Smash Ultimate DLC

This is your Capcom Rep, and you all know it

Attached: Phoenix_Wright_Trilogy_Art-0.png (310x450, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18351416
strawpoll.me/18346830/
strawpoll.me/18351421
youtube.com/watch?v=0z9ygWEwK8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=A3Ppj87ma1Q
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19472.msg1252539.html#msg1252539
twitter.com/UNTIESWORLD/status/1147796417823383552
gematsu.com/2019/05/touhou-hyoibana-antinomy-of-common-flowers-coming-to-switch
strawpoll.me/18345258/r
strawpoll.me/18337609/r
youtube.com/watch?v=C2Y7Iz-ePOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And here’s the assist trophy

Attached: 406E1DDC-4278-4E32-97CB-293DE5477FEC.jpg (742x1024, 84K)

>implying

Attached: no time for resting.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

based

Oh boy, this was a hot take.

Attached: nickmaya.png (552x337, 42K)

maybe next time, Leon.

Also, nice hair.

Attached: nickyboy.gif (960x640, 427K)

it'll be nobody we expect. the more you publicize your character, the lower their chances get because Sakurai wants to surprise you

Attached: DqwxT0UXcAEb3f9.jpg (936x527, 66K)

This, most of the time anyway.

>implying Dragon Quest wasn't the most obvious pick ever

does sakurai frequent Yea Forums?

You can thank the mega obvious datamine for that.

Attached: chibi.gif (191x184, 262K)

yep. he ctrl-F's through the archives every day. he's got printouts of doomguy and reimu on his office wall with knives thrown at them.

how salty are smashfags gonna be when it's Dante?

Attached: 1560526310896.gif (150x150, 189K)

No I was saying I was shocked that it wasn't on the base roster levels of obvious, even before the datamines it was a no brainer

NARUHODO? MORE LIKE NARU OH NO! KYS LAWYERFAGS HE WILL NEVER BE IN

Attached: 1563675700486.gif (256x192, 3K)

I cannot wait for the day when Phoenix Wright fags get blown the fuck out.
This DLC season has made me absolutely despise these fucks and the series they parade so much.
Fuck Phoenix Wright, and fuck Ace Attorney.

very, good luck lad

sorry you are feeling that way. but Ace Attorney is great and you should play it.

>play

No, fuck you people and fuck your franchise.
I despise you, all of you.
Not even Steve fags did this shit to me. I can still enjoy Minecraft, even after all of their bullshit. Ace Attorney is forever ruined for me. I hope you people are blown the fuck out in the worse way possible.

BanjoBro here, anyone besides Phoenix Wright is good in my book

Phoenix is a lawyer who had a shitty moveset in a good at best fighting game

Whoever doesn't like Phoenix Wright, you have my support 100%

Attached: 20190708_004452.jpg (1593x1078, 704K)

I know he has no chance, but I've always wanted Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins

Attached: Arthur.jpg (300x354, 21K)

Based bear, a pussy lawyer should stick to exploiting the legal system to get murderers scot free, leave the actual fighting to the real men.

Pheonix versus Leon are rising as the next Steve versus Banjo, and I don't like it.

Attached: detective_pikachu.jpg (880x480, 69K)

where is this coming from holy shit this is gold

Attached: calisto.gif (256x192, 144K)

>getting this mad about fiction
Get a life

Keep laughing

GUH HUH

Keep in mind that there were some who though Steve was a lock until Banjo was revealed. I personally think that there might not be a Capcom rep at all.

Because Square-Enix wants that cut of the DLC pie.
It took a lot of effort from Sakurai just to get Cloud in the base roster.

>I personally think that there might not be a Capcom rep at all.
Same here, the next months should be interesting.

I would only be salty if his moveset isn't balls-to-the-wall crazy.

The difference is that the Steve support started out as ironic.
There are actual Phoenix and Leon fans.

