Why do people buy games and never play them?

Why do people buy games and never play them?

Attached: review.png (720x589, 85K)

I genuinely don't understand people anymore.

that guy is clearly retarded

Good. Now you know how we feel.

Attached: 1560532268522.webm (1600x1600, 3M)

Most collectors are

With every game I buy my e-penis grows longer, unlike my real life penis

>muh steam sale
PC players are the worst for this.

There's a big difference between putting something in your backlog indefinitely and buying a game because it's starts with P and never intending to play it

that actually seems like a pretty small difference

i bet people call u the letter R

OWNED!

Men are hunter gatherers, they collect crap they think it valuable to them even if they have no time to actually use them.

Games, models, toys, hell even images from Yea Forums that they will probably never even see again cause they have a million of them saved already.

Attached: re6.jpg (1796x1440, 413K)

I'm gonna collect on that fuckin' ass.

I do it because I intend to play it and the cost of waiting to buy it when I know for sure I'll have time versus the price it is when it releases is vastly different. It's the difference between paying $50 now for a new copy, versus $100 in a year for a used one because they only shipped 5 to the whole country and will never do a reprint.

I suppose that's not really the same as never playing though because as time frees up I get around to my backlog and slowly clear out what I've collected. Even if it can take a decade.

by the time that is the case they will be 90% off anyway.

I wouldn't call OCD retarded. It's its own category of stupid.

I’m genuinly confused.

He cares more about how his shelf looks than actually playing games

I bought Pokemon Sun on release and to this day I still haven't played it, because deep down I know I won't like it and it'll ruin the series for me
now my 3ds' top screen doesn't work anymore so I wouldn't be able to play it even if I wanted to
gen 7 is the only pokemon generation that I haven't touched, but I'm looking forward to Sword/Shield so I can finally get properly disappointed and drop the franchise for good

We buy them just so that we have something to play for a hundred years in case games from the future suck balls.

I do it because I like to just play games on a whim and when I remember a cool game exists and go to my Steam list and don't see it there I get genuinely frustrated, I just want everything I like at my fingertips at all times and it's genuinely a mental illness I should probably seek some help about.

Attached: 1390785106886.png (500x500, 69K)

Because ownership of a product has become integral to their identity. It's not about experiencing something, liking it, being inspired by it - it's about seeing how others have reacted to a thing and buying it as a merit badge for yourself.