How is it? i've never played a MGS game and about to dive in

how is it? i've never played a MGS game and about to dive in

Attached: tpp.jpg (460x215, 23K)

It's good
Kojima is still more concerned with looking cool than making sense, but the rest of the team did a good job with the mechanics

The story is kind of an unfinished garbled hackjob mess, but the gameplay is really good.

Just emulate the other games, MGSV is barely a game

It's pretty shit.
You really should play MGS games in the release order. It's practically essential.

I'd skip V altogether though.

>i've never played a MGS game
then you will love it

Hardcore MGS fans will tell you it's bad.

I think it's an amazing game, but don't go into it expecting a good story. Play it for the gameplay, because the gameplay is fucking incredible. Easily the best stealth game i've ever played.

I hope you enjoy it.

Attached: 90's kids only.png (300x250, 130K)

Don't bother. Not only will you have no clue what the fuck is going on but you'll be treated to a whole open world that only has 2 or 3 well designed areas in it
If you have to at least play Snake Eater first.

It would probably be enjoyable as a first game in the way that fallout 4 is
The style is way different from the previous ones, but the gameplay is more similar to other shooters so it has a low barrier of entry
And it's also the only one you can buy

>Play it for the gameplay, because the gameplay is fucking incredible.
But the gameplay is absolute garbage as well.
All you do is WAIT.

You wait for your timers to count down.
You wait for your chopper to land.
You wait for your character to run or ride to the next destination on the empty open-world maps.
You wait until you get to play the next story mission while grinding through a dozen or so copy-pasted filler quests.

>It would probably be enjoyable as a first game in the way that fallout 4 is
Are you implying that FO4 would be enjoyable at all? Because that, my friend, signals the urgent need to euthanize yourself.
And no, you play MGS games in the order of release, or fuck off. It is that simple.

you're playing as the medic from the chopper crash disguised as big boss

>implying that FO4 would be enjoyable
In a very different way than any of the others, yes. A significant amount of people have only played and will only have ever played fallout 4.
Do people even care to play ground zeroes these days? It's not exactly a game.

It's great, especially if you haven't invested yourself in the joke of a story MGS has. Don't listen to bitter fags like

Evokes the spirit of MGS3, ultimately shallower, but at least 100 hours of content that is all fun and rewarding to play

>A significant amount of people have only played and will only have ever played fallout 4.
That does not make the game "good" nor "enjoyable".

>Do people even care to play ground zeroes these days?
You new here or something? There's a well deserved praise thread or two for GZ almost on a daily basis. It is ten times better of an MGS game than TPP ever will be. A prime example of solid design and pacing triumphing over unfinished openworld clichees.

In fact, my recommendation to nu-fags would be to play MGS1-4, PW and GZ only, then fill the gap with the TPP's Red Tape trailers.

>I think it's an amazing game
>wait 24 REAL LIFE HOURS to finish researching this weapon

>it's great if you're an ignorant fool and don't mind all of its bullshit! :^)
t. (You)

Cry more

Ground zeroes is a paid demo
No amount of mental gymnastics is going to justify that stupid $40 price tag when it should have been free

It's not really like the other ones at all. The story's unfinished. It's fun while it lasts, but it was definitely unfinished.

best start would be mgs3 since its the start of the convoluted mess of a story. but gameplay wise phantom pain/ground zeroes is the strongest entry.

>needing to rely on crutches to hide your lack of skill

For the ultimate experience limit yourself to only taking (support team level * 50) gmp loadouts every time you sortie out of the acc, not calling a resupply flare mid-mission, and playing with no buddies.
Also no tranq pistol, if you see someone you want to fulton you gotta cqc him. No suppressor on your hip weapon, no restarting from checkpoint if you get caught, and deqth means you start the mission over.

But the ones with clunky as shit gameplay that's interrupted every 3 minutes by 30 minute long cutscenes and codec calls are real games?

Only if you care about the plot, and plot of MGS is garbage.

For the ultimate experience set off a combat alarm immediately and only use non lethal weapons
That's a lot easier than your gay ass rulebook

>A prime example of solid design and pacing triumphing over unfinished openworld clichees
Funny, because what I played is a CODified turd with regenerating health, blind guards, stupid AI, broken physics, buggy gameplay and an unironic slow mo cam.

There's no challenge in GZ even in hard mode.
Hell, if you are detected and you start killing everyone the game is actually easier, you are not in any danger of dying because you have regenerating health and there's ammo everywhere.

GZ, like everything about MGSV, PW and MGS4, is an insult to what MGS is.

Of course, the zoomer COD kids of Yea Forums loved it because it never posed any challenge to them.

>fill the gap with the TPP's Red Tape trailers.
Metal Reddit Solid fans, everyone.
Never caring about gameplay, it's all about the absolute piece of shit of a plot that MGS """""""games"""""""" have.
And then these idiots have the balls to ask for Death Stranding's gameplay when you have never cared about gameplay.
It's all about the Marvel movie-tier plot.

Attached: 1552691480914.jpg (1200x900, 160K)

For the ultimate experience use Infinite Heaven.
Activate helicopter patrols, convoys, foot patrols in the wilderness, and make it so the entire map is in yellow alert.
And activate random Skull ambushes and attacks on Motherbase.

It's God-Tier if you never played another MGS game but it will make you rage if you are an MGS fan.

The worst possible entry into the series for a first timer.
Just fucking start with MGS1 then go 2, 3

>I know the bosses will

Attached: Skullface M'Lady.jpg (1000x1000, 118K)

For the ultimate experience take nothing but a level 1 AK
even then you have so many toys just included with Snake. this game is not hard

This is the opinion of a dedicated MGS fan.
In reality MGSV is by far the best place for a normie to start because it has some of the best gameplay and isn't as outdated as 1-2 nor as fanservicey as 4. Also way easier to actually play than 3 because it's available on PC and doesn't require emulation or an old console.

You'll get halfway through the game and then realize it ended about 3 missions back and the rest are copy + paste.

Attached: 1559013200352.jpg (1920x1040, 400K)

You're playing as the medic the whole time. The real Big Boss is somewhere else.

Big brain thinkers play through Act 2 so they can jerk off to Quiet's rape scene

do you think kojima did the mocap for that one himself?

>id skip the game in the series with the best gameplay by a mile

lol

No, he's more the type to just watch. He made Stefanie mocap it with a black guy while he scrutinized every second of it and gave pointers, making them reshoot it again and again until he got the perfect cut.