Far Cry series

Never played far cry game. Should i start with first or just play the last game?

Attached: fc.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

>fc1
retro shit
>fc2
no fun allowed
>fc3
cult classic
>blood dragon
fun
>fc4
solid game
>fc5
can't enjoy it since it makes my pc sound like a goddamn jet engine what the shit

Start with 2, end with 4

Play 5 and that's it

>Far Cry 3
>cult classic
I guess Fallout 3 is also a "cult classic"?

It's like far cry 3 with nukes.

2, 3 and Primal in my opinion.

>For modern gameplay:
new dawn> fc5> fc4
>For good story/ villain
fc3> fc4> fc5
>In terms of fun
New dawn> fc4> fc5> fc3

2 is fucking awful in all regards that matter for a game, 1 is a different game, everything from 3 onward is the same game with different actors, play one play all.

>old pc could barely run far cry 5
>get a new pc
>plays big dick games without a sound
>try and play fc5 again
>starts to rev like crazy no matter what i do with settings
What did the ubi devs mean by this?

Attached: 4500.jpg (640x610, 82K)

What's up with the hate for fc2? I loved to play that shit as a kid

>brown color palette
>dude weapon jams lmao
>malaria is a fun mechanic
It had a lot going for it but the negatives held it back.

>1
A semi-open level shooter that was technically inpressive for its time, but eats shit when it starts shoving bulletsponge mutants on your face. Meh.
>2
Unique, atmospheric open world game set in relatively unique locale, but eats shit due to repetitive mission design and a map that forces you to constantly drive around the same roads filled with respawning enemy checkpoints. I’d love to love it, it gets so close to being good, but ultimately it’s a failure.
>3
Very typical modern Ubisoft open world shooter that is pretty polished and was generally liked until Ubisoft milked the formula to death. Can be fun if you haven’t yet overdosed on similar games.
>4
Like 3, but kinda worse with a locale that looks cool at first but is ultimately repeitive as fuck.
>5
Very much like 3 and 4, with some steps forward (the world feels more handmade, no more climbing towers shit) and some back (less guns, annoying way of forcing story missions).

DESU, all of them have their fair share of problems, it has always been a ”close but no cigar” style of series for me.

New Dawn and 5 disappointed me with progression, especially 5
You just unlock the perks you want a couple hours in and then the game never really changes except for maybe a couple new guns and vehicles
I remember 3 being way more satisfying in terms of going from kinda strong dude to god of death

Why have you mentioned me in this garbage reply. Never @ me again.

I liked new dawn because it was a condensed version of far cry. Like a 20 min game of thrones season 4 episode. Or a white castle sized big mac.

5 was kinda weird with its progression, so much useless shit in skill trees and most late game guns are just almost-identical variants of guns you get early game. Really hurt the game for me, 3 and 4 were much better on this regard.

It sucks because 5 was my favourite in terms of gameplay
New Dawn at least had the extra skills that you unlock from the fruit that Joseph gives you
The ending(s) for Far Cry 5 also kind of soured the experience for me, although it was pretty satisfying to leave Joseph alive in New Dawn and walk away while he’s screaming in despair
Sucks for the Deputy though

New dawn did shake things up a bit with the late game perks, those were pretty neat

Play 3 and 4

Then play 5 and New Dawn.

Do NOT play 5 or New Dawn then go back to 3 or 4. 5 feels like almost a whole new game.

Dep had it rough being locked up in there.

Attached: soap.png (285x227, 139K)

Ending of fc5 was basically: Alt right people were correct and you tried to hinder their progress at every point so now the world is gone to hit (nuked). If you just left them alone the world would have been a better place.

Seeing Rye trying to talk to the Judge when you have him/her in your party in Prosperity was actually really sad
I wasn’t expecting Far Cry to make me feel something

FC5 is comfy when you aren't constantly being spotted by some roaming rape van/chopper

the most common hate for FC2 is that the enemies respawn. Malaria is never an issue, and neither is the guns exploding. if anything its the only game that's resource management isn't completely fucking convoluted and retarded.

Ubisoft can't into shooters

Attached: FCJackcarver.jpg (800x1109, 156K)

user don't make them political, Eden's Gate didn't care about any of that. They may have been correct about the end of the world but they went about it completely wrong by killing and torturing people. Heck Joseph would have been a hero had they just kept sane and helped prepare the county for the collapse instead.

I mean I get what they were going for, but in the end they were still torturing and brainwashing people
It was satisfying for Joseph to realise that in the end, the ends didn’t justify the terrible means, and that all the pain and evil he’d caused was for nothing
Far Cry 5 on its own just ends up being ‘hey you were a hero fighting to free people from a pretty fucking evil dude but you lose and it was all for nothing’

far cry 2, 3 and blood dragon.
the rest are the same just less good

far cry 2 -> far cry 3 -> blood dragon
that’s it

The 'torturing' etc was a metaphor for things that alt right people do that might look evil, but its for the good of everyone in their country. Like deporting immigrants, being anti immigration etc.

Do you write for kotaku?

Attached: worried atsuko.jpg (720x699, 313K)

Im taking the side of alt rightists tho faggot brainlet

They're literally a christian take on ISIS

>muh alt-right

yep, it's a kotaku writer

FC 1 was fun but i last played it a decade or so ago
FC 2 is heavily flawed but can be fun
FC 3 is boring
Blood Dragon is excellent, everything about it is good and it's short enough so it never overstays it's welcome and stays really fun from the beginning to the end. Highly replayable.
Primal is decent, nothing much to say about it. Good concept and rare stone age setting.
I haven't played 4 or 5 and i don't plan to

you're still somehow linking the ebil alt right, or any political group at all to the PEGI's...

>protag= leftie fighting the ebil alt right
>in the end it turns out the alt right were correct and leftie was a dumb fuck who ruined everything by being a nosey faggot
How is this hard to get? The writer at ubisoft is obviously right leaning.

im coming for ya!

Attached: 37_enemies_Scout Mercenarie.png (250x480, 98K)