How many years until we get REAL VR? The same kind as in SAO and shit...

How many years until we get REAL VR? The same kind as in SAO and shit. I just want to live in my own perfect anime world and leave this hell hole.

Attached: stupid fucking hat.jpg (1024x1024, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/8BTZt7AQLsg_R9VBmg1oIA/
youtube.com/watch?v=lA77zsJ31nA
youtube.com/watch?v=v3XcQtoja_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=oYcrt8bvAmg
files.catbox.moe/tkez59.jpg
popularmechanics.com/science/a14256/a-blind-minnesotan-man-sees-again-with-bionics/
imgur.com/a/didzSHX
youtube.com/watch?v=BLE5yhS3k3I
files.catbox.moe/st7yjd.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=35QvyaRn6OY&t=994s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/8BTZt7AQLsg_R9VBmg1oIA/

As soon as we stop equating movement in real life=movement 1:1 in game because otherwise it'll stay a meme gimmick fad that is just stereoscopy with a gyroscope.

>The same kind as in SAO and shit
It's a good thing we aren't that gay

I want answers, user.

Never? I don't think that's possible

the hardware required to render a setting your brain wouldn't immediately freak the fuck out over is out of reach for the foreseeable future, even assuming the dude lmao radiation beaming that shit into your skull works and doesn't give you eight different kinds of cancer instantly. You wouldn't be able to afford it anyway.

Attached: Herzog.jpg (1000x820, 218K)

the noose is cheaper user

>radiation meme
I bet you think phones give you cancer

I believe concentrated ionizing (read: high energy) radiation gives you cancer. I don't believe anything but high energy nonsense would intercept your brainstem.

Werner Herzog starring in an isekai when?

nigga phones do give you cancer, you sound like a tranny communist, take some redpills and learn some truth you absolute retard

neuralink bro

We are either going to go extinct or have a total collapse as the bottom falls out of society and the 1st world economy before we get to that point, sorry bro, I've been waiting for a real .hack The World to exist for decades myself.

give it a decade or two
youtube.com/watch?v=lA77zsJ31nA

>my own perfect anime world and leave this hell hole.

Attached: 8492748e.jpg (705x529, 33K)

never ever, didn't Carmack himself talk about how they basically hit a brick wall regarding the technology of current VR? they don't even have any ideas to improve haptic feedback. the hardware goals for VR is basically MORE RESOLUTION

true I better wear some tinfoil

>You wouldn't be able to afford it anyway.
He would because for it to be profitable it would need to at the very least be affordable to the middle class. Any kind of new tech like this is meant for the mass consumer, not the filthy rich. The filthy rich will get it first and essentially beta test it for mass consumption. Same thing happened with computers.

You'd need something hardwired into your brain to achieve full VR, it could mimick injuries through your pain receptors for full immersion.

The brain is actually capable of rationalizing things with even some really absurd rules. Especially if you've been at it a while, your brain will, in fact, adjust.

Ever wonder why after playing tetris for a while, you start seeing falling blocks when you close your eyes? The same thing will happen once we have virtual worlds.

If our brains can adapt to TETRIS, then our brains can adapt to something only fairly similar to irl.

Oculus is doing some pretty cool stuff with face tracking, but this wouldn't do anything for single player games. You can kindof see what facebook was thinking when they bought them now.
youtube.com/watch?v=v3XcQtoja_Y

I'm not connecting to my pain receptors bro fuck that

>you will never hop into the World for an evening and go delving some new keyphrase dungeons with your buddies
>youll never hang around in Mac Anu and appreciate the comfy and the music
>youll never have friends who would throw themeselves against something in game that could put them in comas, just to protect you
Why exist

Attached: gold.png (1920x1080, 569K)

About 4 years after you die give or take

Do you really want that? Because the second you put on the helmet, you'll never know if you took it back off again.

He will because things like getting hungry and thirsty exist.

I had friends like that, or at least I felt like I did, playing the original Guild Wars when I was 12-15 many years ago. There's only one of them left that I talk to at this point. Something about internet friends at that age was so god damn magical.

