Baki Fighting Game by Capcom

I'm currently QA testing a 2D fighting game by Capcom that is based on the Baki franchise. Here are the highlights:
>It's a pretty violent game. Reminiscent of Mortal Kombat series
>Instead of hit sparks there is blood splatter
>Characters receive/retain damage marks
>Art style is "cel-shaded" (characters are outlined in thick outlines, especially so in finishers)
>There is a "Brutal KO" mechanic, which is basically a super but similar to a fatality in MK (you can only use it when an opponent is less than 25% HP + staggered)
>Combat is very similar to Samurai Shodown, it's not very "combo" heavy
>Arcade mode exists, "campaign mode" is essentially 5 tiers of a grand tournament, and it's how you unlock the 5 hidden characters (you can only use 1 character from the starting roster, and each tier you have less restarts - tier 5 you cant restart.)
>No playable female characters
>Primarily based on the new anime run
>Every character has unique interactions with other characters
>Probably the most violent fighting game I've seen to come out of JP
>18 playable characters
>No DLC that I know of, but there are 5 unlockable characters.
>Morio Sonoda was once in the game
>Some characters use weapons, especially in the Brutal KO's
>Doyle and Retsu are completely fucking broken right now
Here is the starting roster (theyre only referred to in their first names, but 2nd names are referenced in the game):
>1) Baki Hanma
>2) Kaioh Retsu
>3) Katsumi Orochi
>4) Jack Hanma
>5) Kosho Shinogi
>6) Goki Shibukawa
>7) Kureha Shinogi
>8) Sikorsky
>9) Ryuukou Yanagi
>10) Spec
>11) Hector Doyle
>12) Kaioh Dorian
>13) Kanji Igari
Hidden (in order of unlock):
>15) Doppo Orochi
>16) Alexander Gallen
>17) Kaoru Hanayama
>18) Biscuit Oliva
>19) Yujiro Hanma

yolo

Attached: baki.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZyQAkAlO3k
youtube.com/watch?v=pK0xiIyQ9PM
mangadex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

does baki get better? i'm 4 episodes into the first season.

Attached: geese fear no man.webm (720x720, 985K)

fuck, didnt mean to type 18 playable but 19 playable.

>no playable female characters
based and how it should be

nice wet dream

imagine spending all this time to pass off your dream game as real

NICE

Attached: 69FEC95C-5C7C-4C58-BED8-E1A271210177.jpg (560x548, 68K)

Shouldn't that filename be called "Geesefearsnobeast" ?
Those are not men user.

>no musashi
I will not get your game.

Attached: 1548172222138.png (731x578, 371K)

Care to post any evidence OP?

>Does Baki get better?
>I only watched 4 episodes
If you don't like fighting already, you won't like Baki at all and you should probably stick to something that doesn't have violence or something.

yes but it gets worse too

ive always been a fan of the Baki series and seeing it in a capcom game could be really interesting!

Attached: RealDougWalker.jpg (600x685, 40K)

>Gets worse
It's a series about fighting, how could it get worse? Ive read the manga, the older animated movies and even the Netflix series.
How does constant street brawls and underground competitions get "worse" to you?

actual retard

>not Kengan Ashura
I sleep.
Also I don’t believe a word of this, but it could be neat to see it happen.

Attached: 8B598233-7A36-4226-9468-A7529A528F4C.png (235x198, 44K)

>No playable female characters
It's shit.

Would be amazing if true, but I can't believe it

Attached: Sikorsky.png (443x399, 237K)

I just gotta say that season 2 of baki has EASILY the worst opener of all time that I have seen. Can anything top how shit this is? I'm genuinely curious.
youtube.com/watch?v=oZyQAkAlO3k

Attached: 1430015190812.gif (200x189, 828K)

You've never seen Baki, shut the fuck up.

>Kengan Ashura
Wow, everyone pics Ashura, so interesting.

>Caring about anime openers
What are you a weeb? I fast foreward all anime openings.

I fast forward them after I watch em once and MAN baki season 2 took my breath away it was so bad

I have and read the Manga. The story is shit. Especially when Muhammad Ali's son shows up for no good reason.

Looks like someone doesn’t got too much desire...

What, you mean Ohma? Fuck no, KA has tons of other popular characters.
Are you misunderstanding me somehow?

as much as I loved the anime, it was a truly shit opening. probably because they knew everyone would skip it on netflix, but still.

>Baki
>A series about fights
>Cares about it's...story
>In a series, about fighting.
What's next, you going to tell me everyone loves DBZ for it's gripping plot you gigantic faggot?

the fuck are you talking about, that’s the old anime

That was great dude

Yeah I'm misunderstanding why the fuck you want to be here.

human are just cattle to Geese

Unlikely the OP is real, but I would def play it.

as shit as it is, i couldn't help but watch it every single time, it's so bad it's kind of mesmerizing

that's not the netflix opening, dumbass

sounds even more fake than the guy who leaked a Godzilla fighting game by ArcSys

What the fuck, dude

Attached: DD8C6365-59C5-4A65-AB8A-06EF8B8A0E9E.png (785x644, 670K)

same I watched it a ton when I shouldn't have it looks like a ps2 game or something and the song is SOO ass

Post-RE2/DMC5 Capcom is much more likely to reboot one of their old franchises than make something based on something else.

