EDF

EDF
Buyfags or piratefags, let's level cities like proper civilians!

Attached: 1562929260967.png (1400x569, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qqJNf2l9Xz0
weapon.edf.jpn.com/5_eng/w.html
leafierlemon.com/edf5/calc.shtml
leafierlemon.com/edf5/calc.shtml?
fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9836&start=90
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just beat mission 100. It was fucking crazy. Excited to see how they can top it in later missions.

Just cleared the game on hard with fencer. For my next playthrough, I'd like to go online. Do I stay with fencer or switch to ranger?

Pirate lobby up:
Yea Forums
pass is rage
starting on mission 19

Three last missions are amazing.

is there a Fencer pic of this?

You can play multiplayer with a cracked copy?

>mfw blowing off a grey's limbs with a dispersal mortar at point blank then boosting away

Attached: 1467590629932.gif (350x263, 80K)

Fuck red drones.

Which ARs on ranger are worth using?

Whatever makes things die the fastest.

Three last missions are the topppest of the top of what the game has to offer, it goes ham on the monsters, it goes ham on the atmosphere, it goes ham on the voice actors. Basically the last three missions is when EDF stops being a game and instead becomes an experience.

Can buyfags go into pirate servers? Or I have to pirate the game to do that?

So any of the missiles, bombing runs, or artillery worth using? I mostly run the gunship stuff and even then mostly just autocannons and the miniguns. Spritefall and Bulge carried my ass through the hive destruction mission though.

Anything that penetrates is GOAT

Can't go wrong with the stork
I hear the Minion Buster is good for queens as well

I need to know this. The only thing preventing me from getting these games is my friends don't want to put up with the price tag.

yes, you can. need the steamworks fix v2

Against overwhelming numbers ARs that have bullet penetration are the best, on open fields or against a ton of tadpoles it can shine really bright. Then comes the semi auto ARs purely for their unrivaled DPS to burst down any annoying enemy or big threat, but picking one will kill your trigger finger after extended use.

They're basically all good honestly. Stork is really reliable mid range damage, minion guns are great at range and for big targets, the raven is basically an up-close murder machine. Depends on the mission.

Any non-pirate cuck lobbies up?

Get better friends.

Honestly is there any reason to ever use a shield as Fencer?

Phobos gets crazy huge radius in the later levels leveling entire city blocks
Cannon A/B/C and so on do insane damage for its level but you gotta get good at throwing
Lionic is good against medium enemies like frogs or deroys, it gets super fast so you can even hit swarms of bees with it
The bomber with the guns is good for danger close runs

I believe you have to pirate it, but it takes little effort.

name: wbs
pw: rage
19+ Hard
Pay2Play

If you don't dig the tempest get the fuck out of this thread.

You can completely dick on frogs and ayys with one if you get good at reflecting

I mostly used autocannon, or minigun for frogs, ayys, deroys, and really any chunky target but I'll try some of that other stuff to see if it's more effective.

Phobos is what carried me through Brutal Battle due to the sheer number of shit it throws at you right at the start, but I haven't used it since. Kind of funny the most fuck you bomber in the game is piloted by a dude who sounds like he's putting on a gay accent.

ranger is so basic yet so satisfying to play

How much singleplayer should I do before dipping my dick in multi?

Play the controls tutorial then dive right in

>mission 40
How the fuck do you even survive this much at once?

Attached: help me cam.png (570x491, 659K)

>have to use cheat engine to fix part of their game that has been broken for years
Why is D3 so incompetent, guys?

This. It's so much fun to play online.

Which part?

Don't worry. It gets worse.

I think he's referring to armor farming.

As Air Raider I just nuked the city. There were so many enemies that anything I threw out was an insta-refund. Those Red Drones are the real killers though once you get past the sheer mayhem of the first minute.

>mission 40
By playing online you little bitch. Who the fuck plays EDF solo for anything other than farming?

For those who want a challenge.

what missions should i farm if I want to upgrade my lvl 38 missiles on fencer?

Real men play online solo in a private room

mission progress doesn't carry across and I don't want to get spoiled even if I already spoiled myself on the final boss

>Then comes the semi auto ARs purely for their unrivaled DPS to burst down any annoying enemy or big threat, but picking one will kill your trigger finger after extended use. This. Unless you set up a macro, you are going to be clicking like a madman 10,000 times every mission.

Personally I like the fully automatic ARs that can fire 20 rounds a second. They stun lock things like crazy.

