Was DMC5 a net negative for the video game industry as a whole...

Was DMC5 a net negative for the video game industry as a whole? It's living proof that (((hardcore))) """gamers""" really don't have to be your audience anymore.

DMC5
>pandered to the traditional gamer
>gameplay and story tailored for its fanbase
>shipped 2M copies (not sold)

DmC
>pandered to [[[wider audience]]]
>gameplay was initially Heavenly Sword 2, capcom had to step in during development
>sold 2.4M copies

God of War (2018)
>pandered to {{{wider audience}}}
>gameplay is simple and accessible
>cookie cutter AAA western story game
>sold 10 million copies

Attached: 1563355979130.jpg (576x576, 38K)

go to bed tameem

Are you being intentionally retarded or...?

Im being $100 serious. Imagine being a faceless suit and looking at DMC5's performance. Why make well received passion project if it sells like shit when you can just make surefire AAA game like nu-GOW?

$100 serious eh?
Man, Ninja Theory pays their shills well above the average.

Just playing devils advocate, and they'd probably pay me in pounds or euros.

Capcom probably isn't going to bother to make a special edition for this.

The devil needs to pay people now?
Also that 2 million Shipped is nearly 3 months old news. That was 2 million shipped at launch. and by shipped they mean physical console copies. No word on the PC version since that's 99% digital sales
While DmC sold 2.4 million over the course of 5 years since that info is over a year old.

Go to bed tameem. It's just sad at this point.

Is this including digital and PC sales now that Capcom's PC ports have been relevant for the last few years?

>shipped
Nope. Only Physical copies for consoles and the scarce few people who actually go out of their way to buy a PC game case with a cardboard disc with a code on it.
It's also almost 3 month old news and is refrencing the games launch shipment to DmC's total sales over the course of 5 years.

>>shipped 2M copies (not sold)

It sold 2 million in the first month. Nice shitpost Barry.

Barry here is actually right about the shipped thing.
We don't know the exact number of sold copies. just that 2 million physical copies were shipped at launch.
Which isn't to say anyone counted the Digital sales or the actual physical sales numbers yet.

>vydia industry is garbage
yeah we know

Stop that.

Err, are you alright ?

We never got concrete sales numbers as far as I'm aware, but I remember Capcom putting out some release saying they were very satisfied with DMC5's performance. It's also worth noting that DmC's sales were after five years and two releases, whereas that 2M number for DMC5 was reported after two weeks if I remember right. If DMC5 underperformed, we'd have heard about it from shareholder's reports by now.

Why are DmCucks so afraid of facts? Capcom has been so afraid of releasing sales numbers that I think its safe to say that DMC5 flopped hard.

The fact that there won't be any future content for it anymore is glaring proof.

Attached: fe2.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

get a job, Barry

>so afraid of releasing sales numbers.
We didn't get sales numbers for DmC:Devil may Cry until a year ado. 5 years after it's release.
You are expecting current sales on the newest game release something like 4 months ago?
A fucking month after DmC:Devil may Cry released Capcom reduced estimated sale numbers of 2 million to 1.2 million - 800k sales.
It needed the help of Capcom revising and ultimately fixing the game to make people feel like it was worth a purchase.
Capcom said DmC's sales were "solid" while they said DMC5 "performed strongly, backed by consistent demand".
Only DmCucks around here are the ones fellating Tameem.

>$100 serious
Man, the shill problem is getting out of hand.

Attached: 1563038259873.jpg (563x556, 43K)

God of War is more fun than DMC5

Why is the DMC fanbase so mentally I'll? You've killed the series permanently.

That was sales, not shipped you retard, and it included PC release.

>I'll
you'll what?

Every news outlet will tell you the same thing.
"Capcom reported that 2m units Shipped".

loyalty. Sure, you can shell out trendy games to make big bucks, but in ten years nobody's gonna have nostalgia for fornite and bing bing wahoo themselves when Epic announce a sequel.

If you suck at video games maybe.

You're not allowed to make any kind of critical statement or take a realistic look at DMC4 or 5 without an army of retards attacking you.

GoW had a good story though. Way better than DMC5.

You would like it if DMC5 killed the series wouldn't you Barry.
Your favorite game got outsold in under two months to your 5 years. How's it feel, Barry. How's it feel to be a
B
I
T
C
H
?

Who the fuck cares about sales you underage reseteratards, play the fucking game for once and shut the fuck up.

