Is PS2 emulation considered mostly good? I've been reading it's great...

Is PS2 emulation considered mostly good? I've been reading it's great, but I've been trying some games like GTA and it seems kind of choppy.

Attached: PCSX2_screenshot_july_2014.png (300x198, 53K)

What are your specs? Check the wiki for compatibility issues/fixes too.

It works well for the games I’ve tried on it, although some tweaking was necessary for the version that I used.

I'm sure if I didn't overclock my cpu right after I built my pc I would have had more issues with it

I am playing MGS 2 substance on it right now. Runs perfectly.

Ape Escape 3, We Love Katamari, Metal Gear Solid 3, Klonoa 2, Bloody Roar 3, Virtua Fighter 3td

Okami, Katamari Damacy, .hack//GU and Zone of the Enders 2 have all been ported so if you can I would just buy those

I meant 3tb but that's on Dreamcast anyways
4 is on PS2 and Virtua Fighter 4 is great

it's not as accurate as other emulators, but for just playing through a game and enjoying it it's quite good for most games.

Yes its good, but whatever you do don't download the stable version, get the latest nightly build
If a game has issues change it to a software renderer
Just look up the game you want to play on the Wiki and update any settings it says as need be
Also, don't talk about PCSX2 on Yea Forums because largely the board acts like its the single worst emulator in existence and will stear you the wrong way on literally everything

>Is PS2 emulation considered mostly good?
No. God fucking damnit. Just buy the damn console. How do you fuckers not have a PS2???

Or just get a PS3.

No. Only the early models have hardware backward compatibility. Software backward compatibility can be hacked in but that emulation is even worse than PCSX2.

yes and no. majority of the library runs but you have to deal with interlacing per game, so bumping up the resolution will never look right. also many games have issues that are only fixed by running in software mode, which makes said games look like shit.

Attached: sc3ba.jpg (1919x2160, 1.42M)

Crashing at the third boss? [Game] starts up just fine on my rig, so I don't see any issues.

You don't need to go to that area to see the ending, so just avoid it.

Really? I hacked my slim and so far the only game with real issues is Nocturne.

It works fine ignore the retards saying it doesn't.

how do you deal with no pressure sensitive buttons?

The PSN version is shit too. They should really take it down.

Tried manhunt and the lighting was fucked. Fine otherwise.

i was playing SotC and honestly couldnt tell if the slowness was due to my bad configuration of if it was just the game. Like when you move the camera around, it kind of skips, is that the game, or just my bad setup?

The interlacing is really distracting. No matter what deinterlacing option you select. The majority of the PS2 library is interlaced too, it’s how they got around the 4MB VRAM limitation and the reason why games looked so jaggy. And also why most PS2 games look like shit on HDTVs. Most of the progressive scan games look fine in higher resolutions though. On original hardware they ran at shit resolutions like 512x400; interlaced games reconstructed a frame from two 512x240 frames. At least reconstructed is what they call games today that use the same method, back then it was a trick to fit a smaller frame in the 4MB framebuffer and mask it through standard def interlaced CRTs

that's one of the worst running games on the emulator, so it probably wasn't you

It's mostly great, haven't emulated GTA though why not play the PC versions?

PCSX2 has been getting some aweseome progress lately. It got a MASSIVE FPS boost which also fixed issues in my favorite game here, and Jak eyeball issue is fixed.

Attached: pcsx2 2019-07-15 01-26-59-28.png (1920x1080, 1M)

It's actual LITERAL shit.

PS2 games look amazing on a CRT in component, games like DMC3 and SotC look shockingly good for the hardware and how old they are. But then on anything but a CRT they look like ass, it definitely has an impact on how people see the console's graphical quality in 2019.

why does dolphin seem so much more stable? like i can just load any game, without doing any tweaking, and it runs perfectly

Is Mercenaries decently emulatable yet

Attached: 1548116629855.png (600x537, 373K)

You won't be able to with games with low res pre-rendered 2D background like RE2-3, unless you enjoy looking at your environment like at a puzzle.
Other than that, yeah.

pc versions remove the majority of the music

>Also, don't talk about PCSX2 on Yea Forums because largely the board acts like its the single worst emulator in existence and will stear you the wrong way on literally everything
This is my experience on here as well. Either they all have potatoes and blame the emulator for their problems, or don't have a computer at all and just want to shit on emulation.

To be fair, a hacked PS2 would be cheaper than building a computer that can adequately emulate most games on the PS2.

What's a better PS2 emulator?

oh I should have been more clear, I meant emulators for other consoles like mednafen or bsnes