Just finished dark souls 1 for the first time and feel kinda sad I've missed the huge meme threads these games must...

Just finished dark souls 1 for the first time and feel kinda sad I've missed the huge meme threads these games must have generated on Yea Forums.

Attached: dark-souls-remastered-fire-uhd-4k-wallpaper.jpg (3840x2160, 424K)

I'm currently replaying it on Remastered. Got bored of my Balder Side Sword run and switched over to a new guy who will use the Silver Knight Spear and the Murakumo.

>weapon-centric builds
Make a quality build and then just play the game without looking up the weapons beforehand.

Dude I've played this game through like 15 times.

Don't worry user, I missed it too. I actually just played it this year and was blown away how good it was. Check out the sequels, I don't think they are as good as DS1 but they are still primo vidya and a lot of fun. I went through both like a starved wolf and was still craving more.

I'm now seriously considering buying a PS4 to play Bloodborne.

Attached: ds_blightown.png (1217x1215, 1.34M)

Demon's Souls is objectively best in the series. (Matthewmatosis long analysis can be found on youtube).

You can emulate it on pc or buy a used ps3.

Indeed. I came for the memes, but stayed for the worldbuilding. My opinion is pretty much precisely the zero punctuation's one.

I have been itching to grab 2 & 3, but been a bit worried reading that they weren't as good.

Attached: dark-souls-memes1.png (1024x632, 667K)

Oh shit, is PS3 emulation viable these days?

I think its safe to say if you enjoyed DS1 you should definetely check out the sequels. They both have some different problems, but the core gameplay is still as satisfying as DS1.

Attached: Solaire_01.png (541x641, 76K)

>tfw been around since before Demon’s souls threads
Don’t feel sad. The longer you’re here the more you suffer.

DeS is viable. 30 fps stable. even in 4k

Now you've only got Demon's Souls, DS2, DS3, Bloodbourne and Sekiro to play and you'll be able to enjoy all the terrible memes.

From bearer, seek, seek, lest, to MY NAME IS. What a good use of your time.

How can I save myself from this place? Is there anyone who achieve? without marrying or finding a high paid difficult job.

Damn. I am only at "praise the sun" level. :(

>Just finished dark souls 1 for the first time
I really hope it wasn't the remaster friend

Attached: stop buying remasters.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

don't worry, DS1 has the best memes anyway

>I have been itching to grab 2 & 3, but been a bit worried reading that they weren't as good.
True fans of the series recognize them both as improvements over 1.

This is what I do, my friend.

2 and 3 are both great games even if you don't enjoy them quite as much as the first.

People might say that 1 is better or Bloodbourne is better or whatever their taste is, but noone says they're not worth playing.

I'm going through Dark Souls with DSfix too, my first real attempt at finishing it
I'm liking it a lot, loved Sen's Fortress, Anor Londo, Painted World, Duke's Archives and such, love the characters and personality of the game but it certainly has lower quality parts
I just beat the Ceaseless Discharge and saw all the Taurus Demon's reused as trash mobs, Izalith seems extremely shit, and the crystal cave and Seath were pretty bad too, Seath especially

Attached: 23232.jpg (717x459, 18K)

Izalith is the least polished part of the game. Crystal Caves is fine but pretty frustrating design. The way Seath rotates and the fight in general isn't particularly good but it's not too bad.

People like to say that the first half of the game is better than the second half though. Which is too much of a generalisation because there's still a lot of good shit in the second half.

Also the remaster is 60fps and plays far, far smoother than just playing the original with DSfix.

>Also the remaster is 60fps and plays far, far smoother than just playing the original with DSfix.

>plays far, far smoother than just playing the original with DSfix.
No, you're just incompetent

Why does the armor in the remake look so fake? Is it the lack of scratches and the new lighting?

>What are frame timings
>What are ladder glitches
Are you one of those kids who bought a PRO GAMING 144HZ monitor but wasn't aware it was set to 60hz and played it like this for years?

The "reworked" lighting in the remaster just completely ruins the visuals. This is what you get when you pay 3 Chinese worker drones to replace what an entire team of artists created.

Attached: remasters were a mistake.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

>What are frame timings
Something that only affects 30fps console versions?
>ladder glitches
There is one ladder that will bug out if you slide down it in DSfix, obviously not worth completely trashing the visuals for

Holy fuck thats horrendous

Who the fuck worked on this port?

Attached: primordialMerchant.jpg (218x231, 9K)

It's pretty sad that for a lot of classic games the remaster is what future generations are going to play. FFX is another example that I hate.

Virtuos, the same Chinese studio that is responsible for similar abortions such as the FFX HD remaster

It gets worse

Attached: YeTDcsD.jpg (1437x770, 97K)