I love Phoenix Wright as much as the next guy and would love to see him in Smash but I feel his moveset potential is...

I love Phoenix Wright as much as the next guy and would love to see him in Smash but I feel his moveset potential is extremely limited. Most of his moves in UMvC3 were funny to look at but were completely scraping the bottom of the barrel. The blue lasers, the spirit fingers, and the searching for clues shit was kind of garbage. It's obvious they were struggling to think of fitting moves for the guy. How do you make a moveset for this guy that doesn't just blatantly still from MvC?

I'd love to be proven wrong, honestly. I just think he ain't going to make it. Professor Layton has a better chance and I believe his chances are below 1%.

Attached: Phoenix-Wright-Trilogy.jpg (1160x653, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/
trends.google.fr/trends/explore?geo=JP&q=/m/0d7_l1,/m/05szy_d,/m/017ygf
pastebin.com/Z6vXQrFp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based

The problem is that he's pretty low on the list as far as Capcom reps are concerned. Layton would be cool but it's extremely easy to make a good-looking Mii of him.

This is what I don't understand about rosterfags who want Phoenix. First of all, he's a niche character from a niche series. That's a fact. He literally has no fucking moveset like you said but even that wont stop these faggots because then they'll just say shit like
>b..but Captain Falcon and D..Duck Hunt
thus never ending the shitpost. His inclusion is so fucking unlikely at this point but his fans will continue to say he's a good pick. The same for the Shantaefags and the Reimufags who I'll admit are far worse but nevertheless. None are making it in. You're probably getting Doomguy, or Crash, MAYBE even a Playstation mascot character. Who knows. To me it's always obvious who has a chance and who doesn't and I haven't been wrong yet.

I think that applies to a lot of characters, I think the ones that really did their origins justice are Kirby, Dedede and Megaman. I'm sure if you looked at specific pieces of evidence from the games you could get some more stuff, but from his animations alone I can think of about 3 attacks that could be used in varying ways.
Apart from MM and SF, the only choice I can think of that even competes is Monster Hunter, and imo that's a piss poor choice because it doesn't have a set character to rep it.

>Monster Hunter
>only viable choice for a Capcom rep
My nigger do you know anything about video games

Attached: mario is a nigger.png (308x296, 8K)

>You're probably getting Doomguy

Attached: why is this the image i end up using all the time.jpg (460x259, 23K)

Are you trying to tell me the Godfather of FPS is not a good enough choice for you, zoomer?

Attached: Doom Guy.png (592x795, 355K)

So confident of this that if I'm somehow proven wrong I'll lick your hairy sweaty fucking balls.

Sounds like a win/win for you

He would be of it wasn't for the fact that Japanese people are making the game.

But Sakurai himself acknowledged that John Carmack is a big name.
>Internationally, you have John Carmack, the father of FPS’s, as well. As a generation, a lot of us were directly impacted by the dawn of the PC and the home gaming console.
sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/

>He still uses the moveset potential meme.

If anything, it's the characters often criticized for "no moveset potential" that bring in the most new to the table OP. Remember "Space Peach" and "mini Bowser clone"?

FPSes are still incredibly niche in Japan, so it's pretty ironic how you dock points off Phoenix for being niche when the people making the game probably find Doomguy even more niche.

I think it's about time for an announcement for a new AA game. What better time then to reveal it alongside his smash reveal?

Sakurai chose Incineroar because he wanted to add a grappler, and added Robin over Chrom in 4 because he wanted a spellsword. So yes, moveset potential is very much a thing. It's not the case for every single fighter, but it is if the character embodies a playstype that Sakurai is interested in.

