Metroid thread

I really hope Prime 4 exists. Nintendo's refusal to communicate with the fans is worrying, and knowing them they'll just stay silent on it for 5 years. The worst part is that I fear they won't learn anything.

Attached: Samus.gif (500x300, 2.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vgchartz.com/db/game.php?id=153120
vgchartz.com/game/1339/metroid-prime/sales
youtube.com/watch?v=pX4mhp-8sOc
youtube.com/watch?v=KYuwxHb8yuo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It exists, but it's barely taking off. Retro posted a help wanted on fucking TWITTER for an ART DIRECTOR. I fear for Metroid's official future.

People praise Nintendo for canceling the project when under Bamco's shoddy care, but I feel like that was just a sign of how little they cared. If they really valued Metroid, Bamco would've never seen the game in the first place.

of course it exists
I just hope it hasn't killed Retro's other game in the process

also Retro, for fuck's sake, give me something to do while backtracking this time

Attached: MetroidDread-ErisSpaceColony.png (1792x864, 214K)

in a perfect world, Retro would have had 4 the whole time and the mainline series would be given to WayForward instead of MercurySteam
I can't believe they've carted off the main series to the people who killed Castlevania

> Nintendo's refusal to communicate with the fans
What? They specifically communicated that they were delaying it to restart development rather than leaving us to assume it was in Dev Hell/Cancelled.

Nintendo were foolish not to scoop up Iga when he left Konami

They teased it basically right as Bamco was just starting production. Considering they canned Bamco and Retro just started themselves, it'll be at least another year or so before we see anything workable.

Since the dissolution of R&D1, Nintendo has had absolutely zero idea what to do with Metroid.

Whoa whoa, let's not go that far. Wayforward's only claim to fame is those crappy Shantae games. In retrospect, Mercurystream was the lesser evil here, since Samus Returns was actually playable.

>They specifically communicated that they were delaying it to restart development
They said this despite us never seeing a single thing of Bamco's Prime 4. They didn't even give the opportunity of knowing if their decision was justified.

Why is Metroid so niche compared to other Nintendo titles?

Is an art director really that important at such an early stage of development?

Art direction shapes a game's look. For a prime example, see Viktor Antonov's work on HL2.

Because all of the elements that make it unique also happen to make it difficult to market to wider audiences.

no one at Nintendo wants to work on it
Nintendo doesn't want to fund it either after years of misfires

the main problem is Sakamoto, he is a cancer and needs to be removed as the series head
put Tanabe as top dog and start pumping fresh blood into it

honestly at this point the series needs to break away hard from its traditions and do something like Fusion or Echoes did, but better

Because Nintendo doesn't do anything with it.

We got inklings and the villager in Mario Kart before Samus, for example.

Nintendo has no idea what made Metroid good in the first place. They just think "SEXY WOMAN ON FRONT = INSTANT PROFIT" which is what gave us pic related. The series still hasn't recovered from it because Nintendo just wants to push ZSS to the front every time.

Attached: Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg (250x345, 87K)

here we go again

Why did they not give it to retro in the first place?

The other anons are somewhat correct, but neglect to mention that Metroid does NOT sell well. Not compared to Mario, Kirby, Zelda, not compared to fucking Splatoon.

The best thing Nintendo can do is sell Metroid to From Software, honestly.

Attached: 1560907175169.gif (354x304, 107K)

>They didn't even give the opportunity of knowing if their decision was justified.
It must have been THAT bad.

>The best thing Nintendo can do is sell Metroid to From Software, honestly.

Attached: 1532962169066.jpg (600x656, 60K)

This IS the same company that greenlit Federation Force and Other M. I'm not sure if they care about quality control.

>maybe they learned and care now?
fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

You're a few years off. If I had said
>The best thing Nintendo can do is sell Metroid to Platinum Games
then that would be reddit.

Attached: 1558147835480.jpg (628x987, 83K)

they were working on their own game
with no E3 reveal, it looks like its been shelved for good

They have no reason to talk about game development unless is close to release or is an actual big event, such as a new Zelda or Mario. I'm sure they'll reveal Metroid Prime 4 again when it's at least a year close to release.

>The best thing Nintendo can do is sell Metroid to From Software, honestly.
Agreed, but only if it's the team NOT working on the Souls series, or Sekiro, or Bloodborne, or Eldin Ring, or any of the billion+ Not!Souls games they've been churning out. They need to give Metroid the Armored Core treatment and just have it be corporate robotic destruction with some flavor of customization. Obviously avoid anything introduced post-Ps2 era. I don't need boostshit and 20 FPS in Metroid.

