YOU'RE

YOU'RE
GOING
TO
LOVE MEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Windows-10-logo-1.jpg (730x548, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/9yjuly/neweggcoms_windows_keys_are_pirated_microsofts/
youtube.com/watch?v=pcxCR-PD-ZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is a relationship purely out of necessity. I don't love you.

Anyone getting weird mouse glitches on older games after W10? Like intense rapid stuttering and motions

Based reference, ponybro.

No, I'm going to switch to Linux when I absolutely have to.

People all over have noticed all kinds of latency issues with new update. Especially people in audio production. And MS as always doesn't acknowledge it.

File associations are weird, sometimes the "always open with this application" checkbox just isn't there and you have to do it manually.

This is my only problem so far with windows 10.

Its been like that since 8. t. 8 guy who had to system restore to fix it.

You spy on me when i'm jacking off and you break my fucking games with your UAC antivirus bullshit and compatibility issues caused by you latching into everything I have on my system like its a sensitive bunch of jenga blocks, fuck you, you panjeet whore!

Attached: lexicon.jpg (600x643, 23K)

who /1903/ here

Give me a quick rundown on older vidya. I've heard mixed things. Some people have said that it doesn't play well with shit older than a couple of years and just doesn't want to work with 90s/early 00s games, but then I've also heard people say "it just works" and that people complain over nothing. My only experience with 10 has been getting the upgrade forced on me back in 2016 despite telling it no a billion times and then using it for three days before going back to 7 because it broke almost every program I had.

I've only had one "issue" with Mass Effect where I need .dll hack to fix mouse acceleration issues.

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING FLURRYSLY REFERENCE???

It's not as dramatic as people say, but some games did stop working and compatibility mode does jackshit as always.
Silver linig is that most things old enough to not be supported on W10 are so low spec that they can run in a VM.

Win10 is unironically the best OS Microsoft ever made.

Curious. How did you know that?

I used to like the show. Season 1 was great.

Come on user, it should be obvious to anyone who watched S01E26.

Watched it back in 2010-11

getting constant bluescreens with the new update til i -under-clocked my cpu

i'm going back to win7

Also, I can set my monitor to run at 72HZ on linux via xorg.conf but windows doesn't let me go above 60.

Not really a big deal but it's weird.

>get LTSC
>extremely fast OS with minimal bloat
>but still just werks and everything runs painlessly
Imagine being a desktop Linuxtard in 2019.

Attached: 1547918306452.jpg (200x200, 38K)

It's not that bad. The only thing that irks me is the ugly start menu and updates sometimes resetting my nvidia control panel settings.

>bro just pirate this special needs enterprise version

Get Open Shell.
You'll thank me.

I've already transitioned my fiancée over to Linux Mint after old laptop got slower and slower with each Windows 10 update. Our desktops are still Windows 10, but both of us had to do Recovery Mode shit for every single one of our computers that had Windows 10. This may be the most unstable version of Windows I have ever seen.

>get ISO from Microsoft or use one of the many other ways to get one
>buy legitimate key for €3 on ebay
What's the issue?

yes

>legitimate key for €3
Hmm

>get win10 edu from uni
>just werks
Apparently it's different from the home versions, doesn't have promotional garbage and such

Edu is slightly neutered enterprise. You lucked out since they have now """updated""" uni licenses to edu pro, which is just pro without candy crush.

>windows 7 gets corrupted
>ok, it's current year, time to use that ssd I got running in my rig for literal no reason other than photoshop scratching
>go to install
>LE GOTTA HAVE LE GPT
>try every possible thing to get it done
>no can do
>just install on another hdd
I think I'll be dead before I have windows 10 running on an ssd, let alone windows 7 on ssd.

How so? I thought nothing could beat XP. Then 7 came. The one and only.

Is it only the newer versions that require GPT?
I had a windows 10 dual boot with MBR, bought a new SSD and was surprised it used GPT now. Anyway it was just a few extra steps in the grub config to set up dual boot.

Yes, legitimate. If it weren't, it wouldn't work, and you can't really steal them.

And it's still a slow janky piece of shit, also there are a lot of deploating tools for 10 you don't have to stick to the autism that is LTSC.

They work because they haven't been blocked yet. It's not like they have way of tracking where each key is used but when they find out someone has been selling keys illegally those keys related to that person WILL stop working.

I felt bad knowing OP's reference too and immediately tried to remember if it was a quote of a song or movie instead.

Do you have an example or source of that happening?

based ponybro

Wait a secondWAITAFUCKINGSECONDWHATTHEFUCKWHENDIDTHISHAPPEN???

Attached: GR15 HAS BEEN REMOVED.png (380x389, 18K)

reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/9yjuly/neweggcoms_windows_keys_are_pirated_microsofts/

Feels good man.

Attached: 165156.jpg (657x180, 26K)

>Windows 10 Home OEM
>from Newegg.com
>Both failed to activate Windows
Ok so what does that have to do with W10 LTSC keys from ebay that do activate without a problem? Got a source for LTSC keys that activate being revoked by MS?

when is windows 11

lol

No, I don't, but as for LTSC, you're a pirate by definition because resale of them violates the volume license customer's license, hence you never got it legally.
Whether it works doesn't affect the legal state of affairs.

Hey

Attached: 11-05-37-xubuntu-logo_1_1_1_5.png (500x500, 28K)

Yup. It's still a pirate that you just paid for.

Ok so aside from absolutely inane moralfaggotry (who the fuck feels bad for "stealing" a key from MS?), there's no drawback, because the keys are not going to be revoked, and even if they are revoked in a year or two, buying another one for the price of an ice cream isn't an issue, and still many times cheaper than normal W10.