Then it's meaningless. Shipped doesn't mean shit, especially since they didn't bother reporting any sales for it at all if that's the case. Meanwhile, RE2 was getting its sales reported every few weeks for four months.

DmC sold those 2.4 million over the course of like 6 years and 2 separate editions. And that 2M shipped number is from almost 4 months ago now.

As a traditional DMC fan who's been with the series since the original game in 2001, I loved DMC5. I have some misgivings about the way the story was handled, but aside from that it's a homerun.

The sales are relevant because DMC5's performance is ammunition for corporate suits and board members to steer away from games like DMC5 and move towards cinematic AAA games like The Last of Us or nuGOW

DmC5 was the worst AAA that came out this year. It really got mogged by RE2 and Sekiro.

t. played all those 3

Shipped means two things.
Copies of the game were bought by Game stores to be sold later. So Capcom already got that 2 million sales.
And It also means that those 2 million unit's shipped do not include digital games. Because you can't ship digital things.
Every one of those articles were made about 2-4 months ago. Around the time the game released.
Compare that 2 million shipped with no Digital sales number to DmC's 5+ year sales time + additional Enhanced version. only netting a combined total of 2.4 million.

idiot phoneposter

Even if you legitimately didn't like DMC5, it wasn't worse than KH3. Hardcore fans of the series were shitting on it.

This, plus I could care less if it sold like shit, it's my fav game of all time, dethroned DMC3 after years of me insisting that'll never happen. Now I have the finest game ever made, why would I want to play another?

CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG

IT WASN'T AN AVENGERS TIER SUCCESS THAT MADE FIVE HUNDRED BILLION SO IT'S L i T e R a L l Y A NET LOSS FOR THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY

I don't know how hardcore a kh fan could be but it was pretty good.

Crackdown 3 came out this year.
So did KH3, Anthem, Left alive, MK11, Rage 2, and Sonic Team Racing.
All of these made by triple A publishers.
All of these unarguably worse than DMC5.

And by comparison RE2 shipped 3 million in the same amount of time, stayed in the top 20 selling games for 3 months, and was constantly reported when reaching milestones.

DMC5, an entry in the definitive action game genre, shipped 2 million units and then we have no news on anything, meaning that those initial shipped sales probably didn't amount to anything more. For a game that was anticipated for nearly a decade, it looks bad.

>KH image

This confirms that this is a Barry (FFXV fanboy) shitpsoting thread.

KH3 was alright. It wasn't great but I got more enjoyment out of that than I did the unfinished piece of shit that was FFXV

Attached: Barry admits to ban evading.png (1581x196, 64K)

What's RE2 have to do with comparing DMC5 to DmC: Devil may Cry? Quite moving goal posts and keep on topic.

you're fucking retarded if you think DMC5's prodcution quality only needs less than 3 million sells to be considered a success.

I don't think Capcom measures success by the same metrics that neckbeards on a Laotian goat-herding forum do.

DMC has been stale garbage since 3, don't kid yourselves

Also God of War had global appeal, only slobbering idiot weebs even know what devil may cry is

Capcom themselves said "performed strongly, backed by consistent demand".
So it sounds like it's doing fine to them.

"Biggest PC launch ever, second only to Monster Hunter World" too

The topic is that DMC5's sales, which we don't know, and I'm saying if the sales were as good as they were anticipated they would be with 2million shipments, we would know by comparison to Capcom's other recent releases.

How hard is that to understand? There's no goalpost moving, it's a simple comparison you retard.

Attached: 6110.gif (333x200, 725K)

So if it Shipped 2m and it's PC launch is the second biggest Capcom games to launch on PC.
Then wouldn't that mean it sold pretty damn well since MHW sold something like 13 million now?

>I don't think Capcom measures success by the same metrics that neckbeards on a Laotian goat-herding forum do

yea because Capcom's the only one company who suddenly doesn't measure sucess by sales number, that's how you keep a company afloat. Product's sales mean nothing for this one special company, this one weird trick, other companies hate it!

sounds like PR bullshit at this point, the game sold well the first month, it has no fucking legs.

>yea because Capcom's the only one company who suddenly doesn't measure sucess by sales number,
Do we even have hard sales numbers or do we only have rough guesstimates based off of units shipped and DMCucks epicly finna seething *dab*? When was the 2m shipped copies evaluated, Yea Forums loves to prattle off old information like it's current fact.

