Never played a pokemon game despite being a hardcore jrpg fan...

Never played a pokemon game despite being a hardcore jrpg fan, am I missing out or am I doing the right choice by ignoring it?

Attached: 1200px-Emerald_EN_boxart.jpg (1200x1202, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Cc_etNphqkU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>hardcore jrpg fan
You have shit taste to begin with, so you'll probably enjoy it

>hardcore jrpg fan
It's incredibly casual but it's very fun, at least the good games are.
These good games are FR/LG, Emerald, Platinum, HG/SS, and Black 2/White 2.

well, i think it's something you can really only get into as a kid. Loved Gen 4 when it first came out, and a girl my family babysat let me play gen 2 on her gameboy, which was probably my first video game. If I had to recommend a place to start I would start on Platinum. I played through diamond as my first big playthrough. and still thoroughly enjoyed platinum.

They're pretty charming entry level jrpgs but you already missed out if you never played it as a kid.

Still worth a looksee though.

Attached: lavender_town_remake.png (768x567, 21K)

Just play Platinum, Gen V and FRLG.

You might as well give it a try. The GBA games are really easy to emulate. If it's your first time I'd recommend either Emerald or FR/LG. Emerald is the better game in most people's opinions, but you'd recognize more Pokemon in FR/LG, those games being remakes of the originals.

You've been skipping out on the trashiest game series of a trash genre.

It's got lots of neat options for builds but it doesn't fucking matter because the single player is the easiest thing in the universe.

you might enjoy 1 or 2 pokemon games but it gets fast especially with no multiplayer

Play Platinum, BW or BW2. They're the best games.

Also HG or SS

When you think about it, Pokemon is the only true successor to Dragon Quest I

Attached: 1548622043248.png (763x972, 403K)

>FR/LG and Emerald
>good
with a rom having the physical/special split added they're great but vanilla gen 3 is unplayable after gen 4's changes

you should start with true PokeKino.

Attached: apologize to them.jpg (768x256, 61K)

They’re easy and entry level but they’re fun, play GSC, RSE, or DPP.

You only need to play 6 to play the best of the series

>Emerald
>FireRed/LeafGreen (your choice)
>Platinum
>HeartGold/SoulSilver (your choice)
>Black/White (your choice)
>Black2/White2 (your choice) on challenge mode

If you play them in that order you can keep your bros as you go. RBY/GSC are good games too but their remakes are improvements.

>RBY
>good
everything else in your post was solid, but this? kinda cringe.

Attached: drinkthis.jpg (640x604, 37K)

>Start with Emerald
Best place to start in the series in my opinion. Avoid Ruby/Sapphire at all costs. Emerald made some essential QoL changes.
>FireRed/LeafGreen
Objectively better than Gen 1. Pretty much no reason to return to the original games.
>Platinum
Avoid Diamond/Pearl at all costs because Platinum made some essential QoL changes.
>Either HeartGold/SoulSilver or Crystal.
This really just depends on taste. Do you prefer GBC or DS when it comes to graphics/sound? HeartGold/SoulSilver does have a bit of extra content and improvements from later gens, but also got rid of some of the early Pokémon charm. However, unlike Pokémon Red/Blue, Crystal isn't a buggy mess so it's still very playable to this day. My personal preference is HeartGold/SoulSilver.
>Black/White
First part of Gen 5. Must be played before the sequels.
>Ultra Sun Ultra Moon. Drop it if you aren't enjoying it 5 hours in.
It's a pretty divisive game. Some love it, some hate it.
>Black 2/White 2
The peak of the series, but it's best if you experience it last, even after the most recent gens.
>Optional: X/Y
It's a pretty bad game. No reason to play today. Only worth playing if you have played everything else.

This is made with binging in mind, so you don't get bored because the same region is two games in a row.
Don't want to play em all? Just play FireRed, Emerald, and Platinum.
Interested in spinoffs? Here are the best:
>Colosseum and Gale of Darkness
I'd actually recommend playing these over X/Y. They're fantastic.
>Mystery Dungeon (I personally haven't played but I hear nothing but good things about the series)
>Snap
And some other good spinoffs:
>Pokémon Pinball
>Puzzle League/Challenge (It's just Panel de Pon)
>Stadium and Stadium 2
>Ranger trilogy
>Pokken
>Rumble Blast
>Conquest
Avoid the rest.

Play:
-Kanto games
-Crystal
-Emerald
-Platinum
-HGSS
Then, stop

Don't listen to this guy.

>-Kanto games
>-Crystal
Same shit.

pretty much what said

KANTO GAMES

KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Platinum
>HG/SS
>BW2
You're done. Try ORAS

Emerald is good but its mechanics are so shit compared to Gen 4, it's hard to go back and not wish things were different

fucking zoomers.

Based retard

Seething Hoenncuck

He's not wrong. Dark = Special and Ghost = Physical is fucking retarded.

Ignore it, there's so much fucking nostalgia wrapped in the enjoyment of these games, it's impossible for someone to enjoy it now. It was the phone game before phones were invented.

When I see fug all I hear are digitized trumpets

>GenV
lmao no kys

>using the same fucking pokemon for all games
kys fucking vp autist manchild, go ree about national dex shit again retard

Only right post in the thread.

Cope

youtu.be/Cc_etNphqkU

Cope

Attached: attention all kantofags in the room.png (253x284, 84K)

based retard

You can't transfer Pokemon from gen to gen until you beat the E4 so you still make new bros

I have a hacked 3DS, so should I play X/Y, OR, Sun and Moon or Ultra Sun Moon?

Or are any of the DS ones worth playing and if so, do they work well with Twilight Menu++?

Haven't played many Pokemon since Gen I - III. Just got Eevee from Prime Day sale, but know it's a dumbed down game just to test out the engine for Sword and Shield.

Want to get back into Pokemon prior to SwSh,

just play the ds ones

>go ree about national dex shit again retard
back to serebii

Why not play them all? Start with USM though. Pretty sure SM are just a base game to USM though.

Thing is, pretty much all 3DS games are mediocre at best.

>XY is VERY frontloaded, after the first two gyms everything feels very rushed. Almost no postgame
>ORAS is a barebones remake of not Emerald, but RS, is a fine play because of the Physical/Special split but nothing special if you already played Emerald. No Battle Fronter and a very shitty postgame episode are huge dealbreakers
>STAY AWAY FROM SM. Play USUM instead, the first games were pretty much an early access version with unexistent postgame and unskippable cutscenes. USUM doesn't fix much but at least adds some extra things, unfortunately the cutscenes are still unskippable which completely kills their replay value.

If you haven't played the DS games, you should play Platinum, HGSS, BW and B2W2, preferably in that order. Pt, HGSS and B2W2 are widely considered as the Top 3 best mainline Pokemon games in the series.

Attached: 1552796403473.jpg (500x510, 179K)

been playing since RBY and going back to unmodded gen 3 is ass cancer because some pokemon are completely trash because of the goofy phys/spec damage shit