Do you prefer the classic AC or games or the nu-AC games? Looking back...

Do you prefer the classic AC or games or the nu-AC games? Looking back, was Origins changing things up a mistake or a good thing?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/775430/Discovery_Tour_by_Assassins_Creed_Ancient_Egypt/
youtube.com/watch?v=JXztmsPqB4s
youtube.com/watch?v=XFFyOgUDEkU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>old games
utter garbage
>new games
utter garbage
wow it sure has evolved

>inb4 asscreed nostalgia fag strikes again

>We will never have Black Flag but with the RPG structure of Origins/Odyssey

It hurts so much bros

Attached: 346346436.jpg (700x1244, 85K)

1 and 2 were decent for their time, and i'll attribute alot of the parkour elements found in alot of games these days to those games. That being said, their gameplay hasn't aged well and all of the games since then have just been getting progressively worse. The best thing to come out of AC is the boat combat, and that isn't exactly what it set out to contribute.

1 was fucking dogshit and everyone thinking otherwise was probably 10 year old when it released, you could fucking fall asleep playing that shit, piss easy, repetitive as shit, and god awful combat, Hitman is how you should make stealth games.

Black Flag was OK because you could pretend it wasn't a asscreed game for long portions of the game and that was the peak of the series.

Don't understand all the hate for Odyssey, I played it on the hardest difficulty and had a blast the entire time, sure it's nothing like the original games but still fun and not as bad as people make it out to be.

Isnt the game like 100hours long

I didn't beat Unity, it was complete shit and so never went back to the series after it. All games before I thoroughly enjoyed so maybe the deserved a second chance but nah

Maybe around 60 if you do all the side shit, havent touched the dlc tho.

Unity. Black Flag. Rogue.

The pinnacle of Assassin's Creed.

Attached: Assassin'sCreedTier.png (1393x1126, 1.07M)

I don't care about Assassin's Creed but have been thinking of playing Origins because I am a Ancient Egyptboo. Can it be enjoyed just as an stand alone ancient Egypt adventure or do I need to understand the 500+ other games to get anything from it?

You don't need to play anything beforehand, you can jump right in.

Keep in mind that Origins takes place in Ptolemaic Egypt so it's not quite Ancient.

Assassin's Creed Unity is one of the only games in the franchise worth playing and revisiting. It's the last good game in the series as well. There's much more emphasis placed on stealth gameplay. Assassin's Creed Unity is more of an evolution of the original Assassin's Creed. Chain killing has been removed, though you can still parry and stagger enemies in open combat. Unity has plenty of weapon variety and customization options for the character. Pole weapons, axes, one handed swords, maces, cleavers, much more. Though you have to enter numerous sub menus just to change your gear. The game needed some sort of radial menu to swap out weapons.

The story isn't too bad either. As a character, Arno doesn't amount to much more than a retread of Ezio in Assassin's Creed II. I liked the situations that Arno was placed in, however. Unity was pretty interesting if you find the time period of the French Revolution interesting. For a good chunk of the game, you're on the side of the French Royalists who defend the monarchy. Some missions have you doing activities such as destroying letters of correspondence between King Louis XVI and the Parisian leader of the Assassins, there's another mission where you put a stop to an assassination attempt on King Louis XVI, and you bring an end to the Reign of Terror when you capture a stereotypical demonized Robespierre. In Assassin's Creed Unity, the Reign of Terror is portrayed as though it were some sort of Templar conspiracy to gain control of the middle class through paranoia. When Unity first released around the end of 2014, there were a few leftist French critics who condemned the game for fueling counter-revolutionary narratives, but Arno speaks in favor of the French Revolution when he talks back to his assassin mentors from time to time, so the game isn't wholly counter-revolutionary.

Attached: 1456540391976.jpg (1920x1080, 1.62M)

Shit tier list, here's the good one.

Attached: tier.png (908x614, 306K)

>Contrarian the image

Black Flag 2 Brotherhood and Origins all are great, rest can suck a dick (and i bought Unity when the patches were out)

Its the first AC game in the timelne really so go ahead

It's a natural course of action for conspiracy theory cliches (Unity's depiction of the Reign of Terror) to come about through a counter-revolutionary narrative, and conspiracy theories are part of what made the original Assassin's Creed compelling. If anyone claims that Assassin's Creed Unity is purely counter-revolutionary it just exposes that person as short-sighted.