Attached: jCx6txn.jpg (3000x2276, 2.07M)

I fucking love me some Baki. Fuck off with this LARP, I was actually almost excited before catching myself

Look I know most of them are shit but if you defend that move in anyway, even by just saying "muh bad anime plot is always bad" you're the faggot. See

Is that the same character in different clothing?
Why the fuck do people like Jojo's Bizarre adventure? It's pretty gay looking or is that the point to it's popularity?

Yep, and now I got the whole thing forever memorized in my head. I guess it is kind of iconic in a way with how well it sticks and forces you to watch it every single time.

Stop replying, you clearly do not understand how entertainment works. Not everything has to be lord of the fucking rings dude.
You think guys with waifus from an anime series care if the series is actually award winning? No. They like it when their waifu shows up.
Anime has nice looking women? Guys will watch it for that.
Baki is a series about fucking fighting. It's the equivalent of a fighting game. Fighting games have stories, but it's not ever the main point of it's appeal.
If you don't understand this still, you might actually be stupid.

How the fuck do you think the first character is either of the other two? Are you okay?

Why Baki? Last anime was very good, but, why? Franchise isn’t famous enough.
Also, I should read the manga

Same lip color
Same skin color
Same setting
Looks like the same person put on a wig in the second pic and is putting on different gay shit no person would ever actually wear.

>turn from swole fit god to a lanky fuck
nani the fuck

Attached: 1558989571159.png (680x532, 633K)

Everyone likes it for different reasons. I like it because the abilities are unique and lead to some truly creative and interesting fights beyond just punching the other person. Fights like Civil War and White Album, in particular, are fantastic. Even dumb fights, like the face-warping Stand from Part 3, were a lot of fun to read through.
It's also interesting watching his art style change throughout the ages.
I know this isn't video games, but I only included that picture in my original post because Capcom made an old JoJo fighting game.

Attached: 023f740a79deabcf5eb52c014c16544b.jpg (345x620, 68K)

I'm sorry to be the one to let you know but you seem to have actual autism. Not being able to differentiate faces/people is a symptom. But hey at least you can get neetbux now huh?

>Using japanese word in a english sentence for no reason
Cringe and weeb

"Gay shit no person would ever actually wear" is the JoJo aesthetic, my friend.
Nu-JoJo characters are still ripped. They're just not massive.

Attached: Dngr4Y8.jpg (3000x2181, 1.95M)

Sorry I don't like your gay series of gay faggots wearing cringy outfits and gay poses user.

MK11 sold over 10million copies in its first 2 weeks.
Japan wants that sweet, sweet money

>It's not based on the Garouden game's gameplay
Gay as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=pK0xiIyQ9PM

Okay this pic alone in the middle is pretty fucking gay.
Jojo fans are literal closet homosexuals. Just admit it.

My uncle works at Nintendo.

Why are you pretending Araki doesn't have a serious case of sameface since the latter half of part 7?

I don't even like JoJo either sperglord. But I'm not autistic enough to think those three characters were the same. I just wanted to let you know you were retarded

Dude I'm not even talking about the whole plot of the show just the one character. In a show show with super human fighters here's a real life boxer and his son. I'm sure the author was probably a boxing fan and stuck him in there I just think it's a shit character in comparison. He couldn't even give Baki a real fight. Then cried in his girls arms.

Because he's a butthurt little closet case fanboy.

Is Baki a slice of life drama about a fighter or just about the fighting?

So basically you're arguing for the sake of arguing. There's a word for people like you, do you know what it is?

Yeah but people know what is MK. Nobody know what a Baki is. At least it will do good in japan

>Another shitty anime "fighting game" from Japan that isnt VF, TK, or DoA.
hard pass

>can unlock Yujiro and Oliva
So you can basically unlock unbeatable characters? nice

Define "first season". You mean like the early 2000's season 1, or Netflix season 1? The early 2000's season 2 tournament arc is great and worth a watch, season 1 is okay but mainly just world/character building and the Netflix series is a direct sequel to both.

Attached: 1539215089578.jpg (177x278, 9K)

Nice

>People see each other
>Seems pleasant conversation
>Someone says something to the other that makes their ego and pride on the line
>Fight ensues
That's Baki.

Rad dudes who like to dunk on autismals?
*dab*

Is fight. A lot. You will liked it if you like Dragon Ball and if you liked Jojo fights

Nigger, you okay or somethin?

It's an art style.
I really like the way the new faces in JoJo are drawn. It's semi-realistic, which I appreciate in an era where every anime / manga face looks nearly identical.

Attached: l4GYKPK.jpg (3000x2261, 2.13M)

It's just about fighting and fighter archetypes.
It almost feels like it would be a pitch in anime form to convince a video game developer to start a new fighting game franchise. It's DBZ without the "muh powers" and "muh fluff/filler"

Garouden Breakblow predates the modern anime-adaptation fighting game stuff, it's a particularly fun and brutal as fuck fighter. It's a nice weeby alternative to Mortal Kombat while still feeling distinct.