No, I'm referring to the mouse issues that some users get that cannot be fixed in any other way. Picking up boxes or whatever else is cheating and is gay.

Is there a way to transfer saves or keep your save after doing the pirate multiplayer patch? Don't want to lose all my progress in solo to start at mission 1 for multiplayer.

>fencer dude complains about me dropping endless heavy phobos bomber runs across the city
>"hey stop it your bombing runs are boxing me in and killing me!"

How about no you giant faggot. Its clearly marked on the ground with a red like for everyone to see.

Attached: Ralph Pootawn.png (679x496, 454K)

Tell the loser he simply isn't going fast enough

tell him to dash away?

Waited 40 minutes :(
Next time boys.

Any good / easy grinding missions? Need shit for my fencer

I played like 20 hours or so of 4.1, all of it as ranger
Do I do singleplayer or can I jump straight into multi
Also tips welcome, I was never exceptional at this game

Attached: file.png (1298x193, 54K)

Just jump into multiplayer and start shooting ants with your class of choice

Straight into multi.
Don't worry, some extra damage is better than no extra damage.

>mfw I just realize almost 30 missions I can use WASD to move the airstrike target
I always assumed they had to be in a straight line from you or something. Then I tried to move out of being attacked while aiming one and felt really damn stupid.

Attached: 1390617999116.jpg (250x250, 8K)

Oh, what mouse issues?

>a challenge
>against enemies who have 1/4th the life on missions that don't even have weapon level restrictions

I LOVE MY INTEL MOMMY!

Attached: 1542307068687.jpg (480x1440, 139K)

>OH HO HO HO HO HO!
>You have good taste Air Raider.

Attached: sweating like a dog(dogs dont sweat).gif (300x169, 2.66M)

>host retreats from mission because we got curbstomped
>dc right when im done equipping my fencer
>join back in lobby within 5 seconds
>they start and dont retreat

Attached: 1361325473397.jpg (1024x768, 199K)

the Ranger ass zoom on sprint better not be here to stay

>Start a lobby and two others join
>Start mission
>Ten seconds in a fourth guy joins
>Retreat
>Fourth guy leaves before we get back to the lobggy
>Then other guys leave

Attached: barkley.jpg (277x406, 70K)

yeah fuck this.
Once the first person enters the lobby I give the 5 minute countdown for others to join. If someone joins late they can fuck off for being too slow.

>niggerfart has joined the game
>acts like an obnoxious retard spamming pings and nonstop voicelines whenever he dies

which one of you was this

Attached: 1551464918368.jpg (2048x1448, 659K)

Yea Forumsdf Passcode:rage
Mission 31: Cave Invasion stage 1
Hard

Attached: 1469163987120.jpg (1920x1080, 2.04M)

With wing divers looking like this the earth will repopulate within a decade

Attached: 1563345320897.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

Piratefag lobby
Mission 37
get in here fuckers

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1398x122, 101K)

will we ever be able to switch the looks of our armors back to pre-EDF that you have in the first few missions, or am I missing a setting

How to kill red drones?

you can switch once you beat the game.

Shoot them until they die.

Not with fencer

Delusional.

Wish it was less expensive because I'm on tight budget
I'll have to itch the scratch with edf 4.1 until end of the month

people who like to larp as a squad leader with npcs

Just a realist

Is there anything more satisfying than boosting up to a grey and watching their bodies flail to infinite staggered dakka?

Convince your ranger to bring a sniper rifle and tell them to focus the drones above all else.

I find it fun how nobody ever posts screenshot of the game in EDF threads
is it that ugly?

Doing the same thing with a dragoon lance

>Play 4.1
>OS crashes very often
>Try literally everything to fix it, even formatting my pc
>Still unplayable
>Give up
>5 comes out
>Very excited to finally play without worries
>Crash
I'm broken and so disappointed bros. I really love edf and I just can't play it.

Attached: 1555442166719.jpg (960x945, 138K)

People have posted a bunch of webms in the last thread. What are you really going to gleam from screenshots of an action game?

What do you mean OS crashes?

Have you tried replacing your toaster with something modern?

Windows crashing.

Fuck off retard. My pc can run it perfectly.

>What are you really going to gleam from screenshots of an action game?
the action I guess

>run it perfectly
>entire system crashes and prevents playing gaem
Is this supposed to be an EDF joke?

Cave invasion stage 2
get in here

My specs are more than enough to run the game if it wasn't clear what I meant.

