Banjo-Kazooie thread

This is a thread for discussion of the Banjo-Kazooie series
Post favorite levels
Post favorite songs and remixes
Talk about Banjo & Kazooie in Smash
Post fanart
Keep Kazooie v Tooie discussions civil, remember that they're both 10/10 masterpieces
Speculate on the future of the series
Do you think Gears For Breakfast would make a good outside dev to handle Banjo-Threeie or an HD Banjo-Duologie?

Attached: banju2.png (868x921, 849K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QF0NQgHyDG0
youtube.com/watch?v=fStWZpeK4-k
youtube.com/watch?v=RavalfYLtww
youtube.com/watch?v=er1DWnAzYr0
youtube.com/watch?v=rQH3PLtl4p0
youtu.be/bcTk-xyIkug
twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1150421246040915969
pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag&word=バンジョーとカズーイの大冒険 擬人化
youtube.com/watch?v=YesjbV4cjG0
legendsoflocalization.com/how-was-banjo-kazooies-rhyming-text-handled-in-japanese/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My favorite levels are Click Clock Woods, Clanker's, MMM, WitchyWorld, Hailfire Peaks, Spiller's Harbor (Grunty's Revenge)

My favorite remixes:
youtube.com/watch?v=QF0NQgHyDG0
youtube.com/watch?v=fStWZpeK4-k
youtube.com/watch?v=RavalfYLtww
youtube.com/watch?v=er1DWnAzYr0
youtube.com/watch?v=rQH3PLtl4p0

I hope Rare will hand over the IP to Retro Studios, seems like they do a good job at revitalizing classics.

Attached: D_EEVpQU4AAknG2.jpg (2048x1150, 182K)

I hope we get Conker and other Rare spirit battles

Attached: comic_sins___raring_fighters_by_lupiarts_dda8828-fullview.jpg (1920x1381, 361K)

I will post this in every Banjo thread until it gets remixed in Smash Ultimate!
youtu.be/bcTk-xyIkug

Attached: 1563467198600.jpg (2673x2145, 389K)

Who is doing these Hercules/Banjo-Kazooie drawings and where can I find more?

Attached: BanjoMonster2.jpg (800x778, 120K)

Post sassy Kazooie's.

Attached: 1561252566648m.jpg (891x1024, 116K)

Attached: bandjo.jpg (2047x1083, 297K)

@skelly_doll on Twitter.
Love their style but BK as a couple isn’t my thing.

Attached: 59862A57-BCE2-4FA8-B90C-ECC2117B93F8.jpg (1545x2048, 341K)

There's only 3 that I know of and Grant shared them

twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1150421246040915969

>Jamjars as Phil

Amazing

>Love their style but BK as a couple isn’t my thing.
Same here, I'm just obligated to save any and all new fanart of them
Bless Sakurai

The fact that the Smash version of Spiral Mountrain is a medley makes me afraid we're not getting any more than that.

>here's your honeycomb, bro

Attached: Bkwiki45.png (640x477, 291K)

grant is coming back for the smash tracks user

Attached: B6FCBC59-A50F-488B-8AE3-E49795370E75.gif (480x269, 175K)

Here's your cheato page senpai

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

That would make me happy because I hate all the medleys in Smash. It sucks when the individual tracks don't get their own time in the sun.
Imagine if we don't get any real remixes of Mr. Patch and Weldar and they're just lumped into the Tooie boss medley. It would be awful.

>Tfw month later and still can't believe it

Attached: 1563426777459.jpg (1189x1136, 108K)

Reminder that Tooie should be viewed as a Metroidvania or Zelda-esque action adventure and not a platformer.

History has been made, ladies and gents. You guys deserved it
t.Pac-Manfag

I just want a goddamn release date, Nintendo. I don't wanna keep playing as my current main when I plan to drop them like a rock when GU-HUH comes out.

>Painted toenails

CUTE!!

Dude... those are just her talons.

