Mario Maker 2 - Shill 'n' Chill

Post courses, play courses.
Try to play about twice as many courses as you shared, lot of people weren't playing anything last thread.

>masterlist
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rVkJg9O4tevTf_zOZBFWBkRDsONpLmjpqgKRNvYcLxo
>submission form
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_F2czkwgrdgD4JOqDHixDqAzn2Q1uRqMZcNkzQZnjeaCHmg/viewform

Attached: super_mario_maker_artwork.png (1200x914, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.red/Ofoz
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zqKGiBb7vJg
youtube.com/watch?v=wHwyca7gu7E
youtube.com/watch?v=BJN8zW5a8i8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anchor

Attached: anchor_smb3.png (512x512, 31K)

reminder to ignore long lists of levels

MTP-K0P-PDF

I made a very short level based on Smash. Criticisms are welcomed.

Attached: 329.png (1280x720, 1020K)

RFV-HXC-Q7G
Posted right as old thread died. My second level, made it with a friend who just got the game as well. I enjoy it but not sure if it’s fun for others.

Hello, friends.
Going to make a new level today!

NEW:
1-2: Skipping Across the Stars
YVY-JCY-7NG
"A pirate attack devastated your space mining fleet. Catch up & seek revenge"

OLD:
1-1: Launch and Attack
DGP-YP6-59G
"Take to the stars on an asteroid mining mission but beware of space pirates"
Auto-scroll

2HARD4U:
Secret Lab of the Mole People
40X-79M-6NF

>Gibbering Descent
>PGK-GD7-GJG

Attached: Beetle.gif (512x512, 12K)

>tfw got loads of scrapped ideas, even entire scrapped levels
very few people play my levels anymore as I think most people on Yea Forums have already tried them. Been a week since I last uploaded a new level as I'm so fucking slow at making. I guess I can't really complain though.

>Floaty Fortress (BEST)
RVN-YBQ-2QG
>Spiny Sands (NEWEST)
4QP-GY9-5CG

1JT-321-P4G
Performance Task: A short speedrun level based on claw swing jumps. Watch out for the hammer bros.

CYY-324-NDF - Pachinko!

How many shells did it take you user?

I have eight stages. Here are three:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

Something in the Water (NEW)
M3L-9LC-KRG
Bypass the urchin overload! The only way through is under . . .

Think I'll break from making for a bit and just play levels from here after work today. Hope you like shoddy Samus doodles.

I hope I can finish mine today

Attached: 1563179044639.gif (512x512, 131K)

I hope you're going to have fun with it.

your courses have ALOT of plays compared to the average Yea Forums levels. I'm surprised you even shill them anymore.

905-L05-VHF
Hard backslide-only level, but short! (50s max to complete it)

Attached: 1507404956026.jpg (500x500, 49K)

is it intentional that bowser's fireballs shoot through the wall as you're fighting bowser jr?
what the fuck is this terrain dude, did you scribble on the screen or something?

tried it cleared it, did get softlocked one time though when big shell janked out and stopped breaking ice (??). some neat touches. preferred main area to sub area.

You can make It out of the pyramid alive, right user?

Pretty newish level:

F80-JHS-JNF

I mostly come to these threads to play atm as I am very slow to make new courses. I'm still open to feedback in spite of the popularity of most of my courses as they are far from perfect.

HEY PUSSIES, BET YOU CAN'T BE THE FIRST TO BEAT THIS STAGE.

3RS-9BN-2YF Escape the Ant Farm

I made the biggest stage possible, and used all the pipes, doors, teleporting blocks, and red coins. It's not kaizo hard, I designed it so you can't get trapped anywhere, but it's designed to be confusing. I managed to upload it without using a map just before time ran out.

>find 10 red coins in a massive maze

Attached: 1551303681899.jpg (462x462, 79K)

PLAY MY LEVELS

Listed newest to oldest:
>the temple on polar peak
5G5 0W2 76G
>30 seconds in the sky
5L9 3JX CNF
Luigi’s haunted basement
P42 10H KXG
>boom boom booms ship
GK4 N36 XHF
>wiggler’s lair
QMW VVH FSF
>let it grow
XLH YQL HVG
>dark side of the stage
00F TJX G0G
>secret of icicle cave
8DK K8G GLG
>Luigi’s new house
J07 G7Q 2JG
>switch time
MD2 KHN QDG

Attached: 3C90F8BF-781A-4E12-BC9E-D9B340334C8B.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>scroll stop works fine when testing
>notice it broke after i finished the clear check
I'm legitimately upset.

Attached: scroll lock.webm (720x404, 2.28M)

thanks I hate it

Project SMB3:

I am making 8 worlds with around 6-10 traditional stages in each world. All stages have atleast 1 pink coin to find, most stages have several and some of them are very hard to find. Difficulty of these levels is like 2/5 since it's world 1 but the coins can be tricky. Can Yea Forums find all the hidden coins?

These levels are in standard SMB3 fashion, no boss, gizmo, or puzzle spamming.

World 1:

1-1 New beginnings
WFY-YDL-T1H

1-2 Buzzy Problems
3FM-9SF-DQG

1-3 Tasty platforms
YDN-KDT-GHF

1-4 Fish in the sky
YJ0-G2V-J0G

1-[F] A kind start
C11-8J6 -PTF

1-5 Summer nights
MH8-98V-V1H

1-[G] Dark ambition
3KM-25R-MHF

1-[A] And up again
RH7-HKF-0MF

2-1 A warm welcome
K68-KR1-MWF

All feedback welcome, if you want me to try your levels and give a like, let me know!

Attached: 25991269128621.jpg (684x1000, 167K)

I know

I just finished making pic related. It's a level based on moving platforms that pick things up along the way, like cannons, enemies, etc. I'm not 100% pleased with how it turned out, but hopefully it's fun at least.
Hitchhikers: RKG-NV3-D1H

>Older levels:
Memory Mansion: 1QN-74N-JMG
Run Like the Wind!: MPH-1MJ-JTG

Attached: Hitchhikers.jpg (862x548, 250K)

>RNG hammers and RNG bloopers
holy fuck why user

Not too late to kill it, fix the missing blocks and reupload?

Monty Mole Hills´ Little Secret
C9C-YPG-G4G

Level starts as your standard SMW level until you enter the old house in the hills.

Attached: Monty Mole Hills.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

pretty sure you could get softlocked during the 'boss' part

christ I did it with only 18 seconds left.

Finally got some free time, so I'll be going through the anchor. In the meanwhile, here's some stuff I made, so you can tell me how awful I am at this and I can finally an hero.

Boss Rush Redux
1VG-K59-61G
a reimagining of my old Mega Man Boss Rush stage.

Deep Sea Doubloon Diving
R52-PXW-01H
Underwater coin collecting. Easier ending than the first upload.

Flight of Fancy Footwork
DV1-66Y-5SG
Use the fluttering Kuriboh Shoe to navigate the stage.

Attached: 1452886978164.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

That was exactly as frustrating as I expected. Good shit, user.

Btw, I managed to advance a few times without sliding backwards, but dont tell anyone.

I always do

people should just post their best/newest level and let other anons take it from there, instead of posting an entire library thinking people want to dedicate half a day just for them

i deed it

I dont think so, for the most part the boss has always managed to fly up without getting stuck, if thats what you mean

YXJ-MXM-03G
Upgraded my First course. I think I'll work on making a new one after this

Attached: 60478920_2660197034055020_4115868340872806400_o.jpg (605x996, 54K)

I meant if you lost the super leaf

Nice. Is it too tough? Any feedback on the layout?

seems it doesn't work because you didn't give the rooms enough space for the screen to go wall-to-wall

Same question.

Will they fix the online versus or make it good?

cool level, not sure I got the point of the fireflower at the end though, I guess you're intended to use it purely to damage boost through the wiggler? bit of an odd choice if so.

Yeah I guess, but It should be fine if you just dont get hit. He's piss easy to defeat anyways

Those ants suck dick. The level is good as a maze.

I revised my course '1-2 under underground' and I would appreciate if user could give it a play and maybe tell me what they thought.
Hopefully people will not get stuck anymore when they don't know the shoe mechanics yet.

FN8-1YY-5LF

Attached: 2eb2d5cdbf8bbb1e754b610dc18a5d34cd437032.png (333x282, 87K)

Post webm you fucks, no better way to sell your level just post long ass lists

The actual gameplay was quite easy which is good for a level like that imo. The layout I have no clue to be honest I think I just got lucky going places I needed to. If you could think of some way to indicate which section pipes / doors / tele blocks go to it would make navigation a little easier as going through them is a total gamble but I guess thats part of the maze appeal.

I'd still recommend avoiding any softlock risks

I made a pretty cute 3D world stage last night as part of a series and I wanna get some thoughts on it. Worried it’s more long and difficult than I intended.

T85-NP1-FXF

I’m going to be mostly playing stages after work. So I’ll take any recommendations for stuff I might like.