Attached: 1094387-armored-core.jpg (1280x1024, 255K)

Because Metroid is not popular in Japan and even in the west is kind of a feat if any game ever reaches a million sales. Consider also that the series hasn't really had so many games compared to other series so its fanbase has remained the same with little growth.

>Because Metroid is not popular in Japan and even in the west is kind of a feat if any game ever reaches a million sales.
Beengo. Metroid is probably the most mainstream niche series fucking EVER.

Other M was Sakamoto trying to make Metroid more story driven and it backfired hard on his face so at least he corrected that on Samus Returns, while Federation Force wasn't really a bad game, it simply was announced and released with the worst possible timing, when the series had been suffering a very bad drought and after the release of Other M which already had the fanbase quite upset.

Stop hating M:SR

>Obviously avoid anything introduced post-Ps2 era.
Do you really look back on all that time you spent on our team with such disdain? All the team free battles, the dicking around with themed team setups, dunking on Vanaheim so hard they permanently convert to tryhards when someone tells them we're online? None of those meant anything to you?

>while Federation Force wasn't really a bad game,
user, I'm gonna stop you right there. Fed Force was genuinely terrible even if you divorced it from any semblance of Metroid controversy. It was a poorly made, ultra casual coop meme where you bounced balls into goals in a very slow manner that didn't take thought at all, and any other gameplay involved shooting extremely slow moving, single-digit AI enemies. The online was dead on arrival, and even if it wasn't, the netcode was pure ass. The singleplayer was shorter than any other metroid game, had no exploration, no thought put into the level design, and they wanted FULL PRICE for it. Infact, the singleplayer was nothing but a tiny tutorial for the defunct multiplayer. It deserved to be shat on a billion times over.

A decent spinoff would be something like Metroid Prime Pinball. Sure it's nothing fancy, but you get what's on the title, no gimmicks or tricks involved. And even without Metroid, it's still a good pinball game.

All of that involved the fanbase that desperately tried to fix From's mistakes. And while it was valiant of them, it basically demonstrated the idea "you can have fun with anything, as long as you're playing with friends." Ultimately it doesn't fix the major issues that were present. All the time spent with good teammates didn't fix the fact that ACV's online was so terrible that it literally shut down within not even 2 years, and all those online exclusive bosses went poof!

I can chock that up to them trying to make it a pesudo MMO, instead of online just being player vs player, which is what it should've been.

>Federation Force was an abominatio-

Attached: FederationForce.webm (960x582, 2.86M)

Oh, you mean that game that isn't as good as Hollow Knight, who's entire existence will be compared to and lessened by Hollow Knight?

So it's what, Borderlands for toddlers?
...so it's Borderlands?

>slow moving monster completely unaffected by pea shooters
>doesn't follow the players at all, just wanders around aimlessly
>takes everyone shooting at him just to get his AI to stop sleeping on the job
>he just slowly walks to the players, instead of speeding at them

Attached: images.jpg (150x94, 5K)

I don't even mind ZSS, I just want her to be the space amazoness she always was

>Nintendo will never create a Metroid game where you can fly the ship to other planets of your own volition looking for different parts and upgrades for yourself.

Metroid + Subnautica but in space would be a nice combination.

What makes Metroid fun to you people? I've tried to play Super Metroid a few times, but always end up dropping it. Prime was great for a few hours, but started to feel like "busy work" of just keep going around trying to find where to get the upgrade so you can start going after the next upgrade
I mean, the game doesn't feel rewarding and I don't really know Samus motivation/why she's doing what she's doing.

I want her to be badass first, THEN sexy. Sexy should not be the entire point of her character. Infact, Metroid Prime proved that you don't even need to show her out of the suit for the game to be good. You don't need a sexy incentive to want to finish the game faster or with 100% of items.

Then again, Prime did have something else to incentivize it, which was the sequel hook to Prime 2.

>I mean, the game doesn't feel rewarding and I don't really know Samus motivation/why she's doing what she's doing.
Do you really need motivation? There are bad guys everywhere, and your job is to shoot them in the face with your laser gun. You collect powerups so your laser will kill more bad guys.

