He was right

He was right.

Attached: 39bqgfvbw4j21.jpg (2150x2494, 335K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smash.gg/tournament/evo-2019-melee-side-event
youtu.be/wHrXkHjZ_JQ
twitter.com/thesirtoasty/status/1112499005978800129?lang=en
youtu.be/NO5zR-YFpgM?t=72
twitter.com/Just_Defacto/status/1146162517158371328
twitter.com/hc0519/status/1100632434217934848
twitter.com/gsmVoiD/status/1151666757121134592
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is this english?

wear deodorant

Still better than any of NRS' games or Blazblue Cross Tag

No, Melee died because it was a fundamentally broken and dumb game and people were becoming aware of this when Jigglypuff became SS tier.

Why don't they play GoldenEye on the N64 at MLG then? Oh it's because it's an old fucking game. Just let Melee die already, there are so many newer games to play at tournaments now. Why do you old faggots never move the fuck on and insist on playing old ass dusty fucking games?

Jigglypuff was the chemotherapy for Melee cancer.

If he was right why'd he delete it?

Checkmate twitterfags

He based.

>A new installment in a long dormant franchise gets to take the stage
>French Bread finally gets some mainstream attention after being the niche poverty fighter devs for so long
>"REEEEEE MUH MELEE MUH WAVEDASHING FOX EVO IS RUINED REEEE WE DON'T NEED EVO EVO NEEDS UUUUUSSSSSS"
Bunch of unevolving faggots.

Attached: 1563325391273.png (276x358, 145K)

>Premiere fighting game tournament functions as a showcase for current and newly released games
>20 year old game is allowed to compete for years for some reason
>finally decide to remove it to make room for more current games like the rest of the lineup
>autists don't understand why and get mad

Frankly you guys were getting a free ride for way too long. Go make your own tournaments.

UNIST is a good game

SamSho looks like a good game too, but I think it's stupid that they gave a main stage slot to a game that wasn't even released at the time and that will only have been out for what, a month? by the time EVO takes place.

>Tfw people defend Under Night despite being the same fucking thing as Cross Tag
>A game everyone hates
Lmao why

Attached: 1563053200443.jpg (1240x1280, 458K)

>melee died

stopped reading there. it was booted out of evo in 2007 as well. we'll see how long literally every game in that evo lineup will last

You know who else was right? Hitler.

are melee players the worst fanbase?

Bathe

have soap

Melee should've died a long tine ago.

>smash.gg/tournament/evo-2019-melee-side-event
>45 players
Amazing how a community can really ban together to protest this decision. Stunning & brave.

Attached: C61F02EF-6E7F-4AC3-AC87-97E037773925.png (240x240, 81K)

Bathe yourself.

Why would you go to evo just to play a melee side event? Why would that mean anything?

are you fucking retarded?

>WHY IS MY OLD GAME NOT GETTING ATTENTION?
Jesus fucking christ, Meleefags are so fucking cancerous, just go make your own tourneys in someone's basement already.

Meleefags can get their comp spot back when they start showering regularly. Oh what's that? Such a shame...

Attached: 1534886929648.jpg (950x534, 79K)

Why yes, i play Melee, how could you tell?

Attached: smashtournament1.png (640x480, 466K)

samsho got more entrants than smelee did the last time it was at EVO.

What's fucking hilarious is that ArcSys fighters are the best technical fighters out there, have tiny communities, and typically show up at Evo once or twice per game - nobody gives a shit when they die off and a new ArcSys fighter takes its place. While Melee is a completely shit broken fucking game with giant ass community of heavy-breathing gollums that fling shit when their shitty broken game is absent for one year. Melee fags need to bathe, shave, get jobs, and be productive fucking members of society again.

Uh what's the difference between smash and melee?

>The cure for Melee cancer is found by giving it cancer

>lmao

Attached: 1534457602163.png (680x740, 265K)

It looks the same to me except they have team mechanics.

They both look like games with absolutely no depth.

Melee isn't dead though. That's just what fgcucks who know nothing about the melee scene, yet hate it anyway, say.

>LOL FUCK NEW GAMES
>LMAO KEEP OLD GAMES
>"tylor"

Attached: 1501188451409.jpg (261x250, 12K)

>ArcSys fighters are the best technical fighters out there
lmao

don't know but their similarity is that neither is a fighting game

No they're just the flavor of the month games right now fuck off.
And fuck melee.

Found the GG fag

noooo not my 2 decade old game that literally only functions because of unintentionally exploitable code

youtu.be/wHrXkHjZ_JQ

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Smash Ultimate is better than Melee. Move on.

Why are nintendies so fucking blinded by their own allegiance to a billion dollar corporation that they think other people have to give a shit about how they feel?

Attached: 909708647192.jpg (1080x1464, 246K)

They make fgg seethe so their based by default

retarded smash-playing morons only know about smash lol
also they are obnoxious

Who cares, Ultimate is more fun to watch and is not a solved game and I almost thought under night would never get a spot in EVO so I'm glad about that.
Do you really wanna see spacies, marth, luigi, peach, captain falcon, sheik and god forbid another jigglypuff ditto for the billionth time again?

Optimal Evo Sunday schedule is BBCTB>SFV>T7>Smash

Prove me wrong.

But melee also didn't get recognized for years when it should have been. They barely got their time in the sun at all.

> Generic Samurai fighting game

Is he talking about Samsho? Is he pretending to be retarded or does he not actually understand the amount of depth that game has?

For context, Melee is absolutely a fighting game, people who say it isn't are just people who don't actually play fighting games and want to fit in, or pros looking to press a hot button for exposure.

>generic samurai fighting game
We don't get samurai fighting games enough to call them "generic". Smash is more fucking generic.

jesus fucking christ. how can people posess this little self awareness?

>implying you'll ever see Luigi again

Melee has certain glitches and quirks that allow you to do certain stuff the developer didn't intend. Wavedashing for example is a glitch exploit that only works on some characters, hence why they're on top of the meta ladder. Nobody likes Brawl, Smash 4 and Ultimate are probably the closest in terms of gameplay but Ultimate's a bit better in places.

Why do Melee players refuse to bathe? Is it autism?

as long as SFV isnt last I dont care.
fuck being the final game at a west coast event.

anyone got the clip of hungrybox's heart ripping in half after melee got btfo

Attached: 2qkkx5.jpg (950x534, 86K)

Fuck off and eat shit

>melee "scene"
twitter.com/thesirtoasty/status/1112499005978800129?lang=en

That's a dude that literally just takes meme perspectives and plays a character who has them to the max. Met him in real life, he's not even actually gay.

Hungrybox is melodramatic on purpose because he is a sociopath.

I bet you smell like shit.

Bruh you better be fucking baiting or are just plain dumb. Melee was at Evo for six years straight. That's so much longer than most games ever get.

Samurai Showdown is far more entertaining than watching the same seven or so autismos play Melee in the finals as nobody else is able to reach them, going as far as to call them "Gods".
It's a breath of fresh air from all these combo focused games to have something new for once, I like the more footsie mind reading centric game that Samurai Showdown is.

Attached: 93363B38-5EAD-4559-8879-E3A582A7E47A.jpg (640x421, 59K)

i'm gonna have to know which game(s) you like to tell you exactly why you're retarded

Who?

Considering the opposition is tekkuck and Samsho, they might as well be

Just wait until those numbers rise

and then they did, and now it's over.

melee is absolute shit, has been absolute shit for years.
Undernight and Samsho are both top tier games. Begone meleefags, smash ultimate surpasses that shit by miles. Let go of the past and grow up.

>melee
More like ME LEEEEEEE

>functions as a showcase for current and newly released games

where did Evo go so wrong

Durrr melee players smell durrr dumbass fucking meme

Melee has major tournaments with the ruleset players actually want to use like every other month.
Who cares? I wish EVO didn't have any Smash games.

reminder that meleefags aren't actually humans and should not be treated like such

Attached: 1557344088291.jpg (905x494, 82K)

Go play Tekken 5, Super Turbo, Samurai Shodown 2 and Blazblue Calamity Trigger then

Found the fag that couldnt git gud at GG. UNIST is a whole nother beast much like GG. UNIST has more in common with cross tag. Both UNIST and GG have so much depth, just not in the same hole.