>Do you think Gears For Breakfast would make a good outside dev to handle Banjo-Threeie or an HD Banjo-Duologie?
NO. Absolutely fucking not. Keep those goddamn tranny lovers far, far fucking away from an actual series.

Attached: F23A6389-6230-4063-9EB7-AFFD8251BD65.jpg (1032x1457, 631K)

Pretty sure he just did Spiral Mountain
According to him, Nintendo already had some composers doing tracks

I bet Banjo paints them for her

Baby Falco from the past? Or Falco's bastard that he's refusing to pay child-support for?

They're never blue though.

I could do this on N64, but I'm physically unable to do this on an Xbox controller and I'm not buying a Turbo controller to do it. It sucks.

Autism

Please tell me we don’t get screwed by Rare
And only have two songs like Square

Personally I think them being perfectly platonic friends makes a lot more sense

Protip: dont mash like a madman. Her rubberbanding kicks in when you get too far ahead and she'll speed up. Stay just ahead of her and it's easy.

>Grant shared them
That's awesome

Attached: D_EEXOBUYAEx1E3.jpg (1800x1150, 120K)

I can't even get very far past the starting point at Cloud. She'll fucking blast ahead before I tap the button one time and I lose.

Fanart bro, is there any art with human Banjo & Kazooie? I only saw one a while ago.

Attached: 1560401725173.jpg (894x894, 83K)

She is bugged in the Xbox port. Not even trying to manipulate the rubberband AI works.

pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag&word=バンジョーとカズーイの大冒険 擬人化

Knock yourself out. Sorry about the piece of shit that is the very first result though

Do any other games capture the mystique of B&K's secrets? Gobi's door and pic related were really eerie to me as a kid. The fact that Stop'n'Swop would've gone undiscovered without taking apart the code is pretty fascinating.

Attached: BK_Sharkfoodisland.png (1277x957, 486K)

Thanks, some nice stuff in there.

Attached: 74709250_p0.png (896x1500, 1.36M)

Rare replay seems like such a good collection, but I really don't want to buy a xbone for one game

Attached: IMG_20190720_225136.jpg (1536x2048, 250K)

PERFECTION

Attached: 10987418_p0.png (1267x800, 387K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YesjbV4cjG0

I absolutely love hearing live reactions to BK music. It shows people still fucking LOVE this series after so long.

I really, really hope it ends up on Switch. I'll pay Nintendo tax to get Kazooie/Tooie/BFD on the go.

I think a three way effort of Rare, Playtonic and Gears for Breakfast could pull off Banjo Threeie

But I feel that if we got a Banjo Kazooie Remaster, Grunty's Revenge would be fully remade in 3D as a Banjo Kazooie post-game that leads into Tooie, meaning we'd see a GBA game get a 3D conversion and a ton of new content

Quite honestly, I'd be ok with that

Also, I like Nuts and Bolts

Attached: 20190708_004452.jpg (1593x1078, 704K)

True that if it comes to PC and switch I am gonna double dip, I also feel like those two markets in particular still have
Old Rare nostalgia that can be tapped into kinda like with banjo in smash for example.

Attached: 1563490468612.jpg (509x623, 60K)

Rare Replay was released to the wrong audience, I've always thought that since the beginning. I don't know who the fuck they expected to buy it on the Xbone when the people who grew up with Nintendo are likely still with them (for the most part.) Xbone is for point-n-shooty, not saving Tooty.

fucking biased moron shut the fuck up nintendo fanboy.

And a LOL NIGGERS to you too, son.

Attached: F6BDC71C-B98F-4C7C-9476-81DB0477BF33.gif (320x240, 2.48M)

!!!BANJO TOOIE WORLD RANKING!!!
Witchy World > Grunty Industries > Mayahem Temple > Terrydactyland > Cloud Cuckooland > Glitter Gulch Mine > Hailfire Peaks > Jolly Roger's Lagoon

Attached: 1561972704892.gif (150x254, 54K)

No.

On Spiral Mountain, how likely is it for each of these things?