HK should be compared to SM, Fusion or even Zero Mission, and on that front it fails miserably

>but started to feel like "busy work" of just keep going around trying to find where to get the upgrade so you can start going after the next upgrade
That's the entire point of the Metroid/Castlevania genre. Going back and exploring near areas with unlocks from other areas. Depending on the developer its also very minimalist with its story. Zelda in space.

>HK isn't better than Fusion or Zero Mission

Attached: 365.gif (256x192, 546K)

Scifi, movement mechanics, art design, worldbuilding, music
Both 2D and Prime feature all of this in great fashion, except movement on Prime's side. No other game in this gameplay style(metroidvania or Metroid-like or whatever it's called these days) satisfies me the way Metroid does.

Attached: 70267636_p0.png (1950x1000, 2.93M)

>What makes Metroid fun to you people?
Lots of exploration in isolated planets and facilities, with great atmosphere, very fun upgrades through the whole series and a very decent difficulty.

>I mean, the game doesn't feel rewarding and I don't really know Samus motivation/why she's doing what she's doing.
Samus' fight against the Space Pirates is pretty much personal, especially against Ridley being the monster who killed her parents when she was only four(?). She's just a bounty hunter taken in high regard by the Galactic Federation for being the only holder of Chozo technology, armed to the teeth and simply a hero willing to risk her life every single time she's called to duty.

Metroid Prime 3 was originally going to have a focus on Samus' bounty hunter career, allowing you to choose contracts and such.

Definitely not better than ZM.

I would like an HD stylized or detailed sprite 2D Followup to fusion, please.

Attached: imnotwrong.png (526x413, 270K)

Wayforward have no interest in working with Nintendo.
Mercury Steam are shit but Nintendo need a developer and they are the only one that nintendo were able to get to work on Metroid, now sure they don't understand what they are doing, and there are constant errors in Samus Returns with no excuse for them being in the game, but that's the best Nintendo could do for a Metroid developer, so that's all you will get.

My ass it isn't better than ZM. HK actually has a difficulty curve, whereas you're lucky if you ever even hear the low health alarm in ZM.

no, prince of persia didn't get an art director till like the last 9 months or something

move fushit to C and then you wouldn't be wrong

>WayForward
Wayforward has never made a complete game in their life, all their best titles are still bite sized at best.

prime 2 was cash. Easily one of the most overlooked sequels.

>They didn't even give the opportunity of knowing if their decision was justified.
It's not the fans' decision if that was justified.

How do you keep interested in the game when you get lost for a good while? I mean, if that's the point, metroidvanias shouldn't be puzzle games, but something more focused on exploration and atmosphere than anything else (to be fair, atmosphere is great in Metroid games)
That's why I want to like these games, the art design and atmosphere is amazing. Too bad I don't really like the gameplay, I guess. I really like the movement mechanics, that made Prime get some extra hours for me.
About the plot, why don't they tell you that through the game? What's the Galatic Federation? Don't tell me she's some military sheep

sells horribly in Japan, and alright at best in the west.

And that's the kind of thinking that makes me suspect that Nintendo doesn't care, and they didn't cancel it out of concerns of quality. They just don't want another Metroid period, so they buried Samus Returns on the dying 3DS, and they'll continue canceling Prime 4 (if it even exists at this point) until people forget about it.

Same excuse Miyamoto gave when he discussed why they never made any more F-Zero games.

why would it not exist retard

>How do you keep interested in the game when you get lost for a good while?
I don't think its possible to be an exploration game where you don't get "lost" at some point. The collectibles can sometimes be infuriatingly confusing or difficult to find but the main storyline path is usually quite clear with where you need to go, especially in the prime games.

Nintendo probably knows they couldn't compete with the rest of the market in terms of FPS (or FPA lol).
So its not so much that they don't know what to do with it, its that they can't really prop it up as a FPS competitor because it needs to retain the 'Nintendo for all of the family stamp'. They can't just try to re-create Super Metroid over and over again either (even though many fans wants them to do just that). So what do you really do with the series.

>About the plot, why don't they tell you that through the game?
Manuals + Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion's intro exposit more about the feds.

>wayforward
STOP

Attached: E9B9C3DD-4F89-40B7-8590-850265E398AC.jpg (1024x576, 85K)

So you're mad that they're making the games as artists and not to just shit out whatever you personally want, and think it's sabotage. Because fans absolutely don't need to be consulted on whether a game needs to restart development unless you don't give a shit about what you're making and are only trying to please people.

This.

