I've never played the Wild Arms games. If I were to only play one of them, which one would you recommend?

I've never played the Wild Arms games. If I were to only play one of them, which one would you recommend?

Attached: wild-arms-usa.jpg (600x554, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dNeFpTks9uE
youtube.com/watch?v=3JfCYgxrQ_M
youtube.com/watch?v=tZiuQR1Hepc
youtube.com/watch?v=T7AYD4UirbM
youtube.com/watch?v=xv1jev65AB8
youtube.com/watch?v=6zhWmDrF3Ew
youtube.com/watch?v=24lAH0ecg40
youtube.com/watch?v=QkEzaHMYS2s
youtube.com/watch?v=k_Ep0zXWnRo
youtube.com/watch?v=VvVk0L5lpZY
exhentai.org/g/314011/187f68ab90/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

3 like Suikoden. Fight me.

1 and then forget the others

The first one. PS1, not the remake.

I'd say 3 personally.

1 is great but the combat stops me from wanting to replay it anymore, it's just so ugly bad 3d and boring. Shame given the 2D world is great. There is a remake though, shame miss out on the 2D and the superior last dungeon but everything else is fine (and has 3 more playable characters)

1, 2, and 3, that's it.

If you're gonna play 1, I recommend playing it's remake, Alter Code F on ps2. 2 is still a solid game, 3 is probably the most popular entry in the series, commercially speaking. It's also the most well defined in the sense of a western. 4 and 5 go a bit off the rails and introduce the stupidest fucking hexagons that make it pretty unbearable.
wild arms XF is a tactics game that also uses aforementioned stupid shitstains, but surprisingly it's pretty fun in spite of them.

So, I'd say play either 3, or alter code F. If you REALLY want to play the ps1 version of wild arms, it's still absolutely playable, but you miss out on an assload of story content. The pros to 1 is that you get to choose equips, and that jack has stealing, but there's less characters overall, an abundance of tools for puzzles that make 0 sense. And really the equips thing isn't too big since it's only a feature in the first two games anyway, 3-4-5 remove equips and medium selection as a tool pretty much right away.

Oh yeah, also, as opposed to getting hte full effect of level ups, like in the remake, wild arms 1 has "apples" which are stat boosting items, and you find tons of them throughout your time playing the game, and it's really important to make good use of them to be able to survive later areas, unless you want to grind your ass off. There's also a point at the prologue of the game where you can grind them out if you want, but that takes away a bit of the fun of the game to me.

OP here, looking at the first two games the graphics don't bother me (I'm an old boomer). Though if the first one has a remake then I might as well stick with that.

The cell shaded graphics on 3 look appealing, think I'll start with the game

The remake of 1 is OK but the soundtrack is pretty different and 1 OG has a pretty fantastic soundtrack. Tons of great moody, atmospheric and intimidating tracks.

Fighting Alhazad without the Quarter Knights theme feels off.

The remake of 1 and 1 have some differences, it's hard to be succinct about them but basically alter code F is a remake using the info and design philosophies they adopted after making 3, so it's a lot more similar to it, than it is to the original. alter code F expands on the story a LOT, which makes a spoiler about part way through the game feel a lot less sudden and retarded.

but yeah going with 3 to start is definitely the right move.

What's the dealio with the second game? It's still good, but the lesser game of the first three?

The first three games and if you want more 5

SHINFOGEAH

Attached: sympho arms.jpg (750x750, 236K)

2 is fine, but it's one of the easiest in the series and feels even more dated than the 1st game given its attempt at making everything 3D

Still has its own charm and some good music though.

Not at all, in fact some people prefer 2 the most. the fanbase interestingly enough is pretty evenly split between preferences of 1/2/3, but 3 has the most appeal to the mass market so it tends to drown out others. It's a weird setting between the more heavily western influenced 3, and the more scifi-under-the-surface of 1, and makes the series namesake (ARMs) more widely available to characters as opposed to locking them behind one player character.

definitely 3

Attached: 1303574696215.jpg (900x1132, 694K)

Oh, my post got cut off. It makes them more widely available, but not to the point every character has their own token ARM to use, like in 3. It's an absolute example of them testing the water beforep lunging into 3.

3 is my favorite but I would recommend starting with 1. You don't HAVE to play them in order but there's a lot of references that get tossed around. And also it's good.

FUCK YEAH, VIRGINIA MAXWELL!

Attached: virginia.jpg (868x1223, 776K)

If you can only play one, play 3. If you want to play more then 1, 2, 3, ACF, and 5 are worth playing. Just forget about 4.

Also I can't believe I'm in a fucking Wild Arms thread. I love these games.

Attached: B1_d0mOCMAEkXKt.jpg orig.jpg (585x760, 88K)

I kind of liked 4 but Arnaud and Raquel pretty much carry the game on their own.