But do you ever notice how most people who want Leon, or just Resident Evil representation in general, mainly keep a level head an can actually show you evidence of why Resident Evil should be in Smash, how it could work, as well as the history Resident Evil has with Nintendo?
Meanwhile, Phoenix Wright fags constantly make posts like the OP of this thread, claiming him 100% in, and an undeniable lock. He was in Marvel vs. Capcom as a gag character. All Phoenix Wright ever does is point and yell "objection!" If you really think there is potential to make an actual fighter out of that you're delusional. It's an incredibly niche franchise, even more-so than Banjo-Kazooie that barely gets out of Japan as of late, and who's popularity mainly comes from meme reaction faces and "Objection!" You cannot compare Phoenix to Banjo, no matter the mental gymnastics which these fuckers try to put you through, all the damn time.
They day they get kicked in the fucking head by reality is the day Smash threads become even 1% better.

>Leon
>Trite
Heh, there's only one Capcom character who's getting in...

Attached: ammy_shocked.gif (448x274, 916K)

Excuse me, but what the fuck did they do that Stevefags didn't to ruin it for you

Attached: 1563199648237.jpg (627x502, 43K)

F in the chat for you man. That shit sucks, just fight back as hard you can

I think this might be the case
Bandaid Namco is probably gonna get a character to accompany PAC MAN

what

>he thinks there will be a FOURTH Capcom rep
Are you cunts never satisfied?

>tfw nobody but me even considers Nightmare for Bamco rep
why

Attached: file.png (1600x1200, 1.6M)

You're making stuff up for the purposes of shitfling. Fuck off. If you want to be autistic spend some time making a creepy CG render of one of the characters, would at least be entertaining.

sakurai doesn't care what company they come from
he cares about the character
honestly, why does everyone compare Capcom characters to each other?

Link is already a SC rep.

Attached: sonic_default.gif (205x210, 221K)

I would love it but I'm honestly expecting Heihachi. Sakurai is not above those kinds of generic crossover picks, he put in Ryu afterall. The novelty came from carrying over the mechanics.

>being a rulefag in the year 2019

>Heihachi
Someone redpill me on him, he's always seemed so boring to me.

I just want to say that I would be pretty happy if Pheonix Wright got in, liked his games, and would be cool to see him as a lethal joke character in smash bros.

Attached: Dong Dance.gif (256x200, 53K)

because they want to make others believe their character is more qualified. I'd be happy with Dante or Leon personally, but all the shitstorm Phoenix has been stirring lately really made my day. So I'm happy to contribute to it.

Attached: homelessnick.gif (256x192, 102K)

That would be awesome, he is just one of the few characters I really wanted that hasn't been deconfirmed, so I'm very hopeful, plus seeing everybody's reactions in one way or another has been very entertaining

Basically he's a giant asshole.

>mfw both Leon and Phoenix take up the last 2 DLC spots

Attached: 1482974413755.jpg (192x216, 9K)

Attached: noice.png (146x151, 5K)

I would honestly be okay with that, Its not like I don't want leon to be in, just Phoenix is my most wanted

He's the only necessary addition that's still missing

Attached: crash_for_smash_switch_by_elemental_aura-dc5q5d3.jpg (1200x1000, 353K)

Incineroar clone

nobody fucking cares
sega has 3 franchises, capcom can damn well have 3 too

Stop projecting. My character is already in, so I don't have a horse in this race at all. I'd just rather not see Smash become Nintendo vs Capcom.

why exactly is that a bad thing? capcom's got some awesome properties.

FUCK YOU

Attached: 1325750296826t-2.jpg (1024x768, 110K)

I’m glad to see others are taking the Maya-pill

Attached: 914B6D7C-927A-4C7B-8C83-C6796C7F30A1.jpg (820x1063, 171K)

>Dante
>Leon
>PW
>Amaterasu
too many good choices

Leon being in isn't enough for me, it's only a win if Phoenix isn't in.

I’d be down for a fighter’s pass with just these characters. Just add Viewtiful Joe and we’d have us a fine little Capcom Pass

Even if that's a swordman
I wouldn't mind it
It looks cool as fuck

Why did anyone ever believe the Google theory? Are rosterfagging threads lowering our collective IQ? Artorias alone debunked the entire thing.