To this day I think that's some of the best video game music that exists, its up there with some of the greater Final Fantasy soundtracks and stuff, it's a shame it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I could slowly fade away to my death while listening to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=oYcrt8bvAmg

Attached: 1458256182627.jpg (978x972, 248K)

What kind of question is this
If I was given the chance to be a shonen protagonist, i'd take that in a heart beat.

Attached: 1534911530417.png (153x153, 18K)

But user, dreams have existed since literally forever. People can tell theyre not in those.

Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!

Attached: niVItPi.jpg (1751x2335, 718K)

Just use a headset with ketamine, it's pretty much the same thing

If dogs started talking tomorrow and were as intelligent as humans, would you fuck one?

Implying Im not already having to listen to the mac anu theme from just mentioning it.
I know what you mean though.
A decade or more ago, internet friendships felt very different. In MMOs especially, It feels like people took them more seriously, cherished them more.
Im probably just jaded though.

I miss my old friends from WoW, I've not seen or heard from any of them in a decade. I wonder how they're doing.

Because dreams are distinguishable from reality.

If VR can give you feelings then it can turn off those things too.

yes

Do some drugs and VR is SAO tier shit

What a brainlet post honestly.
>VR will override your internal body and CNS and let you die to starvation!!!

junkies not welcome

Yeah and so are video games.
You're forgetting that we wouldnt be able to get photorealistic / realistic animation / realistic reaction in everything for a long-ass time. You won't be able to confuse them for real life.
Just maybe distract yourself well for a while.

It's because back then everyone was less jaded, we were making internet friends for the first time. We thought we'd be friends forever and we were able to bond by having our own private world to meet in after school and shit, where there were no adults, just us. It was like an anime. The internet was young and shittier back then, so we also got to bond over having no idea how to actually be good at video games and had to work together and talk to each other in game.

Compare that to now, when every modern MMO can be damn near solo'd, and if it cant, everyone, even young zoomers know how to just look up the easiest and most efficient way to do something on youtube. Nobody talks in game anymore either, because everyone who's important is already talking to their existing friends outside of the game in a discord call.

It also helps to not be a ridiculously jaded adult, I'm sure that also has something to do with it.

Attached: 1413752654103.jpg (645x555, 96K)

>I just want to live in my own perfect anime world and leave this hell hole.
>He hasn't learned how to lucid dream/astral project

Attached: hQrtSiW.png (800x720, 249K)

If it will ever be made, it sure as hell isn't going to be developed by a video game company. That's some serious neuroscience shit.

SAO had a great premise and the concept of full dive vr is incredible but the creator doesn't know how vidya works and can't write for shit.

if you mean real as in like you actually feel and experience everything as if you were actually there and aren't even aware of the outside world, then decades, and that's assuming perfect neurological machine interfaces are actually scientifically possible beyond "oooh, i feel a little tingling and a little warmth on the lower half of my body"

>nigga
>tranny
>communist
>redpills

Attached: 1563164050819.png (1226x690, 824K)

old ghetto chinese smartphones from like 10 years ago could give you acute radiation poisoning from the shitty toxic batteries they used, but that's about it

Yeah pretty much. None of them feel like communities anymore. Just games that have other players running around for you to try and scam on the auction house.

That said, there's a game Bamco have been trailing called Blue Protocol which I have high hopes for. The aesthetic takes me right back to .hack and some other of the video-game animes.
I doubt it'll have a proper community feeling either, but who knows.
I actually tried out Phantasy Star Universe a bit ago on prviate servers, and people actually *were* friendly like the old days. It was a real blast from the past - probably because the only people who give a shit to try it are our age and miss the same thing.

Lucid dreaming is way too fucking hard. One time I knew I was in a dream, so I started running and jumped, assuming i'd be flying because that's what I wanted to happen. Next thing I know, I fall face first onto the ground and wake up. Lucid dreaming is fucking bullshit.

Attached: its over.png (285x276, 65K)

>drugs bad
>neurological interface installed by (((scientist))) good

Attached: mega463383_031e1562859330131.jpg (1241x960, 176K)

its not enough to expect to fly. you have to believe you deserve to fly, that you deserve to be happy and get what you want. Otherwise your dreams will always betray you

Daily reminder that you are aging at an increasing rate relevant to your frame of reference, which is why older people perceive time going faster and days passing by

there is nothing you can do about this and you will very soon die.

