>Equally hard to press share button
>Giant disgusting usless track pad
>Short battery life
>Buy a controller for 60 dollars and it doesn't come with a way to charge it
>Paid online
>Horrible confusing menus
>No good exclusive games beside Bloodborne
>Can't even play a ps3 game

Was Sony basically saying "Fuck you" to gamers?

Attached: Sony-PS4-Berry-Blue-DualShock-4-SOURCE-Sony.jpg (2400x1256, 178K)

>Tiny hard to press option button
Fat

Best VRchat controller.

I sold my ps4 back in 2016. Has any game ever actually used the touch pad usefully?

Attached: 1563069469468m.jpg (1024x1024, 132K)

>a ps3 game
>implying

the real crime here is changing "pause" and "select" into an option and a fucking share button like I'm browsing a "news"site where you can share clickbaits for others on every single social media

let it die used it for swiping to change items, only thing I can think of

I'm a handlet so I like the PS4 controller more than the Xbox One or Switch controller, but I agree about the light bar, touch pad and options button.

I still catch myself calling the buttons Start and Select sometimes.

It's a giant select button 99% of the time.

Attached: 37463782161187.jpg (1440x1080, 557K)

I will never call them anything else

And when you do get a wire to charge it, it's a shitty micro usb that breaks after 2 weeks.

Dragon's Crown Pro

>Giant light that drains your battery
valid complaint.
neither of them are hard to press unless you have fat hands.
>Giant disgusting usless track pad
most games just use it as an extra button, which is fine.
>Short battery life
you already complained about this.
the ps4 comes with a charging cable.
>Paid online
valid complaint, but it's ultimately microsoft's fault.
>Horrible confusing menus
only if you're retarded.
>No good exclusive games beside Bloodborne
then why does Yea Forums keep begging for switch/pc ports of its other exclusives?
>Can't even play a ps3 game
blame the cell architecture for that. trying to do ps3 bc would have made the ps4 a lot more expensive at launch.
>Was Sony basically saying "Fuck you" to gamers?
no. for all their faults, they're the only ones still making normal gimmick-free consoles with games.

I just realized that I'm still using the original gamecube controller that came with my gamecube with no issue, but the Xbox One controller I bought last Christmas is already getting weird stick drift issues and the rubber stick cover is loose. This gamecube controller is a decade old with heavy use and it works perfectly. Why the fuck can't I buy a 3rd party Xbone controller made of the same Nintendium my GC controller is made of.

Explain.

They just don't make controllers the way they used to. My brother broke the left handle and the R1 button off of his DualShock 2 and it still worked. Before I sold my Xbox One, I had to constantly replace controllers because they randomly got stick drift and other such issues.

Do you feel sad when you look into a mirror?

Maybe later.

Most games now just use the right and left side of the touchpad as the designated start and select buttons anyways.

Don't own a ps4 so how does it work? Instead of saying "press select to access the menu" it says "press share to access..."? Like what the fuck.

The touchpad is a useless gimmick.
It's just gets used as a big select button in most games.

Why did they change from the usb to that shitty micro usb i still have the usb from my original ps3 but that new cable is such shit i've broken 4 ever since the ps4 came out

Me too and I rebind them to the trackpad left and right clicks on PC.

The 'options' button has replaced the 'start' button and the touchpad has, pretty much, replaced the 'select' button (depends on the game.)

The 'share' allows you to take screenshots and save the last 15 minutes of gameplay.

it is, but i've seen people use it pretty creatively on pc which is nice

and the light can apparently be turned off, something i just learned the other day

The touchpad does that now, the share button's for taking screenshots and videos.

why tf do you remove the cord with a fucking karate chop, jesus christ

The PS4 is just them doing the same crap while Microsoft and Nintendo (Wii U) did every possible thing wrong.

Just because the competition was worse at the start of this gen doesn't mean anything is good about the PS4.

You can use it to simulate touching the Vita frontal touchscreen.

