Faggot is shooting me from 50 yards away

>faggot is shooting me from 50 yards away
>walk up to him to try and hit him
>he has the same movespeed as me so unless i cheese his pathing into a wall he can just walk away forever
>all this is while other faggots are shooting me

Attached: 604baf17-bb85-4ec8-a1b3-cd192919d2d9-ad1b.jpg (644x362, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnMR6SOBa9k
youtube.com/watch?v=bHJg6nJbL-k
youtube.com/watch?v=VscdPA6sUkc
youtube.com/watch?v=UELNx0YU0Qg
youtube.com/watch?v=CK-Pb0cYDrE
youtube.com/watch?v=im53LrNL6xE
youtube.com/watch?v=CcgK370XlZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Cjad31JU0dw
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2293449
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1172198
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As a warrior I found chain lightning helps with groups. Otherwise just use corners and chookepoints and stop whining.

Playing warrior in this game is truly a hazing ritual.

Attached: 73d.gif (400x200, 218K)

As a warrior, you should use magic the entire game. Melee is a sick joke.

i have the small point blank aoe lightning but the damage isn't that great and my mana pool is obviously shit. still it's not unplayable or anything but fuck if it isn't hard.
yeah that's what i don't understand i thought this was supposed to be the easy class. like wtf.

Warrior melees fastest, rogue shots her bow fastest, and sorcer casts fastest. I say go rogue if you want the best of both worlds of phys and magic damage. The slow magic cast doesn't matter as much when you're already ranged and shits not trying to mash you in the face.

>thought this was supposed to be the easy class.
Sorcerer is easiest

Holy bolt is the best cure for Doctor Lazarus's house of whores.

Beat Diablo with a warrior, wasn’t that hard. Diablo actually followed me away and he was an easy kill at the end.

>talk to the little Chosen One or whatever on level 3
>just go around the corner haha
>go around the wrong corner
>literally 30+ burning dead (red skeles, forget the name) archers in a huge room
>unique blood slurper or whatever
>clear it all out
>not even the right place he was talking about

shut the fuck up wirt

real talk, big D isn't the hard part of the final hell level. It's everything else that gets you.

Just lure the magic users away in small groups, tedious but not that hard.

Attached: That's A Nice HP Pool You Have There.gif (128x96, 8K)

You're supposed to kill the big uglies, not big skellies.

Also, don't give him the banner.

Wish more games weren't afraid to really fuck up the player.

everyone just regenerated the gamer or skipped the level though.

so no one ever fought them anyway

Diablo 1 Sorc is the real class, spells are actually all unique and it's fun to build him up. Eventually you are tele-ing around fucking everything up at will.

>lets you permanently ignore hit recovery
Objectively the greatest allies of any video game.

PLEEEEEEASE! NO HURT! NO KILL!

KEEP ALIVE AND NEXT TIME GOOD BRING TO YOU!

Attached: Gharbad the Weak.jpg (480x480, 38K)

>big D
Why are you typing like a nigger?

>decide to load up D2
>join a lobby
>host is a bot
>a bot that rushes you

woah....

Attached: 1563408243607.png (547x513, 291K)

hello zoomer who never used bnet

The only shitty thing about sorcerer is when you're dealing with magic immune enemies. I tried to kill that Wizard guarding his library in the catacombs and he was straight up invincible.

is D2 still more active that D3?

Like every other call back to earlier games, they ruined him in 3.

Play D1 on PS1. Being able to crank up the game speed in town and dungeons alone makes it more worth it. I find direct input over the character via a dpad more preferable than clicking too.

Attached: 127057-diablo-playstation-front-cover.jpg (800x786, 140K)

>zoomer
Nah I was busy playing the better one of the games (D2)

Uh I don't even remember him in 3
Truth be told... I don't remember much from 3. It's a very forgettable game desu

Will there ever be a more iconic track in any game?

youtube.com/watch?v=AnMR6SOBa9k

Attached: Tristram.png (800x400, 298K)

This.

Absolutely banal and forgettable. I was so excited for Diablo 3, thinking I would level up a bunch of characters through Hell and up. I ended up doing a single run through Normal. Never even bothered with the expansion.

Attached: 1504639485738.jpg (654x862, 194K)

Fuck. I wish I could go back, bros. Go back to the first time playing when I was still just a stupid, naive kid.

Diablo 3 has a major story and feel problem. I know that sounds like a joke, but in Diablo 1 and 2, you are just an adventurer who is fighting their way through monsters thanks to your own grit and tenacity.

