Everything between midgar and city of the ancients is boring

>everything between midgar and city of the ancients is boring
>end of disc2/3 blatantly rushed
why do people still suck this game off?

Attached: 220px-Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art[1].jpg (220x218, 15K)

Going through the game for the first time, I found Midgar to be more of a slog than the rest of disc 1. There's lots happening, but the fact that there's very little character progression (few materia, barely any equipment) and that numbers do not go up at all (or barely) makes it feel like you're stagnating, battles-wise.
Fuck the minigames every two minutes, though.

They don't, it's widely considered the most overrated RPG ever

Cosmo Canyon is the best. fuck off faggot

Zoomer thread

What’s more overrated, this or chrono trigger?

ff7 for sure, CT's low points are minimal at worst

Agreed, I just wish my chrono trigger save didn’t get corrupted while I was at the very last stage of the game.

Both
FF7 was for the most people the first psx rpg, while CT was the for snes people.

normie goggles

Because of the time when it was released, if you play it for the very first time today it will seem like shit to you obviously.

Whilst I loved Chrono Trigger, FF7 stood out to me more. I actually preferred Secret of Mana over Chrono Trigger because of the amount of times I played it with my brother and cousin, we loved that game.

nah that was ff6 for SNES in the west

people still suck it off, that's the problem

the people who praise it up and down probably had it as a kid, didnt play games after about 8th grade, and since it has been years all they really remember is midgar on disc 1 and the sephiroth final boss fight. I just played it for the first time ever on the switch port and it is a good game. not amazing, and not in my top 10 jrpgs though

Games stood out more back then I guess. In 20 years time I probably won't remember many games from this year.

>He wasn't a kid in 1997
>He didn't rent FF7 from Blockbuster and get his dad to copy the dics

Must suck missing l literally the golden years of the PSX generation.

Not as bad as Xenogears

there are several games I worshipped as a kid that I grew to find not to be as good. If I played 7 when it came out, I would feel that way. Very few gen 5 games stayed with me till today

xenogears makes up for its lackluster gameplay with a story that's 100x better than any final fantasy title

>why do people still suck this game off?
Nostalgia. It was most peoples first RPG.

>xenogears makes up for its lackluster gameplay with a story that's 100x better than any final fantasy title
A game with bad story but good gameplay is still better than a game with bad gameplay and a good story.

FF7 was never good

Attached: Boomer Cloud.jpg (1080x1173, 453K)

I feel that
I never understood the hype over 7 I mean its okay but 9 has more soul

>9 has more soul
9 is love or hate, and I hated it. I didn't like how childish it all was, including character design.

>everything between midgar and city of the ancients is boring
What??? I fucking love almost all of that.
Cosmo Canyon, the boat, Costa del Sol and Nibelheim..

Also for the time no other game came close in terms of sheer scale. A 40+ hour "open world" RPG rendered in 3D. It's not just nostalgia.

Most currently commercially available versions have a fast forward button, so the boring drawn out sections just get done much faster

the gameplay in 7 is the same shit as gears except with shoved in shitty minigames around every corner. Even the end was rushed like gears.

> It's an "I hate popular thing to make myself seem more cultured" episode

So basically Yea Forums ?

FUCKIN hate gold saucer worst area in any game period

The Gold Saucer tune will be forever imprinted in to my skull, it's horrible.

yeah I got done playing FF7 a few weeks ago and gold saucer was the second time I ever had to mute the music because it was so horrible (the other is floaroma town in pokemon gen 4). Uematsu's worst track

as someone who played it for the first time back in like, 2009 - I enjoyed every part of it. Actually became one of my favourite games of all time

>why do people still suck this game off?
Because it's miles better than 8 or 9, no matter what the contration fags here say