I don't know who to convert mp4 to webm without sound

vlc just fucks it up

Good shit bro, gave your stages some likes

Bit Crusade 3 is an adventure series of Mario levels that play in the traditional sense (scaling difficulty, hidden rooms and level theming). So if you like traditional Mario stages you’ll probably like these. The “game” will eventually utilize all 5 styles so there’s a little something for everyone. Every stage has five red coins hidden within that unlock a super bonus room at the end.

Starting point is here:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Most recent stage:
2-4: Koopa Bros. Unite! 1VQ-3SK-FVF

Fight The Koopa cousins in their tower of power and mangle their malicious machines!

Feedback is appreciated and returned. If you got a really good level I’ll likely make a short webm of it to showcase it. If you decide to take the plunge and play them I hope you enjoy them.

Working on 3-1, will break for some stages in a bit.

Ok, here's one from one of mine

Attached: Algae Pond.webm (1280x720, 2.34M)

7/10 too much water

Google webm for retards

Thanks mate, these threads are much better with some visual

Post shit that makes you nuclear
>creator has a section which requires a powerup which is only available at the beginning of the level
>mandatory boss fight with infinite powerups in a rectangular arena
>mandatory "throw shells at the boss until they die" boss fight

Attached: A0B11470-A7B1-4460-9592-2D7DCCBCC0F5.gif (720x480, 1.37M)

>first jump is a kaizo block into a pit

>red coins that look like they're optional
>get to the end of the stage
>key door

Attached: 1495917447815.png (191x173, 52K)

Remake of Jungle Hijinxs from Donkey Kong Country:
02B-13H-35G

Remake of Rice Beach 1 from Wario Land:
5S8-7R6-B2G

Attached: HijinxsCountryStart.png (250x218, 81K)

AFAIK this is the level:
>starting area (1 coin)
>goal pole area (1 coin)
>gay bobomb jail (2 coins)
>piranha plant/goomba spring area (2 coins)
>ice area (1 coin)
>big ant area (1 coin, has the locked door)
>beep block area (1 coin)
>clear pipe area (1 coin)
Correct me on any mistakes

Oh stop water levels aren't THAT bad if you know what you're doing.

I got like 30+ saved from the various levels I've played here, I like making them but its kinda a hassle since it slows me down playing stages and leaving comments and stuff.

Attached: Ice Wizard Castle.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

YBR-761-YPG

>That was exactly as frustrating as I expected.
I assume the most frustrating part was the backsliding and not the obstacles?

Also why in the world would you frontslide in a backslide level! (°□°) ━
I assumed people would be too scared to face forward after trying once so i prioritized not cluttering the level with securities all over the place. I'd also tend to frontslide during my testing but with the last added securities it became too unreliable to do so so i naturally stopped.

>find all red coins but one
>get to key door
>yfw

I found the part after the checkpoint unnecessarily frustrating and gave up, sorry user.

>traditional stage that allows you to run through it very quickly
>suddenly slow as fuck snakeblock / moving platform section

autoscroll is a big no-no for me.

I mean I am not the best player and got killed a few times by not jumping properly, nothing to do with the stage itself. It was quite fun, really

My next level will be a Christmas elevator. I'll probably have it finished in a couple of days if I'm not too busy.
Oh this looks sweet as hell. I'll give it a go when I've got the time, user. What's the code for Algae Pond?

Attached: Forest of Seasons.jpg (2064x1144, 995K)

>invisible blocks
>water
>low light, wind, other stupid night theme gimmicks
>lava bubbles out of nowhere
>no checkpoints
>obstackles positioned in such a way that they are hidden by camera, and you end up jumping into them or onto them

Why hasn't the entire Mario Maker fandom unanimously agreed that slow, tedious snakeblock sections are fucking garbage and deserve an instant boo?

why dont notifications update? do you really need to restart the entire game everytime?

>spike blocks at the start to kill you when hitting the switch
why?

Hitchhikers is great, nice aesthetic and a lot of fun.

I mean as long as they are in the game people will continue using them. And yeah they are slow but not as bad as you people make them out to be

Fuck off to /vg/ already

just use a filter
>oh no I get one less twitter screencap thread to look at

Thank you, very cool.

I might actually do that because it really irks me right now. But clearing it took me way to long so I'm not sure what to do.

Yeah, why should Yea Forums be about video games? It's all about those sweet console war and e-celeb threads!

solid level, bro

***NEW LEVEL***
>Luigi's Spooky Jungle Fun Time
56T-N91-JVG

Older levels:
>Basically The Plot Of Space Jam
BTM-JG6-12G
>Mario Crawls Inside Dead Turtles
G54-KGR-Y1H
>Stay Frosty
X0N-XB2-NCG
>Buzzy Beetle Rescue
2H2-S03-30H
why
I don't think spamming fireballs at bowser is very fun.
Interesting ideas, but I'm not so sure you should have "running" jumps in tiny spaces. Is the only way to get the shell to go through that ice wall by tapping it along with the cape?
pls
i liked it

Attached: Png.png (420x420, 268K)

hit the bell button in main menu

Last of mine Pocket Bomberman levels:

Area 1: Evil
Y4N-9W9-M8G

Previous ones

Area 1 Forest:
TN9-RMW-FRG

Area 1 Ocean:
TVB-6F0-LVG

Area 1: Wind
3H6-XRV-RHF

Area 1: Cloud
9LQ-DC3-XGG

Attached: evil-world-the-past-is-now-blog-ivelias-zero-pocket-bomberman.png (994x894, 39K)

I hate poison shrooms

1-3: Algae Pond F5S-F75-LGG

That seasons stage looks neat, lemme wrap the section up I'm working on and I'll play it.

The don't jump or you lose condition. Goes against all your instincts when playing a mario game and the fact it still counts against you if you fall instead of jumping is stupid. If you got a stage with that condition set you better fucking wow me or it had better be short.

I had no idea the switch had built-in video capture, thanks

Attached: 905-L05-VHF.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

>Is the only way to get the shell to go through that ice wall by tapping it along with the cape?
No you don’t need the cape at all, just makes it a little easier. If you avoid the shell altogether it will clear the ice on its own.

>Snakeblocks that just slowly go back and forth without giving players any sense of making progress
>That tedious section in which you have to carry multiple Bob-ombs to make way
>long ass and hard red coin levels with no infinite checkpoints

These are neat but extremely short, why not try to compile multiple into a single level? I get that you can only have one goal condition per level but you can replicate that with keys (one section you get all the red coins, another you avoid enemies to kill the Galoomba at the end for the key)

Bump.

Building levels!

I don't know I'll think about it

Got a few webms to dump from the last couple nights, would have sooner but works a bitch

Attached: Air Raid by Dark.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Attached: Return to Ice Wizard Castle.webm (1280x720, 2.31M)

Stop uploading speedrun courses. You are shitting up the endless pool.

Attached: 55722-full.jpg (631x472, 32K)

Attached: Shellcoin Woods.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

a fart into an ocean of shit

>Flexing this hard on muh Ice Wizard

Thanks so much for making that. To be honest I was skeptical of making webm files when you mentioned it the other day, but I see your point now it creates a much more engaging thread. I will figure out webm for retards and start doing myself too.

Also the ice levels for reference :
>Ice Wizard Castle:
CS8-47F-YTF

>Return to Ice Wizard Castle
TXW-QHT-8SF

Attached: icec.png (922x582, 963K)

4, This one had me sweating bullets by the time I got to the top, long way down with no checkpoints but it's fair enough that if I did fall it'd be on me..

It was a ton of fun man, and no problem. I wouldn't call it flexing though haha, I died a fair amount of times on it too

Attached: The Tower of Bowbel.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

"The Old Library"

W57-B9W-7TF

A library themed level based on the SM3DW ghost house theme. Straight forward platforming no puzzles. Difficulty somewhere between easy and medium.

Boom Boom's Midnight Boat Rides
TDC-L1X-RCG

All you have to do is kill Boom Boom before the ride is over.

And 5, last one for now, gotta leave for work shortly.

This stage was kickass, and gives a MASSIVE Click Clock Wood vibe to me. The puzzles mixed things up enough that I was never bored. It's on the longer side but I didn't mind, and that checkpoint was perfectly placed. I look forward to your Christmas elevator, followed ya too.

Attached: Forest of Seasons.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

daily reminder that sjw faggots ban other people levels

webm.red/Ofoz

Attached: soy feel.png (988x1059, 499K)

would be better if it was an actual level rather than just funny sounds tbqh

>upload dumb troll level
>butthurt when it gets moderated

youre retarded if you expected that to stay up

Question: Do checkpoints save collected pink coins?

They do unless you get the required amount to get the key. Once you have the Key if you die before you use it you lose the red coins too.

How come there's no courses that feel organic like a actual Mario level? Its like only aspies designed everything

Attached: comfsadcat.png (124x128, 24K)

First time making, feedback appreciated

CR8-NK9-H5G

Switch Snatch Sands

A level focused on on/off blocks and claws. Somewhat challenging. Hopefully not annoying. If people think it is too frustrating, but can be salvaged, I’m open to suggestions and reuploading

just play super mario bros u deluxe it feels more fun that any uploader from mario maker 2 can make

because the point is that you can make whatever kind of level you want. there are plenty of traditional looking levels out there but most people on here are the type to enjoy more difficult and gimmicky levels

>red coin level that allows key death
>elements that make you slow down significantly
>trump jumps
>uninspired boss fights
>level is falsely labeled as "kaizo"
>level uses enemies as main obstacles
I think that's about it

There are loads but really why not just play the real mario games if you want regular mario levels.

