Mario and Zelda take new directions to their games while still keeping the core feeling of the series...

>Mario and Zelda take new directions to their games while still keeping the core feeling of the series, critically acclaimed and beloved by fans
>new Fire Emblem has majority of fans hyped, looks to have an unprecedented level of content for the series as well as potentially the best story if spoilers are anything to go off of
>Daemon x Machina devs drop a video where they showed how they took criticism from the demo and addressed those issues for their E3 build
>Metroid Prime 4 development literally restarted to ensure the game is the best it can be
>Animal Crossing delayed for the sake of pushing out a better game

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pokemon

Attached: 1543830440399.png (755x236, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/88184-same-sex-relationships-confirmed-3-male-and-5-female/page/16/#comments
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm buying all those games full price on release including pokemon

Attached: 1524790774174.gif (1221x768, 699K)

Doesn't matter, we finally got our waifu gacha.

Attached: pokemon-masters.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

>new Fire Emblem has majority of fans hyped, looks to have an unprecedented level of content
It looks more n64 than actual n64 games

I just wish the art direction wasn't so shit for FE.
I don't mean the textures, though that is a problem, I mean the ACTUAL art/character direction.

I genuinely don't get the complaint. The characters look fine to me.

Please understand, game development has always been difficult. As technology advances, small studios like Game Freak struggle to keep up with increasing demands. We are poor, and trying our best - it's not as if we make a lot from Pokemon, you know. 33% of what the most profitable media franchise in the world makes might seem like a lot, but I hope that you believe me when I say it isn't, and that you shouldn't look into this any further, and just believe me when I say we're incapable of doing any better. While you will not be able to import all of your Pokemon, and we have removed features like Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, we have made efforts to include new content that fans are going to love: did you see Dynamaxing? Now your favorite Pokemon can be bigger! And we now have an open-world Wild Area for you to explore - however, please ensure that your Switch remains in docked mode during this part of the game, as the demands on the system will prevent Pokemon from spawning in handheld mode, and may cause the game to crash.

Please enjoy purchasing more of our products.

Attached: MASUDAA.jpg (770x598, 64K)

Prease undelstand
Game Fleak smarr indie company onry 1 yen to name
We lemake arr oul moders just fol you

At least it looks to have gameplay to make up for it

I get the shitty school designs, but I love the timeskip designs.

Attached: 3H.jpg (949x1603, 338K)

>bootleg persona
lol no

Pokemon games are suffering under the success of Pokemon GO. It was so successful that the Pokemon Company now sees mobile gaming as a lucrative avenue for Pokemon. That's why so many official Pokemon mobile games have come out recently, and Pokemon Masters is receiving a huge amount of support (rivaling Sword and Shield itself). After all, there's the chance that one of these new mobile games will blow up like GO did. Because of this shift in focus, Game Freak worries about the possibility of console Pokemon games becoming relevant, so it splits its workforce between Sword/Shield and its new game, Town. Because of that, Sword/Shield, which needed more work & money put into it to begin with, is now suffering from a complete lack of workforce and results in the new title being even more lackluster.

I've been a skeptic regarding Pokemon for the longest time; I've thought that Pokemon needed more effort put into it for ages now. However, the opposite is actually happening. Since Gamefreak doesn't want to die out if they can no longer guarantee Pokemon money, they're unintentionally shooting themselves in the foot by diverting resources away from Sword/Shield. If things keep going like they are, one of three things are going to happen:

Console Pokemon games stay as they are; gradually degenerating and losing popularity until they're shades of their former selves,

The Pokemon Company decides console games aren't worth their cost any more and divert their attention to shifting the series onto mobile, or

Nintendo and the Pokemon Company turn their attention to other companies to make console Pokemon games.

While Gamefreak has been settling with mediocrity for a hell of a long time, I don't think Sword/Shield's state is entirely Gamefreak's fault.

Attached: Woooloooooooooooooooooooooooo_8c675a_7127126.png (1200x1255, 760K)

More similar to Sakura Wars rather than Persona (timed choises are also from there). And that's good.

Gamefreak is a literal who corporation with almost no money so you can't expect much. Pokemon isn't that big of a media franchise anyway. Sword and Shield looks good when you set reasonable expectations along the lines of a small indie studio. Expecting high quality would only be reasonable if they were one of the wealthiest and most prolific studios in gaming, but that's not grounded in reality.

Meanwhile the LGBTMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ crowd just whines about not having enough gay options in Fire Emblem. After getting 8
forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/88184-same-sex-relationships-confirmed-3-male-and-5-female/page/16/#comments

Pokemon has grossed more than Star Wars. It's a huge franchise.

