Why does Nintendo hate its fans so fucking much?

>constantly DMCAs the everloving fuck out of not-for-profit fangames that have a ton of love poured into them
>tried to jew the shit out of people who were making videos of their games and giving them free advertising on youtube (in fairness they killed this off after a while)
>especially tried to fuck over people that made speedrunning and romhack videos
>takes down ROM sites and then offers no (good) alternatives to play any of their games (even taking down their older stores and leaving people high & dry)
>worse yet, actively sources the ROMs for their half-assed services/micro consoles from the very sites they take down
>repeatedly deletes the levels of top SMM players with zero explanation (across SMM1 AND SMM2)
arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/07/nintendo-deletes-popular-mario-maker-2-level-for-unexplained-reasons/

Honestly, what the fuck is wrong with Nintendo? No other company has such a rabidly devoted fanbase, and no other company abuses the shit out of their fans as much. This is to say nothing of the other bullshit they pull, like forcing people to pay for online that is barely functional.

Attached: image.jpg (400x300, 18K)

The Japanese are autistic as fuck and literally can't comprehend foreign copyright laws, and try to enforce backwards, draconian, "protect the honoru of muh honorabur product," Japanese copyright laws. They get away with it because they're bullying individuals who don't have the money to hire a half-decent copyright/IP lawyer who can get the case thrown put with settled law. It's all just bullying.

They tried this shit with companies like Blockbuster and Game Genie in the 90s and got blown the fuck out at every turn because they can obviously afford lawyers.

t. Lawyer

I forgot to add:

>their OFFICIAL response to the lack of availability/accessibility of old games is literally "we don't give a fuck, they're ours and you can't have them"

Fair enough, but there are also Japanese game companies that don't anally rape people with anywhere near the vigor that Nintendo does--Sega, for example.

you may be a lawyer, but are you an ace attorney?

Because people let them? If their fandom actually cared about being treated like humans none of this would happen, they'd be scared of low sales and boycots.

Capitalism is at fault, they don't try to make the best games possible so they can push sequels, people that play roms and fan games are a small minority(most of the time) you have to supress in order to make more money.

Nintendo isn't a single entity
Its businessmen are really fucky and have weird antiquated or backwards ideas about what's good business and good for the brand image
It's also why the games never drop in sales, since that drop would cause the games to be seen as less valuable or less worthwhile and that hurt's the image that Nintendo puts out evergreen quality games consistently.

That's because Sega has no honor left to defend

Because you have to protect your IPs. This isn't Nintendo's fault, it's how the law works. They can't let other people make Mario and Zelda games.

If you want to get around it, work in secrecey and then release when you're done. But fangame devs are too big of attention whores for that. They are also retards for putting so much effort into these projects that have a well-established history of being shutdown once they're on the radar.

Sega was smart and caught on quick to international copyright law due to their successes in Europe and South America, which are relatively free/open and wild west with copyright, respectively.

Sega of America is also the main driving force of their games enterprises, so they benefitted greatly in the 90s from American CEOs rather than Japanese execs taking the reins in a foreign country. Granted that didn't last into the 00's, but it was good business until the Saturn launch.

>Attorney

Fuck that, I'm not dealing with jiggaboos who actively go out of their way to ignore every bit of counsel you give them and shoot themselves in the foot every single case. I'll stick to litigation my man.

Japanese corporate culture.

Sega is too busy fucking over their own games

Nintendies have Stockholm Syndrome, so the company abuses them on purpose to keep their loyalty.

Their modus operandi:
>abuses fans
>diminishes the abuse once it gains media
>fans: "See??? They love us, I knew it!!"
Nincels are like beaten housewives.

Attached: nintoddler bout to get whupped!.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Bashing Nintendo is alright, identifying as a nigger is not.

they're kikes...not actually jews but the epitome of the behavior one describes when using the insult kike. that's why pirating nintendo games is just about the most moral thing you can do.

Sega needs all the attention they can get to stay relevant

This. Gamers as a whole are consumer apes that will only complain when they're not being sold crap at a fast enough rate.

>constantly DMCAs the everloving fuck out of not-for-profit fangames
You know that like, practically every company does this kinda stuff right
Plus in a lot of those instances the creator starts "accepting donations" or something, muddling everything

I love how Nintendo protects its IP from lowlifes, and I especially love how it's not going to change any time soon. Every time I see someone stealing their IP, I am happy to know that Nintendo is looking for every opportunity to bring the hammer down as hard as they can. If someone creates something, it's theirs forever no matter what you think. Nintendo is doing God's work.