Honestly, Metroid should just die. It had a really really great run and doesn't really demand any more games.

The fan community is amazing and has inspired so many stunning fan games.

It seems like Metroid is limping now. I love this series but idk. I'd rather it end while it's ahead than potentially get worse as time goes on.

Even if they don't star samus, there are countless metroidvania's out there.

Attached: tenor.gif (480x270, 2.11M)

You don't compete. You give it to a team who knows what they want and let them have at it. Look at fucking Valve. They stopped doing whatever they wanted and made card games to compete with Blizzard's, with Hearthstone, and now they've made one of those "autochess" games to compete with League of Legends. Don't compete, just fucking do what you want. Lord knows Nintendo has the cash for that.

>About the plot, why don't they tell you that through the game? What's the Galatic Federation? Don't tell me she's some military sheep

Metroid has always been a "show, don't tell" series with small amounts of backstory during the game intros and the manuals in older games, that's the charm that Sakamoto almost ruined in Fusion with its linearity and constant cutscenes. Regarding Samus, she was raised by a Chozo faction after she survived the Space Pirate raid in the space cruiser she was in with her family and as she grew up they trained her since they prophetized she'd become a beacon of light for the whole universe. They're the ones who eventually equip her with her first Power Suit before joining the Galactic Federation (where she meets Adam) and later becoming a bounty hunter.

Nintendo couldn't compete with the rest of the FPS market when Metroid Prime 1 came out, this means absolutely nothing.

This isn't Mega Man or Classicvania, fag.

They could at least show us what they canceled and attempt to explain why.

>HURRR DURR THEY DON'T OWE YOU SHIT
Well I'm sorry if I waited patiently for 9 years and would like a little assurance that you don't just treat me like a walking wallet. I guess that's too much to ask?

You don't have to market a game you don't release. You can infinitely cancel and restart production, then end it anytime you want and claim "welp nobody cares about the series, canceled".

Have you forgotten when other companies pull this stunt? Remember Megaman Legends 3? How they would gauge the reaction of the fans by how well the demo did? A Demo THEY NEVER RELEASED?

Maybe it should be. If I want a walking simulator, I'll take a gander at my Ps4's library.

can you name a time nintendo has done this?

Can we have a single Metroid thread?

Daemon X Machina is supposedly doing this. Did you not see their feedback video? They seem to communicate with their fans, instead of shouting "WE'RE OBJECTIVELY RIGHT, YOU'LL EAT WHAT WE SHIT ON YOUR PLATE AND YOU'LL DO IT WITH A SMILE".

Yet they can't extend that same courtesy to Metroid?

I fucking hate Metroidvania so I'd actually love that.

So there was a big Space Pirate raid, her parents were killed by Ridley, she was adopted by an organization of bounty hunters called the Galatic Federation and they trained her after prophetizing she'd become a beacon of light for the whole universe? So the Galatic Federation has nothing to do with the government? Like, they are not like the police or the military, right?

>so they buried Samus Returns on the dying 3DS, and they'll continue canceling Prime 4 (if it even exists at this point) until people forget about it.

Excuse me? Didn't Samus Returns actually sell really well and beyond expectations? And please don't be spreading missinformation about Metroid Prime when they actually had the decency of mentioning they were resetting development with Retro as the main developer, that's why is taking so long for news to come, they literally started development again last year.

metroid is dead. nintendo hates the IP and know there isnt any way to make fans happy

daemon x machina isnt a nintendo game and i was talking about cancelling it quietly.

>Didn't Samus Returns actually sell really well and beyond expectations?
Last I checked it barely broke 700k. That's 1% of the 3DS's installbase. If Nintendo considered that a success, then I have to call them a liar. At the least they would've attempted to port it to the Switch for extra sales and to further pad out the library.

>And please don't be spreading missinformation about Metroid Prime when they actually had the decency of mentioning they were resetting development with Retro as the main developer,
They never explained why. they just said "because we can, now be silent goyim".

Was the project low quality? Was Bamco taking up too many resources? Was there internal conflict? Why do the fans get left out?

Theres difference between making quality of life changes to an existing game thats coming out next month, than a canceled project.

Are all metroid fags this retarded?

Why would they show you the remnants of dev work that they clearly didn't like, you dumb shit? What good would that do for anybody?

