Seriously, how the fuck does this work? It's bad enough the way the cape is suddenly detached from around his neck...

Seriously, how the fuck does this work? It's bad enough the way the cape is suddenly detached from around his neck, but what the hell is going on with the feet? It's just sticking to his shoes or some shit?

Attached: 758px-SMW_CapeMario.png (758x768, 663K)

bruh its mario who cares

It's a magic cape. Ain't gotta explain shit.

They gotta put this shit in another Mario game already.

How a feather turns into a cape?
Probably a shit pun

It's being held to the soles of his shoes by your tears.

Sheer force of will.

Now that you mention, it's indeed pretty weird.

MAMA MIA! BING BING WAHOO! OH NOOOOO! IT'S MARIO TIME!

Figure it out, Mattpat

I always thought the shoe thing was weird, but I never even considered how it detaches from the neck. Even weirder now.

simple flight physics, diving slightly creates more upforce that helps him ascend briefly.
How he manages to gain altitude overall in the process, I don't know.

Same as in the GBC Zelda games

he's obviously using cheats, that's why it lets him bypass the entire level too

>worrying about this shit when there's the DEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLEDEEDLE P-Wing shit

How do the whistles work? Star road? Bowser’s flying ships?
How does Mario hold his breath forever?

The cape is obviously the ghost of the Mario from the Mario Land series, which happened in an alternate universe because Rosalina has reset the universe multiple times before. Notice that Mario would sometimes wear a feather on his hat in Mario Land 2, so this is irrefutable evidence that the feather powerup in Super Mario World is possessed by the spirit of this alternate version of Mario. Also, Peach is the real villain and also she's dead. But that's just a theory.

what's the logic of a fireball power being provided by a flower? flowers don't make fire

he's clenching the back of it between his ass cheeks

For that one the explicitly say that the new cape is made out of several of those feathers.
Why it only adds a glide instead of an even more massive jump as well is beyond me.

Fucking magnets

jesus I just realized this is supposed to reference ninja kites or whatever they are called.

Good perception, user.