New to XIV

Starting playing tonight, what class?
I think melee in mmo is cringy no weight nonsense, so ranged ideally, I like playing healer if it's fun. I would be solo mostly, is there a dungeon finder?
Or am I wasting my time on a bad game?

Attached: FFXIV_media_tour2019_13_whitemage.png (1500x2000, 1.91M)

Just be yourself.

FFXIV is not a MMO.

What is it? The combat looks mmo.
Thanks user, you too x

if you want fast queues for dungeons go healer, ideally white mage since they're hot this patch. If you dont really care for queue times and just wanna hit stuff go archer for physical ranged dps, black mage or arcanist for magical dps

>I think melee in mmo is cringy no weight nonsense,
what the fuck does this even mean

Cringy just means "I don't like it" but I'm not sure about no weight.

The vast majority of the content is either single-player story or 4 or 8 player instances with matchmaking. There are very few actual MMO features, excluding chatting with people in cities, since open world is almost completely irrelevant. XIV plays closer to a non-MMO game with coop gameplay options than a MMO.

It's just people crying about modern MMOs not being MMOs, ignore them.
White mage is the classic healer, so if you want to play heals then start as conjurer. Alternatively you can start as arcanist, it also turns into a healer.

Make sure you keep up to date on the main story quest OP. They give a fuck ton of EXP and also are mandatory to unlock basically ALL of the game content.

>The vast majority of the content is either single-player story or 5 or 25 player instances with matchmaking. There are very few actual MMO features, excluding chatting with people in cities, since open world is almost completely irrelevant. WoW plays closer to a non-MMO game with coop gameplay options than a MMO.

Man, they really fucked up healers this expansion.
WHM is beating tanks and nearly at the level of a DPS with just a SINGLE button.
SCH is still top heals with shit tones of oGCDs
AST has thousands of buttons a minute to get a raid buff that is only slightly better than SCHs single click raid buff.

I have no idea what modern WoW is like, but WoW up to WotLK was far more of a MMO that FFXIV can ever hope to be, despite being themepark trash. FFXIV outright avoids having people socialize and, in the new expansion, even lets you do dungeons with full AI squads, so you only need to even use the duty finder to party with actual players in trials (5-10 minute fights like 3 times in the story).

WoW is the same shit nowadays. I'm not sure what was going on about though because it's not like you said WoW was good or even brought it up in any form

I didn't see an archer, is it guns?
Sorry, it was shit wording, I mean the whole swinging with no connecting, no weight or bounce back, I used to play wow, it looks like bad cosplay to me the way the melee combat is so floaty in some mmo

>FFXIV has 71 dungeons
>6 of them let you use Trusts (AI party members)
>"you only need to use the duty finder to party with actual players in Trials"
you're a fucking retard who obviously only skims through random, disjointed info about the game so you post shitty bait. go be a faggot somewhere else.

Did you miss the
>…and, in the new expansion…
part? Yes, you still have to do old dungeons with 3 people (who may or may not be dumber and less social than the NPC trusts), but the ShB ones can be done single-player.

starting class is archer, the job name is bard

Thank you I swear this is so obvious to anyone that actually played an mmo. People are on crazy pills. Not anywhere close to a real mmo experience.

except two of the Expert dungeons in the current expansion literally don't allow you to use them. you can only opt to use Trusts in the 6 new 71-80 leveling dungeons for free your first time through them. after that the game forces you to level them up before you can use them on anything other than the level 71 dungeon again.

so I'll say it again, you're a fucking retard and your bait is low quality.

Ok I'm thinking white mage, but is his gonna make story content hard? Can I ai companion story missions if needs?

Oh, my apologies~
I forgot that having to do short instanced 4-man dungeons with auto-matchmade players after you've already completed the main story and are doing endgame grind (tomestones/exp/glamour) is core MMO gameplay. I guess FFXIV truly was a massive multiplayer game all along, just like Warframe, Path of Exile, Guild Wars, Monster Hunter, etc.

great strawman you fucking faggot

have sex

Attached: a truly horrible night.jpg (400x300, 35K)

Nope, you'll need to use duty finder and be paired with randoms for every single forced story dungeon and trial until Shadowbringers and even then in Shadowbringers you'll need to party with randoms for trials.

I'd strongly recommend you don't play a healer or tank if you don't actually want to play with people.

I do want to play as group, as long as duty finderr works I'm cool with that