>the light can apparently be turned off, something i just learned the other day
Not on the PS4, unfortunately, you can only dim it.
Also, on the PC, you can custom the colours of the light bar, a feature that's also absent from PS4.

Tearaway Unfolded used it as a drawing tablet

>Microsoft and Nintendo (Wii U) did every possible thing wrong.
Except their controllers.

Okami does that too

Unless you're playing a Japanese game in which case "sharing" is disabled for 90% of the game. Mostly due to music streaming rights horseshit.

DS4 is a nice controller for pc. I like the symmetric thumbsticks.

>buy PS4 with Persona 5
>can't even take screenshots because the jap subhumans block it for a game that has been out for ages in Japan
two nukes and fukushima weren't enough

Play it on pc. Granted it's only 720p but at least you can take screenshots freely. I think there is a way to upscale it too.

I already played it two summers ago, not being able to take screenshots isn't a dealbreaker for me, just a minus.

I use it to control my mouse on pc like a laptop touch pad. That's about the only use I get out of it.

>it's ultimately microsoft's fault
Sony could have just not done anything
Though they realized with the PS3 that making decent server based inline systems is a lot harder than it sounds. The money is probably a necessity, and it makes more sense to take it directly than through game sales.
Yeah, what's with that? You have all these features that aren't used by anybody. The Wii U gamepad was overused in comparison.

>thinking an LED drains the battery
Go to bed, gramps.

I'm mad as fuck they got rid of the analog buttons. I like how wide it is and the position of my wrists while holding it, however. My other complaint is that the battery pack is internal and not AA like the xbone1s. I just slap some Eneloops in and away I go.

Attached: 325992_00.png (500x320, 221K)

Days Gone

The PS4 battery is roughly half the capacity of the switch pro, but it gets less than a quarter of total use time at best.
Analog buttons were a waste of time. Even if every game found some good use for them, it would make them harder to port or emulate. Also, it's a stronger point of failure that is harder to fix.

Xbox has . no gimmicks and has game pass, automatically making it superior

I'm just a huge Gran Turismofag and love it for muh driving.

Attached: 4828421830497797129_23.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

PS4 is the only console of it's generation that wasn't based on stupid gimmicks, that's why it won by a landslide.

Attached: 1555321580687.jpg (920x483, 56K)

The controller itself is one giant gimmick, but still less of one than the Kinect or the tablet. Now frankly it was the Wii U tablet that got the most practical use.

sony finally made a good controller this time around, too. the battery life sucks, but other than that, it's a big step up in terms of ergonomics. the only company to fuck it up this generation was nintendo with the switch.

watching rumble motors spin fuels my autism greatly, best controller version

I don't know all that much about racing games, but I would think you have other options. They seem to be the only genre to take advantage of analog inputs at all, and I don't think it's worth increasing cost and complexity for just that.
If I had to choose between analog face buttons and gyro, it would be the latter. The money spent on that can improve almost all 3D games for people who like to use it.

Nope, they're pretty annoying to press and I'm skinny.

Yeah, you do have the option of doing an accelerator based steering and analog stick or trigger for brake/accelerator. I'm just from a time before Dualshock. I ought to learn the trigger style.

>nintendo with the switch
The joycons were never going to be as comfortable as a full fledged controller, unless you're talking about the Pro which makes you a retard.

>Giant light that drains your battery
Its the touchpad and speakers that drain the battery. LED barely use any power

Attached: New-PS4-dualshock-colours-5-920x690.jpg (920x690, 50K)

>speakers
Literally why was that a thing. It always seemed like some Wii bing bing wahoo bullshit.

the ps4 comes with a charging cable.
it should come with a cable for 60 dollars not all of us bought the controller for the ps4

Because they were coming from getting their asses kicked by the Wii. That's it.

the touch pad is way too fucking big on the controller. its not even used that much. and even when you use it, pressing it feels kind of unresponsive. its such a waste of controller space, also just looks ugly

>Literally why was that a thing
Because it was a fantastic feature for those of us with good headphones? Sony didn't cheap out on that controller's ability to wirelessly stream audio w/ the included DAC.