If you're just going to play them all eventually, play them in order.

>tfw pop the 2nd disc
youtube.com/watch?v=dNeFpTks9uE

The first intro was better.
>That fucking trumpet

youtube.com/watch?v=3JfCYgxrQ_M

Attached: 1540523058492.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Claim your waifu. For me, it's Emma Hetfield.

Attached: Waacf-emma-hetfield.jpg (700x1180, 95K)

The ps1 version has an easy exploit for infinite items if you want to "grind" without putting in the time

Woah, these are awesome. I just started playing 3 and they didn't have an opening like this!

3 has multiple openings that will change as you progress

youtube.com/watch?v=tZiuQR1Hepc

WA3 still has a good intro. I like it better with the whistling, but come on, what can compare to a trumpet when it comes to western music? Other than a harmonica, of course.

Yeah but I mean if he's going to be exploiting apples to get his stats up to the hundreds before he's out of the prologue he might as well just play the remake.

Dibs

Attached: lady harken.jpg (850x950, 119K)

Maya!

Attached: __maya_schrodinger_wild_arms_and_wild_arms_3_drawn_by_nyantiu__sample-60771ff33dbe06ff9d4e9918556492 (850x1199, 211K)

What I like about 3's though is that there's like 5 versions that play depending where you are to show case the current villains. It feels like a serialized anime.

I don't remember Maya having milkers like those.

Perfection, glasses and a gun.

I've only played 3 and had a pretty good time.

A gun that punches shit, no less. Don't forget the high heels either, fellow man of taste.

Attached: 256ff354818b52eef290f7dc631046b2--muscles-alter.jpg (700x900, 76K)

youtube.com/watch?v=T7AYD4UirbM

Attached: 1387573504249.jpg (700x700, 157K)

Yeah that was pretty rad. Who did the animation for that anyway? I would watch the shit out of a Wild Arms animu that actually follows the plot of the games.

1 or 3. 5 doesn't exist.
XF is good too.

I'm glad this thread was made. I have an ISO of the 3rd game that's been sat on my HDD for 4 years and I am bored off my ass. May as well give it a go.

Alright
True Maya is better

Attached: b0e80d7c387f23c6d8c048726c2a5f08.png (1393x1500, 1.56M)

Maya well.

Attached: 1548803578768.jpg (600x800, 81K)

True Maya needs to show up in the gacha and get some more art

Ready Lady Gunner!
youtube.com/watch?v=xv1jev65AB8

Attached: Virginia.Maxwell.full.127902.jpg (1024x768, 189K)

This. 1 is the best out of the lot, but the remake doesn't do it justice. The others are good in their own ways, but I don't feel like any came close to what 1 was doing.

You wont regret it.

I need to get into emulation to play these games again. Lost all my copies in a fire and I never see them in used shops anymore.

Attached: 20160403_125619 - Copy.jpg (2656x1494, 2.38M)

I can still hear the opening song despite the fact it's been about 20 years since I played Wild Arms.

>remake doesn't do it justice
it removes 1 boss, replacing it with a weaker one, and then adds about 40 hours of sidequests, new characters, and actually explains why the game continues on at the half way point when for all intents and purposes you killed the final boss.

It got a PS4 port. If you care.

3 does? Last time I checked PSN they only had 1 and 2.

Original version is superior

youtube.com/watch?v=6zhWmDrF3Ew

Is that agent under fire?
RIP, FMCB disc, forever making ps2s useful.
3 has a ps4 port, yeah. 4/5 were considered but ultimately they never got them. alter code F had licensing issues or something.

yep.

yes, it even has trophies. It's one of those semi-port rather than raw emulation.

It also takes Mystic away from Cecelia and Trickster away from Jack and puts them both onto the same optional character you can only unlock fully at the very end of the game. I don't hate ACF but it's good to play the original first.

Fuck off, weeb.

Mystic was game breaking though, and the fact it was a level 1 fp means you'd pretty much always be using cecilia for invoking berries instead of spells or any other shit. I think putting it on jane was a good move.
trickster I don't think was that smart, so yeah, silly move there.

Weeb website.

>Is that agent under fire?
Nightfire.

Thanks for the info boys.

Attached: D1JTEK6VYAAKJ5e.jpg (1037x2048, 408K)

And Wild Arms = literal anime game. Im glad nowadays the games get their normal opening songs instead of being hit by the localization hammer.

Isnt WA3 one of the worse games to emulate and that is the reason it took forever for the game to come out for ps4?

Attached: 1494173991718.png (268x325, 87K)

Attached: C0R3iUJUcAAWicl.jpg orig.jpg (868x1228, 209K)

Nah wild arms 3 is alright, alter code F is on a dual layer DVD (like xenosaga 1, rogue galaxy, a couple other games) that made emulation super difficult, and even burning onto a dual layer dvd was iffy cause PS2s would frequently fuck up and the lasers would first stop reading non-sony dual layer dvds, then sony dual layer dvds, then non sony single layer dvds, then cds, then sony single layer dvds.