Fuck man, Melee is a mistake

Shit party game got kicked out for actual good games, seems good to me. Now if they just drop the other smash and some new fgs come out that aren't western weak dogshit we'll be back to standard good times evo lineups

no smash title is a fighting game

Put your shoes back on for fucks sake.

>meleefags in charge of organizing their own tourny

How did a game like this get so popular? There's old games with one sided matchups yeah but never "you literally can't do anything at this point, just go ahead and give up"-tier. Yet THIS is the game that gets a huge modern following? It belongs in the shit pile with old games that have one button infinites, not being at Evo for six years.

Fuck Samsho

>cleanliness is a meme now
the absolute state of melee players

You can say wavedashing as slow as youd like. The FGC is very aware.

Have a shower

>>Premiere fighting game tournament functions as a showcase for current and newly released games
i dislike this
make is all ike 80% old capcom games again

Jesus christ, this is so degenerate.

your mom is right in telling you to take a shower you retard

Absolutely based

smelee

I'm just happy there won't be more roach infested CRTs at EVO

Smash is a community of people who play a game that declines in quality as the iterations go on, but still maintain their charm as party games. The community is known to be pretty crummy, and they have a notorious smell compared to the rest of the FGC, but generally try to maintain a neutral stance with the FGC.
The Melee community is a community solely dedicated to playing Smash Bros. Melee, the 2001 iteration of the Smash Bros. series, which is widely considered to have the most technical gameplay & is one of the hardest fighters to master properly. They are every bit as horrible as the main Smash community, but amplified about ten times as bad, and they have the added bonus of having their heads completely up their own asses, have a history of booing games during their grand finals to make way for Melee grand finals, and on several occasions, have stolen numerous tournament setup equipment, including controllers, consoles, and whole TVs; they are very rude people with horrible narcissism issues, and both the FGC & general Smash community despise them.
Knowing the difference can save your life.

Fuck off,all the GG players I know like UNIST too
Nice false flag

Every character can wavedash what the fuck are you talking about?

>this thread

Attached: 16471996-man-holding-his-nose-against-a-bad-smell.jpg (1300x866, 99K)

SirToasty is like the most sheltered incel on the planet
>unironically thinking the gentleman salute was a gang sign
Actually a faggot

Melee is the pinnacle people will hold their own tournaments if that's what it takes

T.Pixelbuster

Who the fuck is pixelbuster, pixelbuster?

>forgotten dead e celebs
Cringe

nice copypasta, nobody is this autistic

>Melee apologists have to hate optimal play
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHA

>tfw SamSho’s humble footsies are more entertaining than Melee ever was

Gonna be a good Evo boys

>literally the very faggot OP linked in the thread
Cringe reading comprehension

Fucking hell what a fag

Attached: 1527499111857.jpg (558x564, 47K)

he's not even actually a nigger

standoffs like that only make sense when players are equal
if one player has a life lead the losing player gains nothing by standing still, anything is better than that
melee players are retarded

I feel like bashing the other fighting game fans who move from game to game wasn't super cool. His argument should stand without that.

I don't get it. Did the Ice Climbers guy just give up?

Why are melee autists so unhygenic? I know the rest of fighting game autists aren't like this because the biggest samsho fan I know is a girl obsessed with nakoruru and haohmaru

My own brother, at his most unhygenic, would play melee. He's since cleaned up and moved on to other fighting games.

Smash Ultimate is only at Evo because it's very popular and will make a lot of money. I'm shocked melee stayed as long as it did considering how old it is and there's no marketing to be done.

>We DESERVE to be at EVO with our 18 year old party game
Fuck Smashfags

take a shower

Attached: 1551283368699.jpg (708x656, 95K)

Woah bro, I agree that he has not been the best dude in the past, but hungrybox is sick. He made a joke of a character into an absolute juggernaut. Plus his backstory is sick.

If they think they're scene is so amazing maybe they should have their own tournaments. But then they'd realise that the majority doesn't really care about this old ass game

Because the n64 controller is a fucking garbage way to play an fps. However a 60fps kb+n tourney would actually be interesting. Staying with one game is what makes the "esport" semi-respectable. It is standardized.

KEK

none of them are real competitive fighting games, but melee is a broken old version that autists refuse to move on from because they need their insta-win characters.

imagine the smell

Seeing how fucking terrible Melee matches are now, since its is officially a solved game with a win all option, I cant imagine why they would even humor the idea of it coming back over Ultimate, especially since Ultimate is still getting support and has hype around the characters.
The people mad about Melee being gone are most likely the same people who said "WHO THE FUCK EVEN KNOWS WHAT DQ IS?"

>generic samurai fighting game
Name 5 samurai fighting games because i only know samurai showdown.

Because melee and smash 64 are completely different from every other game in the series.

i take a Canary with me when i go to locals.

sadly, i've lost 6 so far, im thinking its too dangerous to keep going.

Call me crazy, but maybe games with dedicated competitors should take precedence over the hot new game with no competitve playerbase in an official tournament setting. You dont get to decide what people want to play.

Melee was a phenomenon that couldn't really be ignored in 2013-2016. but it started to die when Smash 4 started to die, and Ultimate only helped it resurge a little bit.

What is the "win all option" for the game?

Play puff.

Brawl > Ultimate > Smash 4 > 64 > Melee

CS:S > 1.6 > CS:GO

Fun will ALWAYS triumph over competitive viability, because anyone can have fun, but only a select few autists will actually bother to spend time gitting gud at a game.

Fucking imbecile.

No, but the people setting up the event get to decide what is played there

Bushido Blade
Samurai Spirits?

Bushido Blade

Samurai Shodown looks like an incredible game and people are dead tired of Melee
Why the fuck are meleefags so obnoxious, wanting to beat their dead horse even further?
It was always the same 8 people on top, no new blood because nobody can compete with nearly 20 years of muscle memory and the game won't be updated further, it has its glaring flaws engraved into it, never to be changed.
Ultimate is already on EVO, be fucking happy you unhygienic retarded lard tubs.

Attached: 1352378252238.jpg (500x628, 85K)

Melee is a shitshow at this point:
There's nothing new to experience.
Only 4-5 characters are playable at competitive level.
No new players can compete at any point with veterans due to an insane skill gap.

Then why is there only one puff winning, and not even winning all the time at that?

18-22 years old and grew up with the 'most fun' ones. absolutely transparent

Because people are throwing crabs at him.

How exactly is this allowed?

Why the fuck did SNK revive SamSho and not Last Blade? They are absolutely retarded. Samsho is fucking boring to play and watch.

>hbox loses major to falcon player, first win for a falcon ever
>pikachu just won first major ever
>literally no other puff player is good
Solved game huh?

have shower

Some guy named Albert beat the best player in the world and got 5th at a major tournament last week though. He's only been playing for about 3-4 years as opposed to Hungrybox who played for over 10

have a bath

Sengoku Basara X
Kabuki Klash

SamSho might be the worst fucking launch for a game ever. I had no idea it was even out.

meleefags were right and we shouldn't let shit games kill communities when there's perfectly good old games

Attached: 1563199902979.jpg (480x700, 59K)

stfu gaylord.
realistically, samsho has far more wide appeal and recognisable characters. If they're going to reboot old franchises, it makes the most sense to start with the most popular ones first. KOF, Metal Slug, Samsho.

>why
Actual autism

No he fucking wasn't

Melee had its time, get the fuck over it and play Ultimate or nothing you whiny faggots

>Brawl > Ultimate > Smash 4 > 64 > Melee
nobody would agree with this ranking.
the most fun casual Smash is always the latest one or the one you played as a kid, and the most fun competitive one is likely Melee, or maybe 64, Brawl, or Ultimate (hardly anyone prefers Smash 4 lel)

Samurai shodown 1
samurai shodown 2
samurai shodown 3
samurai shodown 4
The Last blade

Attached: c46c42df621251f576219ed89290a37b[1].jpg (1800x1203, 485K)

This

Fuck how did I forget the last blade
That games great

pic unrelated

Playing Melee competitively is like boiling water to cook hot dogs. It's like your mom asking what you want from the store and the first thing you say is mayonnaise.