If you think that's the only pro fighter he snuck in there, you're stupid as fuck and needs to stop typing to me like 3 replies ago. You don't know shit.

>oliva
>unbeatable
giganigga got all his ribs plucked from his spine

Why do you feel the need to lie on the internet?

Those first two looks like man faces in drag.
Yeah it can be "art style" doesn't make it any less gay looking.

Show it to the non-manga readers

Not even that. Baki is just teenage Goku with daddy issues. All the characters are drawn to fighting the strongest fighters.

>Oliva is "unbeatable"
Someone clearly isn't a fan and is talking out of their ass I see.

No. Read the manga you faggot

>if you liked Jojo fights
I assume by this you mean, things get dire and hopeless but then the main character always has a trick up his sleeve and wins?

>Kureha
instant fucking main

Attached: kureha.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Is this some sort of double bait where you're pretending to praise JoJo while posting some of Araki's worst nu-art along with it?

The plot is literally "Baki wants to be the strongest guy in the world, so he fights and trains with everyone to beat the current strongest guy: his dad".

There's sideplots like him befriending everyone he kicks their ass and him having sex making him stronger but its mainly about everyone trying to kick eachother's ass to be stronger than the other, usually in extremely Loony Toons and over-the-top ridiculous ways.

>Teenage Goku with daddy issues
Stop typing
>All the characters are drawn to fighting the strongest fighters.
Duh? That's...kind of the point of fighting enthusists. What, you don't think boxers don't want to fight each other? You think UFC matches don't have a bit "I can't wait to go up against that mother fucker"?
Do you know what it's like to have testosterone? At all? Even a little bit?

WHY DID YOU PRETEND TO BE ME AND MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A RETARD THAT READS BAKI FOR THE FUCKING """"STORY""""?

Cause its funny and every fight is just 9d chess

No, that don’t happen that much. I mean weird ass techniques like hypnothize your opponent or pulling out a grenade from your stomach. All that while still being s martial art anime

That's bullshit but I want to believe it

mangadex org/chapter/502470/1

Like I said, I like it because it's mostly anatomically correct, outside of larger eyes. They look like normal people. Lips and nose visible.
I like the nu-art more than any era of JoJo, except for maybe Part 3 and Part 4.

Attached: 82e8dcf5e60ccaf868f5f55a4759f354.jpg (973x1400, 409K)

>no Gaia
meh

Attached: Gaia_2018_e_e.png (994x560, 498K)

Hanmasama :)

Attached: 1541346115121.jpg (745x1225, 119K)

Gonna be an Hayanama or Oliva main

If it actually becomes a thing I'm gonna main best boy Oliva

Based

>special involves throwing sand around
>super is literally just screaming like a bitch

>Gaia is playable
>beats everyone by being schizophrenic and hiding in the ground

So why does he have yellow lipstick on?

His "new" artstyle isn't bad imo but literally every picture you have attached to your posts have been some of the worst examples of the art style I've ever seen. You have to be a god-tier baitlord I refuse to believe you're accidentally doing this so consistently

Being based on and just straight up dropping the name are two different things.

>by being schizophrenic
Elaborate?

I know what I said nigger

literally a fucking meme

You're a real Baki expert huh? Kill yourself you suck all the fun out of this meaningless discussion.

This is a series where Yujiro Hanma literally gets Donald Trump to shit his pants. Pretty sure the author doesn't give a shit about real life references and only writes shit to be entertaining.

Weird color schemes are part of the aesthetic. That's why every volume cover has different colored clothing / lipstick / hair on every character.
I think it looks good. Not even baiting. I thought it was weird at first, too, but it's definitely grown on me.

Attached: 8.jpg (1774x1400, 568K)

Absolutely zero chance of it happening, but a Baki fighting game is something I've wished for for years. Yeah, I know there's one on PS2. It's dogshit. If you wouldn't main Doppo get out of my face.

hi im korean.
after viewing this thread i searched the wikis for the Baki anime, but there are no korean character although there is british, american, russian, japanese, and chinese character? are there no korean character in Baki? tae kwon do or hapkido?

Talking about the fun aspects of the series is fun. Shitting on it makes you a child and an obnoxious one in fact.

Why does he wear a sailor outfit? Is he in the navy? Do I really need to point out the irony about the gay comment and he Navy outfit?

>no female characters
So dead to the FGC and it's gonna sell like shit?

MK11 had no female characters and sold very well

When are they adapting the caveman arc?

>So dead to the FGC
You mean niggers? Who cares what they think?

One of the Maximum Tournament fighters was Korean. There's also one of Baki's rivals who gets killed by Spec who knows TKD, but he's Japanese.

Attached: Mouko_profile.png (478x478, 318K)

In the original anime, Gaia's true persona is a pussy field medic and he only turns into "Gaia" through PTSD/schizophrenia.

There you go. You finally posted an example of good Part 8 art. Took you way too many posts. Also you're still misunderstanding me. I'm used to his new artstyle. I like it, it has grown on me as well. But the art in and were so hilariously bad that I have no idea why you would attach them to your posts in the first place. You super tard.

