What's a game where the old and strong beats the young and weak?

What's a game where the old and strong beats the young and weak?

Attached: [email protected] (621x414, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fcC9_cqy2L8
youtu.be/ADOgjevCMDk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pokemon

didn't paquiao get knocked out by that one mexican that Floyd money embarrased? How embarrassing

Pacquiao is the undeniable GOAT.

Pacquiao is a can

Most Metal Gear games

Pacq was a good fighter for his time but he was a featherweight and was already past his prime when he challenged Floyd. Floyd meanwhile is a heavyweight and a technical fighter who knows how the game is scored so he doesn't even try to do anything but rack up points so he wins by decision every time.

An absolutely great fighter like prime time tyson would've knocked him on his ass with sheer bullrush power, but Pacquiao never had a chance no matter how much we all wanted to see someone bust Mayweathers stupid face

How can he do it? why is he so good?

He lands his punches and works out

He looked pretty average in all honesty its just the other guy is coming off a 2 year lay off and this is only his 2nd fight since like 2016. He used to be elite back when he was properly active and he was the last guy to unify the division till his 2nd belt got stripped from him for inactivity to due an injury which contributed to his 2 year lay off.

Well I mean, Pacquiao is not at his prime at all, but if he was it would be a total massacre, his speed was amazing, is still impressive that he can beat younger opponents by sheer power of experience alone.

What exactly is the "Prime" age of a boxer? I'm pretty sure I heard some user say that 40 is "ancient" in boxing.

No it was not a 2 year lay off, the Josesito fight was the one coming off a layoff, he was not rusty anymore for this fight.
A 40 year old Pac is just better than Thurman.

Honestly, I'm more willing to give Thurman the win over Bradley and especially Horn in their respective victories. At least Thurman actually gave Pacquiao trouble around the halfway point.

Around 25~30 sounds about right, experienced yet full of energy.

Will Mummahmed Ali ever be surpassed?

Jesus, that's a sheer cliff. Boxing really takes its toll, huh.

Isn't any sports usually the same thing? After 30 most athletes tend to slowdown

He's overrated as a fighter but in terms of cultural impact? Never.

Julio Cesar Chaves was close.

Most Sports behave like that.
Football (soccer) peak is like 22-28.

>Floyd
>Heavyweight
what?

You also have to consider the number of matches. Those eventually take toll on a boxer's body.

Yeah, sounds about right. Late 20s/early 30s was around the time he had some of his biggest victories like the round 2 KO on Hatton.

Try watching boxing more before making retarded posts like this. Anyone with a braincell can see he was rusty in the ring. A typical boxer would need 2-3 warm up fights to get get up to their previous level (if they still have the capability for it) after a 2 year layoff. You can't go from being inactive for 2 years to a championship level fight with just 1 fight in between. That first fight for Thurman was nearly a loss and it showed how rusty he was and sparring a lot doesn't remove that rust in preparation for a big fight like the one he just had.

No it's not it's 27-32

No in boxing the vast majority of title holders really hit their stride in their late 20s to their mid 30s.

>imagine being rusty as fuck but still taking on a fucking legend
The absolute madman.

Is box any good for a manlet? Which martial arts are good, if there any.
I feel like its only useful if you're tall but maybe this site fucked my mind

If you're a manlet, learn judo

I do watch plenty of boxing, Thurman performed as good as he could have, I've watched a shit load of his fights.
You just think he looks rusty because of how badly he was hurt.

If you are a manlet just punch them on the dick and run, is a 100% effective fighting style.

fuck off TMT shill, other than Mayweather is there a bigger fraud in all sports

Attached: 18-1.jpg (348x512, 34K)

Isn't that frowned upon, like sucker punching?

>A heavyweight would have knocked Mayweather out
Do you have any other fantastic insights by chance?

Your height is not an issue, it depends on your build, if you have really short arms for your size, that is a bad thing to have but since it's all broken down by weight, height is not really the issue.