If there is anything weak about Unity's story, then it all comes down to Arno and his Romeo/Juliet romance with Élise . Arno is born to an Assassin father, then later on Arno is orphaned and the Parisian Templar leader adopts him. Arno's adopted father has a daughter (Élise) and she eventually joins the Templar cause while Arno follows in his biological father's footsteps. Even though Arno and Élise are of two different factions they love each other. As the French Revolution comes to a head, the Parisian Assassin leader and the Parisian Templar leader wish to secure their power structures so they sort of come to a temporary truce. And with Arno as protagonist, we see the story through his eyes and he longs for the days of security from his childhood. That's also why Unity gives the impression that the populist revolutionary movements are wrong, though some of the antagonists in the game have compelling viewpoints. There was plenty of nuance in the story. Arno was just too weak of a protagonist. Ezio playboy 2.0 doesn't fit this type of story that well. A more ideologically driven protagonist could navigate the mess of the French Revolution and find a better alternative. Unity raised a lot of questions regarding stagnation, extremism, corruption etc but everything gets swept under the rug in favor of Arno's romance with Élise.

Attached: 1513980114926.gif (268x268, 1.73M)

Unity is gorgeous and it's a shame they rushed it and outright scrapped all the things it did well in the sequels.

Attached: ACU_2019_07_16_15_47_07_758.jpg (1920x1080, 1.17M)

Unity is truly the worst game of the franchise.

Filtered contrarian

Attached: 1542664656214.png (450x489, 74K)

Don't buy the main game, just play the Discovery Tour mode
store.steampowered.com/app/775430/Discovery_Tour_by_Assassins_Creed_Ancient_Egypt/

>first AC game in the timelne really so go ahead
That would be Odyssey (for now)

Good taste user, The rest of these fools dont get it.

Am I only person who genuinely enjoyed and looked forward to the present day shit?

CRINGE
BASED

All Asscreed games are shit.

Best list

shit list
decent list 7.5/10

Haven't played but I heard that game has nothing to do with the Assassins, true or false?

ac1 isnt a stealth game it's more about subterfuge.

Is odyssey really better than origins? Wanted to try those AC rpgs but i prefer Egypt to shit Greece

Attached: 4141421412.jpg (511x844, 50K)

Despite all the outrage for Unity, in the end it was just a fucking boring game. Black Flag was alright but the AC parts of BF were the most boring ones too.

Plenty of those were around, nowadays it's gotten ridiculous though and everybody including modern day fans deservedly hate it.

Based and creedpilled.

>1, 3, and Unity above literally any Ezio game

Attached: 1562898466254.jpg (1280x708, 193K)

I feel like it's the better game overall, Origins laid the ground work for this new style and Odyssey built on top of it. Though I imagine which setting you like more will play a big impact as well. If you really wanna try them out you should start with Origins either way anyway.

I enjoyed the older games more than the newer ones...

...back when the entries were new and the concept still somewhat novel.

If I were to play them now I would enjoy the newer ones more than the older ones.

I've only played 1 and 2, of them I liked 2 more but I feel like 1 is the only game that actually executed on its promise of making you an assassin, the actual assassination missions were big in scope and had things actually happening in them, they were so far ahead of the shit ones in AC2 where you're just drifting around killing randoms. From the looks of it, AC games after 2 have only gotten more action focus, there's literally no focus on setpieces or big grand assassins.

Don't get me wrong, AC1 is a deeply flawed game, gameplay loop is definitely a huge one. But the assassinations themselves were the best part of that game, so it's sad that the one truly great thing about it is what they leave behind.

Attached: 831812.jpg (220x274, 23K)

i liked ac1 the best because there was (an albeit rudimentary and repetitive) investigation system and you were the blade in the crowd who came out of nowhere, killed the target, and vanished. when it came time for the assassination the game said "okay there's the guy, have fun" and set you free. but instead of fixing the problems with it like making investigation more in depth, making side missions much more involved and more unique, making stealth more of a thing, making guards more dangerous, fixing combat to not be press counter to win, etc. etc. they just turned the next game into batman where you had a gadget for everything. the whole modern plot and twcb was also entirely needless.

