ITT: warn other anons about games with easily missable items/quests/etc that have no indicators

ITT: warn other anons about games with easily missable items/quests/etc that have no indicators

>in Tomba don't break the fucking barrel

Attached: 1563442938226.png (320x224, 59K)

I would prefer if you stayed quiet about these warnings.

Dragon's Dogma is full of them and they're mostly arbitrary, a guide is almost mandatory if you don't want to miss anything, some of the stuff is pretty much impossible to figure out on your own

silent hill endings requirements are weird. I just played 2 and didn't got the In Water ending either because I healed up too much or because I didn't stay enough with Maria. very good game but that's dumb

Don't trade away the Polar Star to Curly in Cave Story.

Any advice of this kind for FFIX?

in FE6 if you miss a single X chapter, most of which are locked out of turn requirements, then you're unable to get the true ending

I had the opposite experience, I was gunning for the Leave ending but got In Water instead because I kept looking at the fading picture of Maria and I didn't heal much or something

there is a different ending in Bloodstained: ROTN if you get the special weapon to unlock the true ending but you still kill the (((villain)))

what happends?

And don't take the jetpack when you're first offered it.

Cave Story has too fucking many of these if you want to get the true ending while saving Curly. The jetpack, finding Curly, the rope, that one book, the Polar Star...

Get to the final dungeon in less than 12 hours you miss the best sword for Steiner if you don't get there

I've read that basically any ending aside from the joke ones is "canon", it's up to the player to decide. that's neat. anyone ITT would recommend SH3? I've only now played 2 because I'm a huge pussy and thought it would give me nightmares or some shit, but it wasn't that bad. is 3 scarier?

Attached: 2011-08-22-beartato-swords.png (800x1035, 100K)

Don't sell anything in Portrait of Ruin or you'll probably accidentally fuck yourself out of the sidequest chain

In Xenoblade X, you will eventually get a quest that gives you a choice between destroying a certain race's mother or not. If you choose not to spare her, your character will get an alien waifu/husbando (their race has a female form by default but the gender of the human form they take on will always be the opposite of the player's when they first appear in New L.A, so if you want to be lesbian/gay, make sure you do that quest to unlock the machine that lets you re-customize your avatar).

in super mario land for gameboy there's a new game plus that adds more enemies. here's some comparison gameplay between normal and hard mode enemies on level 1-1

>someday i will go back and 100% XBX
>will never actually go back
i dont even know if i'd go back with a switch remake. the game was so fucking long

Attached: SML new game plus1.webm (658x616, 2.88M)

In Deus EX: HR, when you get to Sarif Industries for the first time, the state and objectives of the next area you go to will ultimately change depending on how long it takes you to get around to it, so it's probably not a good idea to spend a lot of time exploring.

Funny you say that, I only was reading recently that 'In Water' was the canon end, which felt really depressing as I always thought 'Leave' was.

It's needed for a late game quest and doesn't respawn if you break it

You are forced to take the jetpack if you fail that pixel-perfect jump. You need to restart the game to "refuse" it.
It's an interesting situation: taking the jetpack means that the dying professor will sacrifice himself to save you, but not taking it means that the professor will motivate himself to survive, get out of that hole, upgrade the jetpack, and then give it to you (no sacrifice involved).

If you are playing Final Fantasy XII, never open the generic-looking barrels found every fucking where in the game until you find a beach area full of them. Save the game, open one barrel, and hope to find a stupid strong spear inside of it. If you don't, reset the game and try again with a different barrel.
Alternatively, don't waste your time with this shit. The game is piss-easy and a few other ultimate items are hidden behind bizarre amounts of pure RNG bullshit so it's not like you will be doing all the bullshit explained above for equipment completion. The spear is the only one with 100% chance if you follow these steps, otherwise it will become another "5% chance to find a chest with 1% chance to get an item with 0.1% chance of being the thing you want" bullshit.

Attached: 93485603495.jpg (1027x1075, 95K)

They're known for it, but the NPCs in Soulsborne games have batshit retarded quest lines which often require you to visit areas you'd have absolutely no reason to go back to otherwise.

Vesperia
Fucking everything and half the trophy list is secret missions where you rarely have a clue of what you are supposed to do to trigger them.

In Final Fantasy IX when you first arrive at Gargant Roo, equip Marcus with the blood sword, kill garnet & steiner, and grind to give Eiko a massive boost in stats.

Legend of Mana
Just started Forging? Don't use the Eyes unless you know what the fuck you're doing.

Don't forget scanning every boss and non respawning enemy with a Lens.
Sometimes even twice in the same fight.

>anyone ITT would recommend SH3?
Absolutely. It was the last "legit SH".
>is 3 scarier?
Nope. You already played one of the greatest vidya masterpieces, but 3 is still damn good.

Fuck you and your stupid godammned clone, Belius.

