When will it get beaten?

When will it get beaten?

Attached: k5r7flvgqoscxamk2xjb.jpg (2560x1440, 768K)

I dunno, I think the industry is at least trying to pull itself together and we have the hindsight of how GO has played out in terms of a game as a whole so the odds that another game could take it's place at the absolute peak of terrible games that only retards play is thankfully pretty low, but I'm in no place to make those assumptions

remember when they said overwatch, rainbow6siege, quake (dead on arrival lmao) champions and battalion 1488 was gonna take over the comp fps scene? me neither

Cringe

It has been beaten though. There are plenty of more fun FPS games out there that are better than CS in basically every way. CS has a very popular esports scene, and good for it. That doesn't make it the best.

It just depends on what kind of game you like most. I personally do not like CS very much, still play every now and then. But CS isn't even close to the best fps game there is, and hasn't been for atleast a decade.

probably never 2bh. its the street fighter of FPS. even when it has massive glaring issues its still on top by virtue of what it is and who plays it.

if youre a young aspiring competitive gamer then you want to play the most well known game which is in turn played by the most skilled and revered players. for better or worse that is CSGO when it comes to team based objective focused FPS

>massive glaring issues
>recoil bad

Attached: 1557704037826.png (1080x1020, 475K)

They don't make gambling games like they used to

>There are plenty of more fun FPS games
name them

Zombie Panic! Source

It's been many years and I still don't understand how people can possibly find CS fun in any way

because youre a brainlet

they're normies

It was already beaten by CSS. Do remember that CSGO flopped and was below other CS games in player count until they added cosmetics.

Its a tactical shooter

>Its a tactical shooter
No it's fucking not.

whats it missing

still hasnt beaten 1.6 or source

Attached: 1549881832864.gif (118x120, 49K)

>implying CS doesn't have shit for balance and loads of weird mechanics that only exist for legacy reasons and not because theyre sensible gameplay choices

and before you make some stupid comment about the awp regarding i'm talking the general usefulness of all guns and utility. the optimal buy round load out meta has been the same since 1.6 except for every time the devs introduce a new pistol in GO and it ends up being an 800 dollar assault rifle. there are still to this day entire categories of weapons that are meme picks like shotguns and LMGs.

a functional competitive meta and a well balanced game are not the same thing

unironically source is better than go

>if youre a young aspiring competitive gamer then you want to play the most well known game
if you want to make money with out even trying in the esports scene you hit up fortnite. even if you lose you gain a lot of money while in cs the losers dont get jack shit

>source
cringe

every game ever has an optimal loadout/scenario. wtf are you talking about

fortnite is a team and objective based FPS? maybe i should try it after all. i've been mislead

Anyone championing source outside of mods is a massive faggot

Attached: 1563336220435.png (575x728, 499K)

why is the AK cheaper than the inferior commando and the AWP cheaper than the inferior autosnipers? why is the AK straight up better than the M4 and also only available to the Ts? even where the map design already favours the T side? why is the molly better than the incendiary, why is it more expensive. why are they team exclusive?

its almost like the game is perpetuating shit balance and design choices from 15 years ago for no sensible reason other than it being what people expect.

the issue isnt that theres something optimal, its that its been the optimal thing for decades now and it doesn't make sense, it simply "is"

Nigger, the recoil/gun mechanics in CS have always been retarded.

t. someone who's played CS since 1.6.

the sg is better than the ak and more expensive. why wouldnt the awp be inferior a more expensive gun? the ak does more damage but is less accurate, which is to give an advantage to them since ct's are the ones holding angles. most maps favor ct's but both sides are played anyway in competitive. the molly and incendiary are practically identical. ct molly is more expensive because maps are ct sided. team exclusive because one side is suppose to defend and other is suppose to attack. you know nothing about cs.

>Zombie Panic! Source

Attached: 1563431423529.jpg (640x619, 79K)

the autosnipers are not better than the AWP tho. and the sig isnt as good as the ak. both of those meta guns have more expensive but less effective counter parts.

the CT molly is more expensive but less effective which makes no sense against your assertion that the maps are CT sided. not all maps are CT sides, actual cs_ maps are T sided btw only de_ maps are generally CT sided. and as i already said, a healthy competitive meta doesnt make a game balanced. and in CS' case its frankly pathetic that the meta hasn't changed in about 20 years. imagine a fighting game where the guy that was the top tier character in the very first one was still the best in the current iteration 20 years later. pathetic

CS is in its darkest ages yet, turning the game into a free to play completely destroyed the semi-pro community

how did it kill the semi pro community or pro scene at all? they play on 3rd parties like faceit and esea

>incendiary less effective
>CT sided
>meta hasn't changed

You haven't actually followed the game for a few years, have you?

Yeah, and what do you think people did before those groups got established? They played on community server browser servers until they met other players?