Are the newer ones really just Assasins Creed but its actually The Witcher 3? How are the side quest and open world? Is there fun shit to do?

ac1 was cool at the time because the closest thing was prince of persia, and not only it had better parkour how it was also open world and had much better content
ac2 greatly improved ac1

after that it went downhill

Unity goes back to focussing on assassination and stealth.

Attached: ACU_2019_07_16_15_32_01_173.jpg (1920x1080, 1.36M)

Isn't Unity basically what you are asking for?

Unity is also fucking dogshit just like 1

Attached: 1549271537436.png (458x373, 240K)

beats me i stopped playing the series during 3 and never finished it or went back to it.

"Unity bad" is such an NPC opinion, kind of embarrassing honestly.

The newer ones are only Assassin's Creed in name. They are cheap Witcher 3 knock-offs, but that doesn't mean they are bad. They are certainly enjoyable games. But do not expect too much, the side quests especially in Origins are very "eh" and not really memorable except for 1 or 2 and the open worlds while gorgeous are just eye candy.
Overall they are alright, if you are interested in open world games and want to have some mindless fun + have interest in their settings you can't do anyting wrong with them. Be prepared though, they aren't exactly short.

good summation of why i dropped this series. so much wasted potential.

3 is so shit it's understandable, but know that in 4 you'll have a great pirate game and in Unity a game that truly had AC1 as the inspiration if you ever feel like going back.

Play Unity
youtube.com/watch?v=JXztmsPqB4s

Attached: 1542716599300.jpg (1920x1080, 1.73M)

It was my third PS4 game and i regret getting it horribly, it looked great tho.

I could say the same about Unity being good

Then i ask why Unity is good? Because it was like the old ones, thats it.

What AC should I play if I only played brotherhood and odyssey? I liked brotherhood way more btw

I loved how Unity plays like classic AC but the game is horribly optimized. Paris and the crazy amount of NPC is immersive as fuck.

All AC games are garbo

Origins was fine but they went too far with Odyssey. Way too much busy work and the ship combat sucks.

Is it playable?

Maybe 2, but it's Brotherhood's predecessor so it won't be as fleshed out. Other than that nothing really. Maybe try out 4 if you like pirates.

Oh, could you stop with the fucking hyperbole. The game is far too competently made to be labelled as "dogshit", you silly man

>ubisoft checklist camps
>level locked "missions"
>forced grinding
>braindead fetch quests (both side and main content)
>no real missions

They're the worst in the series by far

After the patches, sure. It's not perfect but I wouldn't call it unplayable anymore.

I forgot to say, I got the ezio trilogy not long ago and played them each for like 20 minutes because I found the gameplay dated. That was before I played odyssey

>actual unpopular choice
>>cRInGe
>same boring thing everyone agrees on
>>BaSEd

youtube.com/watch?v=XFFyOgUDEkU
>Unity in top tier
>2 and Origins in low tier
>Brotherhood in shit tier
>Odyssey in S
>1 in B
>Rogue in C
Both of you zoomers go back to summer school.

Would still tell you to try 4 if you want to give the series a chance still, but other than that yeah, the series isn't for you I'd presume.

>linking that faggot
He has 0 idea about the lore and Odyssey didn't break any rules.
>m-muh dialogue wheel
Go back

>defending Odyssey
Gas yourself.

>new game BAD
Take your own advice.

>new game GOOD
>can't explain why
Fuck off shill.

>expects me to start explaining when he's the one who started the argument
Retard.

Odyssey is Origin but improved, so you can freely start with Origin and then go on to Odyssey if you want

>well you see your Honor I would explain to you and the jury why my client is innocent but I'm not gunna because you're all retarded
Take the rope, it's your only hope.

This, but don't marathon it or you'll tire yourself out quickly.

I seriously miss the Qanon stuff they used to have. That shit was so interesting

play Revelations for more Ezio or Black Flag for something equally if not more fun than Brotherhood

They're pretty much equal on my scale. Sure, AC2 is objectively the best blah blah but I personally don't feel more attached to the title than any other one I have played in the series. Except the one where you play the twins in London, that one was utter shit.