I could do with an ARPG metroid, so exploring dead ends or generally being lost in the map doesn't feel like a waste of time

Obtaining upgrades through Chozo statues or the like became more ridiculous as the series went on
how about giving Samus what she needs from the get go and having 4 item slots to create/customize certain builds to traverse particular areas or fight bosses

so basically an igavania yeah

Sakamoto seemed satisfied by how it sold.

Daemon x Machina didn't show you parts of the game that the devs didn't like, they gave you a demo and asked for feedback to tweak what might need tweaking. That's got literally no connection to showing off the work done when devs restart a project, which fucking nobody does because why would you show work you yourself admitted was terrible?

>how about giving Samus what she needs from the get go and having 4 item slots to create/customize certain builds to traverse particular areas or fight bosses
This is EXACTLY what the series fucking needs at this point. Hollow Knight, and Axiom Verge, do extremely well in this regard. Aeion was a step in this direction, but it's not enough. Give me the option to replace the parry with an aggressive shoulder bash so I don't have to stop moving. Let me combo a perfectly timed shoulder bash into a charge shot. Come the fuck on Metroid is BEGGING for this treatment.

Attached: Other M 2.0.webm (640x328, 2.87M)

>Hollow Knight do extremely well in this regard.
Hollow Knight doesn't even let you wall jump until three hours into the game.

ITs called ice beams and missiles.

I prefer the Classicvania games to Metroidvania, but I like Metroid's gameplay. I think it's because you're usually making progress, be it through finding missile upgrades or getting that new item component you need. There's an "a-ha" moment when you find something you realize will let you bypass earlier obstacles, which often allows you to get more upgrades along the way

Back-tracking and trying to figure out what the hell to do is always tedious, though I don't run into it often enough in Metroid to become a dampener. Usually you'll have a good ballpark reference for where to go next.

And yet Nintendo doesn't want to do either. They think they're the only ones allowed to dictate what should be in a Metroidvania. Yet Hollow Knight and AM2R prove them wrong.

It would show that they actually cared about quality, and the canceling was justified? I know I'm gonna be called an "entitled asshole" for this, but after 9 years they owe this to us to be more open about their work projects. What is your thought process when you say that Nintendo has every right to shit on their customers, and we're not allowed any say in it?

the reason I'm adamant about this is that this very same radio silence led to Other M.

?
So give it to the player early in this hypothetical Metroid.

...what exactly are we talking about here?

Every 2D Metroid, since Super, has given you wall jumping from the start.

>not compared to fucking Splatoon
Absolute retard.

>So give it to the player early in this hypothetical Metroid.
There is literally no problem here and I don't know why you're replying.

He wants to be part of Nintendo's dev meetings.

>Back-tracking and trying to figure out what the hell to do is always tedious
this is where SotN got it right, you're constantly leveling up and finding weapons, magic, items, etc. so even when exploring dead ends, you're always engaging with the game and making progress
all metroid can offer is health and missiles, enemies you can almost always ignore and just tank through
fusion was definitely on to something, give the enemies something more to offer the player on a constant basis

I don't know, to me the exploration and finding upgrades is what makes Metroid.
They should instead of there just being Chozo upgrades have others. Like you could build up a chozo / space pirate hybrid build, or a luminoth / something something build.

Long story short, stop treating customers like they're just walking wallets, and let us see the game as it develops. Indie devs have no problem doing this, so why can't nintendo?

Cope.

vgchartz.com/db/game.php?id=153120
vgchartz.com/game/1339/metroid-prime/sales
lmao

they dont owe you anything kid, now go take your autism pills

????????????????
>to me the exploration and finding upgrades is what makes Metroid.
How is this excluded in a want of finding swappable upgrades to build your Samus?

Indie devs sometimes choose to do that, usually because they're crowdfunded and their 'customers' are closer to investors. No developers are under obligation to show their dev process to fans, big or small.

Hey folks, I was always interested in Metroid but I never got the courage to play until now. I want to get into this series. Which game should I play first?

Super Metroid.

He's saying that "not even Splatoon" is a stupid statement when Splatoon has been some of the best selling games of both the last two generations. Of course it's nowhere near the absolute juggernaut of Nintendo, even Zelda or Kirby struggle to ever come anywhere close.

Zero Mission
then Super
then Fusion
then Prime

then the rest

And this is why I have no hope for Prime 4, or any future Nintendo releases. This level of disrespect just makes Nintendo out to be a greedy corporate who is no different from the competition. They're definitely not our "friend" as many fans would like to believe.

