Which characters are you looking forward to get cut from the next Super Smash Bros. game?

Which characters are you looking forward to get cut from the next Super Smash Bros. game?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

these characters didn't all need to have the exact same moveset
i wish sakurai would change up some characters' moves from game to game

Cutfags are mentally ill.

Only one of them should be in Smash, and that's pushing it, FUCK Fire Emblem, the moveset isn't even the problem, replace them with Isaac, Paper Mario and Waluigi and the game would objectively be better.

Are you implying cutting Dark Samus, Dark Pit & Dr. Mario for Mario to have a brand new moveset based around Odyssey wouldn't be worth it?

Are you mentally ill?

>Moveset based around worst 3D Mario.
Nah, I'll take my moveset based on Mario USA, Mario 3, and Mario World, thank you.

Lucina and Chrom are echoes, so it's expected they have the samr moves.

Marth and Roy only have similar animations, but the moves themselves are very different.

There is no need to upset that your favorite bing bing wahoo character didn’t make it into bing bing wahoo bros

>Mario having a different moveset
Fuck that Mario's moveset is fucking perfect. Why try to fix what's not broken? To appeal to a little kid throwing a tantrum that doesn't even play the game?

If FIre Emblem got the same representation it does now but with better movesets/more character variety, would you be as mad?

Attached: hector.jpg (750x720, 57K)

All these

>puff
>daisy
>ice climbers
>sheik
>Dr mario
>pichu
>young link
>Roy
>chrom
>mr G&W
>dark pit
>zss
>snake
>Lucas
>R.O.B
>Toon link
> wft
>Rosalina
>greninja
>DH
>Ryu
>ken
>cloud
>Corrin
>Simon
>richter
>incineroar
>plant
>joker
>hero
>banjo

;)

Get rid of all of them and replace them with 3 generic classes: Lord, Vanguard, and Tactician. Lord would be Marth, Lucina, and Chrom merged into one, Vanguard would be Ike and Roy merged into one, and Tactician would be Robin and some other character like Reinhardt.

Your favorite one hopefully.

>Mario has more characters than Fire Emblem
>Mario has more characters than any other franchize
>""I WANT WALUIGI AND ANOTHER MARIO"

Hector is not a good choice, the lords we have are the most important ones.

Important in what aspect, because isolated from Smash Roy and Corrin are about as important as the meatballs I had tonight for dinner

>Marth is in because he's the lead of the first game and famous in most of the games he doesn't star in
>Roy is in because his game was the latest when Melee was coming out and he was easy to add because of Marth
>Ike is in because his game was the latest when Brawl came out
>Robin is in because his game was the latest when Smash 4 came out
>Lucina and Chrom are in based on demand, easy of creation, and the fact that Awakening save the series
>Corrin is in because her game was the latest when DLC for Smash 4 was releasing

What is the fucking problem again?

All of them, literally all of them should stay.

There's literally nothing wrong with the FE representation in Smash

>all those posts for years about how Lucina, one of the most popular characters in her series long before Smash, was 100% not going to be in Smash Switch
>they're still going at it

Attached: 1533737398359.png (388x412, 262K)

Roy is not important but people begged for him to return, Fates is the best selling game in franchise and Corrin has the most unique abilities among the lords.

I'm not so sure that Roy or Ike qualify as important lords. Most of their clout seems to come from the fact that they were in Smash.

Fixed

Attached: FE smash.png (708x471, 472K)

Nice revisionist history. Ike is the most popular lord in the entire series, the only one to be the star of two games, and was heavily requested for Brawl. Where do you think Black Knight fags came from? Honestly.

Edrick and Cloud
Replace with Sora and Noctis
Fuck Final Fantasy VII and Fuck Dragon quest fags
Final Fantasy XV will always be the best final fantasy

Attached: 42D39E23-6784-4C5A-B85F-0B1F4D0DECBC.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>Reinhardt
6/10 you made me reply. That's actually a good idea, though

Attached: 87.png (855x722, 884K)

>Be huge Fire Emblem fan
>best Nintendo series currently alive
>Use pretty much all of them
>Looking forward to the inevitable Byleth
>Everyone is always seething at the cast, the tears keep flowing nonstop
Feels fucking awesome

Attached: 1563349980290.jpg (640x640, 70K)

I don't think Corrin should be in Smash because they're a shitty character from a game with an abysmally bad story even by FE standards, also the game in itself isn't that great. I do understand why Corrin is in Smash though and my personal opinion isn't a cogent argument to cut them

Based swordbro.

Dilate

Are you saying a Nintendo crossover fightin/party game shouldn't be full of recognizable and loved Nintendo characters?

Who's feet taste better? Corn or Robin's?

Attached: 1560012626196.jpg (99x196, 7K)

>Snake still in
>When he's already been cut once before
I'd be genuinely surprised if there were any third party characters in whatever Smash comes next

>Byleth could be in Smash and have a unique moveset utlizing that whipsword personal weapon he seems to have
>People will still bitch and say he's another anime swordsman clone even if he's super fun to play and unique
But he's not a meme lord like every lord from westernbabby's first FE or a meme lord from a decent game like Ike so he's bad.