I like the dialogue and crafting systems they used since Origins. Fools us even more into believing the games have actual depth and aren't just shallow collect-a-thons. It's supposedly an ARPG now, akin to The Witcher. Yeah, sure. Whatever.

That photo mode was an unnecessary addition and if you feel the need to defend it, you might as well just end yourself now. That fucking "pick a character and listen to dudes explain the pyramids" mode was way more appropriate and necessary. Missed that shit in the latest one.

>That fucking "pick a character and listen to dudes explain the pyramids" mode was way more appropriate and necessary. Missed that shit in the latest one.
They're finally getting around to putting that mode in Odyssey now.

Odyssey ?
Yeah, nothing to do with assassin's order at all, no templars either

As the title claims, it's an origin story. No, the Assassins do not exist as an organization yet, but their precursors who act just like them do. I guess they changed their name centuries later when the crusades happened. They smoked a little weed in Masyaf and people started calling them the Hashashin. Same goes for the Templar. They're some kind of Egyptian death cult that got out of hand Game of Thrones style. Why and how they came to change their name is beyond me.

Whats the chance we get another pirate AC but with the RPG gameplay of Origins/Oddysey? God id kill for a game like that, Risen was close but sadly it was from post Gothic 2 Piranha bytes so it was dogshit

That is based as fuck.

There have been constant threads like this for like a week now. Either some autist being too far gone to stop, or ubisoft sending drones to shitpost.
The basic formula hasn't changed, the games are still tepid collect-a-thons with horrible combat.
Fuck you.

The best real Assassins Creed game was Unity, and it was really good (when the bugs were fixed).

But even if it's "nu-AC", Origins is still far better than Unity and all the others for me. My only real problem with it is those two hours near the end, between killing the last target and going to Cirene, where the story makes absolutely no sense. But the rest of the game is top tier. Havent played Oddysey yet but for what I have seen it looks worse than origins.

Imagine a less autistic Kenshi with a more restricted world to allow for a better story. Perfect AC RPG for me.

All ass creed games are shit.

>That photo mode was an unnecessary addition and if you feel the need to defend it, you might as well just end yourself now.
Calm down. It's just screenshots.

This is objectively correct and all other opinions are wrong.

Attached: A866881C-AADA-45C5-8CB8-C69964DD8473.jpg (480x553, 36K)

Origins was comfy as fuck for me. The egyptian setting and the egyptian spin on the music was kino. Seeing the pyramids in the distance or other ruins was really fucking cool

If I were for sure going to play one of the two, should I play Origins or Odyssey assuming I have no preference of setting?

Pretty damn low, Skull & Bones is your best bet for another good pirate game.

Black Flag is still the best one, then AC2 collection.

Odyssey is a more complete experience.

Origins. Feels like a they put a bit more effort into it. I remember if there were even any new gameplay features in Odyssey, but just in case, you should start with Origins to not be frustrated because something's missing.

Origins is the better game, better story, locations feel more varied

Based
Cringe

>actually playing asscreed
What the fuck, niggas. The last tolerable ac game was Black flag because you could not do ass creed stuf and be a pirate.

*don't remember

Shit game.

Attached: 1539355839986.jpg (1282x1441, 572K)

>muh political identity
Become interesting.

Until Origins came out, Ubi was just remaking AC2 every year, so I'm inclined to say the change was good by default.

you're shit,
goodbye

oh no the world will end even though the narrator clearly says it's not correct noooo

Odyssey sucks shit. Game is overloaded with tedious side quests to tempt players into purchasing time saving microtransactions (enemies are basically damage sponges for the same reason). One large monumental grindfest. Combat is clunky and cumbersome rather than efficient. RPG dialogue choices are either be nice or be some twat, there's hardly any nuance. Modern day story is worse than it's ever been before, they reboot it and still don't do anything else aside from same old treasure hunt for pieces of Eden. Pick your character was just a stupid test for a female led-story. More people picked Alexios anyway and Kassandra makes no sense for Ancient Greece. Odyssey has characters who exist in the story that lived 400 - 600 years IRL before it takes place. Characters are more cartoony than ever before. Mythological monsters take place in story, implied to be real. Large scale battles are simplified and historically inaccurate. Story barely touched on anything related to Ancient Greece beyond le epic 300 Sparta kick!! XD

