Switch

What to do first?

Just got my Switch with Mario Maker and Smash Bros. From everything I have read online I should be getting the Gamecube adapter for Smash but what else do I need and what is the best way to get them?

Do you guys use screen protectors? The LAN adapter? What are the best controllers (I plan to have people over on weekends for casual Mario Party and Smash Brothers gaming so I need more controllers)

What are your favourite games? Should I be getting everything digital or physical? (So far both games I have are physical). I keep seeing people talk about game vouchers for digital games and I rarely see anything Nintendo related going on sale at BestBuy or Amazon.

Feel free to post any good deals you got or what you're currently enjoying/plan to buy.

Attached: switch.jpg (1600x800, 201K)

Attached: 469623969.png (2450x1472, 3.29M)

there's a popular GC adapter made by a chinese third party developer that works just fine. no lag as far as I know compared to the original

joycons are ass to play with so prepare to unload the big bucks on good controllers. if you want to go with third party controllers, im sure your friends wont care but they suck

screen protector isn't necessary if you can carefully dock your switch

lan adapter is essential for decent online

also get crash team racing nitro fueled if you don't have a ps4 and like a good racing game about going fast and tough mechanics

Needs to be updated with post DLC Star Allies.

zelda breath of the wild will suck your time, at least it did for me

don't get pokemon let's go because it's a severe downgrade from the already repetitive and stale previous gen games. just the fact you're forced to play with joycons makes my blood boil. my friend wasted $60 (or however much it was) on pikachu and couldn't play it for more than 2 hours total.

I don't mind buying expensive stuff as long as it's reliable and good. I just don't want to buy a bunch of JoyCons and find out I don't need them I actually needed to buy the Pro Controllers instead.

The LAN adapter is only 20$ with shipping from Amazon so that's something I am willing to get even if I don't get Online anytime soon (But I probably will because of Mario Maker).

I'm looking on Amazon at the different Gamecube adapters, does anybody recommend/dislike any particular ones? I have bad luck when it comes to things like this and always get the shittiest one somehow.

Crash racing looks cool. Is Mario Kart 8 good with 4 people on one screen? (I would mostly play alone but when people are over it would be a good option)

Can somebody ask Nintendo why the fuck the digital games cost the same as the physical ones? At least with physical I can sell a game after getting bored with it and get most of my money back.

if you decide to get a pro controller, get these adhesive straps that go below the pads on the joysticks. i forget what they're called but they prevent the sticks from grinding on the edges of the holes. the grinding produces this white powder that gets under the controller and causes stick drifting which is a major pain in the ass. most of the pro controllers have poor quality control and you'll see lots of bad reviews because of this. i had to stop playing zelda because my controller got fucked up.

mario kart 8 should be fine with split screen. as far as i know, mk8 performs really well on switch, which it should. i haven't invited enough people who care to do 4 player MK since we'd just play smash. crash team racing on switch is not as good as on ps4 and xbox so splitscreen might have some fps issues. i'd research more on that if i were you.

just as a sidenote, mario kart 8 should be good for some casual fun but mastering ctr is so much more worth it.

>Poor quality control
Even on the first party Nintendo ones? Damn that sucks. Do most games allow for use of the Gamecube controllers anyways? I have 6 Gamecube controllers so if I can get away with using them instead of a pro controller then that might be a better option (Or I would just get that sticker strip you're talking about).

I'm probably going to buy 2 more games in the next week or so after I put some time into playing what I've got so far. I'm leaning towards Mario Kart 8 and Crash but it would be nice to have more variety so maybe a good single player game like Mario Odyssey or the new Zelda : Link's Awakening game when it comes out.

Are there any 'must have' games in the e-shop that you guys like?

>switch for sale cheap online
>guy only has the tablet, no dock or joycons or cables
Is there a plausible explanation for this besides theft?

stop shilling your shit list, so much stuff here is so wrong

If you want to hack it, then buy a jig

>why the fuck the digital games cost the same as the physical ones?
I'd imagine it's half to keep retailers and half to make more money.

This list is both wrong and inaccurate
Kill yourself

no its theft

Favorite games?
MHGU easily one of the best games on the system
You like action? You’ll love GU
Both DQ Builders games
Yeah yeah it’s like Minecraft but with actual direction plus it’s far more Dragon quest than it is Minecraft

Screen protector?
Yes but that’s because all my mobile stuff has screen protector as a principal

As for indies
I played the fuck out of Muse Dash, Battle chef brigade

What are you into OP?

I'm a fan of RPG and platformers. It would be nice to have a good RPG to play.

Joust is also pretty good.

Attached: 1558413636697.jpg (1495x1068, 826K)

>xc2 top tier
trash

i want TWEWY so bad god why i hope i get some birthday money today so i can afford it

Seems like the used Switch market is mostly either theft or scams. There's a bunch of supposedly new ones online here for way less than retail too.

Then there's the guys who think it coming with digital games on it is worth paying a lot extra.