Yeah, I know what you mean fellow Nintenbro. I will NEVER purchase a game containing Nintendo IPs that lacks the Nintendo Seal of Quality. It is truly disgusting that bottom dwellers honestly believe they can create a better game than the master Japanese Gamesmiths at Nintendo. Honestly, Nintendo is merciful on fangame creators--they deserve to go to jail for a long time.

>>constantly DMCAs the everloving fuck out of not-for-profit fangames that have a ton of love poured into them
You never hear shit like this from other companies because other companies don't get shit made out of their IPs, everyone likes to use sega as an example, but is pretty much the only one they have.

This, but unironically.

>Nintendo Seal of Quality
Funny story: They removed the "of Quality" part about 15 years ago.

Attached: WellExcuseMePrincess.gif (120x113, 142K)

They don't. They realised that despite everything, as long as Zelda, Mario and pokemon come out, their fans will still lick their hairy balls to no end

This. And other companies DO DMCA people who do this shit anyhow. What do you think fucking Square Enix would do if someone made a fan DQ or FF game? They'd smack that shit down ASAP. They went after YouTubers for having "keyblade" in their channel names, of course they'd go after that too

>Funny story: They removed the "of Quality" part about 15 years ago.
Yep, sounds about right.

In fact, when people actually made a fan game of something non Nintendo for once with that Halo shit a few months ago they do got DMCA'd.

Everybody hates Nintendoniggers

>>takes down ROM sites and then offers no (good) alternatives to play any of their games (even taking down their older stores and leaving people high & dry)
This is just retarded. So what, they should just let people pirate their games? This is like complaining that you got caught downloading movies from the 80's.

>What do you think fucking Square Enix
To be fair, Squeenix is probably the 2nd most litigious game company after Nintendo. They're honestly even more autistic about their IPs than Nintendo, but naturally they're a lot less visible.

>To be fair, Squeenix is probably the 2nd most litigious game company after Nintendo.
No, that's probably Microsoft. They're quite aggressive about their IPs. And let's just ignore Square for a second, almost any company would do the same. Like Namco with Digimon or whatever.

fpbp
Nintendo is constantly trying to enforce japanese copyright laws outside of japan. Said laws are strict as fuck (I don't even think they have fair use).

Lol if you could make your own game, this would be a non-issue. You lack talent.

>This is like complaining that you got caught downloading movies from the 80's.
Except there are generally fucktons of ways to get your hands on movies from the 80s--they get rereleased all the fucking time, or are otherwise available through 50 different streaming services.

Meanwhile, Nintendo shuts down ROM sites (which are often full of content that isn't Nintendo-based in the first place), then offers no other way to get your hands on the games. Practically nobody would be complaining if Nintendo just hosted their own ROM site where you could pay for games, or even some kind of viable streaming service ala Netflix. Instead, all they've ever offered are completely half-assed solutions that, at best, only represent a tiny, tiny slice of a given console's library. Virtual Console was the closest thing they ever had to a respectable marketplace for old games, and they shut that down and fucked over the people that bought into it.

Your only other option is to buy ancient game cartridges and aging hardware (that Nintendo obviously won't profit from) from several decades ago that continues to break down and become more rare as the years go by, and which often have enormously inflated prices thanks to autistic collectors. Even then, some physical copies of games are so rare (or even nonexistent) that it's flat-out impossible to play them without playing them through a distributed ROM.

You
Have
To
Protect
Your
IP

Especially from autists.

I understand that it's inconvenient to get the games through legal means nowadays, but I still don't think that excuses rampant piracy. I don't think Nintendo needs to let ROM sites live just because they don't have all their NES games for purchase on the Switch store. Plus, frankly if you know what you're doing you don't need the ROM sites, and on top of that there's still ROM sites. I downloaded Banjo 1+2 from one yesterday in fact

But, my dad has a bigger peepee than me, and it's not fair!

>blaming Nintendo of Japan
>when NoA is the one who handles stuff like this 90% of the time

There is nothing wrong with a company enforcing copyright.
Also boohoo, those poor youtubers that can't earn money shrieking over footage of Mario bing bing wahooing or whatever.

>I understand that it's inconvenient to get the games through legal means nowadays
The point is that, in many cases, it's flat-out impossible or outside the realm of reality for the average consumer to obtain these games legally. Hell, even IF Nintendo created a comprehensive storefront for downloading or streaming retro games, there are fucktons of old games that were developed and/or published by companies that are long dead, and the status of their IPs are pretty much in limbo and will always be impossible to access. Honestly, this isn't even a Nintendo specific problem, but Nintendo is the one company that goes so fiercely after ROM sites.