What a great example.
I'm sure you have more than just that one in the last couple of months.
Hell, I'll let you have the last couple of years.
I'm sure you understand the point i'm trying to make.

now take a shower

Imagine being so fat you can only compare things to food

It makes sense that they'd get so upset. Imagine perfecting something for 18 years and then just fading out. Why would they ever want to change when they haven't needed to for almost two decades.

It's always funny seeing smash player talking about anyone can make it and that the tiers are never totally solved, as if there isn't the same people on top 8 for years until it changes by 1 person

Would been correct if it used the better game

Attached: Akuma-SFA2-Icon.png (176x160, 24K)

FUCKING WHAT

Don't you have some hot dogs to be boiling?

cute painting, who made it?

Attached: literallywho.jpg (680x275, 12K)

>two faggot threads up about melee players
V fucking sucks

what did he mean by this

Samsho popularity will not last past this EVO. In fact I guarantee that there will be a ton of no shows at EVO. Samsho is slow as fuck and boring to watch. I can't wait for grand finals where the everyone just runs up -> grabs into issen.

Only memers that watch and don't play think that

ZOOMER GOING ZOOMIES. I bet you eat tide pods while playing smash 4.5. Stupid dumbasses

I've played them both and in pure gameplay terms samurai shodown is just a lot more appealing. Last blade is fun and has better grafix tho.

I don't see anybody being "converted" to playing last blade competitively while it happens all the time when you show people 5sp, it just has a way more unique feel and the laundry list of mechanics and interesting frame data is more alluring for fighting game veterans.

Attached: real shit.png (460x416, 601K)

>generic
Is this what lack of body spray does to your mind?

quick rundown on this for a non smash player?

STINKY

Wizzrobe just won a major with Captain Falcon for the first time since 2005, and Axe just won a major with Pikachu for the first time ever lol

Future is now old man. Go eat spoiled cheese if you like mold that much

Attached: 900.jpg (900x900, 39K)

Imagine wanting to see Sentinel/Magneto/Storm/Dr Doom/Virgil and Dante for the 10000000000th time, let Marvel rest a bit, since they didn't want to continue Infinite

Attached: 1559876649862.gif (266x207, 260K)

ah yes i agree wholeheartedly

SMELLY

Smash does not belong in the FGC
Not now, not ever

what does brawl have up on ultimate?

IBDW came out of nowhere and he's a top player now
He started playing in 2015 on netplay
Moky's an old retired player who came back better than ever is now also a top player
These have both been in the past few months, why do people talk about games they don't follow as if they're an authority on them?

I don't think it matters. 3 of the major 5, "gods," aren't playing the game anymore so naturally new blood will be moving in. Zain winning Shine was a big deal considering he was a nobody before a couple of years ago. Plup beating #2 and #1 in the world to win Genesis in 2018 was a big deal. Axe, a Pikachu player, going up against Hungrybox multiple times and eventually winning Smash Summit, was a big deal. Wizzrobe winning as Captain Falcon, a character who has never won before, this year is another big deal. The number of years a player is playing doesn't matter as much as how the meta is being pushed for the less used characters. There are numerous new bloods who are making top 100 at tournaments but the people who have been putting in the work for the longest are obviously going to win.

SMASHERS

>Melty Blood tournaments have been going on for 20 years and have been set up literally anywhere

SOUL.

PURE SOUL AND PASSION.

Attached: ChVT4hVU0AAY5LB[1].jpg (1200x675, 172K)

Attached: 457169A2-179B-4FB8-9A6B-EC038B8C7E98.jpg (882x624, 72K)

Attached: 253376D6-213F-47F3-B30C-5EFF6E039610.jpg (254x201, 12K)

>MUH GLITCHFEST FROM 18 YEARS AGO
>DUDE ME WANT TO WATCH FOX VS. PEACH FOR THE TEN MILLIONTH TIME OKAY THIS IS FREAKING HYPE! WOAH HE JUST DID A WAVEDASH INTO A LEDGE HOP DOUBLE CANCEL BLURBLEGLURK!

Where does this fucking arrogance come from? I'm convinced it has something to do with living in a bubble for so long.

Good riddance, smellee.

>smashy googles tier lier for Marvel and mashes them together
Can you do everyone a favor and google "basic hygiene tips" next, stinky?

You don't get it. I'm saying that Jigglypuff is responsible for killing the tumour that is competitive Melee.

Melty blood is fucking dope

Exceptions to the rule don't count mate.

>melee player smell
Nope, all Smash players smell
Ultimeme players smell too

Third strike is a amazing game. It's never at evo anymore. Maybe make your own Tournament.

Who are you quoting?

Tripping causes competitive players to spontaneously combust

Take a shower stinky.

very original joke xDDD
i love sucking down corporate bullshit games because they're """new"""

Isn't anybody here going to mention that Melee at EVO didn't "die"? It's just not on the main stage. There are side events.

cope

>Calls me a zoomer
>When the faggots that make up Meleefags didn't even know what Samurai Shodown was

Attached: 20181027_213453.png (900x948, 497K)

melee relies on quirks in the engine and broken controllers to reach optimal moves.
smash is a game that is compatible with most TVs at events

>T.STINKY

That's just Armada, he's always been a smug prick that uses the language barrier as an excuse to talk shit

nice projection Marvelfag, I hate Smash more than Marvel, go jerk off to ChrisG spamming Soul Fist for 2 minutes each round

>Why the fuck are meleefags so obnoxious, wanting to beat their dead horse even further?
because they're nintendofags, so they think the whole gaming world should revolve around bing bing wahoo at all times.

Bathe

Honestly if the game speed was samsho 5sp then I would would be enjoying a lot more but as it is right now it is boring.

Deodorant costs like $3 at Walmart, dude

Let me put it this way: in an actual sport, the rules and systems have been standardized. A yard is a yard on every field, you get 3 strikes no matter the diamond, three point shots occur at the same exact distance etc. Compare to fighting "esports" in which not only do the conditions and rules constantly change, but so to do your tools and efficacy with particular characters. Fortnite is the most pipular esport in the world right now because though the winning conditions of their tournaments have evolved over time, their internal systems have stayed EXACTLY the same. My point being, switching games every year or two acrually makes "the fighting community" look less legitimate, as though they can not reach a proper system to have a consistently evolving competitive scene within. That is why it stays niche.

>like to wank about being a "grassroots" community
>blindly shit on UNIEL, an actual small community that worked its way up
>shit on SamSho, a beloved but niche classic
Fuck Meleefags

>pretend to care about new Samsho just to spite the Meleefags
>everyone knows nobody will care about it a few months from now
kek

>Not quoting me
I accept your concession

>Why they just don't put my 20 years old games????
Because no one plays them

Attached: 98101908.jpg (768x1024, 119K)

Friendly reminder that the "stinky day" meme does not even come from Melee tournaments, it originates from a Smash 4 venue and Smash4/Ultimate players shirked the meme off on Melee players in an attempt to get people to hate the game/community. Any time you post stinky/smelly/shower etc. etc. memes in response to Melee and not Ultimate/4, you are actually partaking in propaganda. It's literally all manufactured. Melee/PM players are actually incredibly chill, laidback people and not your typical Nintendo cum guzzler that shows up to your average 4/Ult tournament.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

>they're nintendofags
Funny you mention that. There are people in the Melee diehard community, including here, that are so far up their own asses, they use "Nincel" and such variants to insult people who prefer the other Smash games.

Attached: 0144e952ab6bcac73416307c24ed1950.jpg (640x640, 57K)

>get mad at melee being taken down from evo
>"but melee doesn't need evo"
I'll never understand these fucking retards.

ZOOM ZOOM

Attached: zoom_zoom.jpg (461x394, 67K)

>when you don't have an argument and just resort to faggy memes

Nothing but fags in here

old Samsho games are classics
new Samcho is ok but just another average modern SNK game
also FGC always shits on UNIST and other anime fighters

>Friendly reminder that the "stinky day" meme does not even come from Melee tournaments, it originates from a Smash 4 venue
Same shit. Cope.

it's an e-sport you dunce. Lmao that you're comparing playing a nintendo game to learning ball control or using a bat.

BBtag had so much potential. I actually liked playing it. The only thing that ruined it for me was the shitty crosstag mechanic. It got way too out of control.