>Gruntilda having insulting rhymes for each unique character ala Codec Calls, probably activated in some special way.
>The Banjo pause them playing when you pause on the stage.
>Mumbo being a stage hazard who might transform a random player into metal, giant, small, etc.
>Jiggy's appearing randomly that give a huge benefit to the player who grabs them first.

Anything else anyone can think of? I have high hopes for at least one unique gimmick, because of Joker's stage changing color based on the music. I think because these stages are part of a DLC package, Sakurai intends to give them all something a little bit special compared to most other stages.

1%
0%
20%
5%

fucking based moron.

I really hope that on Spiral Mountain (Or maybe just for Banjo& Kazooie), the cut to the results screen is replaced by a Jiggy close-in to black, complete with a Slide Whistle

Attached: 1560308221533.jpg (870x1095, 168K)

>Another ugly bear cunt thread ;)

Real talk, why the fuck is Banjo playable? He's an irrelevant character from a dead franchise

Actual iconic characters like most wanted first party, who people have actually had patience to wait for are demoted to fucking assist trophies and spirits, which need I remind you were made ace/legend type so Sakurai could fuck with us, he knows the demand is there. But this ugly fucking bear cunt who has only 5 games, 2 of which weren't even in Japan and has fans that attacked children gets to be playable? I pray every fucking day that trashjo and shitooie are cut next game, which they will be because the next smash will prioritise first party over third, be prepared for 80% of third party (including your Ugly bear cunt) to be cut and replaced with iconic characters like most wanted first parties.

This isn’t fucking acceptable, you can't defend this at all.

Attached: 1401300016564.png (469x361, 110K)

Let me fix that

Hailfire > Industries > Witchyworld > Jolly Roger > Cloud Cuckoo > Terrydactyland > Glitter Gulch > Mayahem

And while we're at it:

Click Clock > Rusty Bucket > Clanker's > Freezeezy > Treasure Trove > Mad Monster > Swamp > Gobi's > Mumbo's Mountain

I really hope they have Gruntilda dialogue. It should be simple enough since they don't even need to hire voice actors.

buttmad furry

>Gruntilda having insulting rhymes for each unique character ala Codec Calls, probably activated in some special way.
Would be awesome but I can't see them doing that
Likely, would be a wasted opportunity
>>Mumbo being a stage hazard who might transform a random player into metal, giant, small, etc.
Biggest likelyhood of the things you suggest
>Jiggy's appearing randomly that give a huge benefit to the player who grabs them first.
Jiggies powering people was never a thing it would be weird to add that

That would be cool, I see it as more likely for just Banjo's result screen. As for Hero, there has never been after combat music in any Dragon Quest game has there? It just goes silent. So he might be the first JRPG guest character without that touch.

rude

You're right about the jiggies, but it's because collecting them is the whole point of Banjo that I thought Sakurai might still somehow make it something you want to do in his stage. Maybe there's a painting of a final Smash Ball and whoever contributes the most jiggies gets their final smash activated, or something like that.

just shut the fuck up stupid faggot.

Joker got so much extra shit because Sakurai has a boner for P5. We have to pray that he owned an N64 and loved Banjo back in the day. Dragon Quest will get loads of bells and whistles because Japan.

Jolly Roger's Lagoon > Witchyworld > Hailfire Peaks > Grunty Indistries > Glitter Gulch Mine > Mayahem Temple > Cloud Cuckooland > Terrydactyland

Real talk, why the fuck is Banjo playable? He's an irrelevant character from a dead franchise who did shit for gaming.

Actual iconic characters like Bomberman, who has over 70 games mind you is only an assist trophy, but this ugly bear who has only 5 games, 2 of which weren't even in Japan gets to be playable?

Unfucking acceptable, you can't seriously defend this

OH ME KNACKERS

Attached: 1562187783776.png (297x419, 103K)

Attached: 1395231197582.jpg (333x500, 77K)

YAAASSSS BANJOOOOOOOO

Attached: onions10.png (344x971, 214K)

You wanna say that shit to my face, you fucking faggot?