The problem is that they can still check it somehow, not that someone should feel bad for stealing a key. If a third party software does that its called malware, spyware or even ransomware.

They possibly could, but they haven't, and in the offchance it happens getting another one is piss easy. It's a non issue, worst case scenario you lost 3bux, that's it. The fact that MS still has not done it makes me think that it's not that easy, likely they'd have to revoke it in batches, which would include actual legitimate LTSC uses for critical systems which could be a disaster.

I think the risk of having to spend another 3 bucks is worth taking to get W10 without (most of) the bloat and bullshit.

AND SCREEEEAAAAAMMMMMM

has anyone had issues with microsoft adding back bloatware that was removed from the iso via optimize offline?

Better every year, but still nowhere near good enough. I'd definitely use it if I wasn't into games though.

Wait what the fuck does that mean.

What's better if I don't want to rewrite/compile half of my system files?

>reboots without your consent.

They tend to do that even if you debloat after you install, some update comes a long and fucks with your group policies, your settings, with windows update, and ends up reinstalling the bloat and undoing all the work you did.

For shit to persist you have to disable windows update completely through registry and group policy.

Nope. Never.

This exactly.
And no, the 2020 will not mark the day yet.

You don't really have to compile your own shit on linux though, unless you were memed into gentoo. What I like about linux
>verylight on resources compared to heavyweight windows
>no privacy concerns outside of how you configure your web browser
>can change UI elements you don't like
>grueling MS updates + individual updates for each program are replaced with a single "update everything" that doesn't even need a reboot afterwards
>some things I use work MUCH faster, such as compiling latex
>small market share means you're virtually never a target of malware, so even Common Sense 2019 stops being necessary

What I dislike about linux
>still having to ask "will it run?" every time I want to play a video game, while on windows it's "yes it'll run, why wouldn't it?"

>People all over have noticed all kinds of latency issues with new update. Especially people in audio production
They fucked up something with the kernel in 1903 build. Try it yourself, download LatencyMon and let it run 10 minutes.

That last point is pretty understandable, personally it was Valvens release of proton that made me switch, nowadays I use protondb.com to verify if games will run.
I know it's possible to run non steam games with proton but I've yet to try.

Only needed a minute when gaming. The part with kernel was burning red.

>bro just install more malware it will be faster!

I haven't updated W10 in like 2 years

literally never had a problem with it. been loving my pc gaming experience since the first day i built this pc.

I was using Linux for a year. I gladly switched back to Windows as the only thing I could do was browsing internet, rest required Windows to properly work.

Now, Im using Win 10 Edu for 2 years or something and it goes well. Didn't update for last 1,5 year however Im that lazy.

Give me a good reason you "need" Windows 10, I dare you

Attached: 1533721585906.png (250x163, 43K)

>dies within 5 years
feels bad man

Was there another update that broke everything? Microsoft is such a fucking disgrace.

nah I finally pulled the plug on my dual boot a couple of weeks ago. thanks to proton there really isn't much I can't play now and all my favourites work. feels good to finally be rid of it

>Stop Code: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
Why do I keep getting this? God I hate windows I always get BSoDs

Attached: 1457753629725.png (688x651, 888K)

>buy legitimate key for €3 on ebay
oh boy

>horse show ending in like 1,5 month.
Almost a fucking decade has passed
Gods....

Attached: 1234465475.jpg (250x207, 16K)

Gen 5 won't be the same.

Nah, I'll love Manjaro at the end of year when I switch to it.

>Turning farmer into urban youth who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks
It certainly won't be

I haven't been on that dedicated horse board since late 2017/ early 2018. I feel bad that I haven't visited them in a long time, I wonder what's happened since then.

Already installed linux in preparation for dual booting it with this pile of shit when I get a new CPU.

>Planning on upgrading my PC this year
Might just say fuck it and install W10 LTSC when I have to reformat because mobo getting replaced.

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-17 061928.jpg (319x93, 4K)

I wouldn't. I installed it on a shitty Thinkpad for travel, and even with the LTSCWTFBBQ unpatched hacked version of the OS that has no bloat, my computer still turns off without my permission and has to have 3 programs running just to keep it from beaming back to the mothership. Unironically Windows 7 is still the last good iteration of the brand.

Attached: 1562311492338.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

I "upgraded" to windows 10 and I could no longer watch youtube videos so I went back. Only did it because I got into the Sea Of Thieves beta. Fun game at least.

>wow glimmy
>nyx
>declining post number /day
>oh hey faggy twi mod lifted a ban on "writing prompt" threads
>"bros I don't want the ride to end" reccuring threads
Meh,you're not losing much.
I mean, imagine getting 3rd 4cc star right before G4 ends. That would be a worthy end to all of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=pcxCR-PD-ZI

>I "upgraded" to windows 10
>I could no longer watch youtube videos so I went back
I don't even understand anymore. But I believe it.

Remember how back around 98-04 everyone was screaming at MS because they kept inventing their own bullshit to put into IE that wasn't part of HTML, leading to spaghetti code in sites? Well now Google is doing the same thing in Chrome and pushing what they add through services they own like Youtube, while at the same time MS is still doing their own brand of WTF. These two layers of jank are sometimes leading to situational oddities.

so i can play forza horizon 4

>mentions goolag
I just hope that Firefox can still exist and work. Mozilla are retarded to have sold out to Don't be Evil.
The big red flag for so many was when Firefox became Quantum and all the extensions were phased out, and then locked out from being downloaded, and then old Firefox itself was made impossible to download.