Fuck you for making me dream

Attached: Bakipunch.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

who is your favorite character?

mine is jack

Attached: 1500359692352.jpg (491x785, 155K)

He's a sailor, but he's not gay. He's actually one of the few JoJo MC's who've expressed interest in women at all.

Attached: 0a2426aef559c94695e519b9d76db9ef2e771a88_hq.jpg (705x1024, 141K)

Split personality isn't schizophrenia faggot.

>not very combo heavy
throw it away

>drug enhancement and steroids: the character
fucking yawn. At least everyone else earned their power.

Lady you got triggered and started replying to me. I read the Manga once and watched the Netflix series. Enjoyed most of it and hated one character and you wet your panties trying to defend the shit character and correct me. Suck a dick.

I'm a Manlet Sagat guy myself.

Attached: 5617549-bkgdkj-01-108.jpg (1200x844, 384K)

Bad animation, boring fights, dull story, bad dubs. Etc.

I legitimately think those big sprawl artworks are good. What's wrong with them? DIO is wearing a weird-ass outfit, but everything else looks about in-line with his other art.

Attached: 1562468811941.png (300x300, 42K)

>He's actually one of the few JoJo MC's who've expressed interest in women at all.
>one of the few JoJo MC's who've expressed interest in women at all.
>one of the few JoJo MC's who've expressed interest in women
>at all
So to be clear: This series most gay looking sailor boy isn't the gayest but everyone else is?

shouldn't you be pounding Griffith's asshole you fag?

>I read the manga once
once meaning what? Like a marathon of chapters? A single chapter? A volume? What hell does that even mean?

>Suck a dick
You'd like that, you probably watch Jojo too

good one

Attached: 59AC26DC-634B-43CA-B5FB-248B121A9146.jpg (358x310, 81K)

imagine thinking a fighting game needs to be good because it is a combo string whore

Not to my knowledge, or at least nobody major. However, the author is a former JSDF member and more than a little racist, so I wouldn't expect much. A foreign fighter hasn't won an onscreen fight since Retsu beat Smokin' Joe a decade ago (and even then, he only beat a different foreigner). In fact the strongest American fighter of all was gruesomely crippled with absurd ease just a few months ago by the latest opponent without even putting up a fight.

>Dull story
Nigger it's literally about fighting. Why the fuck are you watching a fighting series for it's story? That's fucking retarded. You're actually stupid.

>FGC is just nigger
I wish, at least niggers have sex

at least the song is good. that early 2000s feel

The first JoJo got married straight-up, so there's that. Same with the second one. He actually had an affair, too. I forgot about them, for some reason.
The 3rd JoJo finds women in his age group annoying. The 4th JoJo acts more like a wingman for another character, and doesn't pursue any relationships. The 5th JoJo's story takes place over the course of a week or so, and there's almost no time for them to talk to women, so we don't know. The 6th JoJo is a girl. The 7th gets married.
I forgot about the three who were explicitly in a relationship. It's mostly that the sailor is the only one who has had a relationship throughout the course of the series - the others usually get married off-screen, or didn't have any form of relationship.

who would be good DLC?
I can only think of off the top of my head:
Izou Motobe
Gaia
Morio Sonoda (as a sort of "Dan" character)
I think there was also a Russian or Japanese character I cant think the name of rn

Not him, but off the top of my head:
>The first three protags all have sex with women and have kids (The second one has two and they're both protags later)
>Fourth and fifth protags are teenagers - one of whom is a fucking retard and the other's so overloaded on his ambitions he wouldn't know what pussy was if it were wrapped around his dick
>Sixth is a woman who's openly attracted to one of the male deuteragonists
>Seventh protag also gets married and has a kid - he dies while looking for a way to heal his child of a horrific illness
Gappy only stands out because he straight up gets a raging erection just from hugging a woman and goes full spaghetti when some jailbait with fat tits tries to fuck him.

Baki was pretty cringe though

Attached: 96A451B4-2ECD-444E-BAC2-61E4A2E702C6.jpg (280x373, 72K)

you dont get it user. jack had fucked genetics, no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get stronger,

he sacrificed his tomorrow for the today because all that mattered to him was his goal to avenge his mother and take revenge on his father

They confirmed a game was being made in the extra chapter of Kengan Omega, but no words on what it is at the moment.

Attached: KenganGame.jpg (862x1216, 185K)

Jack worked harder than anyone else, that's his whole character. The drugs are only there to help his body keep up with his retarded 18 hours a day training schedule.

post yfw speck vs hanayama

Attached: we hype.gif (250x188, 1.14M)

>I wish, at least niggers have sex
Have we seen any of these FGC nigs with anyone attractive? At all?

does having SEXU gives you super human strength?

No.

That user is actually wrong, jonathan, joseph and johnny have all expressed interest in women, and even jotaro got married to a woman despite his severe autism, so they're all straight except giorno, he's actually a fucking faggot and jolyne, but she's just a slut who wants to fuck everything

I’m watching a fighting series for the fights, but I don’t want to be treated like an idiot because the writers are too lazy to come up with a good reason for fights to happen. Like one punch man is great in terms of fights, and not boring as hell. I really wanted to like Baki too, but it’s so dull.