I have played melee for 4 years and love it, but have always been curious about traditional fighting games. What are good ones that are easy for a noob to get in to. The only ones I have played are Third Strike and Skullgirls.

People care about Samsho?
What

>argument
dumb stinker

I have a friend who likes melee, and he's fucking great. But when we play melee, or even smash in general, he's super unfun and plays hardcore as fuck while me and the rest of my friends prefer to play it as a party game. And since he's been sitting on his smash laurels since forever, he refuses to play any other fighting game where the rest of us would actually compete against him
tldr: guy is chill but becomes super autismo and unfun when smash is involved

>There are numerous new bloods who are making top 100 at tournaments but the people who have been putting in the work for the longest are obviously going to win.

Call me fucking crazy, but this is exactly how a competitive game should be. Some chucklefuck with 2 years of football xp could never step to Tom Brady, and the same should apply in any respectable esport.

You smell like shit.

It has the highest entrants any SNK game has ever had at EVO and has more entrants than mortal kombat.

All Smashfags are stinky. There’s no distinction. You can call a Chihuahua and a Pitbull different animals, but at the end of the day they are both dogs.

Fuck now I hate the fat armada. What a giant hipster faggot. Ultimate is so much better in many ways but he uses the argument of sheep to prove he's real and 5 steps ahead of anyone. Melee deserves to die 1000 times more.

>the smelly fear the samurai

Attached: D-ReCmQWkAAtVzh.jpg (1200x1200, 207K)

lmao

Attached: the eternal nintendo.jpg (808x805, 45K)

>Premiere fighting game tournament functions as a showcase for current and newly released games

Fuck off

>memes
Poor hygiene is no laughing matter.

>it's THOSE group of nerds that stink, not ours!
lel

Attached: 1562708705257.png (867x722, 664K)

Except in real sports you deal with real physics, real people and as such, anything can be turned on its head because the players are themselves, there is no meta pick for fucking football or something.
In eSports the games constantly change because video games are more limited and thus rotating games in and out is a natural way to keep things fresh, in a game like Melee though you have no room for evolution and the one and only recent moment of note made the autists that usually top these tournaments screech in anger.
When a sports team's roster changes, that changes their dynamic, and unlike a bunch of polygons, humans aren't going to be able to live forever so that roster will inevitably have to change as players become too old to play, or suffer potential injuries. Melee will never change, it will never evolve, and if someone ever found a new way to exploit a glitch the faggots would cry that it isn't fair because they like feeling skilled and on top.

Attached: 1436206579436.png (598x369, 387K)

>Some things that don't usually happen, happened.
>A few new people are winning.
>These are the reasons the game shouldn't be dead.
Perhaps it's time to give up. Smash Ultimate is the most popular game at EVO 2019 for a reason.
lack of variety and newcomers is a severe detriment to any game and Melee has finally hit that point.
A few outliers and odd occurrences are not enough to revitalize a dying community.

>playerbase doesn't wash
>demand long ass sets
>demand that old ass hard to find tvs and systems are used
>worship their small number of "gods" and attempt to stack brackets to it's the same fucks every time
>vocal and bitchy about whenever anything doesn't go their way
>know their scene will shrivel up and collapse again without evobux
>literally shit their pants and don't bathe
>so asshurt by all of this they won't even get a side tourny going like fighting herds and skullgirls managed
adios faggots

Genuine question, why are you guys so addicted to wojaks?

Attached: 1562685252167.png (3500x2917, 3.72M)

Prove that you were into Melee before the documentary before calling anybody a zoomer.

your experience is not universal

The anime community and the smash community are very similar.
Both communities jerk their games off and brag about how their game is super difficult, requires literal autism and how it's the greatest thing in the world.
Both communities have equally degenerate and smelly members (smashers just go outside more since it's a normie game).
Both communities gatekeep their game and talk shit about other games in the FGC.
You can't even talk shit without some weeb/smasher getting mad (Xturds I'm talking to you).

When melee comes back to evo 2025 I really hope you guys have something funnier than stinky memes

Melee

hello 16er
evo was always about showcasing top PLAYERS in highly competed games, which is why ST was still in at evo 2k7 and battle fantasia and capcom fighting jam wasn’t. that stopped probably a year before melee fans got it in.

Yes I can't wait for all the DQs because nobody shows up for pools.

Obviously some new players aren't going to be destroying the top dogs who have played and dedicated their time more than them. That's how any video game works. Do you want a legitimate party game where it's easier for bad players to win?

>mfw i don't even give a shit about fighting game autism but i still like to shitpost in these threads and rile niggers up

Attached: 1558644339395.png (184x184, 21K)

Zoom Zoom, cocksucker.

Attached: Screenshot_20190717-220602_Firefox.jpg (1347x347, 90K)

That's just what fighting games need: to be as boring as real sports.

how many entrants will it have next year? :^)

You can just show threads like this if someone still doubt that this board isn't Nintendo central

Meleefags say they don't need EVO, but EVO is the reason melee didn't die. If I recall, they had a final melee tournament to mark the death of melee, but then EVO happened and revived it. Armada was even going to retire.

To add to that, Melee hasn't really seen much advancement in tech or meta for so fucking long. Tiers have stagnated to the point where only like 5 or 6 characters are even viable and because the game has been labbed to death and is impossible to support with balance updates, it's never going to change. Jigg's isn't even the major upset people are making it out to be as it's not like HBox discovered anything new with her. He just knew how to exploit the tools everyone already knew about to the most bullshit extent possible. Melee is a game that has hit the end of the road and cannot possibly evolve any further than this so matchups are going to look the same no matter who the player is.It's boring to watch now because we've already seen all there is to offer.

It brings attention to them. They rarely if ever get the necessary human interaction they need to stave off insanity so they shitpost and post Wojaks so people respond to how much of a dumbass they are. So they can feel the rush of actually speaking to another human being.

If you don't pay attention to them they will eventually go bat shit insane and become another Florida man news headline.

the melee side event has 40 entrants, take that as you will

>melee lost to a fighting game

no surprise there

MR.WIZARD, WE DEMAND 15 CRTS, ONE THOUSAND CONTROLLERS SO WE MAY FIND DEFECTIVE ONES, 15 MINUTE MATCHES AND PRIME TIME SLOTS.

WE MADE EVO. CATER TO US.

EVO was a big part of it, but it was mainly the documentary that led to the Melee resurgence I think.
now Melee players are ready to move on again, but Ultimate was only a mild improvement over Smash 4, so they're hoping the next game will be something more refreshing

This is not limited to Melee, but Smash in general.

Let's get one thing out of the way first: Smash may have numbers, but that's only the result of having so many popular characters from so many franchises in one game. The franchise sells almost exclusively by brand recognition, not because the game itself is engaging or deep. Not to mention nintendies give Apple fags a run for their money in terms of cult-like behavior - they will buy anything Big Daddy N will vomit in front of their feet.

Smashfags seem to be aware of this, but not mature enough to admit it. They see fighting games with their competitive credentials and grassroots community and get jelous. They want the same approval from the competitive crowd, and like true manchildren they will drop to the ground, flail around and shit themselves when they don't get it. So you get this weird flip-flopping around.
>Smash is a fighting game, too!
>I-it's not? W-well, Smash is actually BETTER than those old fossils!
>Y-yeah, we have the numbers! Smash doesn't need you! In your face, FGC!
>Guys, please take us seriously. ;_;

I remember playing SamSho as a child. I remember calling that one guy Blind Samurai. I remember everyone mashing button until I discovered the one trick that let me be on top of the flock. Blocking. Literally every one else don't know what blocking is or they fucking hate it. I don't remember Smash in my childhood.
Fucking Zoomer

SPONGEBOB CRTS!

Well, they certainly can't get much lower.

Disney Princess CRTs are superior to Spongebob CRTs.

Reminder that XiaoHai will win Sailor Moon again

Attached: file.png (1421x882, 856K)

this, I played mad marvel 1 in the arcades.

He’s unironically right. Pic related was taken this weekend during two separate major top 8s lmao

Attached: D7AA41DD-42E9-41EF-806D-F6EB7A801762.jpg (466x392, 229K)

Would you watch?

Attached: evo2020.jpg (1199x626, 259K)

This is why melee doesn't need evo though

JUST

Tetris is the best fighting game.