>Neutral Special: Present
Phoenix throws evidence he gathered with his Down B at his opponent. When he doesn't have any evidence, he will present his Attorney's Badge instead, which only does 1% damage. (literally what i thought of user, you are me)
>Side Special: Luminol Spray
Similar to Piranha Plant Side B. Phoenix sprays the luminol on the enemy, which will turn white for severals seconds. If you hit him, you get more knockback than usual.
>Up Special: Stepladder
Phoenix summons a stepladder, scales up it, and leaps off. On the ground, it can be knocked to either side for massive damage. (this is obvious)
>Down Special: Proof Seek
Phoenix lowers to the ground, where it can find Proofs. Proofs change in damage. He can store up to 3 proofs.
>Final Smash: You are Guilty!
Basically Phoenix saying "It's clear that the murderer... is you!". It would be cool if it changed based on some characters, like villains (K. Rool, Ridley...) with a special dialogue.
>Side Smash: Objection!
You know it.
>Up Smash: Examine (Take That!)
The blue quadrant from the series spawns over your head and deals damage. Vertical direction changes based on charge.
>Down Smash: Desk Slamming (Hold it!)
Phoenix spawns a desk and pounds on it, damaging both sides but not the ground.
>Forward Air: Sneeze
Literally a sneeze. Discrete hitbox.
>Back Air: Spiky Hair
Phoenix tilts his head behind him, dealing heavy damage to the opponent. Very precise hitbox.
>Down Air: Suitcase
Phoenix throws a hard blow with his suitcase. It can spike.
>Up Air: Point to the sky!
Phoenix points his finger into the sky.
>Jab: Similar to luigi dash attack in some way. He's not a fighter after all.
>Dash attack: He moves forward beating a paper. Not strong hits, probably a combo starter.

He has throws with magatamas only.
Taunts are Maya, Miles and Apollo.

Not the dude from But its true that Wright is more popular in Japan than DoomGuy but in the rest of the world, Doom is clearly more known and Nintendo and Sakurai just started to please "overseas fans" and clearly gave a shit about the west (Ridley, even if he's from Metroid, a Nintendo game, was mostly requested by the west since Japaneses didn't really care about him.)

Ridley was more popular in the west, but he still had a presence in Japan. Doom is nothing there, and sure, it was influential for the West, but every character in Smash so far has a presence in both the East and West. And it makes sense, because Nintendo for sure wouldnt want to alienate its home market.

I can see Doomguy in if he's paired with Reimu, who is well known in the East but niche in the West.

>he's a niche character from a niche series
Series that sold over 7 million copies. Not niche at all. You are just ignorant and retarded. There are far more niche character already in Smash.

>niche characters
Tell me at least 3 (Three) "niche" THIRD party characters.

>Doom is nothing there
I wouldn't say that. Even if he isn't popular, he also has his presence. Sure Doom 4 only sold 50k-100k but we don't know about Doom 1 and 2. The fact that PC gaming is kinda niche there and especially fps, Doom still has his own community. It got his own Japanese Megawad and even a fan artist. Plus according to Google trend (Not a sure website but still, to give you an idea) Doom Isn't that unknown, it's not far from Metroid and way more big than Banjo-Kazooie (plus if you notice, Doom also got a little peak between 9-15 June, time from the Nintendo direct.)

trends.google.fr/trends/explore?geo=JP&q=/m/0d7_l1,/m/05szy_d,/m/017ygf

So still, some Japaneses care about Doom. Not a lot, but sufficent to make it a community.

Attached: Japan doom.png (640x480, 44K)

Banjo and Kazooie
Joker
Bayonetta

Easiest thing I've done all day

Nice to see EvasiveAce here on Yea Forums too

And if you consider Bayo first party, then Shovel Knight. EZ

He has a much higher chance than you think. Also:

>limited moveset potential
>duck hunt dog and Mr game and watch exist

They'd come up with something mate.

>Doomguy is likely
>Reimu isn't
>When both are considered unlikely by shitposters for the exact same reason

> Everyone is ok with him in, who more and who less
> Always sold on Nintendo consoles
> Goofy and weird character that's missing from the roster since fucking wii fit trainer
> Sakurai likes the series
> Niche but everyone knows him for the memes

Attached: pwsunglasses.png (546x407, 183K)

>Banjo and Kazooie
More like an icon and fan favorite, either way more people recognize Banjo Kazooie than Phoenix Wright. Banjo with it's two first games has like 4m+ while Phoenix has 7m across two dozens of games.
>Joker
Persona is not a niche series and actually sells, kill yourself.
>Bayonetta
who the fuck cares about Assist Trophies.

I win

No, you absolute fucking retard, you mental midget, you monarchical arch-sperg. I would love it if Doomguy got in. My preference is Doomguy > Phoenix Wright > MonHun dewd. But it's not happening, and if it is happening, it's happening because they know people won't expect it.

Bayonetta
Banjo
Joker
Hero in the west
Mega Man as of recently
Castlevania as of recently

The things I would do to this semenus demonus.