You would think that but Capcom is very inconsistent with it's sales numbers.
took them 5 years to say DmC's Numbers. Capcom updates use every time MH sells another million copies.
Neglects to say shit about player count for it's MMO's or Street fighter.
When they were talking about DmC they just used the word "Solid".

Another day, another Barry post.

Attached: 1481491632539.png (192x286, 19K)

We got 2 million units shipped not including Pc sales because you can't ship digital.
Capcom saying the game "performed strongly, backed by consistent demand".
Lastly The game was called "Biggest PC launch ever, second only to Monster Hunter World". in which MHW is like over 13 million units sold.

So far nothing points to the game being a flop.
DmC had to lower it's sales estimate a week out of it's launch to under half it's original estimate. So there is nothing here indicating the game flopped like DmC did.

>Its another "only sales matter" episode
What about dmc5 makes its haters seethe so much? They're right that it didn't sell well as other games, so bother obsessing over it, even months after it released? What's there to even be mad about?

Attached: d2.png (436x436, 402K)

>ITT: XV-kun seething about his game having been forgotten

maybe stop being a blind fanboy, if 5's actual sells is low, maybe it's the fucking reason they didn't greenlight the development for Vergil's DLC.

just because it's the second to World, doesn't mean it's good.World's success is leagues ahead other games, let alone DMC5. It could've sold 350k and still would be their second biggest PC launch.

>DmC had to lower it's sales estimate a week out of it's launch

again, it sold well during launch month, no denying that. but I didn't hear a peep of it even cracking 2.5 million and it's been 4 months since launch. probably hardcore fanbase buying asap, but your game having no legs is a legitimate concern.

>maybe it's the fucking reason they didn't greenlight the development for Vergil's DLC.
Somebody tell him.

I'm 100$ sure DMC5 outsold DmC a long time ago, OP. You faggot.

>bro Vergil got minimal barely noticeable updates patch, the DLC is totally coming!

Hating on something without elaborating it is not criticism. Citing something like, "Why are Dante's levels just Nero's backwards?" is fair feedback. "I hate Nero" is not fucking feedback. "I hate DMC4" is not feedback.

Nobody tell him, either.

>Being this fucking delusional

>b-b-b-but!..
AHAHAHAHA

Remember to take air breaks in between cocks, user.

Attached: 1543868323219.png (395x530, 100K)

Who gives a shit? Capcom already said they're going to make what they want to make. I'll buy their games and steer clear of shit I don't.

>Capcom's totally gonna approve fundings for a dead game bro just you watch!

Air, user.

DMC thread? Post your most played mission

Attached: 20190720120617_1.jpg (2560x1440, 420K)

I honestly have no idea. I refuse to believe its DmC fanboys. I thought it was people wanting a tortanic but they were going after microtransactions and Vergil's design for a while there so it seemed out of concern for the series' direction. Then the game was a success financially and received very well so there wasn't anything to shitpost about it anymore. Is it because of that? They can't turn a DMC thread into a shitpost containment chamber and they're testing the waters to see if they can turn the narrative?

Mission 2, 13, 19, and 20 are fucking perfection.

>people
It's literally one person most of the time

Attached: 1561493735437m.jpg (1024x576, 101K)

>DMC4:SE won't happen because the franchise got rebooted and 4 didn't sell well
>DMC5 won't happen because DmC killed it
>DMC5:SE won't happen guys trust me
Why are shitposters this stupid?

We would've seen something already if it were actually planned.

DmC has fans ? I always thought it was a meme

it has to be the cavaliere boss fight mission. Its paced perfectly and I liked the city theme instead of the usual demon tree stuff.

think about how long they held onto "DmC2" after 5's initial reveal and you'll have your answer, they're being stupid on purpose but they get invested enough that it wheels straight around to being genuinely stupid

>think about how long they held onto "DmC2"
I'd feel pretty defeated after shitposting in these threads for such a long time.

Attached: dmchads.png (1155x730, 72K)

That depends entirely on the scope of a theoretical Vergil DLC, if it's story-related and/or rather large in size then we could be kept waiting before an announcement date for some time. It's been about four and a half months since the game released.

DMC5 was massively casualised and threw out everything from artstyle to gameplay depth to pander to casuals.