14 Branchland Court, Ruckersville, Virginia. I'll be waiting with bells on, you stupid piece of shit. Come at me.

Real talk, why the fuck do Jinjos wait till Banjo runs up to them when they can literally fly?

Attached: jinjo-banjo-tooie-43.2.jpg (210x240, 11K)

Not him but how is he furry for shitposting about banjo? I like banjo, but I love kazooie the most and im furry

They're cursed and stuck in place.

Why are you waiting for someone to come and rescue you from your medicore life when you can save yourself right now?

Take the mask off, Steve

Idgaf about jinjo

>can be in a pool of boiling water without any sort of injuries
Why do these guys need saving again?

Gruntilda casted a spell on them to stay in place, it's only broken when banjo touches them

Just because they know the boiling water trick it doesn't mean they don't need saving.

Attached: 70.png (1276x874, 151K)

Grunty rhyme time? Grunty rhyme time.
>"Four losers who call themselves the Hero, but personally, I would have preferred zero!"
>"So they finally let the bear and bird into Smash... That's how you know this series is now trash!"
>"You're a Joker alright, the biggest one around, in fact your codename should have been 'Clown!'"
>"A waste of a character, you make me balk, from the tips of your teeth to the root of your stalk!"
>"Sad little robot, outdated and lame, it's no wonder you only got two games!"
>"Your processing may be a blast, but your skill comes in at dead last!"

ÁAAAAAAAAAA

fun fact

the n sane trilogy alone outsold all of banjo kazooies, both games. never be tricked by smash hype and character relevancy. it's just people jumping on the bandwagon and causing fake hype, as per usual with smash reveals

>whining about Bomberman
>Bomberman declined in quality after 64
>Banjo didn't and even Nuts and Bolts was a good game
>so salty that people still throw the basedboy meme at BanjoBros when they have Project M with a fucking Bomberman PSA
>Ignoring Simon and Richter Belmont; Unique characters who have an entire arsenal to fight instead of some faggot bombs

We don't have to defend shit lol

Continue to seethe, we all know you're just a Stevefag in disguise

Attached: 1563382554617.jpg (188x213, 5K)

I'm uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm thinking he's in.

Attached: 1556133409810.gif (200x200, 231K)

Attached: steve.png (902x450, 425K)

> Bomberman declined in quality after 64
Most of the best games were after the Fifth generation, especially the handheld games like Tournament and Bomberman 2 DS

bruh just pause the game when you feel tired and keep going

Attached: 1563479719432.gif (300x250, 483K)

Listen man, I was so happy when Banjo Kazooie was announced, but I'd lose my shit if Crash Bandicoot was announced

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-182935_Google.jpg (1152x1514, 581K)

> No argument

Spurdo is way cooler though

32 million install base for the N64 vs the combined install base of PS4 (97m), Nintendo Switch (35m), Xbox One (44m) and PC (far too many to count).
Yeah, a totally valid comparison there.

Attached: 1560798373725.jpg (628x476, 73K)

they just need the address for the meet-up and can follow their gps there, but without it have no clue where to go so fall back on what your mum taught them which is "If you're lost, stay where you are, it makes you easier to find"

>"Bayonetta's not so great! I'm the witch they wish to date!"
>"Wario you're such a hunk, I love your garlic scented funk!"

>didn't read it

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-225711_Video Player.jpg (3040x1440, 641K)

Fuck I meant spyro, not spurdo

Kill yourself memeshitter

spurdo is cooler than both of them

t. american

Bump

I'm working on one right now. I only have Kazooie down so far.

Attached: bk.png (4961x7016, 1.18M)

>A game that was on PS4, Xbox, PC, and Switch outsold a game from 20 years ago on the N64
Fuck off, dude. I want Crash too, but don't bring him into this shit.

I was told that they're too scared to move and can only fly when Banjo touches them or something

I can't remember the last time I read a Rage Comic as funny as this.

There he is, there he goes again etc.