>Ryuukou vs Kosho

Attached: kewl.gif (483x324, 578K)

>that scene where speck kneecaps him and curbstomps him but hanayama still pulls it around for the win

Attached: 1533039574422.jpg (441x334, 24K)

Watching baki with Yea Forums was pretty comfy, it made me endure all the 0 budget crap.
There is literally unfinished animation on a bunch of episodes.

I read the one where Baki is a younger kid, the one that the Netflix series is based on and a maybe half of the one with the caveman but haven't gone back to that yet. Never seen or read anything Jojo. I apologize for not being the groupie you seem to be

No but it does calm you.

Only if you're one of the Hanma clan. But even then, only because they have a unique form of autism that grants them weird psychosomatic superpowers.

>jotaro
He only did it because society expected him to. Everyone knows his true love is the sea.

Ya'll are right. I binged the entire series up to Part 8 and quit for several months, so I forgot a lot of it. I only started reading Part 8 this week, so Josuke's blatant heterosexuality stood out to me more.

Attached: 1563410061049.png (250x382, 154K)

jack vs pickle was underrated kino

Attached: hanna-baki-jackhammer-sd-fwert.jpg (600x800, 142K)

if you were introduced to Baki on Netflix, just keep in mind that youre technically starting at season 2.

My point is the FGC is way worse that you think and also there are tons of chinks. White are there too but not that much

actually season 3 I think

>watching baki before it gets aired on netflix
>surprised this niche show got an anime sequel after so many years
>google some fights of the new season
>millions of views
what the fuck, I thought this was some niche shit

Attached: 50EA6E04-9CCA-4624-987C-47CA9C86424C.gif (287x216, 914K)

Season 3, yes

>losing to gaia
IMAGINE

Attached: Rekt.gif (285x241, 1.98M)

It is, people watched the anime clips and that’s it. I guess now is just a little popular

is it safe to say that all the netflix budget went into the 2nd opening?

Once something hits Netflix and their AI markets it to you, it's not niche anymore.

Attached: 1544996114954.png (641x259, 18K)

>is the FGC is way worse that you think
I already mentioned niggers, I'm not sure how much worse that can get if those kind are involved in groups.
>White are there too but not that much
Because we know better than to be around niggers.

>Still no Canadian fighter
>Still no Oceania fighter
>Still no Hispanic fighter
>Still no Viking fighter
>Still no Korean fighter
>Still no Native American fighter
>Still no Eskimo fighter
Baki still has so much territory to cover

You're not supposed to take it seriously.

That was a damn fine opening, though

>catch up to series
>Musashi series still not full translated
>The sumo series already being translated
What the fuck man, am I just supposed to skip it?

Now that the dust has settled, who was the best prisoner?

baki is jojo for people who only liked part 1 and 2

>I apologize for not being the groupie you seem to be
"Groupie" is a term for bands user. If you're going to be condescending at least use the right terminology.

I miss old Baki's personality. Just so carefree and loveable. Now he's a fight-a-holic who just beats up the next guy just because.

Attached: Baki_render_2018.png (436x818, 294K)

it's fully translated on Yea Forums archives

>Jap manga
>wrestlers are portrayed as pussy ass cheating niggas
fucking based

Does playing at locals and any tournies automatically make you apart of the FGC? I only play 1 fighting game series.

The geese fears the eagle.

Attached: 1562122847179.jpg (900x599, 166K)

he's just trying to get stronger and protect his new found pussy

>Ya'll

>Show name is baki
>baki is barely on the show most of the time

So we're done here? Alright enjoy the rest of the thread.

And nothing of value was lo-
>Still no Viking fighter
user...you're fucking stupid.

Dorian

What pussy? She's been long gone ever since Musashi lmao.
I hate his emo phase the most. Kinda sucks because maximum tournament was the best arc.

>no playable female characters
Yup, its good to hear that only chads will be playing this game while incels seeth and cry

It's gonna be a bamco-made 3d arena fighter

I've been done with you. You just didn't know your place. Now you do. You may leave now.

Nice try, but we all know that the Capcom doesn't let the fighting game division do nice things.

Since when is regional slang reddit?

what character comes from Scandinavia, specifically Iceland?

Give me the Motobe pill

viking isn't a nationality you fucking tard.

>Baki fighting game
Yes
>By modern Capcom
Oh no...

Modern Capcom has been killing it recently.

>what are some games where the bad guy wins in the end?

Literally made me lol. You last word chasing bitch.

Not in the fighting games they haven't

yes, except on the fighting games department, that's the problem

Fallout 4.

Pot meet kettle

SF5 is hit or miss depending on your preference.
MvCI had really good gameplay but everything else about it was absolute shit, which is sad

I gave up around that point. I liked the premise but the characters are lame as shit and poorly written.

SF5 is a failure, this is a known fact so fuck your "preference" shit.
MvCI was a failure as well.

I'm calling major bullshit on this one. Capcom would make a video game adaption of Kengan Ashura instead. Remember it's crossover with Street Fighter?

he has sex with his girlfriend and becomes a super saiyan.

literally 'have sex' the character

>just because
Do you even pay attention to the series? At all?

Would you rather keep your virginity and become a mighty wizard, or lose it to your first love and become a super saiyan?