Devil May Cry is a character action game that's based on one of the dorkier franchises from the PS2 era to still be around. I can't imagine the world in which a DMC game would capture the minds (and wallets) of casual and casual+ gamers.

DMC and DMC5 were both for the DMC audience, no matter how bad your aspergers is. GoW on the other hand had a massive retooling following a long hiatus where they turned it into the style of narrative video game that comes out of AAA now. And even when GoW was still a CAG, it was able to ride a wave of fanfare in the wake of 300. It was a hit, and has always been way more accessible than DMC. The average consumer can glance in DMC's direction and smell the weebshit every time.

I absolutely despise it but an aesthetic is an aesthetic and some folks dig it. I won't hate on them. I'll judge them if they're not playing DE though.

Someone post a link to Barry getting raped by Anti Aqua's critical futa cock.

Not an argument

Its actually always going to baffle me how insane the gold orb generosity was. I practically was being showered with gold orbs. I'd log in and people would just rate me up several free orbs.

And the worst part is I never used them.

>DE
I still wonder why it wasn't released on PC

>DMC literally died after DmC
>DMC5 got greenlit as hail mary because Capcom doesn't want Itsuno to leave and they only have 150 million left
>Fuck it, MHW already ate at least half of that money, we'll trust Itsuno the rest to make it AAA too
>DMC5 sold 2 million in the first month, yay!
>4 months later
>DMC5 still at 2 million
>MHW strong as ever, legs healthy as a horse

maybe don't be a blind fanboy.It's not that hard

I wouldn't call any iteration of GOW a character action game.

>DMC5 still at 2 million
[citation needed]

Tell us how it was casualized.
Tell us how DMC3 and 4 were not visually built to be posterboys of graphics. Fucking DMC4 in 1080p outshines most AAA games today.
Tell us, bro.

I thought it was confirmed that DMC5 outsold DmC?

The fact that GoW4 wants to pretend its trilogy is something it had to shed and people are ashamed of liking them tells you all you need about how GoW sells on trends.

He's probably a retarded combo fag that only watched Donguri videos instead of actually playing these games

Attached: cum-town-courtroom-background-2.png (900x675, 490K)

So are y'all gonna do this with Dragon's Dogma 2? Cause that one's not got the brand strength of DMC or Street Fighter or Monster Hunter, but its probably gonna be good. Just wanna know as a heads up when you ruin comfy threads.

I can't wait for him to try to "explain" inertia so I can call him out.

DMC5 will keep selling for years to come due to quality

Attached: 374744744774.jpg (2560x1920, 2.42M)

Inafune, you don't work at Capcom anymore. You're literally making thr same mistake you made with DmC years ago. Go home.

because some of the new features were originally mods

This was the last time they made public about the sales number and have no other update since of it ever reaching even 2.5 million. Feel free to prove me wrong

Attached: pathetic.png (873x449, 311K)

Why do you brainlets imply everything you don't like are because of jews

That probably speaks to your own hyper-specific expectations for the genre then.

2m in a couple weeks is astounding desu. If there's no numbers for or against because Capcom isn't releasing anything then there's no information to extrapolate whether it stopped dead there or not. Hang your hat up m8.

I love you how you try to intepret this as "the guy really hates that DMC5 is a success" when my intention is really "maybe it's time to admit it didn't to as well as we hoped instead of burying our heads in the sand"

First a critical statement or realistic look must be made. And this is Yea Forums, neither of those are ever said, only the kind of shitposting and consolwarfaggotry in OP's post.

I thought DMC was a cinematic series already? In fact according to you, ACfag, ALL games that aren't Dwarf Fortress or Asteroids are cinematic experiences.

That's fair to say. I think God of War 4 was good but not great and I don't think it'll be a big part of the conversation when this generation ends. All the same, I don't think The Last of Us is the masterpiece it was touted to be. Both of those games are massively overhyped in the same way.

then why do they keep releasing sales number for monster hunter? every other companies gives update if their game keeps selling, be it single player or multi-players game.

Who cares? I don't care how Monster Hunter is doing or how that relates to how DMC5 is doing, and Capcom is buttfuck retarded anyways. If there's no information then there's no information and everything is an assumption or opinion.

What separates an action game from a character action game

People who are mad about DMC5 are so hyper-invested in their fandom and expectation that they ignore what they already know about the video gaming medium is a whole. Games don't get increasingly more complex in each iteration, not even niche games do this. Eventually the team changes direction and with it come decisions, and sometimes hardcore fans interpret those new directions and fresh decisions as some kind of tainting.