>Constantly bombarded with new gear you have to inspect and swap out/upgrade/sell/scrap
>Constant have to hunt for crafting materials and money
>Everywhere you go you're bombarded with side quests and objectives. It literally takes hours to finish 1 small part of the map.
>Have to upgrade ship, hire crew, kidnap enemies to add to your crew
>Infinite Mercenaries hunt you down and constantly teleport to you no matter where you are
>Have to minmax stats and perks just to be able to 1-hit assassinate enemies on hard mode
>A whole cult system with it's own clues and side quests that seems to be completely optional but eventually mandatory

This game is so tiring to play. Fuck Odyssey. Origins was so much better. Ubisoft Quebec is a trashy developer.

I want more of ac3 and unity's open world style, mission and story structure, and less of modern ac where the parkour is pathetic and lacks any personality and style like from Unity and Syndicate, hate the pointless surface level dialog choices, the character pick a character as your Mc and the character changes tone every two dialog choice, the heavy focus on leveling up and your hidden blade or spear, has to be leveled up considerably to get one hit kills, or you have to do the incredibly unsatisfying hold button to assassinate someone, why is that even there? Just let me make the damage tagt ability has normally, the lack of mystery and wonder every time anything isu related shows up, it's just there, and everyone talks like they're from the irreverent mcu, I don't like the the more fo us on combat, the lack of social stealth, the broken whistle, and awful outpost designs that barely encourage stealth play with all the bushes around the area. There's just a bunch of stuff I dislike the direction the series is headed, and everything feels like is directionless and hasn't been earned, all the new lore stuff being interwoven into the overall plot feels careless, we have no clue what's happening in the modern world, the isu and their tech are now laying around everywhere and easy to find for the public, this goes for Origins as well, Alexios just knew parkour and leap of faith from the very beginning without any explanation, there's so much shit that Origins and Odyssey have scrambled up
Ranting nonsense...

>Infinite Mercenaries hunt you down and constantly teleport to you no matter where you are
Fuck this
>Clearing out a fort
>Suddenly 3 mercs and their pet bears and lions show up to murder me
Sucks having to constantly go onto the map menu and pay off bounties.

>AC1 above Syndicate and AC2
Nigga, I love atmosphere, but it can only do so much for a barebones game.

following the witcher 3 formula with loot and skill progression system was the right thing. thinking back at the mindless monotony of the side objectives of old games like AC2 (i.e. flag collecting) you have to wonder how anyone could tolerate playing it through for anything other than clearing storymode.

>doing story missions and side quest missions
>kill story related enemies
>BRRRRRWAAAAAON
EVERY GOD DAMN TIME
Fuck I wish I could turn them off or turn them off for story missions.

I also hate the level scaling in this game, they are always a couple levels ahead of you or behind you, ALWAYS, there's literally zero progression in this game no matter how many times you level up, or how low or high you turn the level scaling.

>running from mercs
>actually paying a single drachmae on bounties

really?

Attached: 1531521611728.png (609x561, 314K)

if only there was some way to play the game without rasing bounty on every step like a total nigger

I liked both games. I thought Origins was a better game but when I played Odyssey I had an itch for a grindy loot fighter. Making numbers go up is the whole fun of the game. Thus despite the fact I thought Origins was the superior game I ended up putting 3x more time into my playthrough of odyssey. In the end I put in a comparable amount of time in Odyssey to my playthrough of Witcher 3. Fort clearing and map completion is fun. Getting massive crits is fun.

>breaking the lore
I honestly don't care because Odyssey is my first AC game I actually enjoyed.

I will always love the modern day shit

>Bounty Hunter spots me
>I kill him
>another Bounty Hunter arrives on the scene because they directly path straight towards the character from across the country
>by the time I kill this bounty hunter I now have max bounty
>Bounty Hunter 8 levels higher than me rips me to shreds
>mfw this all took place in like 5 minutes

the fact bounty hunters path directly towards the player in a straight line is the dumbest mechanic and is so fucking dumb

Attached: 1528071964084.jpg (750x488, 44K)

Fucking this. It’s like they’re pissed about having to play the game or face any sort of challenge lmfao

>hide in small patch of grass almost in front of mercenary
>go on literally second he passes
I don't understand why people have so much gripe with Mercs, unless they join in during a fight or story mission, that is bullshit indeed

>Not killing everything that moves until the bounty disappears

Attached: heh.jpg (1275x1136, 95K)

I want to enjoy Origin but there are too many black characters.