GameStop has it for $20 new today and tomorrow if you're a burger.

Get Zelda and hollow knight. 2 of the best games on the system.
Absolutely use a screen protector. A glass one won’t get scratched by the dock.
Get a case. Putting joycons directly in your pocket instead of keeping the system in a case in your backpack will destroy your joycons.
I highly recommend the 8bitdo SF30 Pro controller. It’s designed after the Super Nintendo controller with analog sticks and extras triggers added. Works for every game a pro controller works with. Don’t get a pro controller. It has a shit D-pad.
Buy a big ass SD card. So many games are unfortunately digital only.
Have fun!

>birthday money
You must be 18 to post here.

im 22 well 23 now but w/e

If you like platformers, pick up Umihara Kawase. Just got my copy and having a blast.

...Am I the only one who stopped getting birthday gifts at 15 then?

Just buy Outrun on the eshop and disregard everything else

um yes, you must be a poorfag. i got a new car for my 16 birthday and $20k in cash for my 18th. lol. dont worry sparky im sure your middle class parents were right to instill the value of money and hard work in you. youll go far in life im sure.

Attached: hank.gif (450x255, 999K)

Get 2 more joycons at least for 4 player Mario party.
Super Mario party is actually good, but requires 1 joycon per player. No other controllers work.

For games, Kirby Star Allies, it got a lot of free DLC and is by far the best platformer on the Switch

Xenoblade 2 is great but you might want to use subs over dub.

Third Party games i highly suggest are Saints Row the Third if you never had that, and Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled if you want a more advanced racing game

Speaking of, Crash N. Sane Trilogy is a blast if you like 3D platformers.

One game to avoid, Super Mario Party makes you use one single joy-con and it can't be played docked

Also, always disregard this list as it exists to only start flamewars, the Pokemon one variants being in different tiers should give it away

Anyways i hoped i helped

Attached: 1559447142025s.jpg (125x117, 2K)

i guess i can call them gifts but at most now my parents will get me a game or something cheap i havent gotten asked what i wanted since i was like 15-16 y/o

Super Mario party can be played docked. It can’t be played in handheld mode.

>Must use joycons
Thanks Nintendo.

>big ass SD card
I've got a spare 16gb for now so I'll see how fast it fills up

16gb is like one game.

Skull and Co. grip + case (ignore Satisfye homos)

8bitdo SF30/SN30 controllers

SD card

Right, my bad, brainfart.

>he got a switch before the August revision
lmao

>I should be getting the Gamecube adapter for Smash
The Gamecube controller is great for Smash ,but it's not necessary. If you have never actually played the game with one, you might want to try with a Pro Controller. As for the best way to get them, you can get a third party adapter, but never go for a third party gc controller. You can look on ebay for those since they are kinda hard to find in stores.
>Do you guys use screen protectors? The LAN adapter? What are the best controllers
Yes, a screen protector is mandatory because that plastic screen will scratch sooner or later, either by the dock or regular use. The Lan adapter is recommended, but just like with the gc adapter, you can get a cheap alternative. The official one goes for like 30 while you can get one from Amazon for like 8-10 bucks. You can play smash with almost whatever controller you want, but Mario Party NEEDS joycons and those assholes are expensive.
>What are your favourite games?
I play Smash mostly and I've used my switch as an indie machine for the most part. I've sunk hundreds of hours on games such as Hollow Knight and I recently got Bloodstained (do not get the Switch port) I prefer physical but I get digital if there's no physical release. Haven't tried the vouchers, but you as a new console owner might find those as good deals.
>Feel free to post any good deals you got or what you're currently enjoying/plan to buy
I got Bloodstained last week after waiting for over a month for it to arrive, and as I said, get the game on other system. I would like to shill some more and recommend this case by Skull and Co. It's by far the most comfortable one I've tried, has changeable grips and you can even dock the Switch with the case on, it's amazing.

Attached: 20190508_001902_1.jpg (3636x1919, 746K)

Forgot to mention that you can get custom shells for your joycons, there's variations with dpads just like mine. Very good for 2d games. They're kinda hard to swap tho.

Attached: 20190526_202711.jpg (4032x3024, 3.27M)

December birthdays never stop getting hybrid birthday/Christmas gifts

>this is your christmas AND birthday present

I'm so glad I was born in February and not December

Are you in your local competitive scene for smash? No? Then you don't need the gamecube adapter.
The 4 must-have games are Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Smash and Mario Kart 8.
Don't buy New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Mario Maker 2 completely outdoes it.

You shiuld attempt to get physical cartridges when you can, preserve your SD card storage for DLC and digital-only games.

You missed a big sale not long ago but be patient for christmas and ask Yea Forums again about some great deals.

A Pro controller is not needed if your money is tight, if you have to choose between a pro controller or an extra game, get an extra game.

Lastly, avoid Splatoon 2 and Hyrule Warriors, they are garbage.