Attached: band.jpg (300x168, 11K)

hating swordsmen is a dumb meme.
we have too many elegant fencers, guys with giant-ass swords or more realistic swordfighting styles are still fair game imo.

People that believed that horseshit obviously didn't play Dark Souls. Artorias is lore-critical but he's far from the most prominent character. Even Gwyn would make more sense, he's at least the final boss. The rep would obviously be Chosen Undead (with maaaybe a solaire alt a la alph)

Part of me feels like, if Bamco gets a Fighters Pass rep, that Yea Forums is sleeping on the possibility of Idolmaster.

Calling Geno.
Come in Geno, this is the star road. Geno do you read me!?
"This is Geno responding, read you loud and clear!"
Geno, the world needs your help! "On the way!"

GENO!!!

THE WORLD'S GREATEST SUPER HERO, NOW THE WORLDS GREATEST TOY!!

GENO HAS IT ALL! CAN SURVIVE GREAT FALLS USING HIS BUILT IN GENO BOOST!!

KARATE CHOP ACTION! "HIYAAH!"

GUN ARM THAT SHOOTS PULSATING LAZERS!! "TOTAL ANNIHILATION!!"

MULTIPHRASE VOICE SIMULATOR!! "i serve a higher authority!"

AND BEST OF ALL, CAN STAND AND WALK ON HIS OWN (not an artificial intelligence toy)

GET YOUR GENO ACTON FIGURE NOW AND SAVE THE WORLD AND THE GALAXY NEAR YOU!!!

GENO!!!

available at Rose Town's toy outlets in the mushroom kingdom.

Attached: geno new.png (894x894, 721K)

can you IMAGINE the salt

what the fuck did you just fucking say about me you little bitch?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (640x418, 76K)

Second round of voting is done with a little over 300 hopefully real :^) voters tallied up. Doom Guy and Reimu hold on to their leads, underdog Phoenix pulls ahead beating out Crash with a very slight lead leaving him the only Capcom rep left. Here is the final 4 from the polls I was running in the earlier threads (along with our runner ups)

Please pick two from these top 4. After it gets enough votes, we'll have our top two most wanted characters for the remaining two slots decided. Even if your guy's been knocked out, be sure to vote for whoever you 'would' like among these four.
strawpoll.me/18351416
strawpoll.me/18351416

1. Doom Slayer (Doom) 151 (23%)
2. Reimu Hakurei (Touhou) 110 (16%)
3. Geno (Super Mario RPG) 94 (14%)
4. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) 88 (13%)
5. Crash (Crash Bandicoot) 84 (13%)
6. Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) 59 (9%)
7. Jill Valentine / Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil) 51 (8%)
8. Bandana Dee (Kirby) 32 (5%)

Additional poll for the bottom 8 of first round:
strawpoll.me/18346830/
Additional poll for the bottom 4 of second round:
strawpoll.me/18351421

Attached: rosterpoll3.png (1800x1200, 3.82M)

>Crossover appearance with Kirby
>Bandai Namco has experience with the Touhou series
>Bandai Namco also made remixes of Touhou music
youtube.com/watch?v=0z9ygWEwK8Y
>Bandai Namco also has licenses to Touhou fan music
youtube.com/watch?v=A3Ppj87ma1Q
>Touhou is a pop culture phenomenon in Japan with two major conventions every year
>Sega and Nintendo sold arrange CDs at Reitaisai
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19472.msg1252539.html#msg1252539
>ZUN had officially given Nintendo a license, allowing Band Brothers players to upload music based on all Team Shanghai Alice albums
>3 Touhou fangames and an official spin-off is coming to Switch fairly soon
twitter.com/UNTIESWORLD/status/1147796417823383552
gematsu.com/2019/05/touhou-hyoibana-antinomy-of-common-flowers-coming-to-switch

I'm thinking she's got a fairly good chance of being in.

Attached: taikonotatsujin3ds3.webm (1280x720, 1.55M)

ew

Attached: 1533264082733.jpg (244x295, 8K)

How would you design his stage? The most obvious location is the courtroom, but how would that work? Platforms on the benches?