This is why a world builder would be great. More people would be likely to make normal style levels before you get to their ridiculous death trap finales, versus what it is now of only uploading your death traps.

This. I hate people that keep an entire fucking screens worth of levels that I possibly already played or have been posted over 10 times.

After feedback from an user yesterday, I deleted and completely revamped one of my courses. This is the new version, and I'd love some feedback on it.
>The Sunken Submarine
>W30-W1L-L0H

Feel free to check out my other stuff as well!

Attached: mario-collage-800x450.jpg (800x450, 131K)

Fun level user

>playing through SMB1 sky theme
>”it’s something unpredictable, but in the end it’s right”
Anyone else feel this?

Cause those levels are really easy. I want difficult, yet organic courses

how come we don't simply post our maker IDs instead of individual course IDs?
Would solve this problem

can you even search by maker ID?

I try to make my levels feel like actual mario levels and people seem to like those

each maker has a 9 character maker ID just like courses have their course ID code. Just open your profile then tap on 'more info' and it'll show an ID on the bottom left of your mii.

Doing good work. ID?

Attached: 1530904831922.jpg (460x444, 47K)

>make a level with infinite powerups, no enemies, no death pits, no softlocks, and a safe path to the powerup dispensers if you ever take damage
>All you have to do is read the fucking controls
>17% clear rate

Attached: 1521391310293.jpg (420x590, 201K)

when you click the search ID button it says "search by level or Maker ID" so obviously

see

Hi, I'm contemplating on revising of this level.

Level ID: YLR-50Q-FRG

My concept is I want the player to feel like he summits a mountain then having the leap of fate (to the flagpole) in the end.

Any suggestion?

I can't get over amiibo costumes. I would really like to play as Olimar again

Attached: 500px-SMM_Costumes_List.jpg (500x732, 94K)

>leap of fate
dropped

I know that feel.
Sometimes I try to get feedback by submitting my courses to streams but they always seem to get caught up on the worst bullshit jank imaginable and the smaller ones don't set limits for time or lives spent on one course.

>Classic rainforest (PKL-B47-6RG)
normal/expert level with many cheep cheeps to avoid

>If 3DWorld had a 2D castle level (KT9-HD8-8XF)
an hard but fair castle level

>The pyramid of Tutankhoopa (Y7H-SGH-X3G)
Explore the ancient tomb avoiding deadly traps

>Infested sewers (LTP-CRG-55G)
Survive a journey in a sewer full of piranha plants. This personally is the level i'm most proud of

>A Song Of Ice And Fire (JLQ-1ML-NMG)
Game of thrones thematic level

>aMAZEing TREASURE HaUNTed house (1S1-HP4-7HG)
explore the maze and collect enough coins before the timer runs out

>The UpsideDown (H37-MSD-8RG)
Stranger things thematic level. Probably the most difficult level i've uploaded, alongside with the GOT inspired one

>Underwater volcano (normal?) (CRX-S4L-L7G)
I designed it in a moment of low inspiration, thinking of it as a level to be not too challenging, then the liked the idea to the point that i made an hard version of it

>Underwater volcano: death castle
(HWY-XLQ-YKG)
This is the long and hard version ot the underwater volcano. Playing it after the previous one is suggested

I'm currently creating a bees centred normal level

Lastly, i apologize for not playing many of the levels you shared, i had little free time and i spent it creating instead of playing other levels

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it

Can confirm.

Got something going for my next course. More theming with semisolid platforms this time around, too. Around 60% done, so with building, testing, tweaking, I hope to have it posted in about seven or eight hours. Here's the rundown.

>SMB style
>Night Ground/Night Sky
>Buzzy Beetles/Goombas, respectively
>Bumpers
>Trampolines
>Tracks
>Spike traps

It'll be a fun low-gravity bounce fest, with plenty of built in timesaves for speedrunners with the use of goombas and a little brainpower. The vertical sub-area's max size, split right down the middle with hardblocks and a door at the top of the left half going to the bottom of the right half, so you'll have to go all the way up again and it's even harder. It's also got spike traps so careful how you bounce. Gonna have some lunch and then play a few of your courses.

Attached: SMB1 Run.gif (500x320, 15K)

I just uploaded a new stage!
I don't think I've seen such a stage here before, I had quite some fun making it.

Unlike some of my other levels, this one should definitely be on the easier side. Not very long either, about 2 mins give or take.
You use your submarine kart to dive into the sea and best its challenges.
Pretty straightforward stage actually - the kart itself behaves differently underwater which makes it interesting. Plus the underwater SM3DW music is really tranquil and sweet.

Do check it out and let me know what you think. Did I succeed at making an easy-normal stage anyone could enjoy?
RWM-88F-TCG

Attached: underthesea.jpg (860x545, 191K)

Spin Forest
Short Level, NSMU spin mechanic on flowers with platforming
YS6-W65-82H

-Sanic-
Very easy speedrun level
YQ9-92V-LMG

>all those fast-moving tracked blocks
why? they completely ruin the level and are just a frustrating nuisance as they often result in instant death from being crushed.

WR'd it, it was a fun gimmick and I spent hours trying to find way to save seconds

Attached: d3e872a46ab454844e2662eb395b12f7.png (1211x655, 737K)

At least with a long shitty course I kind feel like I'm walking around in some autistic kid's brain, but all that a 20 second speedrun course tells me is that your brain is empty and you are an uninteresting person.

Attached: 1496363062-reimu-drink.png (915x685, 455K)

C5F-HY4-MNF

The Court Of The Crimson King

An adaptation of the song "In The Court of The Crimson King" by King Crimson. Look up the lyrics cause it's pretty interpretative and if you don't know them it'll just seem like a bunch of bullshit

Attached: court.jpg (163x160, 7K)

I spent over an hour doing clear checks on my level because I had to upload it twice.
Does anyone have some easy chill levels for me to calm down with?

Attached: 1452409360270.jpg (640x932, 91K)

I'll repost my lewd level.

Mario has found himself in the land of lust and degeneracy! Can he find a way to escape?

BH4-BXK-HHF

Attached: 1387098365186.jpg (440x500, 91K)

Meat Boy recreator here, and I'm ending the series with a bang... the game's final boss level. I spent over 10 hours creating and fine-tuning this one--the stage is long. For you few speedrunners put there, you'll love / hate this one.
FD2-S76-63G
The level itself:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zqKGiBb7vJg

Attached: Switch.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Yeah I just made a pretty serene and relaxed one actually. Would love for you to try it

>infinite fire flower bowser fight

Pretty comfy but the jumps on the spike balls at the very end felt off. The rest of the jumps in the level require you to go to max speed and jump right at the ledge, but when I did that at the end I overshot the spike ball. Due to the mechanics of the kart, as soon as I realized I was about to overshoot it it was too late to go back and make the jump and still have enough momentum to make the second jump, so I died and had to do the level all over again. Other than that it was enjoyable to play

Bower's tower battle.
somewhat short level focused on a bossfight with Bowser. Make him break the hard blocks to each the bottom.
>T0T-XH7-PBG

New ones
Tiny-Huge Pipeland: RHW-THS-J0G

Mario's Time Machine: 1NM-996-PQF

Mario's Time Machine 2: 7TQ-N08-PWF

reported to nintendo

I see what you mean, I'd have that happen to me occasionally too. Instead of doing the double jump onto the top of the pole I'd go under the second one, actually "blow it up" by going straight through it and once I overshot the flag too. To be fair though I was able to turn around and jump onto the top of the pole from the little elevated ground behind then.

Sorry you had to do it all over! Glad you enjoyed it generally speaking though.

They all have safe spots, user. Proceed with caution.

This is as close as I could get to an actual Nintendo-style level, pacing and all.
G54-KGR-Y1H

Missing mushroom mystery
9LX-R71-MDG
Standard SMB jungle level with second half being in night time airship
Will play back levels after a while, want to do some of anchor posts first

Attached: boobooIgottagetthosepiccanicbaskits.webm (398x720, 1.98M)

Why is every doing the same fucking on/off switch platforming thing?
Feels like every other level has that.

It's kinda satisfying

I'd rather not bother, they're not fun to move through and it's not clear where the safe routes even are. Too trial and error for me.

168-K2G-KJF

Slightly long, spent around 4 hours on this. My first Mario level ever. Please give criticism or something :(

Attached: Promyvion ffxi.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

>and gives a MASSIVE Click Clock Wood vibe to me
That's exactly what it's meant to be based on! I'm so glad that you liked it, and that's a really neat webm! Also, thanks for the follow, you're the best.
Thanks a lot for the code, I'll give it a go. I'll also make sure to try the other levels you've made, Algae Pond looks sweet!

what did I just play

>effect abuse
>hidden blocks that make you hit enemies
So far so boo...
jk, but don't do that

I don't know any other way to set music on two different zones, so I had to work around that with the effects. I couldn't just plug something on Mario himself because it would just be in every part of the stage... unless I'm missing something in which case please tell me, I fucking hated doing all of that.