I find that really hard to believe. Everyone has heard of Daisy Ridley. I can barely think of three Pokemon.

Modern WoW offers 10x as much "content"
That doesn't mean it's good content

So pillpill me on the new FE. Is it still just an excuse to ship a bunch of characters together, or are they actually putting effort into the tactics again?

It was OUR turn! The whole game could have and should have been gay!

>Zelda take new directions to their games while still keeping the core feeling of the series

Attached: 1504960234372.jpg (600x341, 20K)

There's no actual shipping. Your MC can marry someone, but you can't pair off other characters and there are no child units well, unless you decide to fuck a dad
Early reviews seem to indicate that Hard mode is actually a nice challenge, I'm really looking forward to it.

Attached: 1544396815862.png (500x512, 299K)

no it doesnt, because old content gets instantly invalidated by design.
actual content released these days is pretty damn sparse.

High quality animations

Attached: 1562880320122.gif (500x262, 686K)

t. never played Conquest Lunatic

No shipping this game besides the MC and that's only towards the later part of the game

Friendly reminder that there is absolutely no reason for Pokemon to change course as long as it keeps selling 15 million a game.
You had your little reddit temper tantrum for SM, you had one for USUM, you had one for LGPE, you're having one for Sw/Sh, and you'll have another one for USw/USh. The market doesn't care, you don't even care because you'll buy the game anyway. If you think more than a few ten thousand people actually make use of the national dex you are insane.

>Pokemon games are suffering under the success of Pokemon GO
I'm going to stop you right there and remind you that Pokémon's decline started with XY, long before Pokémon Go had released (in fact, it hadn't even been conceived at that point). Pokémon Go's popularity couldn't have possibly started having an effect on the development of the mainline games until USM, and the games had long since gone to shit by that point anyway.
No doubt the increased focus on mobile will hurt the series going forward, but it can't really be blamed for the current state of things because we've been well on our way to this point for years now. This is all on Game Freak themselves.

Attached: WoofBarkBark.jpg (670x496, 37K)

Yeah Pokemon are just a bargain basement knock-off of those Tamagotchi aren't they? I mean they have to depend on appearances in Smash Bros because they can't get their own fighting games like Digimon Rumble Arena.

No game is complete without a strong female trans-queer robot in a hamfisted gay romance plot with a draconic loli. The whole series is fucking ruined because IS refuses to recognize the validity of Sexual Reassignment surgery in the medieval era and shit. Don't these bigots know that sir Lancelot himself wasn't just black, but had been born a woman?

And I had to google who Daisy Ridley is, despite having seen the movies.

The thing is that both Star Wars and Pokemon heavily rely on the licensing opportunities that go beyond the core products (movies for SW, mainline games for Pokemon). The toy market for these things, for instance, is really huge and in many ways is one of the primary forces behind the respective media franchises. We might not care about those toys ourselves, but each new announced mainline entry starts a huge cog with the production and planning of extended media. Thus, even if the movies or games end up lackluster, the other markets are there to pick up the slack.

>30 hours of gameplay
>15 hours of 20 fps cutscenes
>15 hours of support conversations
>10 hours of jerking off to your waifu

and with 3 campaigns, that makes 210 hours

Nintendo has no controll over Gamefreak.

shut up kike

IntSys isn't Nintendo owned either, just has a good relationship with them. It's just gross how shoddy a job nuGamefreak can get away with on their games just on brand alone.

Gamefreak have always been a pack of lazy niggards, the success of Pokemon Go means nothing to the mainline Pokemon games.

Gottem.

>or are they actually putting effort into the tactics again
If that were the case they'd be making Advance Wars. Enjoy your waifus

You're implying Advance Wars doesn't have its fair share of waifus.

Colin can take me on a date and not pay the full price of the dinner anytime.

SHUT UP user! YOURE JUST FUCKING ENTITLED!!!

PLEASE UNDERSTANDU, YOU MOTHERFUCKER I BEEN SAYING THE SAME SUCKING THING WHY THE FUCK THEY DONT FUCKING UNDERSTANDU, DELETE THIS FUCKING SHIT NOOOOW, NOOOOOWWWWW

Attached: 1561767280631.jpg (244x250, 6K)

While fair, I think XY get a little bit of a pass, being the only games where
>We had to recreate 1000 pokemon from scratch
is a legitimate excuse

How? Did you not play Smash Ultimate? Daisy Ridley was the biggest addition to the roster since Melee.

kek it really is sun and moon 2

You got me there.