Something about a Soul Calibur rep came across me. Didn’t Sakurai say the reason Heihachi isn’t playable is simply because it’d be difficult to translate the way he plays into Smash or something along those lines? And what came across me is, wouldn’t that same thing also apply to Soul Calibur being 3D fighting game and all?

Is there a particular reason why Wright is suddenly first out of nowhere? Is it just dumb IP spamming?

You tell me.

Attached: Annotation.png (994x545, 55K)

No it's not. That would be good, and it is apparent that that is not the direction they are taking with Ultimate

He seems to be generally one of the most popular out of the feasible candidates left

I voted him too, but you biased it by posting the poll in a thread about Phoenix

This screenshot was taken from another thread that was completely unrelated to Phoenix though.
More power to them for IP spamming I guess.

For all other polls before this one it was Doomguy>Reimu>Geno>Wright. Now Wright is first for some reason.

Got any of those polls? I have a real hard time believing that Geno beats anyone nowadays. Reimu is a stretch, too.

strawpoll.me/18345258/r
strawpoll.me/18337609/r
Smashfags were always crazy over Geno and Doomguy and Reimu are very popular here

I honestly believe this to be the case because we got Ken.

desu it's probably that one guy who tried to hijack the poll again. He's clearly autistic enough to do that.

when the fuck are we getting geno
we got all the other never evers

Square is probably never letting him happen desu.

>Smashfags will jump to the "HE'S ANOTHER ANIME SWORDFIGHTER" excuse despite never having played his games or even taking a look at his moveset, since it'd probably include Style swapping
I don't think Dante has a chance, but I want it to happen just for the reaction.

Attached: Dante with Monster.jpg (1277x725, 390K)

Attached: gi6cr0k0jlb31.jpg (600x849, 54K)

I truly hope for him in Smash. He's practically perfect for it.

>Neutral Special: Present
Phoenix throws evidence he gathered with his Down B at his opponent. When he doesn't have any evidence, he will present his Attorney's Badge instead, which only does 1% damage.
>Side Special: Luminol Spray
Similar to Piranha Plant Side B. Phoenix sprays the luminol on the enemy, which will turn white for severals seconds. If you hit him, you get more knockback than usual.
>Up Special: Stepladder
Phoenix summons a stepladder, scales up it, and leaps off. On the ground, it can be knocked to either side for massive damage.
>Down Special: Proof Seek
Phoenix lowers to the ground, where it can find Proofs. Proofs change in damage. He can store up to 3 proofs.
>Final Smash: You are Guilty!
Basically Phoenix saying "It's clear that the murderer... is you!". It would be cool if it changed based on some characters, like villains (K. Rool, Ridley...) with a special dialogue.
>Side Smash: Objection!
You know it.
>Up Smash: Examine (Take That!)
The blue quadrant from the series spawns over your head and deals damage. Vertical direction changes based on charge.
>Down Smash: Desk Slamming (Hold it!)
Phoenix spawns a desk and pounds on it, damaging both sides but not the ground.
>Forward Air: Sneeze
Literally a sneeze. Discrete hitbox.
>Back Air: Spiky Hair
Phoenix tilts his head behind him, dealing heavy damage to the opponent. Very precise hitbox.
>Down Air: Suitcase
Phoenix throws a hard blow with his suitcase. It can spike.
>Up Air: Point to the sky!
Phoenix points his finger into the sky.
>Jab: Similar to luigi dash attack in some way. He's not a fighter after all.
>Dash attack: He moves forward beating a paper. Not strong hits, probably a combo starter.

He has throws with magatamas only.
Taunts are Maya, maybe Athena and Apollo.

Attached: phoenix.jpg (600x444, 36K)

>tfw i'm like the only one who thinks a moveset based on his umvc3 version would be cool

I mean of course it'd be cool, but it's done already

what kind of nerd would you have to be to get salty about dante

youtube.com/watch?v=C2Y7Iz-ePOg