Which one, Yea Forums?

Attached: 6d24c0b5b179f7b21095b1d35de157ee293f27f8.jpg (718x475, 91K)

Ginny

Maya, no question.

>Playing Red Dead Redemption or Hunt: Showdown
>Just makes me wish I was playing a modern Wild Arms game

Fantasy western is such a good fucking genre combo.

Play the first one, it has the most soul
Rest of the series becomes kinda bland and boring outside of that

based af. after that 2 is pretty good

Attached: __maya_schrodinger_wild_arms_and_wild_arms_3__6ef93f7a0e2c188cf5cf00b99635449e.png (566x800, 372K)

>That move where she drops a minigun out from under her dress

Attached: C_EcL4nUwAAmuY6.jpg orig.jpg (653x613, 81K)

I only ever played 5 and loved it, but I've heard those who played the other don't like it very much. I also played about 20 hours of Alter Code F, but my brother erased my save from the memory card and I couldn't bring myself to start again.

If I want to play the first one, should I play it on psx or the ps2 remake?

Awww yeah fuck, wild arms thread

3 is definitely the best and Virginia is a great example of a good female character

[Spoiler]i even like 4 quite a bit[/spoiler]

Play the original. It's a lot simpler but it's an all time classic.

Yes, I really like Virginia and how she grows in the game

So many always talk about the openings in 2, but no one posts other good tracks in the game itself.
youtube.com/watch?v=24lAH0ecg40
youtube.com/watch?v=QkEzaHMYS2s
youtube.com/watch?v=k_Ep0zXWnRo
youtube.com/watch?v=VvVk0L5lpZY

>onefags
>twofags
>threefags
Remove thyself plebians, real patrician-tier coming through.

Attached: 1561688024587.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

Attached: DSllEv8VQAUHf8D.jpg orig.jpg (600x800, 128K)

All nostalgiafags, everyone knows 5 is the best game.

Attached: wa5.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

The Knight Blazer theme seems to be pretty well known, actually.

>When she just drops a galling gun from under her frock

Funny how she got pretty much Ork WAAAGH! powers and can make dakka out of thin air

It also removes some of the interesting stuff from the characters. Like if I remember right, Rudy's weapons in the original were pretty fantastical and different heavily. In the new one I think they just became ammos.

Jack came out pretty good in the remake.

I especially love how when he actually does see her again it's all spaghetti

Attached: 50-Update31_32.jpg (640x432, 53K)

I love the idea of a cowboy basically doing iaido with a cavalry saber.

Jack was always the coolest

As a kid I always liked Rudy more just because he had a gun, but Jack is definitely the cooler character.

>mfw Fudo is basically doing the same shit Irving did in WA2
>including the incest

Attached: 1537146795638.jpg (696x545, 144K)

Fudo needs to die and take his shitpire with him. SHIELD THE SWORD!

Attached: Tsubasa XV.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

What is Media Vision up to nowaday

Do they even exist anymore?

1 or 3

2 is my all time favorite just be warned that the translation to english was pretty terrible and it shows.

Most of them have pretty bad translations. I dunno how 3 came out alright.

PS2 is really kind of where localizers started paying a bit more attention.

Play the second one. Its easily the best one.
Get ready for one of the worst official translations ever tho.

ACF had a pretty shit translation though.

That's a bit of a story. They actually WANTED to fix but for some inane reason the (VOCAL)fans threw a fit.

Couple years ago I played WA2 just for this Kamen Rider motherfucker and I wasn't disappointed.
The plot was decent and the other characters are all also interesting.
Overall the game scratched my Xenogears itch well, though more for the visuals and dark shit the characters go through. I definitely would replay it one day but I havent played the other games in the series yet.
Only played V back in the day but it was definitely a less mature entry in the series.

Attached: 0-8423.jpg (500x698, 127K)

Fanboys are real cocksuckers.

What was wrong with WA1's translation? Other than it being from a time where translations were always sketchy?

Off the top of my head a lot of the names are wonky, especially the guardians.

They made Digimon Cyber Sleuth and help with a bunch of unrelated RPGs.

2 or 3. I'd only recommend 1 if you were gonna then play 2 and 3. If you hate yourself got play XF instead.

I enjoy 2 the most in the series, but 3 is the better game. I'll also admit the difficulty becomes a joke once Kanon joins(and especially when you get her best skill), and becomes even easier if you go get Marivel too. Marivel being my favorite WA character has quite a bit to do with it too.

the main writer of wild arms is currently the writer for SYMPHOGEAH. Since this is supposed to be the final season now maybe he'll go back to writing video games next.