Diablo 3 on the other hand can't stop reminding you that you are the chosen one. And bosses like The Butcher getting some kind of WWE entrance. What happened to AHH FRESH MEAT and getting your head cleaved in two from D1? Or LOOKING FOR BAAL and dying before you even loaded into the area from D2?

>be young kid
>overprotective mother
>she somehow gets this for my older brother
>start playing it on the family computer
>go from jumping around Mario 64 to seeing bloody, mutilated corpses torn apart by demons

Love the shit out of this game.

>Dad played a ton of D&D as a kid.
>Kept a glass cabinet of Universal Monster figures right next to the computer.
>Was always scared to go past the first floor because I would die to the butcher and had all these ghouls and vampires looking right at me.

youtube.com/watch?v=bHJg6nJbL-k

>Diablo 3 on the other hand can't stop reminding you that you are the chosen one.

This is a major problem. Diablo is about being a courageous, yet vulnerable hero. The whole Dark Wanderer being corrupted plot in Diablo 2 made it clear that as a mere human you were in way over your head. Your victory against the forces of Hell seemed like an almost hopeless improbability, rather than a preordained inevitability.

Attached: 1504584031480.jpg (640x360, 90K)

Writing problem...
> I was an evil Wich but now I'm redeemed.
>Sike lol.
> I was an evil wizard so they cut my head. I'll help you
> Thanks for giving me my body back sucker!!
Worst offender...
>I'm the greatest general and strategic mind on hell!
>Also don't go onto the basement, we're breaking in.
>What!? You went to the basement!! God damnit! Well don't go to the East then... Is were my siege weapons are parked...

And don't get me started on the viisir shit...

>grilling in the summertime
>unpack the meat
>"Ah, fresh meat!

Every time.

>Watching the intro FMV to this game on a shitty CRT back as a kid.
All I did was join MP games to get duped items.

I'LL MAKE WEAPONS FROM YOUR BONES

fun version but didnt they have less quests in this version?

Literally the only song i can play on guitar

Reminder that Blizzard deliberately avoided putting any satanic imagery in Diablo 3.

I highly recommend every Diablo fan to watch the Diablo post mortem. It actually quite entertaining.
youtube.com/watch?v=VscdPA6sUkc

It's Saturday morning cartoon villainy, plain and simple -- which doesn't mix with what the previous games had.

>You'll never stop my army!
>You may have bested my army, but no one will survive now that we're inside!
>You killed the invaders, but you can never break our siege!
>The siege forces are lost, but my strongest warriors are...
>Oh.
>They may all be dead, but you'll never defeat me!
>BLAR I AM DEFEATED.

Attached: HumbleBundle.jpg (625x415, 41K)

Blizzard actually used the cross in the game. It was often seen burning.

Attached: Lazarus.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>No matter what your hero is doomed to get possed by Diablo.
Feels bad man. The Warrior is so cool.

Dont even remind me of Diablo 3's story

>Girl diablo

What the fuck

Nah. Couldn't carry uniques across playthroughs though. It does have some exclusive monologues in the main menu detailing the story.

youtube.com/watch?v=UELNx0YU0Qg

Which doesn't actually make a lot of sense because Zakarum is kind of this weird esoteric Buddhism.

What exactly was Tyrael's plan for Marius? Is he supposed to carry the soulstone to the Hellforge by himself?.

What are these?

Black Deaths. Their Hit reduced your max HP by 1. Permanently.

Not my favorite incarnation, but I can see how it sort of made sense.

Host body was female, Prime Evil contained all major and lesser forces from Hell, features from Andariel were made prominent.

A special breed of zombies. When you get hit by them, your MAXIMUM HP is reduced with no way to get it back.

>As a warrior, you should use magic the entire game. Melee is a sick joke.
>He dosn't know that the single strongest melee modifier on a weapon is Knockback since you can trap everything in the game, even Diablo, in a non stop attack loop that they can't do a single thing about.
Warrior's attack speed is faster then monster's recovery speed, make fucking use of it

No way they have bots that rush now? Fuarrrk it really is 2019

yeah, I think so. Tyrael's kind of a human fetishist and thinks they can do anything

youtube.com/watch?v=CK-Pb0cYDrE

Like Frodo. Duh

Could he not have gotten someone more capable and less feeble?

>Which doesn't actually make a lot of sense because Zakarum is kind of this weird esoteric Buddhism.

All of that extra lore and world-building was added in Diablo 2. The original Diablo is based on traditional Western and Christian mythology.