Let’s say Banjo-Kazooie have a taunt that shows off different Rare memorabilia from the backpack, like Pac Man’s up taunt for NAMCO. What would you put in? I’ll start
>Fulgore Sprite that goes C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Could've sworn he spoke to someone at E3 and said he was doing four tracks, wish I added the video to favorites like I usually do.

>>Gruntilda having insulting rhymes for each unique character ala Codec Calls, probably activated in some special way.
Gruntilda didn't rhyme in the Japanese version of the game (because rhymes don't really exist in Japanese).
legendsoflocalization.com/how-was-banjo-kazooies-rhyming-text-handled-in-japanese/
Unlikely but I could see it being the song used for their spirits menu
>Mumbo being a stage hazard who might transform a random player into metal, giant, small, etc.
Possible but just as likely he does nothing or just affects the stage layout
Not a chance

I think their unique 'UI' gimmick will probably be screen transitions with jiggies tiling in (Nuts and Bolts) or jigsaw/Gruntilda shaped irising like suggested.

>A couplet for Ridley just wouldn't do, a fighter so large deserves a sonnet or two!
>

You're talented, user.

Attached: b5c.png (380x400, 123K)

Of all the characters to get in...

Attached: eatshit.png (1920x2000, 1.82M)

>cash wad from Conker that makes a CHA-CHING noise
>renders of various DKR characters that shout one of their voicelines
>Captain Blubber saying "WAHAY"
>Battletoads sprite with part of the main theme
>Mr Pants, dunno what sound would work best with him
>Edison

>”dude fuck nostalgia fags and their boomer picks”
>”BANJO BASED BASED BASED HES IN BASED BASED SOŸ BASED

>knows it’s a seetheystevie in disguise
>still shits on bomberman anyways
why? :(

>"Nobody played as you, let's just be clear; you're only back because Everyone is Here!" (Pichu)
>"Another child they really should exclude, this brat is nothing but overgrown seafood!"
>"Dark Pit? Really? ...That's it?" (not mine but always a classic)

>This one has me in a stitch, she dares to call herself a witch!
>This dumb jockey's no big hero, this birdbrain is a total F! Zero!
>I don't want a mutt when I have a cat, try to defeat me? Can't let you do that!
>Kid or squid, it matters not! You'll be put in my tank to rot!
>Speedy rodent, stand still! Or I'll send you flying to that green hill!
>A vampire hunter with a cross, my eyeball lunch, I must toss!
>A silent hero garbed in green, your adulthood will never be seen!
>Garbed in green with a big head, these fighters are leaving me dead!
>Eating fruits, pellets and ghosts, these are things even I can't boast!

Attached: gruntilda_winkybunion_02.png (839x1264, 495K)

>>A silent hero garbed in green, your adulthood will never be seen!
Fucking brutal

>”Princess Peach, ever the beauty, I’ll kidnap her instead of Tooty!”

>Yellow rodent with a zap and a spark, I'll catch you and throw you in the dark!
>Another rodent with better stealth, yet you can't help but hurt yourself!
>The lovely goddess with hair down to the floor, guide yourself right towards the door!
>I must take you down a peg, the plumber's steed, go back to your egg!
>Oh me oh my, what must I do? I wasn't expecting to have turtle stew!
>Eight of these runts riding in their cars, I'll be sure to put you behind bars!
>Come back blue toad, take a fiver and let me grab some of that saliva!
>This princess is quite the hassle, someone take her to another castle!
>Time to push up daisies, my pretty dame! Your kingdom will never appear in another game!