There's no other way around, but do you really think that it's necessary? I mean, other than for the boss fights, the standard bgm would have been enough.
The rest of the level was good

Very nice!

Actually gonna take it off now. Don't want it to stay up for too long and I'm not happy with the spiky jumps, they are not consistent enough.

Sorry everyone.

>NEW Flying High into the Blue Sky!
CWX-PPY-WPF
gonna try these

2-5 Pyramid land
3KR-SH9-8PG

>The steriotypical desert pyramids mario level.

wheres 2-3 and 2-4?

I haven't made them, I have plans for them but felt like working on this one first, just started work on 2-2

Didn’t use the anchor and got no plays, so reposting my code

CR8-NK9-H5G

Switch Snatch Sands

Desert SMB3 with on/offs and claws. Somewhat challenging. Hopefully not too frustrating. First level ever, very open to and appreciative of feedback

garbage

Here's my two best levels. I used to post a wall of level codes but now I'll just post a few of my best:

Icy Ascent: MCN-NJ7-RWG
Grindflower Garden: K5R-72N-GMG

I have like 6 other levels on my profile, most of them are also pretty good.

So I learned that jumping off a tree in one direction while facing the other gives you much more momentum so I built a stage utilizing the trees and the cat suit to parkour around. It’s not that hard, just a little tricky.

Treetop Bop
FS4-84V-Y3G

Attached: 2568C25D-7D4E-477C-8D31-83A7399A752B.jpg (216x225, 11K)

>upload
>lose maker points

Attached: 1559877880840.jpg (436x436, 31K)

>playing Endless on each of the difficulties
>expected to see levels full of the multi-coins everywhere
>so far people have used them sparingly and appropriately
>haven't seen enemy spam
>no lakitu spam either
>no corridor-filled-with-starmen-and-8-Bowsers levels
>not a single DON'T MOVE level
Did Nintendo develop an algorithm to kill these or has the player base matured

Attached: 1559587258303.jpg (1829x2049, 467K)

get fucked

that's what you get for wasting people's time with garbage

You lose points when you get Boo'd? Thats cool.

how many times will you repost this?

>make level
>fairly average like/play ratio
>softlock is pointed out to me
>don’t feel like re-uploading it, not like the level is going to blow up
>level blows up a fuckton
>25% of comments are ranting about the softlock

Attached: BF6EE9F3-ED32-469E-8AE7-5487ECE3378F.gif (300x225, 1.29M)

Has anyone ever built a level around damage boosting?

post id

Really sorry, I dreaded the day I'd have to do that but I didn't want the jumps to lead to death so often for no good reason, after all this is supposed to be an easy stage even kids should be able to enjoy.
So yeah, you should no longer fall to your death if you jump at least close to where the coins tell you to.

New code for the level of course, so here goes. New first clear to get too I suppose.

Attached: underthesea.jpg (856x547, 192K)

>my hardest level blows up and starts getting hundreds of plays
>maker score plummets as kids fail and boo it

Attached: 1557633501459.png (310x321, 79K)

based matureposter

>Tiny-Huge Pipeland
Fun but I wish it was a little longer

Mario's Time Machine: 1NM-996-PQF
Liked the boss battles, cool idea

Mario's Time Machine 2: 7TQ-N08-PWF
didn't realize there were red coins until i had gone past the first 2

Let it go and work on a new level.

JXF-SBN-LRG

Hiyo bois. This is my 2nd level and it's probably ass but I spent a few hours on it, would appreciate any feedback.
It's very light puzzle solving, takes ~1min to complete and is more platforming focused.
RCH-Q8B-FKF

Going to play some of the other levels made here. Cheers

Attached: ajj.jpg (1000x1000, 170K)

you're not kidding when you say it blew up, did a streamer play it or something? I'm jelly user

Fun, but you really need a checkpoint somewhere. Probably at or right before the part with the p switch

I don’t think so, it hit like 150 plays and 60 likes before it blew up so it might have barely scraped onto the hot/popular pages.

Reminder to play your level without the run button to see if there are any problems for the majority of the playerbase!

we've been over this guy

Attached: 1560430200872.jpg (750x864, 178K)

the comments on this level holy fuck
>"1 2 buckle my shoe" (name of course)
>3 4 can't reach the door
>5 6 karen took the kids :(
>7 8 this level is great
>9 10 softlocked again!
with plays that high? I guarantee some youtuber or streamer played it, you don't get numbers like that just from the hot section, trust me.

Are people actually stupid enough to not know a run button exists

Normal people only press the run button occasionally, they don't hold it down 24/7 like we do

also really liked your Totally Tubular, quite fun

I thought it was crazy until my level clearly did the rounds in Endless. A ton of the new plays died on a jump that can only be cleared while running. Not an off-screen leap of faith jump either. A jump that was clearly too far to make with a normal jump.

that's their problem. and no, I don't care about good goy level maker score

box bumpers 92J-3DX-WTF

collect them all RP4-B68-H0H

bowser jr's tricky tracks M7J-M6D-SFG

Treasure of the sierra madre MFK-228-DGG

please enjoy/leave feedback

Attached: 1537598242709.jpg (257x370, 25K)

>courses getting worse with each I make

Attached: 1554408478447.gif (549x391, 186K)

It's pretty sound advice tbf

>courses getting longer and longer to make, to the point where people are yelling at me for not making anything need in over a week

don't respond to yourself

based yamamura giving me all the tips to make my levels loved by basically everyone. Surprised more people don't check out the dojo.

>Surprised more people don't check out the dojo.
Indeed. I'm also surprised by lack of nina x yamamura stuff

>Both levels i did start with you immediately doing a running jump

Attached: 1516777520711.jpg (184x172, 17K)

I'll like all the levels of whoever gets the first clear on this.

Play my level, also someone else do more hammer blooper shenanigans.

"sorry yoshi"
That's a nice dino... it would be a shame if we were to... sacrifice him at every opportunity
Y8G-PW9-FFF

Very small test as to what a much larger level will look like

Attached: Yoshi_SSBU.png (1100x1205, 937K)

Fuck, the premise of my new level is run non stop

Make a speedrun level around never using run

I did and I couldn't fucking beat it, I'm not even bad at mario this is simply insane my dude

Literally every fucking Yoshi involves tossing Yoshi. Stop fucking doing this. It's almost as overdone as ON/OFF platforming/speedruns at this point.

Here's my course:
FVH-1DY-0SF

Based jonny_ playing every level in here, thank you bro

My only idea is speedrunners who bypass all the powerups

Your course Is shite

>naked pipes

I don't think jonny_ has ever played any of my levels

You need to improve on guiding the player's movement cause there's no way someone who hasn't played a level like this before will make it past the first obstacle. You're limiting the level playerbase to only people who already have played your (more noob friendly) levels before which severly limits how much clears and likes you're going to get.
A simple coin trail would've done the job as well.

Double Shell Jump Practice
TBN-MRX-GWG

Can user Kaizo?

Attached: 2019-07-17_15-57-38 (1).webm (1280x720, 1.07M)

He today played a level i posted two days ago and beat the WR that was at the time 1.30 by doing a 1.05 time. I like him!

Challenge the sun
50G-LJX-5GG

I tried Box Bumpers, I do not like it. There is too much randomness to deal with at the start and I don't have the patience to continue, especially since the one comment here is saying there are no checkpoints.

Thanks user.

Attached: oo6E0KH.gif (300x420, 142K)

Can you edit already uploaded level?

imma boo this stage imma boo this stage
imma boo this stage AND IM GONNA BOO EVERY SINGLE FUCKING STAGE THATS NOT MARIO 2.

>Buy game
>Spend an hour making intro room that goes directly to pipe to secondary stage
>Realize I don't actually have an ideas for the rest of the stage

Attached: 1463358434828.gif (560x372, 1.13M)

I looked into it, turned out Vinny played it on stream although it was pretty popular even before that point. Not sure if some other eceleb played it beforehand as well.

Yes. You unlock the edit feature once you hit 5,000 maker points.

Catacombs

2SQ-LC5-P5G

Catacombs 2

YNN-KT7-23G

Ok user, I re-uploaded the level with another small section but another checkpoint right before the 2nd P-switch section

7RM-PRP-3YG

i barely have 300 points fuck this shit

Has this been done before? Is this worthy of stage? idk

Attached: kot.webm (640x360, 2.78M)

liar I have 7000 maker points and there's no edit feature, but I did get a sick chicken hat.

user is dabbing on you. You can't edit levels without deleting and reuploading them.

I've seen a stage about standing on boxes in the rising lava before, but not one about you clawing away attacking bullet bills

Do it user, looks fun

cool idea, but imo make the platform larger or this will be unplayable in multiplayer.