Attached: 1562117837822.jpg (187x249, 5K)

Why do you people care about story when the series is about fighting?
That's like going to a ballet and then bitch no one was attractive.

Fake, there's no way Capcom wouldn't lock those 5 behind DLC

Here's the "Durr did you read the series guy."
Yeah I did, he's just fights because he wants to after his emo phase and fight against yujiro.

>got hype as fuck when I read that page
>immediately realized it would probably be an arena """fighter"""
Fucking.

As if the wizard had a choice.

>Author writes her out because of how dumb it was.
Lmao based.

Nigga how bout you tell me when they're going to release the rest of the dub?

>dub
Cringe

Then you should realize it's not exactly out of place - he's turning into the next Yujiro. It's been a talking point of the franchise since very early on.

They did though...

Fucking based if true

I have a friend who's a huge baki fan, really hope this is real.

I also just want Capcom to make good fighting games again.

This'll probably what it'll turn out to be, but I still wanna believe.

Attached: Ohma.jpg (556x657, 29K)

How is it "durr" when we're talking about a series in the first place? Hell, the very beginning of ANY form of Baki is easily explained: Baki WANTS to fight anyone who wants to fight him. He never needed a reason to fight others. When the prisoner arc happened, he fought because he was told about them and then shit got personal when his crush got abducted and he fought out of anger.
You are literally a child if you think characters who grow up and experience things outside what they're used to (fighting for instance) to not develop a personality change.
You ever see how old people seem a lot more patient compared to punk asses like you? You don't think elderly weren't mouthy pieces of shit like you? Everyone was, I was, it's not that hard. But then we GROW UP.
You'll grow up too one day, I hope.

The music is pretty damn good though, it reminds me of persona

Nice putting words in my mouth.

(You)

> I can't understand the language but I know the acting is so much better.
No you don't.

what about the parts in between fighting though? how can people sit there and watch trash dialog for what amounts to 5 minutes of actual fighting?

I figured that's how you'd respond. Humor me, early or mid twenties?

(You)

So fast foreward it? It's not that big of a deal user. You make it sound like there's episodes devoted to love or something. A love scene happened for like 5 minutes. If you can't sit there and let character development happen for 5 minutes. You probably have ADHD. Luckily there's this thing called fast foreward these days.

What fighting franchises could they reboot, though? The most successful of the dormant ones is Darkstalkers, and we all know what happened with it.

>Baki
that's cool but where's my Kengan Ashura game?

Attached: hmYciKK.png (775x867, 630K)

>its a yujiro appears and beats everyone effortlessly episode
I hate reruns

In the trash

Dude is ok i know that it hurts having a small dick compared to black people but that doesn’t mean you have to hate them. Besides negros ghettos and blacklivesmatter faggots they are mostly human, just like you an me

Dude, there are plenty of animes and cartoons that are about fighting AND have a decent story. It is reasonable to expect something to look up to, besides the fights.

Found the nigger

He's trying to cope REALLY hard so he's making incredibly stupid posts. Don't stop him it's hilarious

Let's settle it here folks.
Baki or Kengan Ashura?

Attached: 9cf.png (680x618, 956K)

Why do you glorify story so much? Do you need story to be entertained that badly? Do you need a backstory when you watch a fighting match recap on youtube?

Hell everytime I re-watch Evangelion I remember how, when I was a kid , I only liked to watch the battles and didn't give a shit about the story. Now I can actually enjoy both, because they're there.

any series heavily focused on fighting doesnt need or deserve a good story and if someone tries to make a "good" story surrounding it then it's probably meant for 12 year olds, see:
>naruto
>bleach
>dragonball

>lying about baki games

Attached: 1538882614424.png (478x358, 193K)

Kengan every goddamn time Baki is so fucking retarded

Cope what?

>You shouldn’t hate nigger
>I BET YOU’RE ONE
dummy user, black people can’t afford internet

Capcom as a company considers SFV a success. It's making them a lot of money on costumes and e-sports events alone, even if the sales don't match up to SF4. SF4 also had the hype of reviving an entire genre behind it.
Not even shilling, but SFV is not a failure. If it was, Capcom would have dropped it so fast. MvCI was dropped by Capcom so quick that the roster is lopsided, if I recall correctly. The character select screen is literally lopsided.
SFV is getting more announcements at Evo. The game is a success by Capcom's standards, even if you don't enjoy its gameplay.

ain't that the appeal of baki tho?

or I can just not watch that trash because my issue is with its terrible writing. you dont even know what ADHD is you spaz

No but they steal it, just like everything else in their life.

Give me that good shit.

Attached: 1532654767650.png (847x1200, 408K)

Is kengan on jewflix already out?
worth watching?

Are you talking about professional fighting? because the entertainment from watching humans compete in a sport is not the same as watching fiction, I do expect some sort of story in the latter.

Those three you mentioned have a pretty retarded story alright, but it's nowhere near as stupid and bland as Baki's.

Yet here you are, in a Baki thread. You can leave at anytime now. But you won't, you lack common sense.
>Spaz
Oh, euro? That explains a lot now.

