Secret World

anyone still play this? did you stop at a certain point? which faction?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 28K)

It was annoying for me because it has no FPS cap, my old pc overheats like crazy and closes. I really wanted to get into it.

^tosser

I have a character right now thats in Transylvania. The grindy cash grab mechanics are awful, but the game itself is very unique for an MMO. Im casual but I enjoy it for what it is. I have no interest in raiding or end game so I will just enjoy the ride

How did you like Egypt?

Everyone hates egypt but I liked it, I mostly just think the start is bad. Also city of the sun god is hard to get around, which Im sure annoys most. There are some memorable missions and I like the atmosphere at parts, its just different than Kingsmouth. Less horror, more like an action movie. Also I think ancient egypt is cool. It is the weakest of the three Ive played though, solomon island and transylvania are clearly better.

It probably aped Indiana Jones a little too much.
Is Transylvania actually better? I got to Besieged Farmlands and thought it was pretty awful, with the ruined warzone full of vampire mercs. Do the other areas have less of that?

I stopped because my old PC broke and I'm posting on a craptop. Sure, this one could handle it but it's pretty jarring to play on 10fps and Transylvania bummed me out a bit. I effectively petered out in Egypt due to the side quests, and then I disregarded the sidequests entirely in Transylvania. I liked the twist though.

Shadowy forest which is the next area is better in my opinion, the beseiged farmlands can also be annoying to move around in. I kinda liked the vampires though, with the slav post soviet aesthetic, even if their missions were annoying. What areas did you like up until then?

Played right up until near when they changed everything and rereleased it, then my PC died and I never bothered to get back into it. Tokyo was just awesome even if the new shield system they introduced was fucking shit

>anyone still play this?
It's still installed on my computer. I keep meaning to go back to it, but I'm not going to bother without a sub and I'm not going to sub until I'm through most other games I've installed.
The meager F2P daily quest limit is too meager for getting the achievements or quickly grinding to solo dungeons.

>did you stop at a certain point?
At Transylvania at the moment.

>which faction?
Templar because fucking whatever.
Not like it matters. The lore of the game seems to want you to go for Illuminati or Dragon, but the actual player actions are upfront Templar.

Stopped playing when it became Legends, really ruined the quests and class system. Still mad about it.

Attached: 15536268610.jpg (1300x866, 104K)

stop buying used garbage you dumb faggot

Elaborate. I agree but I wish there was more discussion

Dumb nigger I've had this for 10 years. And fuck your game.

I hate MMO combat, or I would have played the entire thing.

I'm bought grand master for TSW so I'm basically a patron for life in SWL too. Story-wise I don't have any content left, there's only completing the museum and obscure achievements now which will take forever since I'm only doing raids once a week now.

This game is dead, the 2nd Anniversary last month was a mess and there won't be any new content ever. The reboot was a mistake, like everyone told Funcom from the start, but they never listen.

Can you tell Funcom to make some games in the setting that AREN'T walking sims? That would be awesome.

Egypt really suffers in Legends too. You spend far too long in the first area.

Funcom badly combined the main Egypt story and the expansion missions that should be played after the main story in Transylvania. Rather than just letting you enter city of the sun god when you're meant to, they put a stupid shield up and make you double back to do the expansion. It makes sense plot-wise at that point in the main story, and has a pretty radical shift in theme before suddenly going back to the original main plot.

They fucked it up so much, one of the cutscenes during that section still mentions you already defeating the main boss of the main story in Egypt

It's actually really interesting for about 10-20 hours. Once you get to Egypt people tend to quit because it just isn't as cool of a setting as that first chapter. Mobs also started slowing you down more and more as you progressed through the story.

It wouldn't have been an issue if I could get people to play it. Problem is the 3 subscribers left from the original got butthurt over it going free to play so they shitpost EVERY SINGLE THREAD until it was deleted. Hiding the cool parts with "they ruined the combat by making it too easy!" when the combat KILLED the game in the first place. They made mobs less absurdly tanky at the cost of build variety so if you had crew you could run through all the shitty parts of the game and get to the investigation and plot heavy quests. It wasn't even PTW because the enjoyment comes from the storylines and investigation quests.

tl;dr if you got a pal or two you can go through the "kill X zombies" quests really quick and enjoy the stories and puzzles. Some of the cutscenes are really well written too. Who gives a fuck about the loss of the class system.

It’s such a shame. TSW was a great little niche mmo and they had to ruin everything with Legends. Besides, it didn’t gain them new players and only alienated the playerbase.

It's just gonna come off as a half-baked Call of Duty or a shittily made Dead By Daylight clone. Which is really sad, because I'm pretty sure that the stories will be awesome regardless of the genre.

The 3 are butthurt because Legends was a big middle finger to them. Not only was it resources used to attract new players instead of producing new content for the old playerbase, it also made old players lose all their progress in the game and removed content from the base game.

So you admit it was just 3 vindictive people that would rather the game shutdown than bring new people in. "They ruined the combat!" when everyone knows the combat was the absolute, most godawful dogshit in any MMO ever.

Other reasons why Legends is bad I'll listen to but saying that making the combat quick and easy, except for maybe some high level lairs nobody ever does, was a bad thing is just lunacy. All that build variety didn't mean shit when you went up against nothing but the most basic, damage sponge enemies ever seen in an MMO.

I had a really good time going through it casually, filling out the wheel and coming up with new builds organically. I tried SWL but with totally flat ability progression it just felt boring to go through all the same content again.

My favourite was a really fun Manifestation build that vaporized everything by beefing up Chain abilities with just about every flat-damage-on-hit passive I could find and also purged buffs every second or so. I think I had Blood passives spamming mini shields or HoTs or something as I Chain Lightning and Lightning Manifestation'ed everything to death, too. With the rework there's none of that sense of organically working out what abilities work well together and creating your own build, or adapting it to the content currently giving you trouble. I loved how many options there were there with the clever keyword-based synergy system, even if the actual combat was otherwise indistinct from any other tab-target MMO.

I did find some of the investigation solutions frustrating. I always tried to work out the "proper" solution rather than looking it up or guessing, so it was annoying how some of them you HAD to guess in the end. I remember the last part of that Stephen King quest where the clue was that the guy used his favourite ISBN codes for passcodes - I spend half an hour trying to find something that told me which specific one of his favourite books it was and which four digits to choose, and felt incredibly cheated when it turned out the actual solution was "just try four-digit segments of each of his four favourite books until one is right".