Same thing happened to me
I've never seen it before, but it looks like a fun concept

Cool concept, I'd also have more crates falling so you can jump back and forth instead of sitting in place swatting at Bullet Bills. Make give players the Builder powerup so they can make their own crates to build a bigger boat - only for thwomps and stuff to break it, requiring you to rebuild it.
Hell, if you don't do that, I'll do it in my own level

>Make give players
Maybe*

Good advice.
Next I'll try playing my levels without using the fucking jump button.
Retard.

damn bro I'm making a catacombs level too

Can you see your own stages under hot or popular?

>kept throwing the shell forward instead of up
Atleast I finally did it but fuck I am bad at throwing upwards

Recent Mario games have all have some hard challenge levels at the very end that test everything you've learned. I wanted to give to give Super Mario World a level like that so hey, if you think you're good at that game lemme know if you clear it. Spent a lot of time fine tuning the stage.

Attached: The Perfect Run.png (495x281, 166K)

think 5 will be long enough? i don't usually bother to make things multiplayer friendly.
well shit now i have to go beat story mode.

Good job user, I knew you could do it!

New stage hot of the presses. No clears or plays yet.
>Razorblade Garden
MT3-LYK-Y3G
A deadly mechanical garden with lots of saws spikes and wigglers. Quite hard but I found it one of my easiest levels to clear check.

Also play my boss rush
>The Mad King's Court
710-PK3-91G

Attached: 1499695246984.png (230x230, 72K)

Just follow the arrows dummy

How have they not added in custom tags options for searching?

1GX-Y63-PWF

Reuploaded my level showcasing the Mario Bros 3 easter egg in MM. I'm hoping the subworld makes it a lot clearer what to do than before.

Attached: Super-Mario-Bros-3-large-31.jpg (398x360, 27K)

Cool level from you as always!

Neato. I didn't realize there was an easter egg like that.

thanks alot :P

damn you right. I'm so dumb

>P-Switch Gang
>Sub area Gang
>Yoshi Gang
The fuck is wrong with Mario Maker Players, and why do they keep saying "Gang"

Today's modern television is corrupting youths into wanting to join gangs!

Kids are dumb and repeat memes

>wiggler on top of mole
Please stop youre actually killing me

the trick is to never let him turn around

>clears your stage
>doesn't Like it
>go to their maker profile and steal all their World Records

Attached: 1562795659909.gif (128x128, 175K)

>implying I have a record on any level that matters

54N-29C-DMF

Small puzzle level. Surprised more people haven't cleared it yet. Anyone able to beat the current WR?

Muncher Mines
R5Q-CD6-FNG
Pretty standard course where i mess around with munchers a bit

Attached: 20190717_170841.png (500x366, 294K)

FQ1-YPF-BTF
Jacurutu
First version of a level idea I’ve got in my head. This one is brief. I could see really expanding on the worm riding part for a future level. Feedback appreciated and yes I know it’s not perfect.

Nobody cares about world records.

My first level
T20-PGF-BHG

A lot more people do than you think

>Still no clears
1JW-06Q-2FF

Attached: Sad Toadette.gif (148x152, 195K)

>clear check time: 01'41

Attached: 1558215999120.png (400x449, 160K)

I just came up with the best level idea to farm Maker Point$
"My First Level: 1-1"
It's 1-1 from SMB, but in the SMW theme, and all the pits are patched up so nobody has to fall down and die.
And the thumbnail has pixel art of Mario and Peach in it.

Attached: 1443078183080.png (1000x1195, 438K)

>slowest speed autoscroller
>if you die 90% of the way up you have to slowly autscroll for years again
I don't have the patience for it.

Theres a checkpoint tho :(

you forgot the enemy spam and the star at the beginning

Fuuuuck someone stole my WR on King Bowser's Spaceship Armada. By 1.5s. I don't think I got the patience to grind and get it back.

Nintendo is deleting 1-1 stages so rip

Let's discuss shit we HATE in levels we've been playing so far. As in common themes.
>Decently made stage decides to throw a load of bosses at you at the final stretch with no warning.

no?

No they aren't.

For what reason, copyright infringement?

That claw/paratroopa jump is really fucking hard.

Very fun

I could do it but the autoscroll is so annoying I just don't want to do it all over

Yeah, probably the hardest in the level, you're pretty close to the end.

Attached: Crash smile.jpg (255x223, 14K)

>Mario Maker
>Make Mario
>Get deleted
???

I regret having the auto scroll, I added it to ensure the areas ahead loaded correctly and people didn't die to things off screen, I tried other speeds but later on in the level the higher speeds were too fast.

Attached: Im starting to get sad.jpg (311x333, 32K)

not that user and haven't checked your level but why not use custom scrolling?

>Thwomps out of nowhere

God damnit, I forgot that existed, I don't think theres a way to change it now...

Attached: FFFFFFFFFFFuck.gif (200x267, 858K)

I spent the past 8 hours making these level, and would appreciate if someone bothered to playtest it.

Brittle Barracks
58D-9H3-4HF

The level has a really cool boss fight.

Attached: adhd.webm (640x640, 1.67M)

I put my maker ID on the picture, if someone doesn't want to read all the text.

Drawings are on the way my friends.

Attached: MarioMaker22.png (1284x646, 23K)

Correct. Go make another. It's Mario MakeR not Mario MakeD

I'm impressed by how quickly you make such high quality levels. I swear you make a great level almost daily.

Dumb stages automade on the title screen retards always upload.
>The underground vertical one with two spike tops
>The ghost house one with the clear pipe at the start
>The ground one with the koopa troopa car
Also hard stages with no checkpoints can suck my dick.

Attached: 2187070B-83C1-4620-A4E3-4E4D69881100.gif (245x185, 1.03M)

Finally beat it. That last bit was tough.

>play a mediocre level
>about to hit Next Course on the clear screen
>see someone left a cute drawing as a comment
>give the level a Like before moving on

Attached: 1543599090673.gif (300x290, 429K)

I've seen numerous people saying they are so I'd believe it.

Probably because it's lazy and kiddos spam it nonstop.

>liking someones stage for for someone elses drawing
?

Nice, other than the autoscroll, any other comments?

Attached: Neko Smile.png (1077x730, 594K)

gullible moron

What's with the Thwomp in front of the pipe with vines behind them?
Where do I progress?

Good, I don't see why the servers should be cluttered with remakes of a level everyone has already played

So all the really amazing designers/artists in this thread.. you've all played my levels and said you've liked them and I genuinely thought my levels were in the upper echelons too.. but I'm starting to think I'm deluded and they're not that good or the standard is just bad.
I was just wondering what's your thought process and what you did to get your levels to such a wide audience. I don't really care either way but just having one level accessible and known to people and them enjoying it is a really big motivator for me for the rest of my life. How do you do it? Should I just adhere to a more miyamoto style instead of sakurai/okada/igarashi?
You probably know who from the shit I'm saying.. I don't think anyone else here is as much of an autistic twat as me.
Please give me some tangible advice and direction for my next level if you can. I was thinking of a 40-60s simple underground SMW level that showcases a few of the games principle designs of the underground and mix them with some of the mushroom/sky level moving platforms while still keeping the multiple path concept I use often just in a much simpler form.
I'm honestly really unmotivated because I thought my levels were better than they actually were then I saw some of the people here. I feel like I'm missing what's required to reach the 100%

/r/ing this but as Yamamura saying "i showed u my courses answer me"

Attached: JsveG8i[1].jpg (953x1282, 84K)

Post a code of yours and i'll give some advice.

self-diagnosed-with-depression discord tranny pls go
youre not depressed or trans you just have aspergers

Jesus dude. It’s a fucking game.

I hate your goddamn wiggler mole. Cool level though

I haven't even reached 500 plays on any stage I've done, can't help you

watch every single maker tutorial in the dojo

>*blocks your path*

Attached: 20secondspeedruns.jpg (938x387, 84K)

who the fuck is EM?

Thanks. I was going to have fire bars in that section that you had to maneuver the mole through but I realized that was a little too hardcore.

I'm not sure if you're still here, but I was able to beat it. There were one or two moments where I wasn't sure where to go, but beyond that it was great. I have to admit I got kind of nervous when I saw your clear check time.

The parakoopa jump, the parachute mole jump, and the ending sequence were the hardest parts of the level imo, but since the mole jump was right after the checkpoint I found a consistent way to beat it. Also, thanks for putting a spiny shell in the clown car instead of something like a fire ball. Being able to spin jump on it was really helpful. Lastly, FUCK winged magikoopas for not dying when you jump on them. It's possible to 1-shot them with a spin jump, but I keep forgetting to do that.

>EM
What's this supposed to stand for? Evil Masterminds? Erect Manchildren?

Attached: 1535294674300.jpg (1150x1113, 105K)

You have to hit the note blocks from above. Stand on the donut blocks and the crushers will clear the way.

Fucks a maker score?

Good level.

Attached: 1498677672768.png (309x267, 41K)

Please no. Is the mole as slow as I think it is? It just switches directions constantly.

If you keep him from turning and just bounce to the right the section is pretty fast and easy. You have to bounce quite precisely on the right side of the wiggler.

To be honest, I didnt think about having a fire ball in there, but I liked being able to bounce off the top of the spiny. I wanted the Kamek to be in the clown car with a spiney on his head, but you can only have one enemy in the car at once

I try my best. Also have some time at the moment. Thanks!