Prove me wrong.

Hell yeah

It gets even funnier when you look at how irrelevant other "platform fighters" are

Attached: 1451527214187.gif (246x200, 495K)

>2 great games and a pile of memes all being lumped together
Is this some sort of Stinky Day joke?

imagine thinking SFV is a better game than 3S because there's more character diversity
LOL

FUCK YE-
>Dork Souls
Nevermind

I remember playing mvc2 in the arcades as a kid (I was around 10) by myself and some faggot with a ponytail put in his tokens. He didn't even look at me. He picked MSS and destroyed me and I just walked away. He didn't even say good game. He just kept playing. What a fag.

>smashfags in charge of not being liars
Acquire deodorant.

Attached: day of the soap.jpg (918x313, 104K)

I was treated as a rock star in my arcade as a teenager because I knew how to kill bosses no one else could. Rugal in KOF, Onslaught in the first Marvel vs. Capcom, and so on. But that was just with the locals. I could barely play worth shit against actual humans.

Don’t kid yourself, you simply cannot beat the Shrek CRT

bro its universal knowledge that we have more smash players than any fightan. does not mean is good tho. you think those babys could play neutral? hell nah

this, if smash fags were in it for the gameplay insteand of "muh nintendo chars" theyd be playing rivals of aether or slap city

>Ken/Chun/Yun: the game
>Storm/Sentinel and Psylocke: the game
>fucking Dark Souls
>worst UFC
lmao

The Smashfag is resistant to lots of thing. Talk about how played and tired smash is? He pays it no mind. Mention how the game has too few characters? He ignores it all the same. But mention or post a picture of deodorant, and watch as he coils in fear and slinks back into his dark crypt of blight and a pestilence most fowl.

Attached: air fresh.jpg (866x1300, 47K)

It unironically is.

Not a single fgcuck reply kek

It's interesting that you would post that as right now Samurai Showdown is currently hosting more viewers than Melee on Twitch.
I don't think these numbers are accurate.

OH NO NO NO NO

It is, not just by that

Instead of bitching about mr wizard they should bitch to nintendo for not re-releasing melee on switch. I guarantee you that the only reason they chose to not include melee this year was because of logistics. Getting CRTs and gamecubes/wiis just for one game probably wasn't worth it to them anymore. If nintendo released melee on switch I bet it would be back the next year.

Attached: 0372.gif (360x238, 2.17M)

How many top Smash players even play other fighting games? All I can think is Leffen

Attached: 1469418424920.jpg (507x392, 108K)

What the fuck even is wrong with this board, man.

fighting game numbers outside of tournaments are irrelevant. They all get the new game boost which puts the big games like MK/SF over titans like league or fortnite for a while during their launch period

Meleefags would still just stick to their CRTs

No because they wouldn't play it, since it would """""lag""""" on HD TVs

That's literally the entire reason the FGC hates Smashies. They only care about Smash and don't participate in anything else. They actively go out out their way to shit on other games because they think Smash is More Important than everyone else. Stealing chairs, stealing time, booing other games. They're disgusting people with no social skills.

>some randos streaming now with a collective low thousand views is more important than a major top 8
acquire non-nigger iq

Memes and mindless grandstanding takes precedence over critical thinking and genuine understanding

welcome, enjoy your stay, but don't enjoy because fun is not allowed. thank you

>popularity is only relevant when it suits my agenda
Okey dokey.

Attached: 20190717_212439.jpg (904x494, 104K)

I like Smash Ultimate, but these little retarded smelly fucks need to grow up.

Insulting Samurai Showdown should be punished.

funny thing is that current Yea Forums thinks it's better than /vg/

Smash drama is so delicious

I honestly doubt meleefags would go to an HD version. The autism gotten too high that they'll only play Melee NTSC and that's it.

thank you for that, I was having a hard time why I hate smash players so much.

That's how Yea Forums is, and is why this board is so shit

>Rugal
Now we are talking. What is that super cheap character who do a special punch move with I-frame? I just remembered him as the hold three buttons and smash the stick down guy. His special move is extremely spammable. That and the ice girl

You must not have played much under night. And if you did it was probably less than an hour. It has similarities to bbtag, but is much better. It's like a mix between BB, GG, and melty blood. But you're a faggot so I wouldn't expect you to understand

It proves that Melee outside 2-3 days of the year is irrelevant.

I doubt they would be that stubborn considering they play on netplay with emulators. As long as it was proven to have no lag they would be fine with it.

You might find this interesting.

Attached: D_oCciSWsAASyqA.png (680x170, 103K)

Compare Ultimate, now double that for Melee in the previous years, they don't play or support anything else, that's why they're not part of the grand scheme

Attached: file.png (776x194, 75K)

it's relevant because you compare similar situations if you're being genuine. Ultimate's twitch viewership during its launch window kicked the shit out of every single fighting game ever released

"The Smashfag is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scrub, poor sport, needy, nostalgiafag. It all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him stinky and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: 'I've been found out.' "

hivemind

If DSII is in because it beat out Melee, then yes.

>UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st]
What is up with the Japanese and retarded "English" titles like this? Is butchering our language a form of revenge for WWII?

(you)

Attached: Under-Night-In-Birth-Exe-Late-cl-r-Taiwan_05-09-19.jpg (1280x640, 61K)

No, it was the asshole in the tuxedo who had an anti-air kick that took out 60% of your health in one shot. To this day, I'm convinced that there was no real way to legitimately beat him without cheesing his AI's vulnerability to dash-in throws.

>These sheep just move onto the new game without considering if it's fun

>Somehow the possibility of a new game being fun to a lot of other people isn't possible for this individual
>Also not considering that the last SamSho game came out literally over a decade ago, was heavily dependent on arcade scenes, and has no dedicated followings except in Japan.

What a moron.

>Generic Samurai Fighting game

I know this is bait by a (((literally who))) but I've been waiting to see high level neutral for fucking years

No matter what is said in these threads, your games will die while Melee will live on. That is the final and ultimate truth.

>if you're being genuine
It's safe to say that smashfag's image wasn't genuine when Samsho pulls roughly 3k viewers on a regular Wednesday evening.

They can't speak English and think it sounds cool

>"You FGC fags don't understand, we don't need Evo, Evo needs US"
>Evo effectively kills Melee
Loving
Every
Laugh

Attached: turbo laughter.png (327x316, 221K)

Is this a new meme?

Attached: 1508228592639.png (1278x720, 765K)

What happened. Why is JP high tier now? Fox is obsolete?

>meleefags unironically think they are Chess tier
>classic, eternal, and respected even by non players for the "skill" it takes to be pro

Attached: 1561449497098.jpg (511x510, 71K)

This.

Jjj

They get replies.

It's fitting, eh?

Attached: 76125918-56a709b43df78cf77291a0c9.jpg (450x300, 11K)

Didn’t they go so hilariously overtime one year at EVO that they forced GG out of their own hall when it was time for their top 8, and they had to watch GF on some guys phone

Puff has a stock lead. Puff can now camp and avoid Ice Climbers entirely with little to no risk. This is legal.

Funnier, Wobbling is banned in this tournament.

That's funny. Here's a pity (You).

>Third strike is a amazing game. It's never at evo anymore.
That's because nobody gave a shit about Third Strike. Everyone just wanted to play CvS2 except for some autists

This post alone proves you never watch SamSho, let alone play it. Take a soap and go to shower, smelly retard

>Didn’t they go so hilariously overtime one year at EVO
They did that every single, year, without exception, that's literally why it got removed to just one game, the newest one. And on top of that you got an autistic player that took 20 minutes per match at minimum and made everyone hate him for his playstyle

If meele needs evo to live or die, maybe it should die.

Can you imagine feeling the need to reply to every single person to prove you aren't a stinky sack of shit. Also stop wojackposting fag.

Attached: stinkywario.png (320x170, 115K)

It may not be a better game, but 3S has become stale to watch at this point because high level play is like 3 characters. SFV is at least entertaining because seasons really change up the meta and people are continuing to push characters to their limit. A new game that is constantly evolving will be more entertaining to watch than a 20 year old game that has been figured out and played to death.