He was over confident in his fitness + any mind set he set himself in going into the fight got wiped out as soon as he got knocked down in the first round. He even said at the end of the fight and just now in his press conference that he can see his conditioning and punch output wasn't as good as it should have been and manny was simply in better condition than he was and he needs to try and work on raising his output numbers. After a lay off you lose that refinement around the edges which is why tune ups are absolutely necessary (or preferably simply being active in general instead of taking years long breaks). Look at Tyson fury in his tune up fights after 2 years he looked complete garbage but look at his last fight and he completely obliterated the guy out of there.

Who cares, if they frown upon you just punch them on the dick too.

You clearly don't if you think 1 fight is enough to get rid of ring rust before a championship level fight after a 2 year lay off. Compare thurman against garcia and porter to the Thurman who fought just now and you'll see a massive disparity in his movement and punch output. Porter is 10x more aggressive than manny yet Thurman managed to easily block his punches and counter him with solid punches, something he struggled with today for the most part. Thurman isn't anywhere near back to his best yet.

He beat him because Floyd likes to pick on smaller fighters, Marquez and Pacquiao are naturally multiple weight classes smaller than Mayweather.
And Pac still won the fight but the US is full of corruption and brainwashing.
youtube.com/watch?v=fcC9_cqy2L8

Attached: mayweather-vs-manny-pacquiao.jpg (730x487, 45K)

>when people have no idea what the fuck they're saying

Boxing works quite well for a manlet since you're shorter every direct straight and jab you throw would be considered an uppercut since you're attacking from a lower height without showing the telegraph motion of an uppercut.

Once again, you only think that because how badly he was hurt, but he was also hurt plenty of times against Porter too.
His hand speed, defense, foot movement are prime Thurman, Garicia is a flat footed fighter, Porter leans in and when he attacks shows no defense which is why Thurman hurt Porter quite a few times.
Pacquiao has better offense and defense than both those guys, why the fuck are you pretending that either of those guys are on the level of Pac?
You know why? Because you need to make up excuses as to why Thurman lost, you can't except the fact that Thurman is not as good as Pac, even an old Pac.

At the time when May fought mex they were both in contention to be p4p number 1 in the sport. Mexican guy moved up two weight divisions to fight mayweather. Anyone that knows anything about boxing knew that he would lose. Moving up one weight division is tough but two whole weight divisions from one fight to the next is damn near impossible

Mayweather is literally the best boxer(skill-wise) in the history of the sport. Also, as a Bostonfag, Tom Brady is literally there best QB ever. Fuck off with your communist bullshit.

>that commentator sperging out after the decision
kek

>I have small white dick
Fixed. Sooooooooooooooooo 18-1hurt enjoy your tainted championships

Attached: Cheaties.jpg (457x640, 217K)

Roy Jones Jr. in his prime was the best boxer to ever live

youtu.be/ADOgjevCMDk

It's more like fuck off, because he's literally the greatest QB to ever grace the sport faggot. Stick to soccer.

That's a weird way of spelling Ricardo "El Finito" Lopez.

Marquez sacrificed his already aging body to transform his physique for a one-punch KO style that accented his dangerous counter punch acumen. He was never the same or as active after and soon retired after failing to even knock down Mike Alvarado who should have been tailor made for him. He wanted to beat Pacquiao before he hung them up THAT badly.

if he is so great why did he choke a perfect season, checkmate disgusting bandwagoner

Attached: Eli_Manning_Ocho_Tom_Brady.jpg (507x671, 145K)

No you're the one making an excuse that this is some prime Thurman and all he could give when anyone who watches boxing knows it wasn't the Thurman of 2 years ago and even the fucking commentators like Lennox lewis said so about him looking rusty. Thurman of 2 years ago was a beast and beat 2 of the top 5 ranked guys in the division to unify it and did it with style and entertainment. He himself said his conditioning wasn't as good as mannys in retrospect and he admitted he should have had more fights after the lay off in his press conference just now. The fact thurman managed to land more punches at a higher percentage than manny shows the ability is there he was lacking in his usual movement and pressure and didn't have the ring initiative he used to have. That's something you can only gain back from actual ring experience, again something he's had once in 2 fucking years. The stats show thurman is as good, if not better than manny. He just didn't do it in a way which was eye catching for the judges. By watching the fight you probably wouldn't even realise he was out boxing manny yet he was but wasn't throwing in eye catching flurries like manny did.