Attached: Games170.jpg (1235x848, 122K)

Glowing Ghost House: HCR-7CS-Y4G

I'm just happy my course almost has fifty people who've played it. I'm less happy about the appallingly low clear rate, 1.4%. Some parts are tricky, but if you're playing cautiously you should be able to make it just fine. That and the final room's sort of a gauntlet, but even then, figuring out a route shouldn't take more than ten minutes. If you're really having that much trouble, just walk for god sake. And at least know how to do corner jumps.

Attached: Glowing Ghost House Piece.png (698x238, 244K)

Enjoyed it

>doing one of the soundfrogs level for storymode
>there are kameks everywhere
>get to the end
>kamek turns THE FLAGPOLE into a coin
>it doesnt come back

Attached: 1.jpg (325x305, 22K)

kill the magikoopa and the flag comes back

yeah i just figured that out, phew

>"clans" are a thing even in fucking mario maker now

Hey bros, apperently you unlock the Rosalina outfit by clearing 3000 courses. I've looked into it online, but so far nothing really confirms it. Does anybody actually know?

Why would you want to cross dress as Rosalina?

Seriously take a break. You're a little fish in a big algorithm pond competing with YouTubers/twitch streamers and the shit they randomly promote or create themselves.

Sometimes your courses will randomly pick up steam, odds are many just won't and will get a trickle of plays. Just focus on having fun while putting out the best quality shit you can. That's what I'm trying to do and I feel like I've built a small following, several who I follow back who make really fun levels themselves.

Also post your courses (not connected to this cringe bruh) and just say "i need harsh criticism I feel like my shit is underplayed". Sometimes that makes people more comfortable giving you a longwinded rant about your level issues.

I was about to ask for help until I saw . That's kind of tricky.

Attached: D_taPptU8AEFnHJ.jpg (1280x720, 256K)

Yeah... What a loser... haha...

Attached: Red.png (439x452, 72K)

Being honest, I want it because I know most sane people won't even bother to get it. And just having something that says "hey, I don't have a life, but I got this sweet girly dress that dosen't really do much" is kind of appealing to me

Remember to have a cute girl mii for free extra likes.

The matrimony dress is what you're looking for

I boo all trannies.

he's obviously mentally ill like all the other fags

The what now

Thinking of getting a new controller because the Pro Controller D-Pad sucks. Found the 8bitdo controller that looks like a SNES controller. Anyone have any experience with it? Not sure if I should get the one with or without the extra thumbsticks.

Its a wedding dress that you get from a bronze spiked medal (3rd place in the world)

I heard those d-pads suck as well.

>playing with the dpad, ever
lel

>Course feels too long without a checkpoint
>feels too easy with a checkpoint

Attached: d17.jpg (600x906, 65K)

Now that looks impossible to get

You seriously don't know who I am or what I'm talking about. I thought it would be clear to who I was directing my post to, but I guess this isn't the thread to do it.
I'm not asking for advice from anyone but the people who know who I am and who they are. If you don't know what I'm talking about I don't know why you bother responding.
I'm trying my hardest to do something special and you can't even begin to understand something like that. This is between myself and those amazing creators.

Expert is definitely the best endless mode. You could make an argument for Super-Expert being better, but everything else is trash.

Seriously how do you get into hot or popular?
I see courses in popular with abysmal 50% like ratios and only like 20 plays that were made days ago
Yet I have more than that, a better ratio, am more recent and DON'T show up?
Why?

I'm not worried about it. The series was tough levels for experienced players, so the normie filter at the beginning was fitting. But yes, I am limiting the likes I get severely.

Toad's Discount Ski Resort
9R2-K95-1CG

Skeeball!
L9Y-C78-51G

Super Skull Highway
SNT-907-CSG

Just made a new level last night. Not really designed to be super challenging, just a fun idea I had.

Breakout!
1LJ-LNY-86G

how is anyone supposed to know who you are with literally zero indication. I don't recall any maker here acting or typing like this previously.

Attached: 155673411532622.png (266x298, 103K)

Is Mario Maker normally 59.99 or 49.99

I just picked it up from Wal-mart for 49.99 and they said it was always that price when it arrived but everywhere else I see it for 59.99

Maybe lucked out at that particular store

Okay boys, its up.
C70-LV4-DSG

Pretty easy level. By all means if you guys want to do something with the idea go for it.

Attached: bullet.gif (480x360, 482K)

:)
Appreciate the feedback!

>play Expert
>it's just Normal levels with bad design like leaps of faith and enemy counts just below the spam threshold

>someone comes in the thread makes it clear they have some actual form of autism by lamenting over some drama they made up in their head like everyone knows what they're talking about
>completely ignore all the red flags and respond to them seriously as if you even knew what the fuck they were talking about to begin with
Don't do this. Just stop responding to him before this thread spirals out of control.

>too easy with a checkpoint
A lack of checkpoints only makes things more tedious.

>not poking the schizo with a stick
you're no fun

I don't understand how anyone can get softlocked in this level, there doesn't seem to be a place where that could happen

Are you the parking lot guy? The guy with extremely difficult, pixel-perfect precision levels?

>play Easy
>all good, if forgettable, levels
>play Normal
>all good levels
>play Expert
>one good level for every five shitty levels
>play Super Expert
>do you honestly expect anything resembling good
Normal all day baybee

I have played over 380 normal levels and I don't think I played a single good level.

I made a gimmick level around this idea once in the original mario maker, I should probably do a revised version in SMM2 for gimmick points

Hi, amazing creator here. There are a few key things you have to do to make sure people play them over and over.
>that laughing sound effect on every trap you set
>invisible blocks over pits
>no less than 3 bosses at the end of every level
>make sure you have to carry something from the beginning of the level to the end to finish it
>auto scroll
>at least one random door that kills you after you go through it

There are more, maybe other people can help me remember them. Godspeed user.

I regret trying to be kind to you, go fuck yourself you weird autist.

C1T-JVN-5TG
"The Desertic Goombrat Fortress"

I got the game this monday and this is the first level I made. It has a lot of this fuckers in it cause I thought they are so weird its charming. Fairly standard course but I put some secrets here and there.

Attached: 20190717_182808.jpg (464x435, 51K)

>play Easy
>all good
lol what
easy is literally filled to the brim with nonsensical "lol here's a star and 500 goombas HAHAH XDD" levels from kids

normal and expert are good, rest is meh

What gets an instant Boo from you guys? For me it's:
>Any kaizo shit
>Enemy spam
>Troll thwomps
>Any leaps of faith/blind jumps
>Hidden blocks
>Boo rings galore

sniper thwomps, intentional softlocks, kaizo blocks and "pick a door/pipe, but if you pick wrong you die lol" in levels that aren't clearly marked as troll or in kaizo block's case as kaizo

I boo if I don't think there's an audience for the level. Some people like kaizo shit and the level advertises itself as that. I just skip it and move on. Some levels are mediocre, but I can see that the creator actually tried to make a decent level, so I just do my best to complete it and move on. But if the level demonstrates to me that the creator just made a level with no consideration for how a blind player would get through it, no consideration for obvious softlocks or cheese, nothing like that, then I boo it. It's just trash that will clog endless.

To think that maybe in a decade we might get Mario Maker 3D

>when Mondo leaves a nice comment on your level but you're a schizophrenic with aspergers so you derail a thread with your nonsense

Attached: 1553541360741.jpg (612x612, 73K)

I want to post my levels here so other anons can enjoy them but I don't want to be associated with this place

>but I don't want to be associated with this place
fuck off then

>can't boo a level in endless unless you die first
>does not show up in your played list if you skip it
Really sucks the satisfaction out of dodging that thwomp sitting right on top of the starting point.

Attached: 1440048234255.gif (352x200, 207K)

These plus
>Low effort "fight every boss, one at a time, in their own rectangle"

No one is going to associate you with Yea Forums but if you seriously think there's a problem with "being associated with Yea Forums" you might want to get your head out of your ass and leave. Literally no one cares. Those discord trannies threatening to dox you if you don't follow their standards aren't real people that matter. Stop trying to keep them sated. No one will know you post on Yea Forums or care. Anyone that does is a virtue signaling retard.

Yea Forums is as milquetoast as it gets. Facebook is raunchier than this place. Who gives a shit?

Eh, I'm okay with that. I can kill most bosses in seconds. I actually enjoy stomping on boom boom and bowser jr heads.

Big Meowser with a fire flower is tedious though.

>fight bowser jr
>attack him once
>spinjump in place
>free win

Attached: 62BEE50A-0BD4-4B04-9374-120E6DAD1A84.png (288x288, 56K)

What are some weed themed levels?
I love smokin some kush while playing the Marios

youtube.com/watch?v=wHwyca7gu7E

Attached: weedio.jpg (480x360, 36K)

Looking for feedback on (and someone to actually complete) my new stage

Bombs Away with Dry Battalion: TJC-19X-FNF

It's definitely a hard stage execution-wise so if that's not your thing I don't blame you but if that's your thing, please give it a look.