Attached: 1562808487601.jpg (274x321, 26K)

Then watch a video
youtube.com/watch?v=qqJNf2l9Xz0

Okay, from what? It's not like the game fucks up windows or something, it sounds like it's trying to access something it can't, which windows crashes afterwards. Could be poorly seated RAM, could be a registry issue, could be bad drivers, yadda yadda.

What caused the crash? Check the reliability monitor.

Something is really configured very wrong then. My specs are below the recommended values and it is easy able to handle it outside of very intense exploding aliens which is to be expected. Update your drivers, update Windows, maybe try making sure your wires are in the right sockets.

Actually, I've had graphics card failures for months recently and only found out that it was because something was loose. A little jamming the card in a bit more and having the power cable be set against the case wall in a way that holds the card up and the cable firmly in the socket solved all my problems.

post specs

the semiautomatic is goat if you can deal with all the clicking but you'll reload a lot

Otherwise the buster line has great DPS but has a second or so delay between hit and damage so save it for big targets. The rest are all about the same so go for whatever has the highest DPS.

Give shotguns a try if you haven't already their pellets pierce through enemies so they can clear hordes in no time

What does color of bullets mean? (White, green, blue)

If it's a BSOD you can just check the crashlog and than google the specific issue my dude

I've been chastised for using a lightning weapon on cave maps as a wing diver, apparently it was hitting my team mates but I never saw their HP bar budge so I thought I had no friendly fire

Tips to not rape my team with a lightning bow/crossbow?

I FEEL LIKE NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Blue shots pierce, white shots are normal, green shots are max damage/ideal range iirc.

You're a wing diver. What the fuck are you doing within 50m of your team if they're not corpses? Also they're fags, you might catch them with a strike every now and then but they take fucking no damage. They're total babies.

But will green pierce?

It takes a sec for ally health to update. Use the splasher it'll be hilarious.

>Updated windows
>Fixed registry
>Updated drivers

>poorly seated RAM
>graphics card failures
EDF is literally the only game giving me this problem.
Not a godly pc but I can play pretty much anything.
I already did. Googling it I found a guy having similar errors to me with edf as well but iirc he couldn't find a solution or didn't post it.
Other than that I couldn't find anything.

Attached: 1544182821133.png (503x399, 21K)

If it pierces it won't be green.

Fuck them. Lightning weapons are perfect for cave maps.

If people aint using voice lines online it just doesnt feel like edf. And those who complain about people spamming them are try hards in a game that doesnt really warrent it.

>still using AMD Radeon anything
Crysis has been out for how long and you still haven't dropped obsolete tech?

You should have no issues launching. When does the crash specifically happen? Like on splash screen or just in the game while playing etc.

I feel like Nobunaga

My only complaint is that this game has the same bullshit fake keyboard holdover of a 30 character message limit which forces me to type like a fucking ADHD kid with breaks
every six or so words
so that my message
will actually go through and
I won't have to rewrite my mes

>What the fuck are you doing within 50m of your team
shooting at the single tunnel enemies are coming from ovbiously, I get there first but the group eventually catch up to me and bitches and moans when they walk in front of the constant stream of lightning

That's what I thought, I've only run into 1 group bitching about it and they never ressed and hoarded all the first aid drops anyway

I used it in the early levels against the ayylmaos with the blast spear

I mean 90% of friendly fire is usually idiot issues that aren't your fault. If you're actually fucking killing your team from full life or something than yeah, obviously rethink your strat. But if your teammates are getting upset over losing 1/20th of their lifebar then stop playing with actual full blown retard babies.

Oh this is the weirdest part that I forgot to mention.

The OS crashes for example whenever I get close to an air raider vehicle. My last crash happened because of this.
Sometimes I can get close to then and nothing happens, it's just that fucking baffling.
I also remember crashing like 5 times in a row whenever someone revived me in a game. Never happened again or before.
There was a time I would crash when that godzilla nigga killed me.

I just don't know what to think.

Attached: 1545615871091.jpg (597x768, 92K)

use anything with big SINGLE HITS, if you bring a assault rifle they'll fly all over the place after the first couple hits.
Lock on missiles might work too but they usually have fuck all damage

Check your crashlog. It sounds like a potential memory issue. Random shit like that can be caused by cached data from your game, something as simple as one specific part of your memory that if it ever gets written to, or accessed, will freak out.

Do the multiplayer missions have fewer voice lines?
Was playing some missions I haven't playing in SP yet with you guys and non of the soldiers seemed phased by flying acid spitting frogs.

