What are your thoughts on the Gears franchise?

What are your thoughts on the Gears franchise?

Attached: apps.50620.14565520547155837.76c631a2-d46a-4fec-919c-156721842159.565bed12-d3fc-4cbe-ae39-706f8c1622 (1440x2160, 981K)

Gnasher.

Play the first then stop

>comically macho franchise
>was always so macho people made fun of it for it
>start chugging onions, feeling of weight is gone, everyone's running around like it's Uncharted, everything that made it unique is removed
Making a LADY a protag is juts the final nail. They already fucked it all up in 4

Is there a 5th one already? I haven't been keeping up

It was never that good. Bland third person cover shooter with weak innacurate weapons. Shoot at endless waves of enemies while standing behind chest high barriers.

Attached: 1560695505837.png (2417x1254, 2.52M)

I played the first one on PC, it was pretty cool for its time. Played the second one on 360, was ok I guess, but I never touched anything past that point

It died after 2.

It was quite literally one of the first cover shooters in general

What is it even about now?

>everyone's running around like it's Uncharted,

What?

Whoever made this obviously hasnt played like half these games. DR3 alone belongs in top tier

The tech test is pre-loadable tomorrow!
If you're a gamepass owner on PC it's in the Microsoft store for 15GB.

t. got shit on by a wall bouncer

Not even close.

Too fast. Shit used to be slow, movement had weight to it. 4 and 5 are too fast.

>Dude let's double down on that extremely popular female character from Gears 4 that everyone found very memorable and cool
What were they THINKING

This is actually pretty true in regards to sales. 3 was a big drop in sales and it never recovered really since.

Looks the same to me only with more fluid animations. You still can't even jump in these games so how is it Uncharted?

trash

I don't play games for the story, I play games for the gameplay. Gears was always slow and boring like a lot of 3rd person shooters.

>What were they THINKING
>We must be brave warriors of virtue! Financial success is not important!
the same thing every hyper liberal millennial was thinking just look at DICE

oh no no no no no no

Attached: xcuck delusions.jpg (1600x783, 464K)

Back in the day the original trilogy was cool as hell. Though I tried to go back to 1 a little while ago and it doesn't really hold up

Judgement was terrible

4 was okay but too safe

The lead up to 5 has just been terrible and I can smell a flop happening (though MS will probably pretend it's successful through its gamepass numbers)

The entire Multiplayer is so overrated

It should die with x360. Everything after that is trainwreck.

The first one was great.

Then Halo 3 released and I never played any other gears games.

Too fast. Shit used to be slow, movement had weight to it. 4 and 5 are too fast.

Console garbage for mountain dew chugging tapout t-shirt wearing retards.

Good for it's time but now they're just dragging it out. It's generic cover based shooting and it feels a bit dated.

1 and 2 were good, later games not so good.
However Army of Two did cover shooter much better.

Attached: 564_980.jpg (980x554, 87K)

1-3 were great with 3 having the best and most fun multiplayer, everything after is shit and given to Canucks.

la goblina de las americas...

1 & 2 were great. 3 was so fucking bad that I lost interest for sequels. 4 looked bland, 5 looks like I might check it out since it's coming on the xbawcks pass.

I'll play the story because fuck it why not. Going to skip the multiplayer.

It's fun, one of the games i have the most time on is gears 3
been playing since they came out and i enjoy the multiplayer in all of them
campaign gets shitter as they go on but you only play those once anyway.
despite liking them though i hate the esports garbage they shove down my throat

How was 3 bad?

>weekly reminder that the same company who made these games made Fortnite
If this isn't a better example of the pussyification of our youth I don't know what is.

Attached: gears3.jpg (1080x600, 130K)

>game mechanics are about ripping new assholes to buff monsters and running around in massive gear
>main character, while being female isn't a stick-looking wimpy teenager child
Her looking a bit butch is only a good thing, nigger. I remember in 2 or 3 when they first had female cogs, they looked so fucking out of place for doing same shit as the bodybuilder dudes.

3 was pretty great though. I don't understand your opinion.

Stop after 3
Coalition is just as bad 343

This

The atmosphere just wasn't there. Something had shifted with the aesthetics and storytelling. The gameplay pacing felt different, some of the new enemies were super lame. Original 2 felt more meaty and grounded, 3 felt like fanfic of sorts that tried too hard. Mentally, I gave up at the point I was fighting some sonic-like metal plated rolling locust in an empty random concrete pit.

>Gears
>Woman
>Not war anymore

Drpped

No it’s not, dyke.

Yes it is, incel, Have sex and dilate or something.

>Not war anymore
Gears of gears?

>xbros are unironically calling this a ue4 benchmark masterclass in visuals
god they make it so easy to make fun of them

Attached: b7250485e0e083a6ca61c0b14487ec18.jpg (1912x1018, 1.15M)

Was alright, never really played them outside the horde mode that was in one of them.