Attached: 97ea5e6a8258021197ef20c0e7a84208.jpg (777x1087, 869K)

I seriously can't get over how amazing DMJii have been this season.

Attached: Symphogear XV - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.52_[2019.07.13_16.35.06].jpg (1280x720, 147K)

1 and 2 WERE really good, but probably aged too poorly.(Slow battles, ps1 games look awful).

3 I don't think is a great game. But it's decent enough and it's the game that actually delivers on the wild west setting, where the first 2 are kinda fantasy with some light western flavor.

4 is a ridiculous over the top anime that doesn't feel like a wild arms game, but the battle system is great. Be warned, it won't shut the fuck up about how all adults are bad.

4 is also extremely easy because one of your party members is strong enough to solo every fight in the game

Attached: Raquel, destroyer of worlds.jpg (768x1024, 194K)

She was a pretty decent character. Which is surprising, given every other character in the game.

I enjoyed 3

Attached: rivals.webm (700x400, 2.74M)

Ginny is so based.

Attached: 44412067_p0_master1200.jpg (768x1024, 503K)

1, 2 and 3 but 3 the most.

play 1 and then 3
don't listen to the idiots who say the games are set in parallel universes, 1 and 3 are set in the same universe and there are lots of wa1 references in wa3
hell, in one of the first levels in 3 you have to retrieve the glumzamber in ka dingel, that's some pretty strong foreshadowing of who's gonna show up later in the game if you played wa1

>most intelligent character is a fucking mice
Hanpan, the legendary demonslayer mouse

There's references everywhere. The game LOVES them. Fucking Symphogear can't even go an episode without making a Wild Arms reference.

Attached: maria arms.jpg (583x425, 84K)

3's rivals & their dynamic were great. 3 was a total clusterfuck at times but it was a pretty grand adventure

Attached: DOVucA_UQAA6JwO.png (578x814, 474K)

>total clusterfuck
It had way too many enemies and rivals around, but the scary part is that they were all well characterized, more than the average jrpg. Maybe that's because the game is DQVII long so they have time for everybody. Even a fucking golem like Asgard. Could've done without the evil little girl trope but.

it's more than references
take Vassim for example, his backstory is explained both in wa1 where you actually meet him and in wa3
everything that happened in wa1 and before is a "legend" in wa3 but it's actually very real

>Play WA3 once: Everything seems like a disjointed mess
>Play it again: EVERYTHING IS SCARILY FORESHADOWED AND CONNECTED.

Nah dude. It's not obvious but everything in 3 is amazingly well planned.

you can even find the time frozen Asgard in a dungeon long before you even send him backwards

Attached: Beatrice.(wild.Arms).full.127955.jpg (800x1000, 1.26M)

Only ever played 2 but it was pretty fun, not sure how well it's aged though...

Attached: Knight Blazer.jpg (972x613, 53K)

>that spoiler
fucking hell, I doubled back when I saw that when visiting the shrine again before Asgard got backstabbed by Janus
also I wish Janus didn't die a pathetic death - I mean, maybe thematically that was the point but I loved him more as a villain than the trio or Sieg

Attached: CxOueU-VIAUnmhu.jpg (560x800, 92K)

>That one Mama's boy going completely insane
>That verbal beat down Clive gives Melody before she looses her shit

I forget what happened to the third one but goddamn did these assholes get fucked.

I dropped 3 when you get to the boss battle in the sand crawler thing? Tried picking it up again and got stomped. I should try and beat it again, the opening hours of 3 are really fun and engaging

Attached: 1558301623401.gif (480x368, 995K)

I'm alone in this but I enjoyed Wild Arms 5.
Nothing amazing but it was a pretty feel good jrpg, everything about it from characters to OST was pretty decent.
Also have Wild Arms 3 in my emulator folder but I havent started yet. Never heard anything about 4 so I'm guessing its beyond bad.

I thought 5 was okay.

Alter Code F
2 and 3 are also pretty good but after that it became anime weeb trash.

Attached: 150948-Wild_Arms_-_Alter_Code_-_F_(USA)-1.jpg (1491x1000, 354K)

5 is fine. Has some of the best music in the series.

>ELWS (who built the Golems) have confined themselves in their promised land because they don't trust humans and humans ostracized them
>the demons believe they are a superior race and want to exterminate humans and elws alike to provide themselves with living space
>one particular scientist demon engages with human experimentation
what did they mean by this

did anyone ever try the mobile game?

Attached: Dpyuk4-UUAInygZ.jpg (708x1000, 136K)

asgard was a total asshole with his instakill but was a great character too

Attached: asgar.png (1263x689, 879K)

The games are too boring, just read the manga instead
>exhentai.org/g/314011/187f68ab90/