Marquez was roided for the Pac-Man fight and we all know it. It was still fantastic seeing Pacquiao on the canvas like that, but let's not kid ourselves.

>babyweight fighers
nah

manlets usually have the most amount of skill in combat sports even if they aren't as exiting to watch. Just look at Mighty Mouse in mma

>best postseason record ever
>most td passes in the playoffs
>3rd sp mvp
>comeback machine
>most completions EVER(fuck Peyton)
>6 time AFC champ
>4 fucking sb rings

Brady is the GOAT

*meant knock out Alvardo

Jones was 50 pounds heavier and still had faster hands in his prime

>has to be carried and coddled by the NFL commisioner to win games
you lose again disgusting bandwagoner

Attached: thetruth.png (1912x1029, 253K)

My ass he landed more punches, he landed fewer and less effective punches.
Fuck off with compubox, that is not any kind of objective standard often backwards to what actually happened it's just people pressing a button as best as they can see to see if a punch landed.
And when he said his conditioning wasn't as good as Pacquiao, how the fuck is he supposed to know that type of thing, Pacqiuao was gassed in the middle rounds, and he wasn't.
It was only when Pacquiao hurt him was he unable to fight much barbecue he's hurt.
As for the wins against Garcia and Porter, you need to rewatch them if you think he did them in style.

Hey fags on this anonymous video game image board.How do I become the next big boxer in popular culture? I'm talking being a household name.
I already box at my local gym and spar every week with professionals. I hold my own quite well. I'm a heavyweight so I got that going for me.
Tell me the secrets of how to get to the top.

Attached: 1562859284405.png (304x346, 93K)

Attached: E31E6BD1-793E-496C-BAEB-B0D4B02B3047.jpg (480x270, 20K)

Get yourself on social media so there are eyes on you. If you look good enough someone will reach out.

Any pro athlete competing after 30 is a miracle.

Coddled? Nah, get real dude, he will go down as the best QB of all time. He doesn't pay my bills, nor do I really care about football, but he's the GOAT. Boxing is my jam and yes, Mayweather is better than Ali.

I think the roids harmed his style or he just got old. He started taking way too many chances and threw caution to the wind. He used to be cold, collected counter puncher.

>listening to the worthless opinion of a tool
enjoy your 18-1hurt forever

Attached: nochampniggers.jpg (350x231, 21K)

Be extremely good, have the charisma of Ali or Tyson and be exciting to watch.

Easy peasy.

Steroids has a tendency to cause leg cramps, which Pac would experience rather frequently. Not only did he juice, but he would cut back on his roadwork due to muscle cramps.

Cope retard.
And boxers can tell the difference between the conditioning of themselves and their opponent. Jesus christ at least you're not even pretending you don't know shit about boxing. Don't @ me again moron.

Attached: download_1.png (391x570, 134K)

Plenty of boxers lack charisma. You just need to be seen by someone who can make things happen if you're good enough.

beat everyone locally who's worth beating in amateur fights
then state (equivalent for europe)
if you haven't been noticed by then, you're a bum

Just make exciting fights, the best way is to KO, people love when they see a human knock the hell out of other human.

that's not marciano

Tyson already surpassed him.

I kinda miss Fight Night

Your opinion was tossed straight into the trash.

Find yourself a good promoter as you git gud. Once you've made it big you need to cash out and sell out fast because you can't make it big taking knocks for a living. Even the best have long lasting debillitating conditions.

Foreman turned out pretty well.

It's time to stop posting Keith you got hit in the head too many times to make comprehensible post

Attached: 1528661193400.gif (400x225, 2.7M)

>no u
soooooooooooo 18-hurt

Attached: david-tyree-catch.jpg (660x427, 92K)

quick, Yea Forums, name a good boxing game
hard mode: it has to be made in current gen.

You need to have a several fights at the amateur level, whether it be smokers, the gloves or the white collar boxing circuit. If you lack hand speed and technical skills, you better be a KO artist. Serving as a sparring partner for pros helps as well.