Should've installed gentoo

Shields are mandatory on some underground missions on inferno.

Just use a controller.

Anyone have the google doc / sheet that lists what missions drop what level weapons? I only have the Fencer sheet but it's not as useful without the mission sheet.

I already tried that.
I posted this here on Yea Forums, the steam edf discussions and some random forum for this sort of stuff but they couldn't tell me what's wrong.

Attached: 1545343962203.png (789x353, 29K)

weapon.edf.jpn.com/5_eng/w.html
leafierlemon.com/edf5/calc.shtml

This?

leafierlemon.com/edf5/calc.shtml?
Thats what I use to check drops right? Can someone explain how exactly do I do that?
I click Drop Weapon, selected a difficulty/mode and clicked submit, but I have no idea what that table refers to.
Unless those are the level of the equipment that drops? But if thats the case what are those negative levels then?

Washi ja!

Any buyfag rooms up?

Thanks! The second one, yeah

One just ended like 20 mins ago.

Attached: 1547865125579.gif (500x275, 365K)

I'm slightly hungover and it's 3 am but can anyone teach me how to use the steamwork fix to get some piratefag multiplayer going?

Those negatives levels are whoever coded this was too lazy. Ignore them.

>in room thats having trouble on mission 39
>failed it like 5 times in a row
>getting overwhelmed by sheer number of enemies
>team just scattering everywhere and ying
>tell airraider to bring nothing but his most powerful bombing runs/etc
>tell everyone to stay together so bugs are in one spot for airraider to nuke them all
>2 tries and we finally beat the mission once we get the strategy down
>get a bunch of upgrades to my favorite weapons

Its a good feel

Attached: pacha XLR.jpg (557x605, 49K)

But just to clarify the rest of it is correct then? Except for the lvl weirdness.
So lets say it says 1-5 means it only drops lvl 1-5 gear, and I can use this to figure out what exactly 1-5 gear is?

I honestly wouldn't have that much trouble on that mission if every wing diver wasn't dead fucking weight that died 900m away from everyone else as they mismanage their energy and plummet into the fucking ground while trying to laser rapier the frogs

is it usual to crash when many explosion happen in the game?

sounds like a big yikes of a team

But Linus is telling us that its AMD's time to shine now...

Attached: oh shit im sorry.webm (1024x576, 2.98M)

Your best bet is probably to download a BSOD crashdump utility and then try to force the crash a few times and check the dumps in your windows folder for the consistent issue.

Pretty sure that's how it works yeah.

We had 2 air raider that bomb everywhere and fencer with two nukes and I didn't crash.

>easy mode damage

Guess that on my part. Such life as poorfag.

that's hard you monkey

Anyone reach Hardest/Inferno yet? I want to get the crazy guns but doing it online with 2.6x damage/health is a bit much.

it helped me agrooing the queen ant while my team kills it, deflecting her pink goo does a lot of damage.

yes.

How do I access the gesture/voice menu?
If you hit "T" in game the chat overlay goes over the selectable options.
I just wanna dance on some aliens.

Easy has 0% friendly fire.

while I was rushing story to get farming mission, I appreciate the nice details they put in. Very SOUL

Attached: 20190717185546_1.jpg (1280x768, 286K)

Underground Trap is plenty doable without a shield, just rush to a specific hallway corner, clear it out and whittle down the rest through your newly crafted choke point. I can't think of any other problematic underground missions where boosting isn't easy.

>400 damage grant M40
Shit bro, get some new fuckin gear and throw that thing in the garbage then.

>cheating in babby game
Y I K E S

i had fun with it that mission

>removing the entire challenge of fencer by giving yourself infinite bullets/life
Why are you even playing the game dude, you could just play on easy for the same result.

The game automatically disconnect when you're farming armor online so I'm rushing story mode to get mission 39

Just completed the new Demon Army 2.0 in Inferno. It's a fucking nightmare.

I will always prefer missiles to rockets for ranger. Grenades are cool too. Rocket launchers all feel super neutered with the exception of cascade launchers.

Shields are OP man
>Relfecting Queen ant acid away from the team
>Reflecting Red Frog shotgun BS back at them and shooting their arm off
>Just using it to tank shit when there's 1000 fucking spiders attacking you

room name: veedf
pw: rage
Mission 27 hard
buyfags

CPUs, not graphics cards.

>check the stats on the DLC2 Fencer boosters
>far and away better than everything else in Inferno
THOSE BASTIDS!!