>every day, there is another CRT less in the world
>every day, another N64 controller stops working
Melee is literally dying.

to be fair chess is overly respected, a lot of it is just memorizing opening plays so you dont get buttfucked within the first few turns. Go and Poker ar much more respected although poker has the gambling stigma attached to it

>and like a turd, the smell would not be forgotten

A real shame too considering that Smash actually has some fighting game characters in it
Was hoping that it would actually get more people to try traditional stuff

Attached: Ken_Palette_(SSBU).png (2048x256, 362K)

Why wouldn't this be legal? Are you required to constantly be keeping up pressure and putting yourself at risk?

It started really getting bad after they said anything less then Bo5 for Top 64 (!) was literally oppression and Mr. Wiz obliged them.

>Best PvP in a Dark Souls game
Do zoomers even play games, Or do they just listen to ecelebs opinions on them?

p4a and vsav deserve more entrants and viewers but afgc is so casual and adhd they only band behind new kusoge

Not if I snap all the discs in half and shove them up your faggot ass Smelee!

>Declining numbers every year at EVO

Whatever you say, Captain.

There’s basically no way for Ice Climbers to approach Puff without leaving themselves wide open in that position.

this

only melee can be played on GC controllers...
you can't emulate it, they wouldn't allow it.

No, melee died because the fan base doesn't shower so no one wants to host the tournaments.

You want to timer scam in the vast majority of other fighting games, yea boo, but it takes like a minute at most. That's why the timers are short, to force action

TIMER SCAMMING FOR 7 MINUTES!? You're seriously defending this?

Holy fuck. Someones mad.

Attached: 1563343666586.jpg (908x763, 408K)

HungryBox perfected a bair spamming strategy that reduces the match to a brainless runaway that discourages heated fighting in a fighting game.

Attached: 95dea1d60da5bc261e3ea6ae729c8d67(1).jpg (227x226, 23K)

Then why the fuck did they pick Ice Climbers? If Jigglypuff has that kind of advantage on a good portion of the competitive cast then you ban him, otherwise you fucking counter pick. Why are Melee fags so retarded?

The meta pick of a sport is the plays you can make. Playing "meta" is literally just playing as efficiently as possible, if your game is speed based it means fat people dont get hired. Thats all a meta is, and EVERY game has a meta.

Your point would stand if melee wasnt still putting out novel content, with off-meta characters and new players still suprising people at tournaments. And you are wrong in the sense while a character may remain the same, eventually the player will have to retire.

Melee's stale as fuck.

they decline isnt as bad as anime casuals literally dropping their games after japs embarrass them and turn evo top 8 into another jap weekly

melee overstayed its welcome by about 4 years anyway

they bowed to them for so long and they still fucking complain when it finally has to step down

Of the people I know who play Smash all of them refuse to play normal fighting games usually because they say the inputs and combos are too hard to understand then will turn around and grind out Smash tech that's probably far harder than learning to do qcf or a DP. They get this idea in their head that traditional fighting games are too hard and then refuse to branch out.

shut the fuck up nerd

>exceptions to the rule
>lists everything that's happened in the last 2 months
I don't even play any fighting games, but imagine having this large of a hate boner for melee.

I know I'm late, but what the fuck, dude.

Attached: 1513543499812.png (870x1174, 64K)

Lets be honest here, he's not wrong. Armada might be smug and their unwillingness to adapt to new smash games may be a fatal flaw, but the sheep statements are totally correct.

Take Street Fighter for example. USFIV had its flaws but it is by far a better game than SFV and a good portion of the FGC will agree with you on this. But like [unwilling] sheep they moved onto SFV even with its abhorrent launch, mostly because of esports.

Then look at MvC, where while MvCI was definitely not a horrid title, popular opinion of sheep led it to rot in a grave.

Melee's support was pretty much only done by community backing. When Brawl was released and was shit, they still kept to Melee. The features and tech present in Melee aren't present in recent Smash games which keeps them from moving on.

Why are smash players so ignorant and unaware?

Attached: CD5BC700-475C-42FF-81E5-37591E421A08.png (545x561, 55K)

Attached: db8.jpg (364x344, 18K)

Why are Smash matches so long then? If timers are short to force action in other games it would imply that they're using longer timers in Smash to allow for stalling/defensive play/whatever you want to call it.

take a guess

Attached: file.png (1365x778, 1.22M)

>USFIV had its flaws but it is by far a better game than SFV and a good portion of the FGC will agree with you on this.
only because of nostalgia and people who are mad their specific playstyle/character is worse. USF4 in particular is a retarded game that only gets so little hate because it was only around for about a year anyway before SF5 came in

nothing in SFV is as bad as elena healing

so is melee not at evo?

>What is that super cheap character who do a special punch move with I-frame?
Sounds like Kryzalid.

youtu.be/NO5zR-YFpgM?t=72

Fuck you don't say that. I don't care about Melee but I want to preserve CRTs and original hardware. While we're on the topic fuck sweaty smelly Melee faggots for hoarding all those CRTs to play a single game. Most are probably composite but even those can be RGB modded

Maylay is the greatest fighting game of all time and will be around for another 20 years.

Attached: zain tipper.png (370x374, 242K)

>le sir faggdit

Attached: 1560392640671.gif (300x300, 2M)

>where while MvCI was definitely not a horrid title, popular opinion of sheep led it to rot in a grave.
>USFIV had its flaws but it is by far a better game than SFV and a good portion of the FGC will agree with you on this. But like [unwilling] sheep they moved onto SFV
>move on you're sheep
>dont move on you're sheep
This is your brain on melee

Get in contact with water

not defending this turbofaggot but you could make the same argument about any genre, like the overabundance of mascot platformers in the 90's

Attached: 1502250973325.jpg (1200x675, 309K)

What's this guy's problem? Yeah, love melee as much as you want but why do you gotta put othwr very good games down?

I don't know, ask Smashies who want 20 minute keepaways. Maybe it gives them more time to summon the gut rumblings they need to pulloff the mid-game self-defecation mindgame technique to claim the wins they so deserve.

It's funny because they get super defensive and insulted when someone says "Why does EVO have two smash games? What makes any of the smash games different from each other?"

it is, evo has tons of side tournaments for any game that wants one and melee has about 40 entrants at theirs

>some random idiot on twitter speaks for everyone
Nice
Honestly the state of discourse on this board is fucking pathetic

Attached: space stank.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

>MvCI was definitely not a horrid title
it plays worse than the last 2 games in the series in literally every aspect and was, as stated by the devs, designed for brainlets who thought assists were too complicated while also looking and sounding way worse than MVC3 while reusing shitloads of its assets

the only sheep are the people defending this game because people who had a vested monastery interest in it said they should. get the fuck outta here

Can you imagine being this gay?

holy kek

Because "if we have too few stocks some players might get lucky wins off good reads and we need to make it so the better player on average wins as much as possible".

Smash community is weird like this, they also won't allow too small stages because players might die earlier than they're "supposed" to which means a lucky smash attack would kill them and we can't have that.

I agree this is weak as hell. It was weak when they did it for MK, too. And funny how they shafted Mike Z.

very based

They could have legitimately patched that desu, you could have had at least 2 more USFIV patches in the time SFV actually released the base content it was supposed to have on launch.

You can't read and that's fine.

Please stop stating devs as the know all.

Unfortunately, with success comes sacrifice. We all know SNK bought a main stage slot for SamSho and they're gonna take that money.

EVO has lost SOME integrity, but at the end of the day the competition is still real and everyone has the same chance to win.

True, but real FGC peeps have options. There's literally 8 other games on that list that most of the FGC at least plays two or more of, even if it's casually. Of course drop off is going to happen when you split a single base of people among 8 different titles that they all realistically own or play. The only thing Melee plays had to compete with was the only other Smash game, and if most people play both, that decline is a sign of something.

Melee became incredibly stale until HBox started losing. Based crab thrower literally saved melee

Obviously this isn’t some isolated incident. It’s no mystery at all why the fgc doesn’t like to associate with certain types in the smash scene because there’s always a bunch of them making an ass of themselves when it comes to other fighting games. Literally what other sub-community does this?

That sounds hilarious

Attached: 1462392268910.jpg (402x402, 82K)

I have to give credit to meleefags for one thing, they sure love their game. I don't think I could play a game competitively for 5+ years and still be ass at it.