All the same you don't have to like it, but if you're coming to each game and not having any fun and comparing it unfavorably to DMC3 over and over again, just play DMC3.

No, and that's why it's stupid these blind fanboys keep pretending it did. When DMC5 did 2 mill in like 2 weeks it was impressive when DmC did 2.4 mil for it's lifetime. but now it's been months and there's not single update about it actually surprassing DmC. It's been months and it couldn't sell 400k more copies.

Attached: shallnevercuhrazy.jpg (600x336, 49K)

>yea because Capcom's the only one company who suddenly doesn't measure sucess by sales number, that's how you keep a company afloat.
The CEO himself put out a statement that they're done chasing after COD numbers and would rather focus on pushing out quality titles that generate realistic and consistent sales numbers. The only one biyching and whining are Activision and EA board members on their private VPN to shitpost during business hours.

How has MonHun World done so well anyways? I never hear normalfags talking about it. Is it really just Japan?

a third of the game is V a character with no depth literally made for casuals.
the game is slower even with the turbo hack. has far less tech, no reversals, no inertia, you can't even switch breakers as nero.
the skill ceiling is a thousand times lower. they wanted anyone to be able be "donguri" which is why combo videos are generally unimpressive. because the skill required to do them is so significantly reduced.

comboing is literally the point and all the game has to offer. since there's no variety it's just bloody palace with some walking.

Character action games have skill trees, strong RPG elements, and heavily stylized combat that is the core focus of the game, with a great variance and emphasis on combos and abilities. The combat is the central focus of the game.

How would you interpret the original GoW trilogy as anything else? Uncharted is an action game. GoW is definitely not.

I love how you keep screaming about the sky falling because Capcom doesn't constantly tell you about every single sale a game makes. It's been pointed out again and again how Capcom didn't report DmC's sales for FIVE FUCKING YEARS and that they don't regularly update sales information for many of their other franchises. Monster Hunter gets that love because it's their biggest cash cow right now and they adore it.

No.

>but now it's been months and there's not single update about it actually surprassing DmC.
Why would Capcom update you on how DMC5 did better than DmC when it wants to respect NT since they're part of Microshaft now? you know the faggots that paid them to market DMC5

>It's been months and it couldn't sell 400k more copies
It obviously did if you consider digital sales on top of shipments

Man I even like nuGoW but that's gonna be a hard no from me

just because they don't chase COD numbers doesn't mean they don't have to make profit or cover development cost. You think games that look and run like DMC5 don't cost at least 50 million? and that doesn't even including promotion cost.

>>MHW strong as ever, legs healthy as a horse
A month ago and since launch you guys were saying MHW had no legs and it was dead. Now it has legs? Make up your mind.

>have skill trees
I don't think Bayonetta or DMC or NG has skill trees, just unlockable moves
>strong RPG elements
Such as?
Different user btw

Something is always whatever it needs to be in order to be used as a weapon against something else.

> skill trees, strong RPG elements
Like? What RPG elements are in actual character action games?
>How would you interpret the original GoW trilogy as anything else?
I interpret as an action game like From games.

It's still a Monster Hunter game so it doesn't have lasting normie appeal, its core gameplay-loop is grinding. There's still loads of players.

>skill trees, strong RPG elements
I'd agree that the OG GoW trilogy are character action but what the fuck is this?

>You would think that but Capcom is very inconsistent with it's sales numbers.
Capcom generally announces sales numbers when they're high. DmC's weren't so they weren't reported. From that we can logically infer that DMC5's weren't as high as expected either.

DmC has no V
DmC has no Denuvo
DmC lets you play as vergil.

DmC doesn't win. DMC5 just loses due to having too many flaws.

I don't think so, but what I know for sure is that you are a net negative for the human race, you piece of retarded shit.
If you are so bored, why don't you read a book instead?

Attached: 1552691228030.jpg (448x560, 47K)

>DmC lets you play as vergil.
that's not a good thing
He fucking sucks in the DLC.

He's still better than 1000 times better than V + no vergil.

From games are action RPGs. Action games are for a casual audience. The real casual audience, not the video gaming casual audience.

Really, I don't think action games that aren't third-person shooters exist anymore.

absolutely not

They announced DMC5's sales numbers already. Are you morons expecting an update whenever it hits some retarded milestone only you think is worth mentioning?
Wait for their quarterly reports where they post financial updates on all their latest releases like they always fucking do. God damn.