God the multiplayer maps design in Gears 4 and 5 are shit.

Is the multiplayer still retarded shotgun-tag as it was in 1 & 2?

>tfw you are in your 40s chad snuck out again after a night of drunken sex

Yes they've gone back to that borefest instead of evolving what Gears 3 had which was every weapon was good and more variety. All of that is gone in favor of eSports fucking cancer that it's been pandering to.

>dead rising 3
>top tier

its absolute bottom of the barrel garbage

Epic made GOW 1,2,3.

>everything that made it unique is removed

Everything unique about it has been adopted by literally hundreds of other games already.

been dead since 3 even though most people would say 2.
it's just a zombie franchise like DOOM at this point.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT Yea Forums I JUST WANNA WIN ONE TIME!! JUST LET ME WIN ONE TIME AAAAUUUUUUUUURGHHHHHHHHHH WHY DOES MICROSOFT KEEP FUCKING IT UP IM SO TIRED OF BEING AN XBRO I CANT FUCKING TAKE THIS LOSING ANYMORE!!!

Attached: 20180719224103_1.jpg (1653x800, 541K)

Died after 4's mcu tier writting.

Escalation is a fucking brilliant game mode you hack

what a surprise

Attached: file.png (467x220, 14K)

the eternal leaf strikes again

>Literally just KOTH with 3 rings and weapons placements
Real original eSportsfag

Attached: 1556231267410.jpg (413x395, 32K)

>Losing team adds weapons
>Can come back even if the enemy team is 1 point from victory and instantly win by capping all 3 rings
>Longer spawns in later rounds favoring methodical play over raw skill
Yeah, it's actually fucking brilliant, some pub shitter that never touched it couldn't possibly give an educated opinion about it

Keep telling yourself that eSportsfag

Attached: 1550812873073.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Good thing you gave up arguing the points and stuck to smug photos so we know you never actually touched it out of fear of getting completely manhandled for 7 rounds in a row

...Faggot. Unless your making huge amounts of money your a faggot gamer who needs to neck yourself

Attached: 1555329529854.png (128x128, 29K)

My thought is that they should stopped at 3,

who even cares about Gears anymore?

>Casuals are a good thing now
???

>Being a casual that phone posts.
Yikers m8y
Imagine being so afraid of facing someone better than you you act smug about not even trying.

Attention shoppers we have a lost boy in the eSports section, can his mother please pick him up.

Attached: 1537799688665.png (293x319, 111K)

Attached: 1559265776248.jpg (326x294, 18K)

1v1 me faggot scrub, you won't because you're a pussy, talk your big game on Yea Forums

Attached: 1561727633233.png (801x724, 852K)

State of Decay 2 should be much higher

This. 2 was the last time I remember ever having fun with these games. Everything after 2 was a mistake.

Gears... of War? There's more than one? There's... 5??

So, instead of edgy 12 years olds, they cater to dumb 6 years olds now

>edgy 12 years olds
I'm 26 and if you don't think turning someone into fucking mulch with a point blank shotgun blast is the most metal shit ever you're a fucking pussy

You should stay off Yea Forums kid before you embarrass yourself even further, that's a good boy .

Attached: 1516611882807.gif (700x298, 3.67M)

Eat a bullet. Your fucking embarrassing.

Attached: 1555973411762.png (640x401, 571K)

Ugly girl. Why is she so over-marketed?

Can't have this on 2019 son.

Attached: file.png (1920x1322, 3.95M)

Because coalition want out of making Gears forever so they sabotaging this game by making overly sjw being extremely loud about it a even getting on anti tobacco deals so they made a buck out of it.
While all the while throwing the cuck director under the bus.

Attached: file.png (1270x2080, 2.08M)

>It's another Klobrille trying to shill this turd episode

looks like a cover for a medieval game

That makes no sense, that studio was created specifically to make Gears games, just like 343 and Halo.

>Questioning conspiracy theories.
People are acting like anyone gives a shit about smoking, that's your first indicator this outrage is fabricated.
The whole "STRONG WOMYN" thing is a downer but I'm hoping against hope this game is merely setting her up simply to be the big bad for 6, because that's what it looks like considering she's a descendent of the Locust Queen and that artifact is fucking with her mind

>that studio was created specifically to make Gears games
Actually not true.
The Coalition used to be Black Tusk Studio and were working on a spy game set in Shanghai until MS cancelled the project after buying the Gears IP from Epic.

I should try this again. At first I didn't care for it but looking back it didn't seem too bad at all. At a time when EA was actually putting effort into new IP's and it is a shame that didn't last long.

Our youth shouldn't be playing violent games like Gears anyways.

go back to tumblr

It still exists?

Why is sea of thieves top teir.