VT2-W11-HJG is my maker profile code, not gonna bother posting a list here, but feedback in-thread is always welcome. Let me know if you play one of my stages and I'll do the same.

>1/19 clears
>was shooting for 12-30% clear rate
oops

Attached: boolet.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

Clear rate doesn't say much, especially with that few attempts

If I play a piss easy level but then try to WR it 9 times while resetting that adds to failed attempts and dumps your clear rate.
Fortunately clear rate doesn't equal difficulty the course is put in.

Who are some good level creators to follow?
Not asking for Yea Forums posters by the way. I know your fingers are already itching for a chance to type in your own name while pretending it's not you again.

Attached: Super-Mario-Maker-2.jpg (1280x720, 238K)

Only Yea Forums makes good levels

unironically this

look at the top 10 popular courses and follow them, fag

Good advice

Attached: switchxswitch.png (1900x900, 658K)

>it's all boring easy levels that are popular because they have pixel art in the thumbnail
I don't know what I expected.

Attached: mariobongz0r.jpg (236x236, 20K)

So what's the consensus on Mario 3D World so far?

wow the camera fucking sucks for this

One miss and you lose the cat suit and die. Levels need to be stupid easy to even approach a 30% clear rate. I liked your level though, cool mechanic without resorting to cranking up the difficulty

When youre brainwashed into thinking not caring about anything is cool

the lava looks like chef Boyardee spaghetti sauce

It's hard to make a good level in it but if you do it shines

BASED

NSMBU has the most fun move set for Mario
prove me wrong you cannot

two nukes weren't enough

Mario 1 is better

you're right but the visuals are aids so noones ever going to use it except for autistic shit.

>it's a car level
>now you have to guess whether or not the level is made in a way where you have to keep holding forward
epic

>If I play a piss easy level but then try to WR it 9 times while resetting that adds to failed attempts and dumps your clear rate.
I think about 9 different people played it so far and only one cleared it. My guess is it either spooked some people on the new course list or got insta-dumped in easy endless on the first clear and needs to land in at least normal. That or I assumed something in the design that I shouldn't have, but the failure points are spread diversely enough to suggest nothing is too crazy.
I tried toying around to get it to go up higher, but couldn't figure it out.

Attached: 1506915248277.gif (480x340, 912K)

I may have been the user from last time, I liked the new version, but I think the moving parts were a bit much. I can see what you were going for, and I can see it working if used sparingly. I felt like I had to constantly keep jumping to maintain my footing, and the blocks moving caused some weird air control for me. I think the ones on the shorter tracks (3 blocks) need to slow down slightly. Twice I was killed while making my way to the exit. The abundance of moving parts made it hard to distinguish what was and wasnt dangerous, with only very small areas to stop, take a breath and evaluate what to do next. The level was clearer to explore this time, with the goal a lot more obvious, and I liked the generous use of the shellmet. I still gave it a like, it was fairly challenging in some areas, some deaths I felt were justified, a few not.

Attached: Yui wink.gif (500x310, 1003K)

NSMBU is used a lot though?

yeah by jap kids who make aids

Its not just a game if you want to make your own one day.

I've already got all of that information by playing every game miyamoto has made im pretty sure please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nobody even said anything about that.

I never really see it in Easy or Popular

You aren't wrong. Too bad its a pain in the ass to design anything easier than expert that utilizes it. That and the only aesthetically pleasing theme being castle.

>complete level
>decimate previous wr time
>boo it because i kept getting stuck at one part

Attached: 1863B8AF-98BA-43A4-9A5A-E9C8C6B29FEB.png (338x401, 201K)

>keep replaying a meme level until frame-perfect WR is achieved
>don't leave a Like

Attached: trpCvmT.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

Thanks.

>I tried toying around to get it to go up higher, but couldn't figure it out
it's a real shame, I was gunna suggest some scroll stop tricks but I don't think that'd help here since you're scrolling upwards. I left you a comment

this but unironically

I guarantee there'll be a few things you never noticed by merely playing the games so I still recommend checking out the dojo, especially the 'advanced' section.

PLAYTESTERS WANTED! SHORT THWOMP-THEMED LEVEL (Thwomp Swamp
>9ST-6NC-D2G
>Difficulty: Easy/Medium
A well-flowing level based on chaining spin jumps off of thwomps. In active development. I just added a second section so if you've played it before, please give it another spin and check out the new stuff!

Please let me know
>if you liked/didn't like and why
>any cheese you found
>were the indicators clear enough? did you know what to do?
>any suggestions

Thank you all so much!

Attached: thwomp swamp setup.png (1032x774, 1.53M)

>someone left the comment "oof" on my course
>go into the course to see if they posted it somewhere specifically
>it's not there
>their name doesn't show up in the list of people who played either
what kind of meme wizardry is this
have I been marked by the Mario Maker illuminati

Attached: 1511077508856.jpg (415x418, 109K)

>by playing every game miyamoto has made
but did you play Miyamoto's magnum opus

Attached: 1524721946003.gif (500x333, 1.65M)

Alright I'll do it and update you after so we both know, gonna start now.

heh kid you're on my list

sounds like you're about to take a big oof, chief. That's a real yikes from me, my dude

>it's an autoscroll
*skips*

Too many blind jumps. Half the time you can't see the platform you're supposed to land on, this forces players to guess the timing, which is already very unforgiving.

I'd appreciate some feedback on my newest stage:

Brittle Barracks
58D-9H3-4HF

Unironically one of Nintendo's finest

Attached: 1435174481775.gif (480x320, 159K)

>I left you a comment
lol I saw, thanks. Yeah, nothing I tried worked, not even resetting the camera with a door. It just shot right back up.

post your auto-skip lists anons:
>autoscroll
>enemy spam
>blind jumps
>trolls
>no indicators

only thing I can think of is to have the lava moving down instead of up, although I'm not sure if that'd still work correctly as it could cause the blasters to shoot too late. I suck at drawing in case it wasn't obvious lmao

Alright so I didn't learn anything but it was motivating. I think about game design pretty much every day so it was all stuff I've found out myself over time but like I said motivating and reinforcing the basics did help. Thanks

I just fapped to someone's course. Ask me anything.

Attached: 7LFEHo3.jpg (1018x728, 141K)

CODE

>It's an autoscroll level
>world record: 4'09

Course Id?

Attached: Bwah.jpg (411x316, 41K)

7HK-44L-NDF

KXC-P5Q-XLF

pls play thx anons

Yeah, those boo levels are pretty hot

Attached: 0c99ce2205b4da0e23116fde043480ce.jpg (1022x1000, 466K)

Am I the only one here who can enjoy every type of level?

lol I just got got by the falling chain chomp from the on/off switch, well done.

Anyone else hate when you can't be a speedster?

guilty honestly

Absolutely based courses

Did you get the WR?

>Difficulty: Easy/Medium
first jump alone is super expert

Attached: 1442011365138.gif (294x233, 459K)

sorry m8 I meant in terms of like, kaizo it's an easy kaizo (no one-block gaps, no precise jumps, no frame-perfect trips, no shell jumps, etc.) I should have clarified, I was jumping around that post adding stuff and forgot to be super clear. my bad

I just came across an RNG manipulation level. It's fucking crazy what people can come up with in these games

Attached: 1111.jpg (500x375, 37K)

Code?

4NG-YXX-LCG

It makes me ree when you guys bash autoscroll. In the right context it makes levels far better. People forget that like a 1/4th of SMB3 levels were autoscroll (all the Airships, many of the bowser world ones like the tank/ship one, the based Sky Land ones).

They're easy to fuck up but can be great.

Attached: ppara.png (313x291, 114K)

I hated them in SMB3, too.

Yeah, those are the worst levels in that game.
Fuck autoscrolls.

My Secret Shrooms: HMW-350-41H

Some above average difficulty platforming and finding some intuitive hidden blocks

Even as a kid the Airships were my least favorite levels

AS is only fun if it's a fast kaizo SMW speedrun IMO

After a long work day, I realize I didn't even anchor and instead replied to a guy whining about multi-level posts. Ironic.

t. retards who run at full speed to the right edge of the screen and surprised when they eat shit

I just unlocked a button up shirt for my Mii, and I can't believe Nintendo allows us to have our Miis show cleavage.

Auto scroll is does nothing but artificially inflate the difficulty of a level. I have yet to see it in a creative way that is integral to how the level is played. Being able to play at your own pace is part of the fun of platformers. I'm not one to just blaze through levels on my first go, but if I can find a way to get through hazards quickly and efficiently, it makes the level that much more satisfying.

Bursting cleavage is truly the patrician's fetish

Attached: 1408825031656.jpg (1024x1280, 1.03M)

Boss Blitz Castle
7WR-84C-FRF

Mount Brr Climb-a-thon
2W0-L3Y-3TF

That Overgrown Thowmp Hideout
CNQ-6DT-9GG

Triple Cherry Meowser Showdown
F9V-WGM-HLG

The Chocolate Temple
XR7-NGG-V0H

Wall Jump Wasteland (New)
YLH-3RK-91H

Ground Pound Arcade (New)
546-RP6-GJG

Hey, does this sound good? Feel free to use it, as long as you change the tileset at least but you don't have to.