Lel I haven't fallen from my bed since I was nine years old or something. If I want to fly I just picture it and it happens, the hard thing is not losing lucidness, not waking up and remembering after you wake up.

You got me interested enough to google it and then I saw it's fucking Japan only. Why do these assholes keep doing this? It's just like Dragon's Dogma online. If they ever did make The World a reality it would probably fucking only be for the japs too.

Attached: rdghdfrgbfdrsgbsdrfgbs.png (1451x649, 650K)

>Nervegear
>Not M2D

Take your Sword Shit Online back to Yea Forums you faggot.

Attached: M2D.PNG.png (658x433, 246K)

Special K doesn't make you hallucinate user. You just fall in the k-hole if you do it too much.

Not for hallucinating, but more so for dissociation the visuals are all provided by the headset anyways...

If we did, you'd have to move somewhere else to play it, it'd probably be illegal over here.

If we knew enough about the brain for full dive VR we’d basically have full mind control available, it’s not happening anytime soon the government would keep it to torture terrorists or something.

As far as I was aware, the beta is japan only but the actual release isnt - at least, that was the understanding I'd got from it so far.
Maybe I got the wrong idea about it. I fucking hope not man, I'm pretty hyped to see how it turns out.

If a cat is fine too, so would be a dog.

you're in virtual reality right now

you realize your brain is more than capable of generating a perfectly fine image on its own with only the smallest suggestions for input, right?
It's called a dream

Also jej, they did have that MMO .hack game.
PS2 and Japan only :^)

I think modern vr is pretty amazing myself there is nothing like it

Guys just want ONE THING and it's FUCKING DISGUSTING

Attached: Capture.png (494x1091, 1.16M)

The crash wouldn't be worth it but I see your point.

Its pretty much scientifically accepted phones can increase cancer likelyhood but can easily be avoided by not talking on the phone for a long time

Source?

Then it wouldn't be REAL VR like the OP wants.

Yeah everytime I lucid dream I just rape anyone in sight

sauce pls

invasive? 15-20 years
non-invasive? like never ever

you can even today connect shitty cameras like rich blind fags do and the brain will adapt after a time and recognise the camera signal pattern and you can see trough it so it isnt fat to connect a fucking computer image to your display directly

>full brain interface VR is developed
>AAA devs too obsessed with rehashing the same old formulas, not interested
>only indie devs making tiny tech demos

It's not the hardware that's the problem desu, even current VR hardware has a way more potential than what's actually being utilized. The problem is the games.

Probably sometime in the early 2040s, but it'll require invasive surgery as in getting an actual plug (so more like the matrix than sao).

Sure anons, have a couple of waifus, on the house.
files.catbox.moe/tkez59.jpg

Attached: 1552518075203.png (960x1202, 1.04M)

At least 50 years from now.

We barely are scratching the surface on BCI technology and reading info from the brain is still an imperfect science. We know jack shit about actually writing information back to the brain (which in and of itself has a fuckton of moral and societal issues that go way beyond vidya).

We'll be lucky to see widely adopted read-only BCI in the next 20-30 years. Writing data back is going to take longer. I think we'll be able to see it start to come to fruition as our generation starts to die off.

>How many years until we get REAL VR?
never
civilized nations will collapse before achieving this

SAO canonically takes place like 3 years from now, sometime 2022.

forgot link (and that was 4 years ago, the future is bright)
popularmechanics.com/science/a14256/a-blind-minnesotan-man-sees-again-with-bionics/

This, if you want invasive check out "Neuralink" it's musks new baby project aiming to give you implants to give an interface between brain and your phone.

The price for SAO will be becoming part of the borg collective.

How to lucid dream?

We'll get robot waifus to play viyda with far before virtual reality

Attached: Robot tfw 2.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

IMAGINE

Attached: d-dame.....webm (854x480, 331K)

Not before 2050

I don't know what Carmack is on, because haptic feedback is well on its way. There's even prototypes for peripherals that simulate weight of objects in virtual reality as you lift them.

Yummy...

ugly skin cancer tan

What is this supposed to be?

Reality checks
Inducing sleep paralysis
Take your pick

it's missing the garbage disposal unit

Threads like these are further proof that Yea Forums is full of uninformed retards that never leave their house.