I'm not saying they're obligated, but after years of leaving us high and dry, it's so disrespectful that we don't even get a say in how things develop.

if you want me to be honest, my favorite game of this entire generation has been receiving updates for 8 years, and every single step of the way they showcase content AND take in customer feedback. And they're a tiny literally who company who only has one game to their name. And yet they can pull it off just fine. It definitely wouldn't hurt Nintendo, who regularly makes more money than most small countries.

Attached: Leviathan.jpg (800x441, 96K)

Why are fellow Metroidfags so dramatic? The series is in a better place than it was for years, these aren't the dark ages anymore

So, what's wrong with Other M?
Did anyone here actually like it? Are there any reasons to hate it, or defend it?

t. person who played all of the Metroids through the use of emulation and a GameCube-compatible Wii between about 2007 and 2010 except that one (and obviously the 3DS ones)

go play kickstarter trash if you want dev blogs

No. A faction of the Chozo, an avian race considered the most intelligent species in the galaxy, were who adoped her when she was a kid, they were the ones who trained her after they predicted she'd have an important role in the future. She later joined the Galactic Federation who are pretty much a space military in charge of maintaining order in the galaxy and who have been in constant war against the Space Pirates. It was after Samus left the GF when she became a hired gun, which eventually caused the events of the first Metroid when she was hired by them to get rid of Mother Brain in Zebes.

>it's so disrespectful that we don't even get a say in how things develop.
No it's not. That's not disrespectful, that's literally how most games, and really most artistic endeavors in general get made. The fans don't need to be part of the process until they are contributing to the process by doing so. And you aren't, so you don't need to be told shit.

Lol as if Metroid is the only franchise in existence to go years without a game. God you metroid fags are melodramatic.

That's why I'm waiting on Hollow Knight: Silk Song, which was specifically made to address every complaint about the original. Even complaints made ITT were addressed. Remember how people didn't like that movement was so slow? Hornet now starts with major movement options off the bat. I'm just saying that it would be pretty nice if Nintendo could do something similar. How can you have hope for Prime 4 if you simultaneoulsy believe that all criticism is evil and that consumers should be silenced?

metroid prime 4 will be shit nintendo isn't even letting the fanbase oversee the development so how do they even know if we approve of what's getting made

Zero Mission

>IP count didn't go up

>if you simultaneoulsy believe that all criticism is evil and that consumers should be silenced
Oh you're just shitposting, well that's on me I guess.

>you don't need to be told shit
>Nintendo has never once made a bad game
>if you don't blindly worship your corporate master, then you just hate fun

That is gonna be a yikes from me.

>which was specifically made to address every complaint about the original

lmao no

sometimes people post multiple times in threads

Is that not what you said? Let's review the replies, shall we?

>Nintendo doesn't owe you shit
>any game on kickstarter is shit, including Hollow Knight
>fans are nothing but slaves and should never complain about products

It seems pretty open and shut.

Zero Mission and Super Metroid are both great entry points, the first being a really good remake of the very first game, the second being by far one of the best games ever. I'd say get into NES Metroid later, it is way too punishing and has too many long vertical empty towers to navigate.

OP is an idiot.

Attached: 1560292102162.png (650x581, 284K)

Well this thread is going down the tubes.

Attached: 1470124238883.png (958x1349, 889K)

>I really hope Prime 4 exists.
It does.
>Nintendo's refusal to communicate with the fans is worrying,
It isn't, they admitted they had to start over because Namco fucked up.
What a pointless fucking thread.

>It isn't, they admitted they had to start over because Namco fucked up.
That was an excuse to put the series on ice for good. They didn't care about quality control. That was just corporate PR.

[citation needed]

seeSure doesn't look like Nintendo cares about quality control.

Nearly ten fucking years Yea Forums has been baited by this exact thread.

That's not a source, that's just your opinion taken out of your ass.

prove it show us the archive

Attached: 1562797132544.jpg (683x970, 558K)

Imagine being baited by fucking ACfag in 2019

Attached: 1559800236374.png (1280x3512, 3.22M)

i thought acfag liked other m

so you think Other M isn't a POS shat out for the sake of money?