I'm sorry if you Spelunky 500 was bad along with Barrage in contrast to how I talked about them. I'm gonna try my hardest from now on and try to make 5 levels for a wider audience with the goal to make them still compelling for people here!

Anyway, what do you think of this level concept?

Attached: 20190717_194704.jpg (5312x2988, 3.68M)

kek, its better that way

Oh no it was flipped I'm sorry

I thought that by placing the Fireflower, it could give the players a feel of power before the final monster, only to find out that the creature is immune to fire and instead they should run away and look for an alternative exit. But in someway, you're right since it's looking like everybody is using to pass through the monster.

Its all good. Still got through it even though I'm mediocre at best at kaizo levels. Bless you for putting a checkpoint. Nothing confusing about the level at all, knew exactly what to do.

Attached: thwomp.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

Autoscroll allows control over enemy/creature spawning so it absolutely adds to courses that heavily rely on that. Otherwise very easy for challenges to be fucked up by players spawning things "wrong".

You do lose the exploration aspect, but it increases the tension and adds a certain pacing so it's a trade-off.

Do I get anything good for getting 100 in Normal?

a kiss

*kisses u*
:3

Attached: 1411186988716.gif (500x240, 631K)

Attached: thwomp2.webm (640x360, 2.81M)

Thank you very much for the feedback, user! GG

Loved it! Gave you a star/comment/follow, this was a very enjoyable level with very clever setups.

Digital in sale when
???

Attached: D858bCJVsAAmpdu.jpg (612x612, 96K)

Yatta! How many attempts did it take you?

Also I'm going to post all my levels like everyone else does for once since I'm proud of what I've done so far I guess.

How many hours of MM2 do you guys have so far? Mines over 170.

---Metroidvania---
Chrono
SMW
KHB-093-9DG

The Spelunky 500
3D
HC3-MV2-HWG

(all SM1 from now on)
--Horror---
1-1 but Everything is Reversed
JDR-5BH-VMG

---Short and Sweet---
Mash
FF2-6DN-7XG

About Face
4S2-GS0-NKF

Barrage (Very challenging danmaku)
CMX-YDP-NLG

---Standard Chill Atmospheric---
Infinite Milkbread
50J-FMH-64G

I never really considered them blind jumps, I figured the coins did a decent enough job marking the course and where to jump but I guess not.

I liked your stage, but the bosses were a bit wonky, I wasn't a huge fan of them if I can be honest. Not difficult, just that they were a bit wonky to the point it was frustrating, like crushing the chomp with the thwomp felt like it needed to be more pixel perfect than it should, and if you fuck it up, the chomp gets pushed into you and you take damage right away, so that wasn't fun. The last chomp was a lot better in terms of tension and design though.

So, I want to play multiplayer, but since I don't hate myself, I just wanna download some stages to play with my roommate. Any recommendations?

Attached: mario-and-lugi2.jpg (2337x3060, 553K)

I cant get it to work, what am I doing wrong?

>using "Z" to denote a spinjump
Don't most people use L or R? Why not just make an "S" for "spin"?

use your phone for your level notes like an actual person

try my shmups:
NWC-L96-RWF
0DR-KYK-BGF

wasn't really keeping count, sorry. probably like 40 if i had to guess.

Dont download any yet, skim the newest with your roommates to find the stupidest looking ones to play

Did you change your control settings? It only works with the default controls.

Rs and Ss would be difficult to make, and Zs are more distinct than Ls. It's all about recognizable signaling.

Writing is calming, the noise and action. You should do it.

QPJ-461-STF
This one is basically Mario Party.

Yeah I did, got it to work now, how do people figure this shit out?

Attached: Nervous munch.gif (379x440, 140K)

No problem! Thanks for playing it, and for the webm's! If you liked it, you might enjoy 58X-WVG-QLG Galoomba Hills

youtube.com/watch?v=BJN8zW5a8i8
With lots of autism and experimentation. TLDR, player inputs affect RNG in this game.

who the fuck is mondo and why isnt xir leaving nice comments on my levels

Attached: 1539647160357.jpg (826x606, 106K)

Thanks for the feedback.
I suppose i'll move the thwomps a bit closer to the outer walls. That should make it easier to hit the chomp, and it'll give players more time to react if the chomp bounces off.

why are germans like this

Mash was hilarious, cool concept.

For Milkbread I struggled with the size. Felt like it was so huge and I didn't know where I was going (or what keys were necessary) to the point I lacked a sense of direction as a player. Your visuals are fantastic though.

so who is this?
Twoson?
Jenome?
Gardu?
Hoshi?

Raiding The Mole Rig: G7M-V12-5FF
My first, and most popular level. Pretty standard normal difficulty course. Moles and fish bones with an oil rig theme. Platforming/water level.

Night Hike To The Summit: L99-74T-TBG
Tricky jumps, windy section, and slippery section. I’d advise taking your time with this one. I tried to emulate climbing a mountain. I’d say medium-hard difficulty on this one.

Attached: 81B52C69-8F91-4456-A4B7-AD384091A905.jpg (1200x900, 110K)

mondo

>Almost every level on easy endless is boo worthy

Attached: Get out of my car.png (327x243, 52K)

I found it to be the opposite. Although they're brain dead easy, the majority of them were better designed than 99% of the hot garbage you come across in SupEx

no I mean who's the schizo user

it says Z right on the joycon trigger though

Attached: 1442270154310.jpg (811x780, 89K)

mondo

If Pea Pod shirt for 100 points in Super Expert is a hoax, I'm willing to bet it's a Toadette costume since I believe she is the only character we haven't seen cosmetic items for.

Attached: 1562719253070.png (2000x2000, 412K)

My dick

Really? I'm 50 in and all I've come across is flat levels, enemy spam and auto Mario, with very few levels of any merit.

>Don't most people use L or R?

It's fine if the maker's up front with there being kaizo shit, but it drives me up the wall when there's no indication whatsoever in the name or description.

that doesn't make sense

think about it harder

mondo commenting on his own level?

>does not show up in your played list if you skip it
Are you serious? I never even realized this.

why would anyone use l over z

I want to enjoy this. I really do. But when Bowser just jumps on me and I have no real place to go, it really sucks. I wish the arena was wider.

I think if you immediately skip it, it does not. But ones that you actually play in seem to. Or maybe it is only ones you die in, which also put them in the like/boo state. I haven't really fucked around to see how it works exactly.

Dude I appreciate that feedback a lot actually! I will work on making certain the player knows keys are optional in the future somehow if they are.. if you have any ideas on how to do that let me know. But yeah the primary focus on that level was to give the player a trip outside the norm, make something avant garde but standard at the same time. If I could go back and change it I would probably remove the bonus area or at least the key aspect to it.

Do you think for "Infinite Melonpan" I should just stick to a standard level with neat visuals -- nothing more? What would you like to see as a twist to the standard if anything as a player? Cause its hard for me to get in a more "meta" mindset for my levels when testing them.

Again thank you so much, I'm writing all this feedback down so it all helps.

it's because you're assuming
is mondo

no, I'm assuming and are the same user, right?

Why would they be the same person? The second post is clearly making fun of the guy he's replying to.

>there are undiagnosed schizos playing your courses RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1422791476446[1].png (254x240, 34K)

guess I misread it as referring to themselves in the second person rather than talking about mondo. Although I'm not sure how they'd know it was mondo if it was

Title: Snowy Speedrun
W78-V1R-82G

It's a short, easy and fun course.

Mondo comments nice things on pretty much every course he plays and people like to suck his dick here so it isn't hard to put two and two together

WWL-060-2GF
Title: Nessy

Not too hard. Not too easy.

do you think they have cute thighs

Just come to terms with the fact that you triggered some user's autistic breakdown with your nice comment, Mondo. Who else could he be talking about?

Title: Hot Rodz

TJC-9F6-VLG

First classic level. A little proud of it. Let me know what you think!

Pathfinding
>PN8-4D0-T0G
First level, never played MM1, please give positive feedback/criticism.

I think they're mistaking their aspergers for depression and gender dysphoria

I hope it's not mondo as I like his levels but that post sounds like he's losing his mind if so. Whoever it is, they're way overthinking it and are probably fine sticking to what they know.

No problem man, I know how hard it can be to understand how players feel when most just play and leave no comment. For guiding players one easy idea is using coins a bit more conservatively - limiting them more as a cookie trail for a specific path to follow. Also constricting the player back to a single platform point again after some time on branching paths more often could help.

Not trying to say you need to limit yourself at all to certain level types just my feedback as a first time player. Your visuals are already great but no reason that should limit you to just being a "visuals guy".

No one is saying Mondo is a schizo. I think you're just bad at following Yea Forums post syntax.

WHERE THE NEW THREAD

either I'm retarded or some of these posts have been contradictory

How do you kill a boo? Making something where turning backwards opens a new path but I dont want the boo bugging the player

A boo can only be countered with a like

Give the player a star

Great advice. I will utilize those two in my next level, the second one I never even considered

shoe or star

new