Bullshit, Vergin's Downpour is the best part of DmC overall and DmC was already a 6 or 7/10. It's legitimately hard at points.

Yeah but DMCV cost way less to make than either of those.

the enemies in dmc5 dont even fight back
that's as accessible as it gets, your blind grandmother could beat it

>Vergin's Downpour is the best part of DmC overall
ok now you're just baiting

Attached: z3C6YJH.png (503x441, 289K)

I don't recall going to bat for the horrid Bleach knockoff storyline, nice try.

Stop playing on Devil Hunter

>Shit dante + shit vergil
>Better than Dante, new nero and V.

Attached: 1544435898808.jpg (640x662, 83K)

Enemies in DMC in general don't until you hit much higher difficulties.

>Vergin's Downpour is the best part of DmC

>a third of the game is V a character with no depth literally made for casuals.
V rewards button mashing until you get to harder difficulties then you need to persist on trying to work with juggles a character that struggles with a damage output that you cap very early on. Also, excuse the game for giving you a brand new type of action character.
>you can't even switch breakers as nero
You know what
You didn't even play DMC5

I'm not going to give you the time of day if you don't know why or how effective the limited breakers are. Fuck you for reading shit and trying to pass it off as if you played the game.

>ctrl-f "story"
>none of my post highlights

Attached: 1555094219795.png (998x486, 288K)

I love Dante's butt!

Attached: dante thicc.jpg (2048x2048, 433K)

>overall

>

DMC5 didn't appeal to me because it had a shit artstyle and a "dude memba" story.

lmao nice try putting people you don't like in the same category just because you don't like them. Only butthurt nindies spouts that shit

They didn't brag about DmC sales for FIVE FUCKING YEARS because it's an embarassment. by that logic, they also kept quiet about DMC5 because of the same reason

trying too hard

Capcom on the other hand didn't try hard enough

heckin' based and redpilled bringing up nintendo out of fucking nowhere kill yourself you shitposting drone

Attached: 1546389257818.jpg (1024x993, 101K)

V is a negative. you lose 80% of value just by having him.

I made one of the Breaker switching mods I know how much better the game is when partially fixed.
it objectively has bad design.
also you can turn invincible with V just by spamming sidestep. you don't know shit.

What is this stupid thread trying to say? That Capcom should chase trends?

>excuse the game for giving you a brand new type of action character.
I can excuse this. I can't excuse that he's shit, especially when there's pic related, which while still flawed, did it far better.

Attached: ps2_chaos_legion-110214.jpg (640x908, 98K)

that's exactly what they did with DMC5.

The breaker switching is not bad game design.

Try harder

Attached: 1562559268630.png (529x639, 584K)

From games have
>emphasis on combat
>RPG elements
>skills/abilities
That makes it a character action game according to you. But we both know they aren't. Character action game or stylish action game usually refer to DMC/Bayo/NG etc type of games. Games that are built around combat that have hard to master mechanics and options, and looking good while doing so. The original GoW trilogy is what most action categorized games where in the 2000's. Now in the 2010's, it's again the average action game, casualization and all.

Virgin's gameplay was shit, why the fuck does he need to hold the left trigger in order to rapid slash instead of having it as the stinger input? And his DT is as bad as Donte's

I have that game on my backlog and I'll inevitably play it but its very obvious to say that we both want more summoners. Its a very unique archetype in character action.

>They announced DMC5's sales numbers already.
No they haven't.

theres usually a bait thread made whenever a normal dmc thread pops up.

Tell me what other AAA game has you running and doing combat right from the moment you get to move, user. Tell me what game doesn't tie its characters down to the ground for the sake of realism, user. Tell me what AAA game celebrates being a video game, user.

Attached: 1562961470636.png (755x487, 349K)

Vergin in general doesn't have Donte's Stinger inputs last I recall, and Rapid Slash fits the bill for the light-and-fast/slow-and-heavy gimmick of stances. His DT is pretty much Doppelganger in 3 and can be used about the same way, though I can see hating it if you didn't use or didn't like Doppelganger.

correct if only it were actually in the game but alas you can't switch. they gave you a shit breakaway system so dante would feel "more unique" just like they removed drive from rebellion to make DSD more "unique" absolute retard tier design philosophy.