>why is ak cheaper than commando
Because even newbies can score headshots with the scope? The fact that top 1% players can use AK as if it was surgical tool to remove heads doesnt mean commando is worse. Ability to scope and have close to zero recoil are extremly underrated. You can already see some pros sometimes buying AUG instead of M4.
>only for T
CS is balanced around bomb maps. In bomb maps all T are ethernaly screwed because they have to push while CS are just sleeping on chokepoints. Thats also molotov is better and cheaper: to give T a little advantage.
>why is awp cheaper than autosniper
If you think AWP is oppresive in hands of Kenny, look at what kenny did on some tourneys when he bought autosniper. Suddenly instead of 2 kills per round he gets 5 kills per round with it. Autosnipers are the most deadly thing in counter strike.

I agree with the rest though, so many weapons have never seen any real play because they are outright bad in every single scenario. Also adding CZ pistol made all other pistols, shotguns and MSGs completely useless for eco rounds.

>actual cs maps
Nobody plays maps with hostages. Nobody cares about hostages :3

Attached: cz_victoria_before.png (1208x786, 765K)

They paid for servers and search matches in IRC

based

sorry, it might be a bit high brow for you

this to be perfectly honest
sourcechads rise up

based

cringe

Attached: 1519491643243.jpg (500x500, 44K)

That's got nothing to do with the community of players then Vs now.

It's a bit too shit for me. I played it before Left 4 Dead was announced. Tried it a while later and was surprised how much bullshit I was able to tolerate. Must have been the fun people I played with.

It's a cultural phenomenon at this point, people will play it even if it suck just like old Greek people play backgammon until their death.

Only reason its popular is because overwatch and r6 are shit to watch while even the biggest casual can jump in on a csgo match and know exactly what is going on right now.

When the industry stop pushing minimum requirements higher. This game runs a on c2d so basically anyone with a computer can play it.

Actual movement
Non arcade positioning
Prone

the gunplay is just so absolutely unenjoyable that I can't get into it.

I'd like to play a version of CS where either your view kicks upward with the recoil and you have to control it or the crosshair physically moves where the recoil does. That alone would make it way more playable to me, because then you could discern the recoil pattern shit just by playing the game and observing instead of sitting in a private game staring at a wall until you 100% have it down.

I think BFV and Siege both do this.

Backgammon is good though.

you sound like a great and fun guy

Nobody said the game was easy.

I'm more of a checkers and blackjack guy and too dumb to play chess.

ITT
>guess il try CS
>oh wow my bullets arent going where theyre supposed to
>omg how did he hit my head?
>what the fuck how did they totally figure out my plan of pushing like an idiot and holding defaults
>what the fuck this game is shiiit waah!
>time to go on Yea Forums and cry about it

Attached: 1548449143075.jpg (324x400, 42K)

Git gud

It's not so much that it's hard as much as is unintuitive and not all that enjoyable to pick up.

You literally can't see where your bullets are going to go after the first shot. BFV and Rainbow Six also have set recoil patterns on their guns, but the way they do it is just "your sights kick upward with each shot" which makes the game a lot more comfortable to learn.

I know at this point CS is an institution and nobody would dare change it, it's like chess, or something- but I just don't think the way recoil patterns work in it are fun or satisfying.

Nigga, people reach the DMG rank and higher without ever learning the recoil. Just pull down and do shorter sprays, if you can't be arsed. So what if you won't get as many spray-downs? Or just use the AWP...

And that's Europoor DMG btw. So that's like Global Elite Master II for all you Amerifats.

>terrible core gameplay choices
>muh crybaby

"vision goes up with recoil" is one of the most disgusting tropes in shooter games and fuck you specifically for wanting it
Also if you still havent learned cs in 2019, get the fuck off my website zoomzoom

>Have 0 games that have broke multi millions in sales
>Is a core mechanics expert
Top cock

Dont forget to mention the guy needs 5euro wall scripts, my "dmg" friend

I mean, that's how they do it in R6 and BFV because those games have ironsights and they have to do it that way, but CS could just as easily have the crosshair move.

I'd take either of those options over rounds hitting above where the gun is apparently aiming.

>Hit Supreme
>Still haven't bothered caring about recoil patterns or smokes

i think the crosshair moving would be even more annoying

>because overwatch and r6 are shit to watch
They're also shit to play. CS gets points over them just for not requiring you to ADS for every shot, not having cluttered as fuck maps, and not having a bunch of hero abilities that assault your senses and fuck with your controls. Siege in particular feels downright stifling, it genuinely felt like a breath of fresh air when I played another shooter after a long while of my friends telling me to get on Siege.

stop posting you utter retard
>game needs a jittery crosshair that jumps with every shot!
I understand that the general gamer population is a bunch of scrubs and games need to be continuously dumbed down for the enjoyment of the masses, but if the fact that you retards think jittery aim is "good" shows that you really need to shut your mouth in regards to game design
we're all gonna be playing cookie clicker-tier FPS because of mongs like you, grats

>batallion 1944 could've actually been great
>terrible development and way too long between fixes killed it before it got any traction

Does gaben just pay these people to fumble their competitive games so that CS stays at the top of the pile or something?