>Another cutfag thread
Why do you homos hate fun? Does looking at pic related make you want to commit suicide? If so, please continue to stare.

Attached: dbzbt3.jpg (316x445, 59K)

You're right, all the more room for first party Nintendo characters to be considered first I say. Guests should be considered afterwards, and then clones after them, but they'd actually consider clones first because of how much easier they are to make and returning guests would be DLC.

>looking forward to less content

A) The first smash bros game had Ness as part of it's roster. A complete literal who until the internet kicked off mid 2000s.
B) At this point Fire Emblem is one of nintendo's biggest and most recognizable franchizes. Probably the biggest IP behind Mario, Pokemon and Zelda right now.
C) Everyone widely recognizable is already in the game.

Neither Paper Mario nor Waluigi are any more regnizeable than Lords of recent Fire Emblem games.

Characters i’ve blacked out will be relaxed with newcomers.

Attached: 0F6D15BB-D28F-493E-BAEC-97970325D7C8.jpg (855x722, 230K)

Replaced*

Finally someone who agrees with me, next smash should 1 million percent prioritise first party over third.

Cutting already existing characters for a new moveset is not how this works you retard.

all the fire emblem shitters and banjo.

Attached: 1556163534035.png (492x638, 28K)

I'd be mad if there were more than three due to the obscurity of the series. By obscurity, I am always referring to the casual audience the series is made for and aimed at. They can happily accept and even become willing to learn about any given representative from a more obscure franchise. And they are very happy to accept lots of characters from a franchise they know very well, like Mario or Pokémon, which explains all the Mario and Pokémon characters. But all the Fire Emblem characters, whom most people know only because of Smash, stick out. It would be like having four or five more reps from Punch-Out, imagine how strange that would be. Yes it might be based, and they all be really unique fighters, but why? That's how it feels to people who don't know Fire Emblem. Okay we like Marth, and we like Ike, and we understand why Roy was removed. But who are all these people? Yes I know them now because of Smash, but I've never seen them before. That's how it feels. Whereas with Mario or Pokémon, any given member of Smash's intended audience is likely to know all or almost every one of them outside of Smash beforehand. I think people will be angry at this post but it's the truth.

All the third party characters that aren't Megaman or Sonic.

Can accept all except Mr Based & Pilled. I can't let him get taken from me.

friendly reminder that based roar is never getting cut. you will never be able to seethe him off the roster. you will always have to see his face on the character screen.

Attached: 1561504639177.jpg (512x512, 26K)

This is actually good! Remove Jigglyshit and we are in perfect shape.

I like Inciniroar since I started playing him. He still looks like a fursuit but I enjoy how he plays.

And Pac-Man, you can’t have sonic and megaman without him.

Cope

I would replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo in a heartbeat, except she's a veteran. I don't believe any of the veterans will ever be cut. However, I could reluctantly cut Duck Hunt to stick Mewtwo in too.

Now compare how many games Punch out has with FE and how character focused it is by comparison. Doc Louis would be cool though.

>Cut fags
>Reboot fags

Nobody but you would care if he was cut. You want to keep playing as your favourite flat dude then stick to ultimate.

based

This confirms Sorafags are mentally ill and have bad taste.

>the obscurity of the series
>By obscurity I mean a definition that I pulled out of my ass
Holy shit fuck off.

Literally everything you just said is bullshit made up to convenieitnly reason why FE should have less reps inspite of the fact that FE isn't nearly as obscure as you claim it to be. And by your own logic we should just drop dead franchises that people only recognize at this point due to Smash. That means good bye shit like Ice Climbers and Falcon and Earthbound gets one character at most and even that's pushing it.

>160 characters
is this the biggest roaster in fighting games history ?

I don't think you know when/how to use that meme.

Doc Louis should have been standing in the back like Pokémon Trainer does, cheering and rambling. It's such a no brainer to me, and I don't know the correct jargon here but the coding already exists with Pokémon Trainer, so it feels like a real missed opportunity to me.

No, but it's definitely one of the biggest rosters. And it's still a fun game.

Banjo.

They really should remove Mario, Link and Pikachu.

Why are Incineroar the easiest to make seethe?

>Final smash 4 direct
>Corrin wasn't my number 1 choice, but she looks fun to play as
>Love bayonetta's inclusion
>check Yea Forums
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1480786700468 2.png (493x750, 114K)

By my own logic, one to three characters from any franchise is fine. I said that in my post.

>if there were more than three due to the obscurity of the series

I did pull the definition out of my ass, because it's my defintion, and I explained the defintion. The word I used isn't as important as what I meant by it, which is why I explained it: a franchise which the average member of the casual audience who the game was made for doesn't know. If all the kids at school are in fact playing Fire Emblem and can recognize them all by name at a glance, like all the kids know every Mario character and all the Pokémon, I'll take the whole post back. If Fire Emblem is that well known then it deserves all the representation it has, along with Mario and Pokémon. I'd do a complete turnaround and you'll have changed my mind. But I do not believe Fire Emblem is that well known to the casual audience, I would need that to be shown to me. I think Marth and Ike, or Marth Ike and Robin, is enough for me.