Attached: __karuma_mei_gyakuten_saiban_2_and_etc_drawn_by_suzuki_hayase__d9b3389a53c3d6f6352f030c71a3fbdf.png (550x733, 232K)

Not even a Phoenixfag but you faggots need to stop. You shitty fanrules are off the table. Cope.

Attached: 6191ccb9b18e3fb272b511d042472f26.png (1499x686, 60K)

>Hero in the west
99% of the characters in smash are japanese, get fucked.
>Megaman and Castlevania
Multi million franchise and iconic franchises, how high are you?

That's why I said as of recently. Retrogaming in itself is niche

Who the fuck gives a shit about Google Results, obviously Ace Attorney gets more results because the franchise still alive, and the discussion that you could have about banjo kazooie died before the internet was a big thing.

But Castlevania and Megaman still have games that aren't retro, so not because they have "retro" games it means they are retro forever.

It's not only results, it's relevancy and popularity in general, Ace Attorney have been consistently more popular than Banjo and equal to Bayonetta since 2 months after the first game came out, so obviously more people would be familiar with Phoenix Wright
And don't even get me started on Reimu which you mentioned as well. I agree for Shantae though, since this series is literally nothing outside of rosterfagging, but AA and Touhou are easily big enough to get in and wouldn't be the least deserving 3rd parties if they did.

>Stepladder
user, I think you mean Ladder.

Banjo Kazooie is pretty well known though. If you didn't have it, you at least saw your mates play it back in the late 90's.
Everyone also thinks "Nintendo and Rare" with it, I do even after nearly 20 years of the rights being handed to MS.

MS knows this and I guess they saw the opportunity to finally give the characters a proper revival. MS seems to be trying hard to fix it's gaming corporate interests lately, they're even reviving shit like age of empires. MS wouldn't have seen the opportunity back in the day because you didn't have social media showing how popular the games were in reality. They just had the sales alone.

Sorry user, but i am not the user you are talking about (Reimu, Shantae), even still I agree with that Touho is popular enough but you can't EVEN compare Touho with Phoenix Wright in terms of popularity, is not even fair.
You can't also put a number on "popularity" between Ace Attorney and Banjo because Banjo Kazooie is a dead franchise, so there's no way to compare them two in the present time.
Banjo Kazooie Still is a more ICONIC character than Phoenix Wright and that's a fact.

kek

idk, Banjo outside of rosterfagging always seemed pretty forgotten, honestly I'm convinced the reason he got in was so rosterfags would buy the pass.
I do think Phoenix Wright is unlikely but it's more due to his lack of moveset material than anything else. I don't think 3rd party characters should have made up movesets like Falcon, because the point is that they bring in elements from their game to Smash.
I don't think AA lacks popularity tho. Especially not when Bayonetta got in.

I'm surprised the game allowed bayonetta at all. I reckon if this game was released in the early 00's, mothers would have it rated "for mature" just because of her.

Banjo is more ICONIC because the company that made the games, made other guy games too.
Even if is somewhat forgetten it doesnt mean it isn't iconic, just look at Pacman, not popular recently but still pretty damn iconic.
Even in previous polls on Smash 4 wanted Banjo to be in, people wanted to see Banjo kazooie in the spotlight again after all these year.
I can bet Sakurai used the Ballot votes to choose fan favorites newcomers.

That's what I'm saying, Banjo was the rosterfag pick, truth is he's not especially iconic outside of the Smash community. I mean, he is, but not as much as rosterfags think.

>truth is he's not especially iconic outside of the Smash community
Even my baby boomer parents know Banjo Kazooie because they thought "guh huhs" and "hweeeeeee" noises they heard from our games room were terribly amusing. That's a bit like pac mans own quirks desu.

if you definition of "rosterfag pick" is "iconic character that everyone wanted to be in" then i agree with you, Banjo is a rosterfag pick.

Banjo is not iconic in 2019, ask anyone who doesn’t already follow Nintendo youtubers or the smash community and they wouldn’t know who Banjo is outside of Smash.

Banjo is irrelevant garbage that almost no casual knows about.

Persona 5 barely sold 2.5 mil, the entire series probably no more than 5 mil. It's more niche than Ace Attorney. You got fucked mate, take it like the tranny you are

pastebin.com/Z6vXQrFp
I thought the whole thing with Joker was that his moveset wasn’t faithful though?

It's faithful but it's just not as interesting as it could be.