I can understand banning stages that have hazards for tournaments but I don't get why the lower blast zones are banned. Is it because certain characters benefit disproportionately from easier kills? I'm assuming it's the same reasoning behind stages that facilitate camping being banned too.

melee is fucking ded
get over it

>5+
You mean 20 years

>all the smash players lumped into one game
>everyone else spread between different games

also smash is a fucking party game so people will just sign up for fun and mash buttons

Douchebox literally killed melee

Ultimate won't have half the longevity that Melee had. People only care about Ultimate for the stupid DLC hype.

pathetic stinky smelly smasher

twitter.com/Just_Defacto/status/1146162517158371328

Attached: file.png (510x238, 236K)

lmao RIP evo stream numbers

I think it will last longer than brawl and smash 4 for sure.

That's what you think, though.

Its because smash is easier to pick and learn in the beginning. It only takes a couple of rounds to get a feel for how to move and your character's moves thanks to its simpler inputs. If you never played a traditional fighter before, the movements and inputs are going to feel awkward and will require more training and grinding in the beginning just to be mediocre. This higher learning curve turns them away as they see they get less results for more work.

>HungryBox perfected a bair spamming strategy that reduces the match to a brainless runaway that discourages heated fighting in a fighting game.
Good. Fox is a shitty character from a shitty franchise that deserved to be shit tier.

Except most Melee pros agreed that hosting a Melee side event at Evo is waste of time, money, and dignity.

So what's the percentage of meleefags on Yea Forums that are docbabbies

>nothing in SFV is as bad as elena healing

That came around before many new versions. it would have been nerfed.

well smash is designed to have like 4-8 people playing at once with a bunch of items falling down, in cases like that the stalling never happens. but the competitive community has modified the game so that its 1v1 without any items. this means you can focus on a single opponent, making it easier to run away efficiently, and you dont have to worry about item fuckery, which makes it less likely they eventually get lucky and find an item that can make you approach or at least disrupts you. even if you shortened the timer to 5 mins to match the average fighting game, certain characters/matchups would only be even more incentivized to stall because its easier to stall for 5 minutes than 8. you dont see this doubles matches though because funnily enough 4 people is how many youre meant to play with so the game can actually follow an organic pace

It's fine without Melee.

Real talk, tho. Does the SSBM community get new blood? Is it siphoned from other smash games? Because I find it hard to believe anyone who isn't already a smashfag to look at that 20 year old game and think "yes, this is the game I want to sink hundreds of hours into practicing so I can be competitive".

Attached: 1545797775007.jpg (630x418, 40K)

Should have killed Melee and Brawl for some more weab fighters like GGX3 and Meltan

Best part is that everyone hated Ultra and just started spamming Jab Fighter IV, but people tend to forget that and praise the game like the second coming now

Yoshi's story is legal and one of the smallest stages in the game, dunno what you're talking about on that one

No, SSBM is basically top streamers+spectators who wish they were good enough at the game for their shittalking of the new games to be meaningful.

Since Sm4sh is just Brawl 2.0 and Ultimate is Sm4.5h, then that means Ultimate is really Brawl 3.0. That’s quite the legacy.

>Is it siphoned from other smash games?
Yes

good take

Attached: 1555868352325.gif (360x346, 648K)

*throws crab*

Smash community is all about dickriding the only competent players, tournaments that doesn't have them, barely gets any views

Well, how is he wrong?
What sets apart 30 second combo anime 2d fighters?

If you ran out of argument you shouldn't have use the (You) card, user.
BTW, here's your (You).

Attached: images (6).jpg (500x566, 29K)

Would you rather stand next to a crab that was left in the sun all day or a Smash player?

He was my original main as a lad
I still play him sometimes but I like Falco and Ganon more
DK's really fun too

WHO THREW THIS

Attached: smelee.png (599x577, 16K)

It does I have no Idea how

Samurai Showdown 7 is more fun to watch than fucking Melee in 2019.

hes exaggerating, people beat hbox quite frequently and fox is still undisputedly the best character unless youre leffen or one of his dickriders

Not even funny, fuck you. Probably wouldn't be happy if someone threw a fucking crab at you either degenerate asshole.

I can almost smell these posts

Attached: 1531069724492.png (340x314, 249K)

EVO is for fighting games. be glad you even have ultimate

>implying it wasn't going to be there in the first place

>melee players agreed melee isnt worth it
good to know they finally caught up to the rest of the world

Absolutely based

@470785654
glad i could be of service, hot dog boiler

Attached: delicious.jpg (370x368, 31K)

>Probably wouldn't be happy if someone threw a fucking crab at you either degenerate asshole.
I would

That's a fair point. I'd also add my observation that people get frustrated when they realize the combo they spent 2 hours labbing out doesn't actually help them in winning matches. I got introduced to fighting games via Skullgirls and practiced one combo over and over and thought I was ready to go online and then got dumpstered when I did. I kept playing but I have friends who had similar introductions to fighting games and now either refuse to play non-Smash fighting games or only grind out combos in training mode.

I know there are a lot of posts in this thread and this will go unnoticed, but the truth is smash ultimate killed melee.

A single crab saved melee

these threads remind me of quake/broodwar threads

Attached: 1534719795164.png (444x440, 311K)

>wow, my 16 year old platform fighter got replaced by the newest in the series, along with new fighting games.
>I’m so mad that there’s a side tournament along with games like street fighter 2 and 3, marvel 2 and 3, and other 16-19 year old games.
Melee fags need to learn that their series just got a fucking update like any other fighting game does.
Dissing samsho was stupid too. It’s a SNK fighter, there had to be one up there.

Meanwhile, from "Generic samurai game"
twitter.com/hc0519/status/1100632434217934848

So in a weird way shorter timers means more stalling but longer times mean stalling gets more obnoxious. That's a shitty situation. Do 2v2 or team tournaments happen for smash ever?

he probably doesn't know what any of those are lol

I would be fucking exuberant, that shit's hilarious no matter who it's happening to

People who like games shitting on idiots?

Attached: B5AF64EE-27B5-4689-B4BC-2C54B6B6292B.jpg (536x536, 46K)

Have shower

I really like this gif, mind if I save it?

Use soap.

melee is shit and only autists play it, take your stink somewhere else

Take a shower stinkfag

>HYAT! HYAT!
>COME ON!
>Jerks off gamecube controller
>Spam jigglypuff bair

Compelling competitive gameplay smeleefags, really makes me wish we could see this boring shit over and over instead of some actual fighting games for once.

Attached: 1552503127613.png (228x217, 74K)

no you retard there are major melee tournaments happening at the same time, why go to a side event

>Do 2v2 or team tournaments happen for smash ever?
Usually just as side events

Attached: file(2).png (800x448, 489K)

I bet Hbox smells like shit

I feel like a high noon cowboy fighter could be made with games like SamSho in mind

A solved game is a game that the playerbase has reached the skill ceiling of. Melee is many bad things but solved is not one of them

I was getting bored with Under Night a while back and now I'm a Melty Blood player. As long as you have locals to play at, a game's age matters less than you think.

Fightcade for old games, I'd stay away from SFV, but my favorite is A3, then hyper fighting. 3s is great but I played alex(akuma/ken for tourney cuz fuck chun/yun(and that good ass cvs2 guy who played dudley) and sfiv/ssfiv were fun but post that(AE) didn't like what they were doing with balance. Some people like alpha 2 more than 3, so there's that. Under night had the best tutorial in fighting games bar none, GG apparently has a shit patch but I haven't played since #reload. Melty blood is great fun, marvel 2/3 are fun if you can enjoy cheap shit. Same with CvS2, but more SF-like. Mortal kombat 11 has good netcode as does KI, but I've only played them a tiny bit. Tekken is great, the scene where I used to be was fun, but I mainly played marvel at the time and cvs2. Try them out, it's easy as fuck for the fight cade games, but nothing beats offline scenes.

Man I bet you worked up a sweat typing that

Attached: 1560629470862.gif (480x366, 3.85M)

melees rise in numbers up to 2016 coincided with a rise in 64, a fall in brawl, and a rise in 4. brawl players moved on to 4 that much is clear. then after 2016, 4 64 and melee numbers all began dropping. now ultimate is rising and 64 and melee are still dropping. so no, other smashers dont feed into melee, or at least not anymore

based

BALDING

That kind of shit came from chanbara (samurai duel) movies, which also inspired Samurai Shodown. The entire franchise is fucktons of actual tension because of how quickly matches can end.