>want to play D2 again
>bnet is full of bots
Fuck.

I'm pretty sure that the Diablo 1 manual mentions that Zakarum is this religion from the east that Leoric has taken up which stresses "embracing the light" and that's about all we know of it.

I don't hold that as a criticism, I just think it's kinda funny. Like how the churches in Warcraft 1 and 2 speak Latin and are adorned with crosses.

There wasn't anyone else.

Marius followed The Wanderer into the tomb and Tyrael ended up being trapped there once Baal was freed.

Marius could have sought out someone more capable to help him. But he was already being manipulated by the brothers.

Bot purge happened a few years ago with a new patch and updated backed code. There are still some but like 10% of what there use to be.

Oh right. I dunno "Go find a warrior" would have sufficed

>play World of Warcraft in 2019
>the cross is still the class icon for priest
>the class is still called priest

This is highly problematic. I am being attacked.

>It seems that the Archbishop Lazarus goaded many of the townsmen into venturing into the labyrinth to find the king's missing son. He played upon their fears and whipped them into a frenzied mob. None of them were prepared for what lay within the cold earth...Lazarus abandoned them down there---left in the clutches of unspeakable horrors---to die.

Attached: Nu blake.png (129x129, 40K)

D2 sucks cock in comparison. Mindless loot treadmill.

Attached: Priest.png (358x358, 235K)

God, the Diablo 2 cinematics are so kino. Even the weird character models don't bother me. Having the story be told from both your perspective and Marius's, who is only a month or so ahead of you, was a great choice to contrast how strong the player character is with what the normal folk of this world are experiencing.

A lot of people credit Metal Gear Solid 1 with being one of the first video games with "good" voice acting, but Blizzard had AMAZING writing and voice acting even in the Diablo 1 days. Starcraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, all have this natural feel to the dialog where nothing is forced, but it still carries a consistent tone through the game. It's a shame that WoW became such a juggernaut that Blizzard wasn't able to maintain the core team post 2005.

youtube.com/watch?v=im53LrNL6xE

Shoutout to Paul Eiding for the Diablo/MGS crossover acting

Synergies really wrecked variety in builds. Now you are encouraged to invest all your points in one or two attacks and everything else into the synergies for them.

Give it to me, Marius.
Give me the stone and all will be forgiven.

chain lightning and fireball were based

too bad bone spirit and that one blood spell didn't seem all that useful though

I wish we got to visit the asylum he was in. Could have made for a great scary dungeon compared to the endless desert tombs and jungle caves.

Why didn't he just take the stone by force? Surely he wouldn't have any difficulty with it

>"And the Evil that was once vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man, shall he walk amongst the innocent, and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies shall rain fire, and the seas will become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked, and all of Creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!"

Pure kino. This was peak Blizzard writing, perhaps tied only by the original Starcraft.

Attached: lord-of-hatred.png (953x531, 617K)

I'm surprised it wasn't in Diablo 3, to be honest.
HEY REMEMBER MARIUS, WHOA HIS GHOST IS TALKING TO YOU!

For me, its Gillian

Attached: Gillian1.jpg (142x185, 23K)

>A lot of people credit Metal Gear Solid 1 with being one of the first video games with "good" voice acting
I think that only refers to localizations

He was probably just fucking with Marius, being evil and all

For me, its Adria
She wasn't a badguy yet and that was shit writing anyway.

Because it was much more cruel to let Marius fuck up yet again, rubbing it in his face and watching him writhe in despair losing the last bit of sanity he had left before killing him.

Baal is content to toy with his prey, just so their last living moments are in total despair. Remember when he lets the barbarian envoy come out and give his little speech before laughing and splattering him?

Baal's like that

youtube.com/watch?v=CcgK370XlZQ

Would have been a great half of Act 4 to come along with the expansion.

Kill Diablo, Tyrael sends you to find Mauris to collect the soulstone, head to the asylum. Inmates have gone wild, building is burning and deteriorating with hellish corruption, demons appear as you get closer to his cell, enter and the LoD cinematic plays.

Tyrael can open the Harrogath portal when you return with news of Marius' death.

>Play Diablo 3 on launch with 2 other friends
>That shitty twist comes up, furious with how they ruined the character
>Friends think its a good twist "Relax man, shes a witch, obviously she was bad!"
>They had never played a diablo game before and didn't understand

Attached: 1514253313640.jpg (249x147, 4K)

>sweet, naive demeanor
>encouraging voice lines
>giant, nordic bazzoingas covered only by an apron
>quest reward is still usable and good throughout the rest of the game

Gillian is good too though

Attached: Charsi.jpg (585x270, 34K)

Just single player

>That shitty twist comes up
That's half the plot.
The other half is building up to shitty twists

It really comes from a time when you could tell that the devs had spent tons of time playing D&D and telling stories, really honing their DM craft.