>Missile launcher isn't armed

Attached: 1461670509785.png (320x207, 100K)

Ohh, nice. Is the GF an organ of the State like the military? Is there even State? In Metroid universe people still live okay somewhere or has it all gone ape shit? Metroid plot seems interesting, even if it doesn't mention any politics or anything... I just wanted to understand if Samus like a braindead soldier who does shit because someone told her to or they all take their missions because they want and shit

Attached: Chozo Ruins.jpg (1920x1184, 449K)

No, what he does do is act like other M is the sole reason that people people are into "waifu shit" and everyone adores the game.
Naturally, anyone disagreeing with him in anything also loves Other M. He's insane, do not respond to him

Them tubes, huh?

>No, what he does do is act like other M is the sole reason that people people are into "waifu shit" and everyone adores the game.
Meanwhile, my thread is under assault by zero suit spammers akaAnd why? Because I said Other M was a bad game. Hmmm, it's almost as if I was right on the money.

I'm not joking, guys. Let me in on this supposed failure.

Any other games that do environmental storytelling right?

Based tubeposter

And he's been doing this for ten fucking years.

samus is mai waifu

Attached: metroid___samus_be_my_valentine_by_genzoman-d8i0z23.jpg (675x900, 520K)

post moar waifu

Attached: __samus_aran_metroid_drawn_by_dog_hate_burger__2f4f18064f4a63d07352d7fc30e9be8c.jpg (827x1169, 454K)

W A I F U

Attached: __samus_aran_metroid_drawn_by_tekuho_no_habo__c7f52732221662aab2843f3a94d0db96.jpg (1157x1598, 1.31M)

I could list a billion reasons why Other M is literally hitler, but I'll shorten it to a few huge flaws.

>unskippable cutscenes
>no exploration allowed
>gameplay consists of blindly mashing buttons while auto-lockon takes away any skill in aiming (think Megaman X7)
>secrets all shown on the map
>doors lock behind you to prevent backtracking
>rehashes Fusion down to the last plot point, which was in itself a POS game

The story is its own can of beans regarding why it's so bad, but I figured the gameplay complaints were what you'd be looking for.

Samus is an independent bounty hunter but is favored by the GF since she's the go to mercenary when dealing with anything Space Pirate related. Even if she closely works with them, she still opposes them when she finds out they were planning on capturing the Paraside X in Fusion.

Consider the Space Pirates themselves call her "The Hunter" and constantly try to replicate her suit's technology.

>no exploration allowed
>doors lock behind you to prevent backtracking
Ahhh, that's what. Damn. I can understand being mad then, exploration is literally why I like to play Metroid and Castlevania.
>secrets all shown on the map
Well, fuck.

Also I curiously - and sadly - played Megaman X7. I fucking hate games with shit handling, the original Metroid also being one of them.
And now, I will watch YouTube videos about Other M before going to bed because I'm interested

Attached: __samus_aran_metroid_metroid_other_m_and_super_smash_bros_drawn_by_louten__7be6a2a8bde3c8c53965edf9e (1169x1654, 937K)

I h ave one video that might be able to help you.

youtube.com/watch?v=pX4mhp-8sOc

Don't be put off by his nasally youtube voice. He does bring up a thousand good points.

@ACFag
What is your favourite Metroid game.

Super

ok

What do you think of Castlevania Symphony of the Night?

Zero Mission

play Super/Prime after, doesn't matter which one first

story chronology doesn't mean much

Nintendo cares about quality control, but Nintendo also cares about experimentation, which sometimes work out to sell gangbusters. Other M was absolutely an experiment in many respects, and it failed spectacularly.
You're also talking out of your ass.

Attached: $RDPOTHG.png (174x290, 46K)

Attached: mommysamus.png (700x500, 119K)

I'm ready for the Metroid 5 announcement.

Zero Mission first, Other M never.

same

Attached: 1551983950141.jpg (421x750, 52K)

Super Metroid's controls are so bad, the game is so good but I cannot stand to play it anymore.

It's definitely takes getting used to. Space jump and wall jump are still tricky to me

youtube.com/watch?v=KYuwxHb8yuo

This, Sakamoto even stated it was an experiment.

The only thing that can save Metroid’s soul is to remove Samus Aran and replace her with 54M-u5 4R-4N, the Varia suit’s AI.

>ACfag shits up another thread
>newfags keep responding to his bait
I hate this place sometimes.

I liked this video but something bugged me: I've always said and heard Samus A-ran, but he says Samus a-RAN. Which one's the correct pronunciation?

Well, it's better than a porn dump in any case.

Porn dump at least brings some of us pleasure, fag.

what?

If you want a porn dump so bad there are several dedicated boards for that shit.