Holy shit where the fuck is granblue versus? I want to play good fighting games again

what major melee tournament is happening the same weekend as evo?

WHO THREW THE CRAB !!!!!!
WHO THREW THE FUCKING CRAB!!!!!!!!!

melee is superior to the newer games in every way. MORE does not mean better. Sakurai has gone on record saying he made changes to make the game less competitive. Stop defending this casual shit.

>Oh look the top 8 consists of the same people except one guy who just got kicked out at the start
>Oh look these 2 popular guys are fighting each other again like always
>Wow X won the tournament again this year
This is what Meleefags think is still worth to have as an Evo spotlight game
Just accept it, your game is stale and the only time it's ever fun to watch is seeing an underdog that survived top 32 get into top and take on "muh gods" (despite half of them being washed up and/or leaving the scene)

Attached: 1562548478006.jpg (480x480, 32K)

a hero

>melee is superior
Stopped reading there.

It's a party game you autismo.

>dissing samurai shodown

hell i'm a smashfag but that's just not okay

>LOW SKILL CEILING GOOD

do you guys think that Melee will ever get a spiritual sequel other than PM
i tried Ultimate for a while but it just feels so gross, movement doesn't feel crisp and you have no quick way to microspace your attacks
what kind of dev would look at something organically discovered like the wavedash and just discard it, the game needs something like that so badly and it could've turned into a real mechanic pretty easily
also ledgetrumping has to be the worst bandaid fix they could've thought of for the 'problem' of ledgehogging

oedisjlpukmfnhrvc wsefrdxijonumhkl ,pjiolkmuhns,ped fcrxgirjmohtluk,vpedsfrgijnothmluk,pedsiroirjmohtluk,vpedsfrgijnothmluk,pedsiroirjmohtluk,vpedsfrgijnothmluk,pedsiroirjmohtluk,vpedsfrgijnothmluk,pedsiroirjmohtluk,vpedsfrgijnothmluk,pedsiroirjmohtluk,vpedsfrgijnothmluk,pedsirovesdfrgxjinmolkhu, snedgfirjmohtluk,vpedirjmohtluk,vpedsfrgijnothmluk,pedsirosfrgijnothmluk,pedsirojfnhgmutlk,dirfoujmnhktlg,nrmxijhuokfl,tgkmjxhniufrog€€iesuimnmuninuireisudrkueimnsrdmeunsrdodrndeodnxepmfglsbvxdet,gpöedsxkiöltm ,jy.oplsaxzi,f r.losdpifkrdsxeo.lpöögijsxdeoö.lpgjmbsx.klopkdgjmuntsxid,k.eomjtguynbh,.sxiaklodmujytghbiksxde,yugjhtikdsxoelmirjmohtluk,vpedsfrgijnothmluk,pedsiro,gnhyubtxsjdjigmhntyxsdujigtnmb,sdexuirjmohtluk,vpedsfrgijnothmluk,pedsirojignmt m,juiksxd eiu,kjm,mgnhtymkiujd sxferh gtbsu,ikxedgk

>superior to the newer games in every way
Please do explain how it's better without mentioning muh wavedashing

none, hes coping

How exactly is any of thta a problem? Consistency is the hallmark of skillbased activities. Do you retards just look at top 8 lists and decided how good a tournament is based on who's new

Attached: 1545731511248.png (1279x718, 1.26M)

I'd take a bite out of that fuckin' crab live on stage and thank the fucker who threw it. You need to maintain Big Dick Energy if you wanna be on a stage, boy.

super smash con is the weekend after

based

Why not just learn Skullgirls? The roster is small but there's still a bunch of varied playstyles to learn, and it even offers both 1v1 and 3v3 so you can learn the basics of team fighters/assists as well. The infinite prevention system also forces you to not reuse the same move twice per combo which teaches you combo creativity. It's honestly like a crash course in leveling up your fighting game IQ.

Ah yes, the new Nintensoy Hat

Melee was the original Brawl and it took this fucking long for them to figure it out that Melee is just like every other smash game in the series.

Attached: 7stagesgrief.jpg (527x226, 14K)

There is no argument here I am right. The new samsho is boring shit. Thanks for the (You) bitch can't wait for the next one.

The truth hurts stinky

i know for a fact that many top ultimate players are attending both so why cant melee players?

Let's see how Evo 2019 turns out and wait 2020.
DBFZ got fucked so hard from 2018 to 2019.

i played melee for 2 years after the 2013 evo and then went back to playing fighting games.

smash stinks

Attached: 1562103072491.gif (631x421, 1.3M)

No, because nobody plays any game not called Smash Bros. There are a bunch of games that have tried to be Melee 2.

Not really, even if you try to make a successor no one will play it anyway

>BUT THING WAS DIFFERENT IN THE PAST
How does that change anything I said? It hasn't been that way for years, user. Take it up with McRib not me, I'm just telling it like it is for the smelee players that can't take the hint (or a shower).

why would they, it's a side tournament

JP takes more skill than wavedashing spamming tho. He mastered the game and this is the result of that.

Someone post Hbox unironically talking about kicking people off of the Spongebob CRT because he needs it more

doesnt stop any other scene from showing up for their older games

smash isnt even a fighting game and it has no place at a fighting game tournament. your child's party game was only ever there because of the ticket sales it brought in, and now that companies are paying cash for their games to make the lineup mr. wizard doesnt need you unwashed autists for his burger fund any more.

go make your own major. your line up can be all 5 shitty versions of smash, hungry hungry hippos and lego star wars.

no other scene have a 1000 man tournament the weekend after evo, evo is it for them

That didn't happen.

t. Mr Incel

>child's party game
So fighting games

nobody in this thread has ever had sex

The only thing I dislike about Ultimate movement is it's annoying to get off platforms, you're not supposed to be able to move while you're attacking unless it's part of the move, Smash having such minimal commitment to attacks/movement is a lot of why the games are so defensive in nature.

Salem was right lmao

dilate with sex

The cat from Sabirna?

>How exactly is any of thta a problem?
It's a problem for Evo because they strive on viewership like any other TV platform
Hypothetically let's take ESPN, they broadcast sports, and let's say they've kept baseball on their broadcast list for years, but people complain that it's too boring because it's just the same 3 teams dominating the league out 20+ teams. Chances are, ESPN would drop baseball from their broadcast list
This is the same case for Melee, it's the same 6 or so people fighting for the tournament win and everyone else trying to go for it get flushed out by the best players, leaving no room for underdogs to take the tournament from under everyones nose

again, ultimate players are attending both so there being another tournament a whole week later doesnt seem to be an issue for anybody but salty melee players

Attached: MNW_a_melee_player_posts_near_me.gif (500x281, 2.88M)

I probably would only get really mad if it hit me. But Hbox must have just been at his limit from all the constant hate he gets from people blaming him for killing melee.

twitter.com/gsmVoiD/status/1151666757121134592
epic, simply epic

I don't know if you noticed, but the same people tend to stick around quite a while in sports. There's just more moving parts. Besides that people love to see the same old faces

Attached: 1552181509854.jpg (736x741, 81K)

You probably don't watch sports, but I'll remind you of the sheer hatred "dynasty" teams get for getting into the championships a lot in a short span of time.

>New England Patriots
>New York Yankees in the 90s and 00s.
>LA Lakers under Shaq and Kobe
>Golden State Warriors
>Any team LeBron James has been on in the last 10 years, minus the LA Lakers.

When the same people show up in the finals, it gets old real fast, and some leagues have taken measures to bust up teams that do that.

The problem for Melee is if you're not one of the five gods, you're unlikely to bust up that ring, and it'll be some contest of H-Box and/or Armada before he retired.

Also more people watch melee than any other fighter

Could be interesting, but it's harder to wrap your head around a fighting game that takes place almost entirely at range in the first place. Unless you mean it's a regular fighting game except people only have like 6 bullets in their gun for the entire match and any one of them can do 80% damage under the right circumstances.

Ultimate players are attending both because they're both main stage tournaments.
You know a flight to Vegas costs money right?