Attached: 1395493275632.gif (300x400, 149K)

>Power surge
>Dick gets crushed as the electrodes contract the silicone(?) tube to the size of a blood vessel

>The price for SAO will be becoming part of the borg collective.
It's hilarious that SAO somehow developed VR helmets before brain implant chips.

why play anime games why not have sex with celebs

Attached: hot girl.jpg (685x1024, 97K)

Real VR? 20 or so years.

spotted the tranny communist

One thing we did get earlier is reading the brain noninvasive. You can train a neural net to read out what someone perceives. They did it with low res text in the original publication. Same way general manipulation over deactivating brain section over magnetic stimulation ( search for TMS) works too. What we can't do noninvasive is precise manipulation.

here? do you assume everyone here lives in America or something?

2 years

Thanks user.

Because 3DPD

Look up elon musk's interface. We don't need non-invasive when AI surgeons can jam some electrodes below your skull with no blood vessel damage and for pennies.
The future is being wired in.

sounds generic as fuck, it's just your nostalgia

>that link
nice try desu

>caring about celebs
lame and uninspired

you could crawl social networks and randomly virtually fuck each day someone else. GAN's can generate a 3d model from pictures.

You know what? This one's for you.

Very welcome, user.

The image is literally too big for Yea Forums, as it's a /tg/ waifu picker.
Here's an imgur link if that's more your speed.
imgur.com/a/didzSHX

Attached: I'm a what.jpg (738x775, 60K)

that's a big butthole

youtube.com/watch?v=BLE5yhS3k3I
dude, it's totally for testing, uh, sensitive fruits and stuff, haha

That guy is kinda hot tbqh desu

Don't wait for "real" vr, get it now
files.catbox.moe/st7yjd.webm

what the fuck

Attached: lawnmower.jpg (2560x1440, 489K)

Sorry but you were born literally one generation too early

but what about fucking virtual anime girls?

Why are we like this user.
Also sometimes my dream just tries to murder me as soon as i become i aware it's not real.

20 years when we can actually input messages to and from the brain.

elongated musket says within the next year for trials

Government would make this a reality
then it would be unthinkable in consumer hands and only rich would have it for a decade.
Then consumers would get it but a million times better.

just need to start a waifu war.

Attached: vrchat in real life.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Why would the rich use VR you fucking retard? The whole point of VR is to escape your grim life and enter another world. Rich people can buy whatever they want and do whatever they want.

I knew you were a nigger because you did not read the OP

Read OP

>buying vr
>not uploading your brain to a computer
lmao

>Why would the rich use VR you fucking retard
because its expensive.

Rich people can't experience a zombie apocalypse in real life

>The whole point of VR is to escape your grim life and enter another world
or... do illegal shit without consequences?

Neuralink is planning human trials of their implant-based two-way BCI by next year, initially targeting physically disabled patients (cybernetic prosthesis).

Valve is deep into research on an EMRT-based (wireless brain stimulation by electromagnets) two-way BCI, with some kind of BCI product planned as an expansion for their Index HMD (presumably just one-way, probably just gaze tracking).

youtube.com/watch?v=35QvyaRn6OY&t=994s

Probably 15-20 years for the earliest true 'full dive', but within five years for the first broadly available commercial two-way BCI products, which will probably be used alongside VR right from the start.

The rich can use and do anything they want within their physical and financial limitations.

Wtihin a dream-like SAO self-controlled VR world, they would basically be gods living out any sort of fantasy or world of their desire. We could even set it up eventually to trick our brains into living a hundred years in the virtual world when in reality it would only be an hour, or if you want to get really far-out maybe even upload/transfer our consciousness to a dream-like VR system so we could live forever in our own self-made paradises if we ever get tired of this life or are about to die.

A rough estimate, 150 years at the earliest. Most likely significantly longer.

Why so pessimistic? Do you think technology/knowledge won't exponentially advance fast enough to get it within even half that time frame? Not attacking just curious

Doktor turn off my pain inhibitors.

Full Dive VR is some scary shit user.

divide that shit by ten
brain interfaces and a strong fanbase of people with too much money will make it all happen

The tech in .hack is very similar to what we have today. It was just HMDs, not full dive VR. The tech in the first games didn't even have roomscale tracking, they used wired playstation controllers. In 10 years our tech should be better than what was presented in those games. All it needs is higher res screens and the hardware to run it.

