Genuinely Bad Game Design

>Instead of a run button, they just have you buy skip sandwiches

Attached: skip sandwiches.png (512x448, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwQmwT1ULMU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wouldnt be an issue if the effect lasted longer. But yeah, i agree.

These consumable souls from Dark Souls. Like yeah, i want to see my character doing the same animation over and over and over and over again.

>the game gives you a bike
>you can't ride it unless everyone but the main character is dead
Earthbound just really hates the idea of you going fast doesn't it.

You can just use them in bulk in later games.

Condiments are a cute mechanic, but that's it. Literally useless with higher level items.

>game uses mana point system and doesn't include any decent way of restoring it mid-fight outside of constantly going back into your item menu

Attached: 1551074739792.jpg (388x446, 90K)

Attached: pits.png (509x433, 7K)

Hate this in Mario Maker

>Skip sandwich only lasts 12 seconds

Itoi is a fag.

Dead Rising has you mix two drinks together for Quickstep aka increased run speed

>game doesn't have fire escapes

Attached: barry-spaggot-23-hours-ago-hhahahahaha-just-blew-upp-the-1623797.png (504x600, 231K)

Attached: eviltree.png (186x183, 5K)

>wanting to spend less time playing Earthbound

Game over when only the main character dies, regardless of whether or not your allies have revival spells, items, etc. Fuck that in Persona.

>not using emulatr to speed whole rpg bullshit

>brainlet who doesn't realize the whole point is to NOT consume them so you don't lose the souls when you die

Attached: C04OIGiWgAEsrBu.jpg (192x192, 8K)

It only makes sense in single-MC SMT. After you die, your demons have no obligation to save your ass. There's absolutely zero excuse for this shit in Persona and other multi-MC games other than your allies being assholes. And why the fuck is it you are the only one who DIES, but everyone else is conveniently "knocked out"? Even in Persona 3 it wasn't justified, and that game was centered around death.

>emulator
Go back to bed, junior.

>P3
It has less to do with it being centered around death and more that you have Death inside you.

I always interpreted that you do get knocked out, but the team falls apart without your leadership.

Are they so retarded that they can't chuck a revival bead or a recarm your way? Come on now.

I'm less bothered by that than I am by the inventory being a horrible clunky piece of shit.

Fucking this.
>oh he's knocked out, well fuck this shit. Just let the motherfucker kill us.
Goddamnit, Persona has gone to shit ever since 3 removed multi-persona for all allies. No PQ doesn't fucking count, although I will say that temporary HP and SP boosts were a smart idea.

>shinjiro
>chidori
Okay, and?

I can actually agree to that SMT demon obligation point. It's actually pretty fitting, yeah.

I do find it absurd, the thought of your allies, especially the competent ones, just not knowing how to help you out when you faint and thus leading to a game over.

Especially when they cry "OH NO GET UP" "WE CAN'T WIN WITHOUT YOU" and so on. Then pick me the fuck up, you useless cunts.

>equipped items are still in your inventory
Key items being in normal inventory is bullshit enough, but how can my hat be on my had and in my backpack at the same time?

>Zero 1
>getting a game over fails the mission permanently
>lives don't refill between missions

>pokemon route
>it's one way
>have to constantly fly to the other end of it just to get everything

>healing potions
>there's only one tier of potion
>you buy 1 at a time
>99 cap

Modern RPGs need to stop being lazy and looking back at their old timey counterparts precisely for this kind of shit.
MP attrition is an archaic design choice. It cripples gameplay and progression and makes people not want to play anymore.

I love Earthbound so I don’t mind taking slow.

Attached: 8879DD76-AADD-444C-85B0-706A77619699.jpg (768x1024, 190K)

kek

And Atlus let demons fight after MC is down in IV/A and SJR, but in P5 MC's death is still instant game over for some reason. Not to mention that IVA finally fixed instalkills, but P5 yet again uses their classical form. I know that Persona and SMT teams are almost completely separate at this point, but they probably should cooperate once in a while to prevent shit like that

I think it's a genuine design choice. Since Earthbound's encounters are on screen and some events are triggered by running into enemies it's better to limit how fast you can run. If you can be arsed watching, this video explains that the game uses some enemies as in-game programming switches.

youtube.com/watch?v=nwQmwT1ULMU

super ghouls and ghosts.

you know why.,

I just watched this today. Good post, user.

Attached: 230D835E-EE06-4DD5-B9B4-FB2F6CE5BB63.jpg (1552x873, 413K)

>melee attacks to more damage than guns or explosives

what is this?

>leveling up makes your bullets fly out harder

you should because it's bad level design.

Attached: asshole.jpg (255x240, 48K)

>only differences in difficulty are the enemies have more health and do more damage

>someone tied politics to the Mother series

Absolute cancer.

>die in shmup
>it's game over because you cant possibly get the powerups you had back fast enough to fight off the swarms of enemies that are built for a fully upgraded ship

Attached: gradius II game ender.webm (320x224, 2.55M)

Just don't suck

How was I supposed to know that enemies can be killed by jumping on them?

Attached: h.png (300x168, 6K)

Get dabbed on nuzlockers.

by reading the manual?

the idea is that the game gives you everything you need to know within the first screen- enemies hurt you, certain blocks contain different things, you can stomp on certain enemies, and some enemies hurt you regardless. since its the first screen you dont lose any progress by dying too

nintendo hotline

The incorrect location of the graveyard and the incorrect way the tent is facing in relation to the hotel is giving me PTSD

the mother series is political

Their AI is usually doing a very good job of falling apart even when the MC is there, because he can't actually lead them.

Hello Arin

>a bunch of kids going on an adventure to slay space-horror is political

Is giygas space hitler or something? Or is Porky fat-hitler?

Fuck you people and you shoe-horning American political faggot nonsense into literally everything.

This is pretty cringe bro

Attached: 1450241836248.jpg (675x374, 41K)

Stuff can have political elements without being a vehicle for a blatant political message. Politics is cancerous because it will abuse everything in its grasp to gain more power. Politics is interested in everything, but, by any useful definition not everything has to be political.

This made me want to see a Gradius II no-upgrades TAS.

You can use them in bulk in dark souls as well.

Only remaster.

There's probably some Japanese political commentary there that is lost on us baka gaijin, but the image is still not funny.

kino