Attached: Furnace Fun.png (638x480, 620K)

I want to FUCK Kazooie and make Banjo watch
what the hell he can join in too

While were on topic, I thought it'd be nice to speak a word or two. I said the exact same thing on another thread from a while back, so ima just say it here.
Even if it wasn't the Banjo Threeie we wanted its still a fun game in its own right. The vehicle building mechanics and actually testing out the dumb shit you can build is the most fun I've had in a game. Most of the fun comes from you and it really does urge you to think outside the box in some challenges. I've yet to see any thing like it. Games like Minecraft do emulate the same concept, but it pales in comparison. The only real negative about it is the bullshit pre-built vehicle challenges, but you can just ignore them. This game really isn't for completionist. Aside from that, it also still has that irreverent Rare wit, the same great music, giving Nuts and Bolts the charming Banjo-Kazooie vibe we've all known and loved. Most just assume it's a "irredeemable trainwreck" because it "ruined their childhood" and some E-Celebs and salty fanboys said it was bad, when that couldn't be further from the truth. Yes the opening cutscene does poke fun at the old games, but its not mean spirited in anyway. If anything it just serves as a way to explain the shift in gears from the 3d collectathon gameplay of old BK games to the more sandbox car building gameplay of Nuts and Bolts. However I will agree on the general consensus that it shouldn't have been a Banjo Kazooie game, even Grant Kirkhope seems to lean torwads the idea. But its a great highly underappreciated game regardless
Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Attached: ded764ac19248435cc2bb3c64cb0b0f3--nut-bolt-donkey-kong.jpg (236x385, 15K)

>Dumb, strong ape with tie so tacky. Join Klungo as my new lackey!
>Banjo's pal from way back when? You both can chat in my dungeon!
>Vile and green though you may be, you've still got nothing on Grunty!
>Quite some fancy spells you cast. Show me how or you'll die fast!
>Pretty princess with a sword, at least I'm not flat like a board!
>You lead an army and for what? A princess who just won't stay caught?
>Little koopa young and new. You'd be perfect in a stew!

Attached: 1562107085694.png (445x619, 275K)

Conker's yo-yo
Conker's frying pan
A wad of cash
A Lickatoad
A Fudgehog
A piece of Viva Pinata candy
The Wrench from Nuts and Bolts
The Ice Key
A Jiggy
A Stop N Swop egg
Spinal's skull
A fly, followed by a tongue coming out of the backpack to eat it
A Golden Banana
A Bafmodad
The Nintendo Coin
A porkpie hat
Elvis
A copy of Grabbed by the Ghoulies, which Kazooie promptly tosses away
A chest of treasure
The dog from JFG
Sabreman's hat
A snake from Snake, Rattle, and Roll

Also bump

Attached: 1561601841922.jpg (1024x747, 89K)

Post more Banjo reaction images.

Attached: detective_pikachu.jpg (880x480, 69K)

im a total sucker for construction games and i really do hope rare replay comes to switch with NnB
it looks like a great game by itself, although the self awareness really needs to be toned down

Attached: 1561330341159.png (754x621, 634K)

No, it was pretty mediocre in a lot of ways. The world design is uninteresting, the self-awareness and fourth wall breaking comes off as meanspirited most of the time and the fact it's built on the Havok physics engine means you constantly get instances where you get lightly tapped by a vehicle causing you to spin out completely. Then there's the constant recycling of a handful of NPCs rather than NPCs who fit their location like the precursor to Yookalaylee, or the police gimmick in the hub world making it even more irritating to deliver a truckful of jiggies, because the tray is so finnicky and will alternate between magnetting all your goods to dropping them because you took a corner the wrong way, etc.

About half the challenges don't even use the main gimmick - make your own vehicle - because they're either races (in which case the best solution will be boring) or they're pre-set vehicle missions.

The worst part though is this insistence on the dev's part that no-one wanted a plain Banjo Threeie game, so they both change the entire game mechanics "to attract a new audience". But they're constantly leaning on the things people loved about the old games... while forgetting WHY the old games were such hits. All these remarks about "this game won't sell", "what about the next game", even old dev blog comments like "Can't wait to model more BK characters!" aged terribly. And the game itself sold so poorly it not only killed the BK series, it basically killed any chance of Rare getting to use their own fucking IP. After N&B it was nothing but Kinect Sports and Avatars. It's the last game in Rare Replay because until Sea of No Content it was the last fucking game they came out worth a damn.

Nuts and Bolts fucking stunk, and occasionally being fun to mess around with doesn't redeem it.