It's not really an excuse there either because none of the models were actually made by Game Freak themselves.

Has any previous Pokémon game had so much lying to cover Game Freak's asses before? The excuses they've had just for killing the National Dex keep getting worse.
>"oh, uh... we did it for competitive balance!" (the giant Pokémon shit flies in the face of that)
>"wait no I mean we did it to improve animations!" (demonstrably false, tons of reused animations)
>"well you see, we uh... Had to remake the returning Pokémon models! Yes. That's it. They wouldn't 'translate' correctly. There, that oughta hold the little S.O.Bs..." (people have compared the topology of models we can see up close from footage to rips from 3DS or LGPE, and found that mesh wise they are 99-100% identical, and SwSh is just changing textures and materials)

no, but people never put so much pressure on them either.
expect more bullshit as they keep calling gamefreak out.

If modern social media had existed back in 2002, people would've flipped their shit hardcore at gen 3 removing cross-gen Pokémon transfer.

people were more accepting of that because it was a console generation switch.
now that everything connects to the internet there's no excuse.

ORAS's post-release interviews were really bad

Seriously what is with these queers and their need for attention? "I buy games just because there's a gay option"

Attached: Gameplay? What's that?.png (1279x663, 195K)

I don't get why they give interviews anyway. You'd think they'd realize that they only make themselves look worse each time.

To be honest, when was the last time a Pokemon game was actually good?

Black White 2

japanese are awful at PR.
I remember when team ninja held a special conference for dead or alive 5.
everybody thought they'd get some new content announced or maybe a sequel. those guys went on stage and then announced that DoA5 is not getting any support anymore. thats it.

it was a live burial. NOBODY asked for that.

Fates acknowledged their existence, that opened the floodgate.

>when even the Japanese are "a fucking white male"

Attached: Japanese are white.png (1246x651, 311K)

>Mario and Zelda appeal to casuals, have to pay for difficulty modes that aren't for children
>fire Emblem is waifushit and too cinematic
>Daemon X Machina learned NOTHING and the game is still running at a horrific 20 FPS
>MP4 is canceled, they'll never show any footage
>Animal Crossing is not a game, it has less gameplay than Gone Home or Uncharted

As a Switch owner, I feel greatly disappointed. I have a PC and I love it, so I can't hate fun or video games. I guess I just have high standards.

I hate fun. It's for fucking casuals.

It's all the same money pile.
And making the models is less than half of how you make pokemon anyway

>watching cutscenes and having to pay 20 bucks for a hard mode is now "fun"

Yikes

You misinterpret me.
I wasn't defending anything, I was simply stating my disdain for fun. Such a thing has no place in Vidya. What Vidya is about is hate. The hate you feel when the developer uses bullshit tactics to pad out their game. The hate you feel for all who cannot compete with you. The hate you feel for the pandering to minorities. Vidya is about hate, and hate is what I do best.

>The hate you feel for the pandering to minorities.

Attached: im-projecting.jpg (486x330, 95K)

I remember that. It was insane.

Creatures made the models, texture, and animations

ORAS, my man
>Battle Frontier
>Game Corner
>Delta Episode

>you'll buy the game anyway
I'm not even going to pirate it, nice try though you dumb shill.

Is there a continuity between Fire Emblem games? The only Fire Emblem I played was on the gamecube.
Can I hop into this new one without playing the others?

Attached: fug.jpg (480x360, 11K)

And don't use defenses that can easily be refuted instantly by the very fucking material you yourself put out. It's nice that Nintendo likes to show off their games so often and publicly, but Game Freak needs to just be told to shut the absolute fuck up.
I have no illusion that SwSh won't sell well, but I hope after release it at least gets fans to finally have the same epithany that Star Wars fans had after Last Jedi and start actually being more widely critical of their franchise.

Some of them do but the new one is standalone

FE1 and FE3 (and their remakes, 11&12) are direct sequels. FE2 and the remake, 15, is a sidestory to those games with some references. FE5 is a spinoff of FE4, and both are set in the same universe as 1/2/3, but it's not plot relevant. FE13 is set a few thousand years after FE3 with lots of references. FE7 is a prequel to FE6, and FE10 is a sequel to 9. FE14 is a different universe, but has some shoutouts/MIGHT be set many thousands of years before FE1, but it's mostly not relevant. Outside that, the others are standalone.

>outs myself as being more ignorant than most grandmas to own the pokemon players

This thi