 100K, I dunno how the prior IGA games sold though.

anyone know if theres a way for me to maintain bunny girl transformation indefinitely? ways to get insane mana regen?

>enemies were damage sponges, which they are.
it kinda defeated the whole point of using two weapons in quick succession since the stamina bar drained so quickly. with all the waiting for it to fill up you might as well have just continued the slower attacks from the previous games.

They usually sold around a million, which would be impressive in the 90s but those numbers became meaningless on the DS.

Craft and drink every juice.

>it kinda defeated the whole point of using two weapons in quick succession since the stamina bar drained so quickly
I was actually waiting for a response, and while thinking it over I did consider that it was to "balance" out her faster attack speed. But you're 100% correct, the stamina bar nullifies that.
Jesus fuck, OoE is just a mess of broken or discarded design decisions.
>make a game about exploration but it's almost 100% linear
>make a game about attacking fast, but you have to stop after three seconds
>make a game about various elemental resistances, but the only meaningful improvement is a literal +1000 upgrade for each stat
>make a game about having quests, but every questgiver but two essentially ask you to go kill 30+ of an enemy, either to kill that many of said enemy or to get an item that has a 2% chance of dropping
>make a game about fusing attacks, but the fusions cost a ton to use, and the only worthwhile variants are just "two of the same attack so it's bigger" or "the same attack but on fire"
Fuck that game. People only remember it because it stars Juicy Backfetish Gothlady.

it worked! thanks

Which is why I equate it more with Simon's Quest.

If one thing could be changed, I would have all the areas be properly interconnected like in SQ. The stage select can be kept as a fast-travel method, but when walking from, say, the misty road to the skeleton cave, the transition should be instant and without any redundant menu popping up in between.

It's true. That's how I've always thought of it.
It's just a Simon's Quest remake.
>a fucking porn game did Simon's Quest better than Shanoa did

Any tips for nightmare? I'm at Valac now but everything takes so long to kill and kills me in 2 hits. How to deal with this?

i hated the fusion attacks too. they were way too expensive and were only marginally stronger than regular attacks. it was a missed opportunity to make them powerful since it would making killing the otherwise damage sponge bosses satisfyingly quick if you were skilled enough to hit them.

Are you maintaining a healthy diet?

RANK UP SILVER KNIGHT
He will fucking save your ass innumerable amounts of times. A lot of people don't know this.

his AI seems kinda dumb

>miriam
>diet
Miriam exists to scarf down pizzas, ice cream, and aradia's milk with strawberry syrup.

Does Nightmare really just turn everything into damage sponges?
The sell of any good Vania game for me was that everything died in 1-5 hits but they could hit like a truck.

Well metacritic says its better reviewed than most of the other igavanias.

But you have to run a New Game+ to get its Grade maxed.

>metacritic for a game from 2009
You're either talking about Konami's paid 2009 critic reviews or metacritic's nonexistant 2009 fan reviews where only people in the modern day who liked it would go back and vote positively for it while everyone else doesn't bother.

Attached: miriam 10.png (1000x1000, 257K)

encrypted orchid is one of the best choices, especially when fully upgraded.

The only data i can find is vgcharts (lol) that say it sold better than most of the other games

Nah not really, you can become OP and oneshot everything on Nightmare too.

Attached: 123.webm (400x224, 2.89M)

How far through am I? I just got Silver Bromide.

In NG? not NG+ fresh file

Yeah, that clip is NG.

Nearly 50%.

Fisticuffs like cestus most likely

They feel like dmg sponges because your level is capped at 1 so your attack/int is low as fuck.

You can always dismantle it and get the coin back

bows, you can charge up shots to add damage and range or just fire slower moving projectiles quickly

you could even have variants with poison, ice, fire and explosive

ok ty that actually helps a ton

Can alchemic bounty multiply cooking?

Attached: 1562704103824.png (1500x2142, 2.1M)

Yes, I think.

Yes. Once you max it out and then wear it on top of the skill shard, you can get x5 multipliers very often in both cooking and crafting. Start farming gold.

Cute. But also smug.

How'd you dodge his first sword strike?

Invincibility frames from the rapier technique.

Attached: Dodge Lasting Wound.webm (960x540, 1.84M)

I think they probably planned on doing a "reverse" of every past area, but then ran out of time at number 2. lmao

>July 21, 2019
>still no switch patch
wtf

It's okay. The switch version is pretty bad though.

Is rapier the best weapon?

I finally got grade 9 8-bit flame. That was actually some comfy grinding

No way. Guns, Rhava Velar and Katanas are better.

I had to kill that boss like 20 times to get the shard, but it was chill luckly. Speedrunning through the level and just wiping the boss with a 2h

I want to touch Miriam's horns

That's exactly what I did, I used Eternal Blue, the strongest greatsword, with Red Remembrance at 400 health out of 2000 (the fire hazards really help getting health down), so all I had to do was accelerator through the level in 20 seconds and stand right in front of the overlord and hit him about 7 times. Killed him over and over again before he could do anything, and it took me about an hour and a half. I think I kill him about 200 times in all

autism

They are actually an accessory and not part of her

Yeah, I used Eternal Blue as well, I didn't use much 2h, but that weapon just wreck him. Getting good at the firedodging was fun too.

Attached: 0d2707a0093ebe03b73d0f1b8ee82e3a_original.jpg (639x850, 110K)