Exactly. By all reports Capcom is extremely happy with how DMC5 performed.

Wtf? All I'm saying is I love his butt, I didn't say anything else you wierdo.

Capcom said it was a success, so I can imagine being a faceless suit at Capcom, enjoying the success of our video game.

NuGOW unironically has a very solid combat

Call of duty and last of us have ugly graphics like this and that's exactly what the capcom execs asked for.

Attached: 53968691_299495507404149_863437435947898159_n.jpg (1080x1080, 47K)

>Tell me what AAA game celebrates being a video game, user.
Days Gone

>Tell me what AAA game celebrates being a video game, user.
not him but theres sekiro. And nintendo games. You guys take the bait too seriously.

Attached: 1538857486475.jpg (1000x563, 111K)

Honestly I hated the DMC5 graphics at first, but they grew on me pretty damn fast.

Wrong. Combat was close to arkham asylum tier garbage,

more like vorgil.

Okay but I still didn't like it for those reasons.

What does Nintendo have to do with anything? Are you really this desperate to shit on DMC5 that you need to scream about a company that has nothing to do with it?

The DSD is literally 100x better than Rebellion moveset wise. Its just ugly in comparison, user.

Attached: 1563083227842.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

yeah same here. I guess I was too used to more anime"realism" in dmc4 and other games like FFXV, I can see why they had to work alot on animations to avoid the uncanny valley. I think making it realistic was a good call, I just think the art direction was lacking in the 2nd half of the game.

I kinda like its looks, it's a really weird combination of Rebellion and Sparda but I can see how it arrived at what it did.

It literally has the same color coded bullshit that DmC had. Not to mention I really hate how Kratos feels and I feel they were very fucking lazy about giving you information.

Also enemy variety was boring.

Attached: 1560027849268.gif (326x240, 842K)

funny that's what I said about DMC5's story

I think so too. Its just that dmc5 is at the apex of combat so it makes everything else seem boring in comparison. But when I first played through GoW I enjoyed it for hte most part. I think the combat is even better then the originals.

I guess at the end of the day, this thread can be shit to high heaven but DMC5 will still be a good game, huh? Aight, talk to you legit demon hunters later in a proper thread.

Attached: 1563146099328.jpg (850x945, 160K)

>Fanfic-tier story on the level of reboot
>Neutered gameplay mechanics that are as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle
>Good music is either in the menus or mixed so bad you can't hear it in-game (fuck them speifically for teasing Cerberus's theme and not using it)
>Loading... Continue... Loading... Continue... Loading...
>Shit level design that has minimum exploration with too much combat and nothing to change the pace
>Hell Judeccas and Furies
>Meme underutilized cameo system
It was a net negative for me, shouldn't have expected a mediocre game to be a masterpiece

>Tell me what other AAA game has you running and doing combat right from the moment you get to move, user.
Most of them that aren't shitty Sqenix shit or Pokemon. DMC5 was not some massive breath of fresh air, it was an action game trying to chase the cinematic trends like overbloated cutscenes, hamfisted dialogue, bad cliche story points, and god awful looking "realism" that's already aging like shit. There's also the fact that it's a straight up retread of DMC4's gameplay, but slower and with new weapons.

DMC5 played it as safe as it possibly could.

Why does Yea Forums always need to shit on successful games so hard and vehemently? Does everything need to be a TORtanic?

>DMC5 played it as safe as it possibly could.

>DMC5 was not some massive breath of fresh air
lmao k

Attached: 1561721733700.jpg (1179x528, 93K)

Based

Nothing I said was false, which is why you don't have arguments.

>why make a good game when you can make dogshit that people will buy
You are killing video games

lmao k

Attached: 1562118489020.gif (500x440, 2.36M)

>2019 I am ... not forgotten cause my fans are obsessed and the shitposters are obsessed even more for some reason

DMC5 felt kinda weak, I expected it to blow my socks off as the best action game ever released and it really felt quite mediocre, it's fun enough don't get me wrong, but I expected it to be literally flawless in every way what with the time and money that went in to it and all the years that have passed to allow devs to really know what works and doesn't work in action games.

God Hand 2 fucking when?

Game is great but it has flaws.
Game sale is ok.
Why are you pretending everything went right?

Thanks.

besides Anthem and Yiik were there any failures Yea Forums was right about this year?

You're the ones pretending everything went wrong