How the fuck do I enjoy MMOs...

How the fuck do I enjoy MMOs. The combat is so soulless you just press the same key every few seconds but all my friends love FF14 and it feels so robotic and lifeless. What am I doing wrong

Attached: 1555884560258.png (1000x805, 647K)

Ff XIV becomes way better past like level 30, it’s the lack of actions at the start that turns people off

Modern MMOs are shit so you aren't doing anything wrong.

you're not wrong. Though it saddens me to say this but your friends are probably shit

by showing me your butt

You’re shit

Attached: 2846FE37-7DA5-41D5-A355-3724C73DC483.png (590x333, 244K)

>tfw when the it gets good after 40 hours meme is real

>final fantasty mmo

that's your first problem. I'm sure there's some autistic list of v's top mmo's somewhere on that Yea Forums wiki

Attached: 48087992_537618430090050_4992677616474390528_n.jpg (960x940, 111K)

no, you

FFXIV leveling is a snoozefest and your gear will become obsolete for the newest content. No point in having an alt either and the races are boring except for the horny weeb bait that everyone flocks to.

My group of best friends is

Commie degenerate into guro
Autistic chef
White nationalist ancap
Christian larper ancap
Satanic fascist
Crossdressing weeb

So maybe you're onto something

Attached: 1555888482486.jpg (655x702, 187K)

>Friend loves MMOs
>Keeps getting me to buy/waste money on them
>They're all just reskins of each other where you spam 1, 2 and occasionally 3
>All skill and combat is just fighting enemies with a lower number than you and avoiding enemies with a higher number than you
FFXIV, star wars, WoW, path of exile, they're all the FUCKING SAME GAME

FF14 is dog shit early game when you only have like 3 attack skills. On the other hand, some classes at max level are so button-intense that it's a turn-off to some, which is probably why you dislike it while your high level friends like it.

Post me some cunny and I'll give you advice.

It's just a WoW reskin with final fantasy paint

Doesn’t help that the skill speed buffs get greater and greater meaning you have to hit the buttons even faster as you level

MMO's suffer from the combination of;
>it's good X-hours later
>it's good with friends
While both of these may be true, it should be fun at the start, yeah?

ff14 has awful skill systems in general, over 10 ability rotations are just obnoxious, just tons of combo abilities that have no other use than be used after another ability for optimal rotation, zero creativity

t. wowbabby

You're still wrong because BLM.

play eve online
only mmo that successfully combines pve and pvp while keeping them balanced, maintaining it skill and/or knowledge dependent and is not a stupid themepark

Attached: 1554096349430.jpg (1006x1024, 167K)

Attached: 15583266228582.gif (1000x546, 1.31M)

>Friend moves over to FFXIV
>Stays playing for a long time, stop communicating
>Turns out he got an online miquote "girl"friend and turned into an ERP fag
>"FFXIV is amazing in every way!"

Attached: 1438515467907.gif (410x277, 2.9M)

Pressing 1 to attack and pressing 1 to mine is the same

Attached: tumblr_pd6cl8M6Lx1sof983_540.png (468x468, 268K)

>he became a nullsec f1 baby
yeah stick to wow or ff

>people on this thread right now will never experience the golden age of MMO.
>they will never experience the peek of pic related.

Attached: Mabinogi-Fantasy-Life-image-696x344.jpg (696x344, 66K)

There's actually a surprising amount of girls (female) on ff14 though. Probably because the characters actually look good.

But thats literally every MMO in existence user, unless you're playing one of those korean ones that are pretty much just hack n slash titles with online multiplayer.

I want to make an MMO but I don't know what people like aside from FASHION. Please respond.

furries
add druids and you got yourself enough money to become a millionare

Never played it but Mandalore didn't sell it very well.

"Girls" and titty thot streamers don't count

I did play BDO and that combat was at least entertaining in a dumb way, too bad 99% of quests were talking.

Extensive character creator, fun combat, max level being overpowered as shit, large raid bosses

>Mandalore didn't sell it very well.
bad player usually don't sell games very well

I'm sorry you're so shit at socializing that you can't even meet girls online.

>while keeping them balanced
Pve is not fun, engaging, or balanced in EvE but i'll admit it does a great job of combining the two most of the time.By far my most fun solo/small scale fights are jumping into sites in wormholes and provi and getting a fight from whoever was running the site or sitting in a site and ambushing whoever comes in.

FW is cool too i guess but not exactly the same because both people are really only there to get a fight from someone else so you know what to expect. People running wormhole sites can put up a good fight in a soe ship or whatever and may be prepared but they generally don't go into a site expecting or hoping for a fight. That's what makes solo PVP in eve special is the hunt and the element of suprise.

Dangerous overworld, fun gear with different effects and combos, build diversity that encourages different playstyles, wide array of weapons with their own perks and weaknesses, the list goes on. Basically, nothing like current MMOs, oh, also, graphics are unimportant

There are no girls online.

Fashion
Replayable content
Farming/fishing/housing
Hardcore group content
Casual group content
Open world PvP that you opt into
Instanced PvP
Combat mechanics and buildcrafting that aren't as shallow as a fucking kiddy pool
Questing that isn't boring and predictable
Story that is taken seriously
Roleplay support/tools
Mod support

What combat can you even do with an MMO that isn't done to death?

ff14 is one of the worst examples of mmo gameplay, because they piecemeal your entire kit out to you, so instead of making you feel really powerful at the start, you're stuck using one or two skills until you level up, then you get one more move, then another, etc. It's so painfully slow and lame. The only saving grace is that when you do the MSQ once, you're done with it, since it will single handedly chew up above 30 hours of time, maybe more, with all the fetch quests and walking to and fro repeatedly.

Every MMO has girls. Doesn't mean your no mic, no timestamped pics, ERPing uguu cat girl friend is one. That's just mental illness driving the host to turn into a tranny.

Basically just remake 2012-2014 TERA except this time don't ruin it.

BDOs combat wasn't typical. Game wasn't good but it wasn't press 1 to attack.

What I would love is an Earth Defense Force MMO. Raid bosses on giant monsters with 20 people would be awesome. Idk how tanks and dps can sit in raids stationary for 30 minutes pressing 1 over and over.

I can't play my class under 70 now it doesn't feel the same

I wish a game came out with very slow combat and dangerous overworld enemies like old ff11. I get the desire to want fluid combat but no company has done it right, at all. Every attempt is either totally weightless bullshit like tera, or has weighted attacks, that mean nothing because if they're not a trash mob they have super armor on all their attacks, like dfo/dnf.

Shakespeare was a mistake

Attached: baaAAAAAAAAA.gif (243x367, 831K)

>Subscribe for a month
>Do all the story content
>Unsub and wait for the next

Saved you the trouble, OP.

Attached: 1522906685743.jpg (848x1200, 145K)

>subscribe for a month
see you could do that, except they've fucked their own progression by making post-story content give 0 exp, so you have to do a good dozen hours of shitty fetch quests and walking to get 0 exp, just to get to the dungeons that give you EXP. It's pretty ingenious honestly, it punishes new players something fierce because it will take more than a month just to be caught up, likely 2 if they're normalfags and don't play 4-5 hours a day.

First, get rid of flashy meaningless shit skills, and only give cool effects to ultimate attacks that are hard to pull off or have immense cooldowns, and please get rid of the shitty holy trinity, then add this and you'll have a decent combat system, I think

story wise yes, mechanics wise alchemy/MA killed the entire combat system to a flanders of itself.

>no ass: the game