Can we get a Yea Forums bnet server for Diablo 2 up?

I don't know if we'd have enough people for a server. I can try to get some others together though if anyone is interested in an 8-man run of the game?

I don't think we would need anymore than 8 and if we did someone else could make a server. This might be worth another thread though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cjad31JU0dw

I don't understand people like you in any fantasy settings.

So you are in this fantasy trip in which you can choose to be a hero in a world in which magic exist(and strong one, since we are talking about Diablo) and you decide to be an idiot that can swing swords instead? like wtf.

Attached: wizardconfused.jpg (356x600, 104K)

I need Diablo R34 STAT

They're magic swords though

Wasn't the paladin a zakarumite? I can see the allusion to a cool eastern religion being a nice proto-internet atheist hat tip, but it's basically an admission that the crosses and shining armor is too good an aesthetic to give up.

>Diablo 3 on the other hand can't stop reminding you that you are the chosen one
Isn't this basically the same thing they did to WoW and why it's so fucking shit nowadays?
>AH CHAMPION THERE YOU ARE?COULD YOU DO ME A FAVOR AND VISIT THAT NEW THEMEPARK-ISLAND NEXT TO SAVE THE WORLD FROM IMPENDING DOOM?

>you are in this fantasy trip in which you can choose to be a hero in a world in which magic exist(and strong one, since we are talking about Diablo)
Yes, and I choose to be someone who can beat all of it with my own physical prowess

Did any good sourceports come of the source code being out there?

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2293449
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1172198

Being a massive warrior who can wreck shit is a satisfying fantasy. Have you ever been in an infuriating scenario that could have been easily handled if you lived in a fantasy land and could hack everyone to pieces? Picture someone you really hate: would you rather incinerate them with a fireball or hack them to pieces with an axe?

Attached: 1500694999032.jpg (1200x675, 90K)

>not understanding the symbolism

Belzebub is probably the closest you are ever going to get, but it's not a vanilla experience and increases the grind by a factor of 10.

I only think about it everyday. Played it with my brothers on networked computers constantly.

Attached: broken-man.jpg (500x333, 29K)

Warrior can use a bow or simple spells EZ to deal with endgame sections, hell maxing out all your stats on a single playthrough isn't that difficult with the stat potions they throw at you.

>Isn't this basically the same thing they did to WoW and why it's so fucking shit nowadays?
Yep.

Especially in MMOs, where you're literally one of thousands on the server, you're meant to be an above average soldier just doing the best you can. The moment you are "the chosen one" it throws out the importance of everyone you may group with or any NPC you encounter.

The first two Diablo games placed you as an unknown individual arriving to help the locals (though the three from the original were later developed into D2's Blood Raven, The Summoner, and The Wanderer -- who was further changed to Prince Aidan in D3).

Cinematic power rankings:
>Act 4
>Act 3 = Epilogue
>Act 2 = Act V
>Act 1
>LoD Epilogue

Attached: mephisto[1].gif (175x200, 94K)

I'd put everything to do with Act V right down the bottom, that stupid epilogue chapter is cartoonish, stupid and loses all sense of mystery.

I'd put Diablo 1 intro on par with Act 3 and Diablo 1 epilogue on par with Act V again.

This is probably more important than we realize. The first games do a much better job of conveying that we didn't expect you to come back feeling. Lore is fun and all but I think it can only go so far before it becomes insultingly masturbatory as it's "fleshed out." Once you start the game as the prophecied nephalem or whatever you were in 3 it automatically sets you up on a series of flashy sideshows on your way to your photo op on the trophy podium.

I disagree. I think Act V is a lot of fun since you get a big enemy variety, lots of optional dungeons, a bunch of unique tilesets when most acts only have 4, and the opening part of fighting up the slopes with a bunch of barbarian allies is great.

We're talking cinematics here, user. Not gameplay.
LoD epilogue is a bad cinematic.

Oh that bit. I guess. You just mean Tyrael destroying the Worldstone?

I wouldn't say it was a bad one, exactly. Maybe a little unexpected in that Tyrael hurls his sword and blows up the Worldstone.

Still, it was a pretty awesome explosion the first few times.