Attached: grnr8kxbl6zz.jpg (2014x1437, 135K)

>no DLC
>Capcom doing a licensed fighter outside of crossovers
>a JP fighter that outclasses SamSho in violence
>Retsu being busted
>no Pickle
This feels like it's bullshit but I want it to be true. But please give me Pickle

Attached: Crash.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

>Probably the most violent fighting game I've seen to come out of JP
Considering Samurai Shodown has you bisecting and splitting in half by the middle girls who look 15
I doubt that

I never understand why Evagelion have mechas if the show was about the MC trying to endure his shitty life while being used by everybody and trying to go though his depression. It seem like it didn’t ever where part of the same show
Literally you could replace the mechas fights for car race and there would be no difference. Why nobody talk about that?

Why do you ask? If it's out, just go watch it. How much of a god damn sheep are you?

You don't understand anime, it's clear as fucking day.

It's coming out on the 31st
:( Am I the only one that likes cgi in anime?

Why is there so many angry people in this thread?

God damn.

Why show me an image? Where's the site with actual statistics? I could easily edit that. Even a child could.

Judging by what you just said, you might be too stupid to understand the plot of Evangelion. And this is from a person who doesn't even like Evangelion

Why I can talk about race in this anime thread in a videogame board? God damn let me live user

because I don't want to turn on the netflix device or open a new tab to google it myself, I'm a busy man.
I liked high score girl, it kinda blows for anything action.
CGI on baki was fucking shit.

Both. This isn't fucking Pokemon, you can read and enjoy both, there's nothing stopping you other than the autistic need to create arbitrary drama and conflict.

Attached: Dr-maX5W4AIeVhd.jpg:large.jpg (2048x1128, 164K)

Im just bored. but you're right, there is no sense in reasoning with weebs so Ill leave you to it.

Yes you are. You no taste having giga retard

I was able to watch and enjoy those three you mentioned, is not like I can't tolerate a half assed script. Baki is on another level. It's like it wants to be a parody but it's really not funny. Then you have something like One Punch Man which has fighting, has comedy and it has some pretty enjoyable background.

First day on Yea Forums?

What is your favourite anime or manga?

I AM ANGRY.
ANGRY ABOUT BAKI not having a single good adaptation what the fuck man it didn't deserve that cgi trash

Because originally it was going to be just another mecha show, but the creator had a mental breakdown during production.

That wasn't me

Usually anime threads on Yea Forums aren't this rage fueled.

>Oliva
what was his fucking problem?

How gory and graphic is Baki anyways?

I think I got it. It was about stop being a pussy and live the life even if it fuck you up. But still, what it have that to do with mechas?
Or maybe i’m retarded idk

CGI was brought to us for angering the old gods.

Literally nothing I answer would be a satisfying answer to you because you're buttblasted and want to retaliate.
But it's Dorohedoro

no SEXU is just a way to release tension, love was the thing that drove Baki to tanking hits

He likes SSBBWs

cartoonishly

He's black, they don't need reasons to have problems. They just are a problem.

Ohhhh then it makes sense. Just like one of thoses things that only happen once in a time, like having sex. Actually that makes it even more interesting

He's got a literal harpoon for a wiener and can't have sex without killing someone. That tends to result in some uncontrollable pent-up aggression. The fact he's still so jovial and friendly to people is impressive.

Attached: 6016626-4322139370-39790.png (760x1200, 824K)

Compare it to something

its pretty bloody and graphic, characters rarely ever die however, no matter how much something should kill them; whether they get their face blown off, bullets shoved in their mouths, or skin slapped of their bodies.

If you tagged every "rage fueled" reply, odds of them being me are pretty high.

Whatever, I've just realized your claim of having to "understand anime" is fucking stupid and I shouldn't have replied in the first place. I can understand anime you asshat, it's not fucking Dostoevsky.

>see some nigs chimping out
>finding out why they're fighting is also really interesting

wow

Imagine Mortal Kombat but censored by Japanese standards and more anime like. If MK was rated PG-13 but pushed to it's limits in an animu style

Nice projection. No, that's a good choice. Could never really get into it though.

You ever seen the toenail scene from Spongebob? Google it if you haven't, watch the clip. Baki's gore factor is usually on par with that.

Attached: med_1476917918_image.jpg (640x480, 65K)

Evangelion is pretty deep. The fact that you think it's not or can't be deep makes you look even dumber. Again, not even a fan of the series. You're just kinda slow.

>2D
already not interested

That's bullshit but I'll believe it, the shitty SF5 style of graphics would be really fitting for a Baki game.

Why not just watch a clip and judge it yourself you faggot?

Nigs fighting and martial artist fighting are not the same thing.
Nigs fight for stupid reasons. Martial artists fight because they enjoy doing it and test themselves no differently than any other athlete.

His final confrontation with baki is the most kino thing i've seen in manga.

baki had some cool craziness like the ape and the soldiers, but fuck if the majority of it aint bullshit. the best episode of the prisoners arc was the first one and everything just gets fucking stupid and lame from there. Scratch that rollercoaster fight was actually the high point but everything after fuck off. original series mostly boring as hell after ape too

It's shit like people getting shot through the face and muscle tissue being torn but nothing like graphics. It's like if Loony Toons met Mortal Kombat but if everyone took everything extremely seriously and no one dies.