>SAO had a great premise
Found the 13 year old with shit taste

Technology does not advance exponentially. The reason why so long is because it would require many other problems solved that don't even directly lead to VR.
Accurately sending signals to the human brain to induce a specific experience would on its own be a gargantuan project making the human genome project look like fingerpainting.

I think I worded it wrong, it had potential. SAO is hot garbage and the abridged series is the only good thing to come out of it.

user, I...

>Technology does not advance exponentially.
Before the 1800's, we didn't have shit like electricity, automatic weapons, etc.

From just the timespan of 1900 to 2000, we went from riding horses to not just traveling to the moon but also having electrically powered vehicles; we went from communicating over phone lines to being globally connected through the internet; we went from dying of diseases like polio to inventing cures and vaccines for shit that would have been nightmares back then. Just from 2000 to 2019 we went from playing shit on an N64 to now having Virtual Reality headsets, streaming videogame services at 4K resolution, and ray tracing in real-time. We went from flip phones to wearable computers with AI assistants. Shit is progressing exponentially faster than you think it is.

SAO's VR premise is the same damn premise as The World premise from .hack though. Just taken a step further

That's never going to happen

>its expensive
>its new
>secret cabal meetings in VR
Huh I wonder why?

That doesnt mean anime is going to become real life

Frankly I'm growing concerned it is advancing too fast now.
We can't keep up and the damage catastrophic accidents could do keeps growing.

You can still make friends in games unless you are some BPDfag that thinks he's too special to interact with most people while waiting for his eboyfriend on a white horse to come save him.

>anime gets balance patches
Shit is already vidya

Attached: NO YOU HAVE TO LOVE MY PERFECT GF ASUNA.jpg (800x960, 107K)

looks like a bigger meme than Fleshlights(tm)

To be fair incest is kinda icky.

Computers have pretty much stayed the same since the 60's. Sorry to burst your bubble.
And within two decades engineers will finally hit the heat limit for processing. The only upset would be stumbling on some unknown miracle tech. Unlikely, even electricity was marginally studied before its real discovery and applications.
But nice of you crazy dreamers to be unrealistically hopeful.

Real life incest is gross, incest porn is great

big tiddy cousins don't count as incest

What about quantum computing and graphene? I heard the only hurdle for consumer quantum computing to happen is the temperature issue.

New materials means new architecture and manufacturing processes, even then not revolutionary enough to make the difference. Probably the switch will happen over the course of one or two decades. And those new processors will cost a fortune.
Not even going to address quantum computing since it doesn't even help with solving problems in the traditional sense.

see

>Talking about VR in voice chat
>We're laughing and start talking about full immersion SAO
>Pseud friend starts going off about how that was in brave new world and is an indication of the downfall of society

I mean looking at how they played, it's not like The World is an out of there concept, they only used an HMD and a controller for IMOQ. It's just a matter of CyberConnect2 actually fucking doing it.

>Implying you'd be the protagonist and not some goober who dies before the first boss thinking he's hot shit

fuck im dying XD

This, it also lent a supernatural element to the comas as they didn't have their brains jacked in ala SAO which helped solidify the idea of the threat being more than a rogue virus. If CC2 were allowed to they could make a real life The World or at the very least, a VR .hack in the vein of //Fragment.

Brave New World society was pretty successful though.

My friend is pretty dumb. He thinks fight club is a masterpiece

shut the fuck up faggot lmao

Who wants to join me on a trip back home?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

That's the best though

>realize you're in a dream
>killer stabs you
>laugh in his face

Attached: db96f72aa4004d3cc03fba83ff97d4e1.gif (351x398, 113K)

You will never play a VR fighting game with your best bro and have the best sex of your life.

>He doesn't know

Attached: WakeUpAnon.jpg (1200x800, 110K)

SAO VR is retarded. Wiring shit directly into our brain for input/output is literally more realistic than what they do in SAO.

good I hate fighting games and I'm not a poofter

A vr fighting game where you're able to do crazy moves sounds pretty epic actually
Guilty gear vr when?

G