I was talking about Marquez but yeah I suspect Pac was/is using too.

user, I...

Attached: ac23231312321.png (518x523, 395K)

Who cares. Floyd isn't a boxer.

I think Marquez bulked up naturally for Mayweather. I really don't think he juiced for the Pac fight either. His physique would be attainable as long as he kept his caloric content high.

Feel the power of Taco Bell.

Attached: bam.webm (992x560, 1.91M)

There hasn't been a good current gen boxing game at all sadly. Not even a bad one save for a couple shitty VR games. Last good one I played was Fight Night Round 4, where as long as you got rid of the cheesy counter punch window in the settings, it was one of the best I ever enjoyed,

What is this for? Self defense? Sport?
If it's for sport it won't matter much since it's within a controlled environment with defined rules.
Self-defense obviously won't. Either way, learn judo/jiu jitsu since it's practically designed for manlets (japanese/brazilian physiques)

COPE SEETHING LIBTARD

Attached: 51161247_596960154104568_875278961574150144_n.jpg (583x637, 78K)

How does one recover after a loss like this?

>as a Bostonfag
based are you also a fellow celtics fan?

Attached: DtGnpw2WsAA2MNd.jpg (1080x1080, 171K)

Good.

Wish people would stop saying that he's a Mexican heavyweight. Fat man is American. Can't even speak Spanish without sounding like a retard.

>4 fucking sb rings
you mean 6

Attached: 1547406529435.jpg (736x741, 258K)

Fighters tend to perk right up once they hear about how much is in the next fight purse.

Losing to a Sleeper is one of the worst things that can happen to a Champion. Everyone on your side will call it a fluke, but if you face him again and lose, your career is over. None of the casual fans will understand that Meatboy is actually an underrated killer that just never had any exposure prior and crucify you.

Boomers BTFO

Attached: 1559584772826.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

>relying on twitter caps

Attached: 350x-439-e1350276001144.jpg (250x205, 16K)

>leltics
oh no no no no no bruuuuuuuuuuuh

Attached: 1557368856764.jpg (1918x1069, 189K)

RULES

OF

N

A

T

U

R

E

>imagine being BTFO by a 40 year old part-time boxer

Attached: nivxaebauxueblcaldy5.jpg (800x446, 34K)

Not everyone can be Foreman and stuff like that grill wasn't even his idea, dudes just asked if he could promote and use his name. For every big name champion boxer that people name there are hundreds if not thousands of talented journeyman boxers that never got the limelight or their title shots and even more that who were big names in the past don't use their fortune and success to build something more for themselves outside of the ring.

Like for example take Thomas Hearns, great boxer of his time and quintuple champion but dude is clearly suffering from being hit one too many times and is bankrupt to boot. Boxers gotta make like sporting good deals, merchandising and transition to media roles be it acting or commentating if they want any hope of a life in the long run and they have to cash out when they're at their best because those hits really do take their toll.

Kemba is better anyways

Attached: inceltics.png (1914x629, 1.02M)

How about you realize you're asking a bunch of literal nobodies for professional boxing advice and go find some better resources than a Taiwanese basket-weaving forum

Attached: 981.jpg (272x285, 23K)

for heavyweights (and this sorta applies for mma too) its 30-38

Tekken. Veteran players are still fucking dominating the pro scene, that's how important legacy skill is.

>celebrating that hard after beating an icepacker

lol

lmao he did nothing in charlotte cmon now

I'd say that's with most fighting games in general really and not just limited to Tekken.

Holy fuck this post

Attached: 1561214833635.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

3rd all nba team aint bad and he literally had no one, So hyped for this season. Celtics will be fun to watch again and not be a dramafest like last yr

Attached: 1460846777423.png (534x629, 108K)

like what

Manny's 5'5 and he's found great success. Many of the most successful boxers out there are at or below 5'10.
Though this is within the realm of sport.

>Self-defense obviously wont
Well fuck

Attached: AAAAAAAH.jpg (1920x1080, 163K)