None. Imagine wanting LESS content.

Attached: 1435378730053-8000.jpg (504x504, 116K)

Except the casual audience isn't the core demographic, especially not for Ultimate as evidence by the amount of characters that were added that no kid would actually know about today like Banjo and K. Rool.

And even then, casuals play FEH, which all FE characters in Smash are present in that game.

>I think only the most well known among casuals should stay in but Corrin should be out even though his game is the best selling

Can you guys please try being consistent

Megaman, Corrin, Bayo and Joker

every single cutfags should get axed

Not a single one is getting cut now that Fire Emblem is Solidified as a mainstay series. And thats good, we deserve all the representation in Smash we can get.

Attached: D_tEzicWkAAQbWX.jpg (567x376, 50K)

Waluigi alone is more popular than any FE character, every Mario character is.

Go outside the street, people will recognize Waluigi from games like Mario Kart while they have no clue about literal who anime people

Tobal 2 has 200 characters, and that was in 1997

>Go outside the street
>Walk up to an elderly man and show him a picture of Lucina

>"ahh, I know that girl, i played fire emblem on my 3 dee ess, she's my favorite child unit, very sexy"

Your words are meaningless

I don't care as long as Bomberman gets to be playable. The fact that we got shitters like Banjo instead is really sickening.

Attached: Bombermanz.jpg (800x1135, 56K)

So are yours

Definitely Robin. Corrin doesn't wear shoes.

Don’t even think about it!

I mean, you can if Bamco isn't developing the future entries.

Glad you agree that you mean nothing, shitter

> Says the FEcuck who believe Flat girl is more popular than Mario characters
Splatoon has almost outsold the entire franchise, and it's not even 5 years old.

>all my mains are probably gonna get cut for shillshit come 2024/5
Think Imma just tap out at Ultimate & keep playing that instead, at least until I get bored of it. Couldn’t care about who else gets cut if nobody I like’s there anymore.

Attached: E6D71537-B5C0-42AD-9D71-5835B587BE14.jpg (1024x576, 66K)

Fire Emblem generates 300$ Million a year

What?
Sales don't count if they're not your narrow definition?

>CUT CORRIN NOW!!!!!!

Attached: 1562933740153.png (785x1000, 254K)

> Gachashit
By that logic, Worms has outsold Kirby and Animal Crossing

I'd be very fine with that and delighted with the rosterfags' tears.

I mean, it has.

Because just like Plantfags the game comes out, the characters everybody supposedly love are in, then fucking NOBODY plays as them because they suck

Wouldn't be worth it at all.

Incineroar sees some play. He isn't bad at all, more like a successful mix of Ganondorf and Little Max, amazing hitboxes, but gets walled out pretty easily in a lot of matchups.

Snake gets completely fucked by him and that is a relevant matchup

Agreed, cutfags are the worse. Literally wanted less content, in a series where the gameplay gets more and more casual. Content is all Smash has. Characters is all Smash has. Without that, there is nothing. You are delusional if you think a smaller roster = getting Melee 2. That is never going to happen.

Cutfags are mentally ill.

>Cutfags are mentally ill
>Resetera trannys are mentally ill
>both have had invaded Yea Forums
hmm... I wonder if there's a connection here.

What are your thoughts oin modes like Trophy, Break the Targets, Home-run contest etc.. being cut? Are you also mad about that, or are you just Characterfags who only care about MUH ROSTER! MUH CHARACTER

If you are, you aren't true anti-cutfags, they truly care about all the previous content Smash had. Neck yourselves if you only think about the characters.

do people want less content or do they just expect it?

I think people just think the only reason ultimate has so much is because it's an enhanced wii-u port and the next game isn't going to have the same base content completed to work from.

How to kill a franchise: the shit that passes as an idea in anons head.

Robin because projectile characters that need to charge abilities and camp corners while everyone else fights are for cowardly cunts.

XD

at its very core it's the same exact moveset, don't kid yourself

Why do that when we could give Dark Samus a new moveset instead?

>tfw wanted Chrom & Lucina as a new take on a duo character pre-Smash 4
>the monkeys paw wills them as playable, but as strange low-effort offshoots of Roy and Marth respectively that makes me feel like they're not really in at all

Attached: 1459016528358.jpg (500x500, 127K)

Dead franchise like Mother & F-Zero

>the only one to be the star of two games

Marth was the MC of two games and their remakes.

How does Wii Fit Trainer and Villager qualify? Both Wii Fit and Animal Crossing are casual as all hell. You fail at your own logic, user.

Cringe.

Attached: 1483010667_dank wikihow gorilla mate - Copy.jpg (899x804, 86K)

Robin actually washes her feet.