In deus ex don't miss the huge secret in the walk in freezer in china.

based and quietpilled

Attached: 1561537287230.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

kh3 has the missable item forest clasp you have to do 4 tasks to get it which are:
>Using Aero magic on dandelions
>Splash water until you trigger a cutscene
>Find the treasure with the bunnies
>Lead the birds to Rapunzel

Attached: forestclasp.jpg (519x512, 40K)

Better get this shit before certain event in the story or else you're fucked for the rest of the game

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Damn, I always play female, but knowing this now, I guess I can endure it. Thanks.

arc the lad 2 you need to re do fights until you get 2 of every item in an area and capture every unique monster.
even on the island early game that you cant go back to.
also some items can only be crafted using items from the arena spinoff which you need to trade items between.

Technically, isn't the UFO ending canon since James appears in 3's UFO ending?

>Let's make a pretty cool item for the player, how should they get it?
>Make them rush the game like a autists. Don't savour the cake at all, just swallow it.

That's very fucking stupid.

Rapunzel world was so cozy. I actually did get clasp without looking it up, because I thought it's cool how you can interact with environment again, like in kh1.

>tomba
>alundra
Absolutely patrician taste ITT

The one free masterball in Ruby and Sapphire in missable in an area you can't return to after you complete it

Attached: Game Boy Advance - Pokemon Ruby Sapphire - Team Magma Aqua Base.png (1097x1055, 98K)

Are there any other perma-missables in Tomba? I'm about to start playing it for the first time.

FPBP

That's only in the original PS2 version. Zodiac Age removed that shit.

While everyone knows about the mistranslation-induced false flag about attacking Guard Scorpion, FF7 decided to put some pretty damn good items in an area they tell you to avoid. Honestly, that's dumb game design.

Attached: FFVII-00468-Mount-Corel-Jump.png (740x516, 160K)

it's a reward for experienced players.

>pixel-perfect jump
Thank God there's that red line there telling you where you need to jump from, thanks to that I never miss that jump in a playthrough.

How is that version of the game? How much RNG bullshit or grind does it have to get ultimate stuff? One thing I like from FF7 is that getting ultimate weapons is not that much of a pain in the ass compared to FFX and dodge 100 lightning strikes lmao kid

>tfw did everything "wrong" on my first playthrough
>wasn't even gud enough to beat the doctor
>left the island on the dragon and never looked back

In Dragon Quest 6 there is a point where you are able to tell a character called Amos something important. Do not tell him. Keep him in the dark about it until you have the tools needed to resolve the situation.

fucking Loved Tomba

I sold the nun shoes. Fuck me.

In Tales of Phantasia, after you return from the forest your house has a sword stuck in the floor. Don't take it until you've escaped from the prison or you'll lose it forever.

In Terranigma, don't leave the underworld before finding two hidden areas and completing them after Tower 5 (the latter is important, I did find them but forgot about them again after finishing Tower 5).
>Vesperia
Look, I autistically talked to every NPC in every town after every story event.
But re-entering DUNGEONS at random times to not miss sidequests? Fuck you, game, I need to draw a line somewhere.
Let's not get started on the Brionac.

Attached: terranigma_underworld_map.png (1024x1024, 394K)

How fuck video game discussion on Yea Forums
This is so cool

In SMRPG, there's a hidden chest in the mushroom kingdom castle that you can only reach if you jump on toad as he walks past it.

In dragon ball z budokai 3, there are set patterns that the computer follows during dragon rushes. Which means that if you get hit by two of the three hits during it, you can almost always guess the third one correctly if you know the patterns.

Oh shit? That's actually pretty valuable since you can't die to a dragon rush unless the third hit connects.

When you blow up a server room, pay attention to what the screens on the wall say! Write it down!

Attached: 2831-system-shock-dos-front-cover.jpg (800x1114, 128K)

In Earthbound, don't fight the boss inStonehenge Base until you get the sword that's dropped rarely by a starman super, once you beat the boss the base fets empty and there is no way to get the sword

Just read a guide. I love this game but it's vague as fuck with more than half of its quests.

Attached: file.png (220x308, 176K)

Simply rushing the game on a first playthrough won't allow you to get it, you need to actually know how to speedrun the game in order to get it. Its meant to be an item to go after on repeat playthroughs.

I was lost as fuck, but this game is so comfy it was great just wandering around.

In dead rising, when you get to the gun shop there is a killer seven on the counter, don't pick it up or it will break, the guy that's there will give it to you

in dark cloud if you restore the gaffers buggy store before restoring paiges house he injures himself and sells fewer items.

Should've stared at the knife and Mary's picture user.

Nigger

In parasite eve, the key you need for central park is in a drawer

Nothing important is missable anymore, and the XBOX/Switch version of the game now has free Job Board respecs with Montblanc, 3 Gambit Sets per character, and allows NG+/- to have inventory carryovers. Plus, Trial Mode allows to have easy grind spots and the best gear drops as early as you feel confident to survive, as the quick save file allows you to start from the beginning of any floor you lost in (said file can also be used to return to the main game whenever, with all items gotten from Trial Mode up to whatever point you were in).

Well there are now invisible weapons in invisible chests that you have to RNG manipulate to spawn but the Zodiac Spear RNG is gone.

FUCK I hated this part. They do it in SS2 too

Everything else just required reading your logs or brute force, but you had to actually write it down. And then there’s the guy’s head you have to pick up to use on a scanner later