Ok, I want you to look up this chain of comments and realize that you're replying to the wrong person. I fucking love Evangelion, I think it's deep and I don't care if Yea Forums thinks that I'm a pleb for it. My hatred is directed at Bakim the Netflix one.

Post the best out of context moments

Attached: file.png (1439x972, 1.71M)

You could of saved yourself some time and just said "I hate fiction"

If only Capcom was actually still this based

I'm sure you're a pleb for other reasons, we woudn't need to judge you for Eva. Like your whiny response for example.

Read what he's replying to and then kill yourself you over defensive shitstain

Attached: file.png (1080x729, 1.19M)

EVO right around the corner might as well keep track of this.
>inb4 wasting your time
It's literally just a screenshot.

>Kill yourself
Please don't be in your 20's. I'd lose hope for the future generation just a bit more if you tell me you're actually supposed to be some sort of adult.

kengan. no contest.

>>Kill yourself
>Please don't be in your 20's. I'd lose hope for the future generation just a bit more if you tell me you're actually supposed to be some sort of adult.
Cringe retrospective boomer

anyone know where the whole fucking thing might be available online? the only scans i ever found went up to like chapter 190

Baki

That answers that. Turns out you're both just edgy man-children.

Not that user, but you should kill your self now that you posted this weak ass piss baby bullshit.

1. He answered your question
2. You responded like a passive aggressive baby. Twice.

So again, kys or handle the bants man.

Attached: Kevin lol.png (1914x1004, 1.64M)

Or I can call someone an edgy manchild. Like you are apparently.

Cringiest post of the day for sure

Is that supposed to offend me?

Bro you sound like a literal child. Every micro dick reply you have done so far just embarrasses yourself further. Your obliviousness to this makes it 10 times worse.

Attached: stop posting.gif (160x120, 257K)

>2D fighting game
>For a series in which almost no characters can use any form of projectile attacks.

This is enough evidence that you're fake and gay.
The very basis of 2D fighting games is the game about controlling that 2D scenario, and if there were no characters capable or using projectiles then the game might as well be a 3D fighting game.

Yeah, embarrassing myself on a anonymous message board.
Do you not see how dumb you just sounded?

So that's the target audience of this piece of shit!

>being this oblivious
I tried to help user. You will learn one day.

Attached: lol we'll be right back.png (905x619, 566K)

If I need advice being a faggot, I'll let you know.

based

Unironically that's the best opening. The music is slow and relaxing, Baki is training and it's mentioned he is alone. Just Baki and the ring.

Attached: 1476629839743.gif (300x225, 100K)

Nah, you already got that down based on all of your replies here.

Attached: ippo lol.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

You would know that wouldn't you? Since you're the expert and all.

>no characters use any form of projectile attacks
you have clearly never watched any of the anime or read any of the manga

You're the one that's mad though?

Attached: Sad comp.jpg (750x736, 52K)

>boomer user derailed the thread
T-thanks.

What's there to be mad about? Manchildren like you on Yea Forums are a dime a dozen.

Not like anything was worth salvaging.

>”Ey, where’s this guys di-OH FUCK”

half of the character listed in OP have projectile attacks tho. the rest are grapplers / brawlers

damn nigga just take the loss already

Kids need to be reminded of their place sometimes.
The slow ones take a bit more time.

If katsumi has the whip it's a 10/10 for me

what the fuck is happening with dou right now?
there hasn't been a new chapter in a good while?

>Half
Okay lets see:
Shibukawa
Yanagi
Hmmm Spec if he takes a gun I guess?
Dorian?

Seriously, who else?

Didn't Retsu almost kill Doyle with throwing knives?

Retsu. Doyle. Gallen. Kosho. plus who you mentioned. also projectiles dont define a fighting game. clearly we've already outlined the characters that do have projectiles, but the other characters could have dashes that serve a "projectile" purpose, which is super common already in most fighting games. just look at SamSho

Itagaki's remaking the first chapters of Grappler Baki right now

B-but I like drama and conflict...it’s all ive got left.

Attached: 356B34C0-8F70-46E5-A278-F6BA98EA5152.jpg (976x651, 84K)

Baki as a series just pissed me off because it's literally Japwank: the series. The excitement wore off quickly when I realized that anyone Japanese was guaranteed to beat all these baka gaijin, there were no more upsets, no more surprises, just "wow JP superior so strong so skilled". It just got tiresome once I realized that all these characters were built to fail, and how they failed always boiled down to asspulls. Suddenly these hard motherfuckers were wimps, or stupid, or weak, or slow, while the JP guys always had impossible wellsprings of grit, strength, and skill to pull from. And in the most boring fight I saw, the JP guy was straight invincible from the start, like what's the fucking point? If I wanted to watch someone masturbate I'd load up porntube.

This also happen with american movies. Is normal

exactly what said
Every country has their own "wank" stuff. What, is this your first epiphany kid?

Baki's art style is too much for me, I prefer kengan asura/omega

So basically nothing in the backgrounds?

Patricians
GOT TO MUCH DESIRE

yes