>t. Ubisoft Employee no. #3517672
Kys you fucking shill.

>playing legacy of the first blade
>here's a more interesting story that you don't get to play but watch behind a glass and is shrunken down into 3 episodes

>focuses more on neema and Alexios and later his son while Darius is doing cool assassin shit
>the first "hidden" blade's origin of its creation is told casually with a throw away line
Why couldn't we just get a Darius AC game instead of Alexio's? the story is already done, you just have to build a game around it, one that focuses on more stealth and parkouring and less on rpg stuff and combat.

>hide in small patch of grass
>he passes
>the AI will only leave the player to like 30m then will turn around and path to you again

go on a perch and literally watch the bounty hunters run straight towards you, go past you, then turn back around in an infinite loop

They can't write a story for shit
Seriously that vanilla game ending was garbage. There's like 5 missions that really stands out

never happened to me
maybe it got patched or I just never waited for Merc to turn around

Goes both ways

Why would anyone want to play the nu-AC game when The Witcher exists?

they're all shit just like every single ubisoft open world.

you gotta have real bad taste to like ubishit open world games.

This
Fucking retarded, I prefer the Origins mercenaries design better, so tired of the endless sea of mercenaries killing the flow.

The first game was little more than a tech demo for what was to come.
With that said, the story and tone (the later which got lost in subsequent games) kept you on it for one playtrough.

Attached: AssCreed.png (986x1378, 1.73M)

unity or syndicate

black bad! :(

Literally all they need to do is 1 update to fix the AIs to not path straight towards you, but look for you in like a 500m range.

How the fuck does some retard bounty hunter know where I am when I'm a fuckin elite assassin?

Attached: 15380750_1231257613622702_7359223427965714829_n.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Stop pretending The Witcher is any less casual that AC. They're both incredibly easy to cheese and neither has a good story.

Origins is actually pretty decent gameplay-wise but I'd still rather be playing a pirate game. I'd play a mix of the two without the shitty Assassin vs Templar shit.

but origins is the same shit

Why the fuck do people rank Unity as better than Syndicate? Syndicate is literally the exact same engine but it has way better and more varied gameplay. It's just a polished and better version of Unity.

Also that WW1 campaign is fucking kino, closest we'll ever get to the fabled modern day Assassin's Creed, since the series not only decided to rocket centuries into the past, but also plays like a garbage grindfest button masher game where stealth is more devalued than it in shit like Far Cry

Attached: vebzlnewgxv01.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

the witcher is an AC clone. eagle vision, fast travel... prove me wrong, fanboi.

you hear loud BWOOOOOOOOOOM when they're close, you can see them on map, you can see them on a compass, so can tag them, you can even see their paths if you mark them on map, why is it such a problem?
evade Merc is the easiest shit ever, especially later in game when you have certain perks

Attached: ac.png (366x631, 302K)

all the games have been shit since 2. Black flag being the only exception

2, brotherhood, and revelations as one package is amazing. AC3 is also one I like but some people swear it's bad. AC4 is pretty damn good as well. These are the only games in the franchise that I really like. I wanted to try out Origins and the newest one, but I don't know if it's worth it.

I played 1, 2, Brotherhood and 3. The only one I enjoyed was 1. It had minimal handholding and tutorials, just gave you a mission and dropped you off in a huge sandbox to figure it out. No gear, no inventory screen, no currency, no RPG mechanics. 2 & 3 are bloated disasters with non-stop interruptions. They don't feel like sandbox games at all.

Origin felt clunky to me. 2 felt boring. Installed 3 and liked the starting character until i was forced to play native american wewuzer shit

this is called asinine taste

All assasin creed games are trash and you are faggot

that is objectively incorrect.

Whatever ill play what i enjoy and so will you

>caring about lore after Ass 3

but you're still gay ayyy

The only game that matters is the unreleased Bannerlord.This is objectively true

>mount&blade
if you're some kind of pc gay with no taste

I dont identify with you faggot Yea Forumsirgins