>The joycons were never going to be as comfortable as a full fledged controller
the joycons are a piece of shit with poor build quality. and sorry, but there's no excuse for them to be so uncomfortable and have no d-pad. pic related is what the joycons always should have been.
>unless you're talking about the Pro which makes you a retard.
the pro is objectively a downgrade from its wii u counterpart because of its stiff d-pad and worse battery life.

Attached: dxmjoycons.jpg (1200x800, 67K)

That doesn't validate the speaker
And if they were really forward thinking they could have allowed for bluetooth headphones to connect directly to the console

the light barely drains any battery though. It's a fucking rbg led.

>objectively a downgrade
It has gyro and better rumble. The lower battery life rating is because of its feature set, otherwise it would be similar because they use the same exact battery.
It also supports wired connection, albeit not optimally.

>And if they were really forward thinking they could have allowed for bluetooth headphones to connect directly to the console
The only decent audio bluetooth standard at the time had a lot of latency, hence-why they didn't and opted for manufacturers to make non-shitty dongle solutions.

waggle gimmicks and the hd rumble meme don't make up for how nintendo downgraded on the basics.

I would suspect that there is probably something a boardroom of engineers could come up with, at least to enable it in the future. And having released multiple models, they could have included it as a selling point even if it weren't possible with the first hardware design.

Shadow Warrior

The only "objective" thing worse about it would be that there is no way to remove the battery without taking apart the whole thing.
If you're going to subjectively dismiss the new features, the same could be done for whatever difference with "the basics" you're bitching about.

are you actually retarded

not really. the d-pad is an important aspect of any controller and nintendo fucked it up with the switch pro.
waggle shit and hd rumble are extras, not necessities. a functioning d-pad is a necessity.

It functions. Objectively speaking, you have no point.

is the same for bluetooth headphones for pc? i'm planning to buy a pair

Depends on your bluetooth implementation
My motherboard's integrated wireless card supports AAC but it probably varies depending on how old or how cheap it is.

I thought the DS4 was a great improvement from the DS3, which hurt my thumbs after prolonging sessions of gameplay. And the more rounded shape of the controller as a whole also made it feel better in my hands, just like the 360 controller felt.

Mr. Krabs colored controller looks kino
>MISTER SQUIDWARD, THEY BEHEADDING ME FOR VIOLATING SHARIA LAW ARGARGARGARG

it's stiff as hell and lots of people have complained about incorrect inputs.
and keep in mind, it costs $70. the ds4 has a better d-pad, gyro, rumble, and lets you plug headphones in (which the switch pro doesn't do) and only costs $50. there's no excuse for nintendo to sell a worse controller for $20 more.

>>Giant light that drains your battery
lol "giant"
>>Tiny hard to press option button
Tiny as opposed to what? The tinier Start button on previous iteration?
>>Equally hard to press share button
Are you retarded?
>>Giant disgusting usless track pad
Largely agree, very little games actually use it properly
>>Short battery life
Plug it back in when you're not playing anything then, you autist.
>>Buy a controller for 60 dollars and it doesn't come with a way to charge it
Use your phone charger then, brainlet. It's not that hard
>>Paid online
I agree, but you don't need it.
>>Horrible confusing menus
What?
>>No good exclusive games beside Bloodborne
False
>>Can't even play a ps3 game
Agreed, at least they're PS5 can play PS4 games.

All in all, most of complaints are retarded.

That just ain't true, buddy.
The DS4 fails as a wireless controller. You're comparing 4 hours of battery to 40. And if we're doing a more generous comparison, a less intense use would be comparing 8 hours to 60
Claiming that the gyro and rumble that are supposedly better is a contradiction of what was already said, and also a subjective insertion to what was originally claimed as an objective matter.

Attached: price.jpg (1440x713, 150K)

>even less portable and even less symmetrical joycons
How about no? Those go against the very principal of the joycons which is being used as controllers independantly. Those have objectively less features than joycons.

BNSB.
*based nigger sony bro