>wolfenstein ET
>quake 3
>xonotic
>half life AG

dead games bruh

bro you dont ever spray in a fight ever, you should only tap or burst
if you start spraying in a firefight you become a sitting duck while praying to jesus that rng will be on your side, the only scenarios in which you spray are prefiring around corners, suppressing a pushing team, wallbanging or suppressing a push through a smoke
spray patterns are an incredibly small part of the game, unironically you need to GIT GUD

Attached: 1556660703483.jpg (894x894, 293K)

these are way better then csgo in competitive scene anyway

I really don't understand why people on Yea Forums obsess over it so much. I practiced it for like 10 minutes before I got bored and I carried an entire group of retards to LEM. Literally just pull down for the first ten shots.

>I practiced it for like 10 minutes before I got bored and I carried an entire group of retards to LEM. Literally just pull down for the first ten shots.
That's exactly how I feel about it, I do the same in PUBG as well. It's good enough for me since I won't be playing against pros.

i mean i know that you should kill on your first shot/burst in CS and it's 90% those first shots and positioning

but the guns feel like utter ass because of this

if CS' invisible recoil management is good design explain why not one -single- other game goes for it

not tactical shooters
not arcadey casual shooters
not even shooters clearly riffing off of CS
none of them

you could have a tiny dot that moves while the green crosshair stays where it is in the center of the screen
as an optional choice

Lemme shit in your dinner plate because you have 0 experience in food supply chain or hospitality

>Le poop food analogy
I don't tell the chef how to make the filet mignon, I specify my preference, you retarded twit.
Telling a chef you want a medium rare steak doesn't mean you know what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to actually cooking one.
Kill yourself drone

>(((medium))) rare

lol pussy

Attached: 0947f4527eb06ef5809d5a1dfa228488ccc13a43efed4d32a51159e71c09ac49.jpg (625x625, 36K)

It was already beaten when it came out

Attached: FVMEL4ZFFFIVKET.LARGE.jpg (450x450, 29K)

Enjoy that tough meat fucking up your teeth when you're not 15 anymore you spoiled retard

Attached: Boom boom.jpg (878x862, 113K)

>if CS' invisible recoil management is good design explain why not one -single- other game goes for it
Because they're more casual, ironsights were literally created for consoles so that you have a "look around" sensitivity and a lower "aiming" sensitivity. This is not really necesary on pc unless you have to fire a sniper. Also fortnite already beat cs, during a time apex legends beat cs. CS just wont die because its a lot of peoples childhoods, its got very low end pc requirements and its easy to mod or add custom maps. Plus its comepletely free to play now.
Just get over it.

Attached: 1549233478569.jpg (209x209, 27K)

>if CS' invisible recoil management is good design explain why not one -single- other game goes for it
I dunno, why do all those other games use ironsights and often just have uncontrollable bloom to simulate recoil?

ahh yes now THAT was a game... *sips*

low trust mge is harder than global

1.6 is fucking shit. I hate fucking faggots who pretend that it's good.
1.3 > 1.5 >>> 1.6 > 1.4

lol

true. everyone at global knows how to play for the most part

shotguns are literally used in comp games you retard every gun besides the Bizon is viable.

Siege could if it had the same level of polish and modding support CSGO does.

>recoil bad
it is bad

Attached: recoil.png (1920x1440, 163K)

>"vision goes up with recoil" is one of the most disgusting tropes in shooter games
Lmao fuck off, it's the perfect recoil model, it gives you perfect information as to what's actually happening with your bullets

why would you look at your gun anyways without ironsights, the gun even violently shakes as you shoot it. Just because its not a 1:1 representation of where its being aimed doesn't mean that its super necessary
MILLIONS of people dont have a problem with this while playing the game, you might just be retarded m8

>MILLIONS of people dont have a problem with this
No, millions of people put up with it because that's how the game is

because it's a game mechanic you retard do you complain about combos in fight games?

Yes and it could be a different, more satisfying mechanic without actually changing anything fundamental about the game

Dusk
Amid Evil
Insurgency: Sandstorm
Ion Fury (formerly Maiden)

They are about as comparable to each other as apples to oranges. I guess both are fruits. People liking one thing will probably not like the other as much, so what's the point of the comparison when it's a matter of preference and not whether CS was beaten in anything. Cause it sure as fuck wasn't beaten in popularity or sales

>Yes and it could be a different, more satisfying mechanic
Satisfying for you. You just want it to control like every other shooter and fuck all the people playing the game who like it as is.

DoD did this and having to readjust my mouse every spray wasnt fun tbqh

Nobody likes the csgo gunplay
Everyone who claims they do is either lying to win an argument on Yea Forums or has played no shooter that wasn't a cs game
this is irrefutable

>CS GO thread with 100+ replies
>THAT webm still not posted
Was that really just one guy all along?

>cs:go thread
>that one autistc faggot does not spam is webms

yes it was one guy.

Attached: 1549600811188.jpg (370x595, 172K)

Never underestimate autism.

dont forget the seething quakefag