It's the reward for beating the hardest content

What's a good mission to farm armor? Hoping to get about 1500 before I do Inferno.

is there a reason to use fencer strikers?
do enemies get more health on later mission?

Where can I get a pirated copy of this game? Don't really want to torrent it, since I'm not on a private tracker

If it's melee but not a spear, don't use it.

Is it just me or are 90% of the Wing Diver weapons shit?

ok
they seem to do way too little damage for what it is

You probably skipped an upgrade; they one shot almost every enemy that isn't a giant fucker, and Twin Spears can usually handle those in a couple hits. The only problem is the 45~150m range.

Man, mission 37 is so fun

Heh, try sprinting while zooming with a weapon

Some of the hammers do big damage but are pretty slow, small range and root you longer than a blasthole would.

Until the high level vibro-blades i'd stick with piercers.

The ones with rolly pollies. You need shield to tank them to not get permabounced.

She just doesn't have many Crowd control weapons

if you call a spritefall right on top of yourself and survive the girl with give you a blowjob

whats a good missile launcher

Is there a way to access the voice commands that are not shortcutted on kb+m? If you press T it shows you the menu and chat window but you can't access the voice commands.

arrow buttons

But how can she "Ohohohohohoho" with the Air Raiders massive cock in her mouth?

Well I did it. I finally beat it and saved Earth. Very great game. I had lots of fun. First EDF game and had a blast.

Now do it on Inferno

I CANT REACH
WHY
WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HIGH UP
W H Y

Attached: 20190717042630_1.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

Use a gun with better range.

I KNOW SURE WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW

>he brought the fucking close range nix to a mothership fight

Attached: [DBNL] Dragon Box Z (DBZ) - 226 - Confrontation with the Demon King! It's Your Turn, Gohan!! [x (640x480, 134K)

I was watching out for shield bearers mainly

>mission 34 hardest
>green ants out of nowhere

Attached: 1562182591453.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

>playing online as air raider
>get buttraped like 5 times in a row
>switch to wing diver
>easy as fuck
Why does this always happen? I don't want to play wing diver anymore.

cope, dumb satania poster

It's like the class with the least mobility in the game has a hard time with enemies. Always carry a 150mm single cannon to pick of bugs that pass through your aoes and teammates.

What are the best, can you do some tips for a noob?

You should've brought spritefall+bulge.

Rapiers and Thunder crossbow, lightning bow.

I don't know about Late game since I'm not there yet

Neither of those hit teleporter ships right? At least the times I've tried didn't seem to do anything.

I like level design in EDF41 more
city are more dense, you are easier to get swarmed

they made road and alley wider in EDF5 just to allow ayylmao play hide n seek with you

mission 31 now
2 slots

They don't hit teleporter ships but they do hit mothership.

They dont hit gold ships, i can confirm

why the fuck is grinding for higher level weapons easier than lower level? I've got fuck all star drops or weapon upgrades for lower level and i'm farming on normal

Most wingdiver players a shit. Good ones can often run ahead of everyone else and kill dropships in a couple seconds with their ridiculous close range weapons like the Phalanx guns.

And then they can instakill frogs afterwards, with way less respawning enemies around.

Oh wait. That's just a dropship not the mothership.

You can start hardest/inferno lobbies by clearing the game offline. But it still pretty dumb as I still have 1500 armor.

Also you can farm mission 87 inferno for weapons.

Do healing drops heal more when you have more health or is it just a set amount recovered?

>grinding for higher level weapons on mission 83 hard mode for Ranger to finally beat normal mode
>best thing I've found so far is a slug-firing shotgun with a range of 66 meters
kill me

Attached: 1402270109211.jpg (800x450, 237K)

it's % based I think

bro heavy plasma cannon is fucking insane

how much replayability is there in these games? I don't mean "WELL YOU CAN RERUN MISSIONS ALL YOU WANT" but like, is there anything worth doing the next time around or is it all score attack shit where you try to get better ranks or times or whatever? Not trying to diss the game I just don't personally enjoy that sort of grind.

this , as an air raider player a good wing diver is a godsent

new difficulties have faster enemies and new enemy types, its pretty much a new game, hard mode is just a tutorial

STARDUST CANNON

Cool, thanks. Might just farm offline and then host Inferno after.

Hm. How many enemy types would you say in total? Like, under 30? 50? How long would it take me to go through the main story to reach the new difficulties? Are there new objectives in the harder difficulties or does it turn into doing the same missions again but occasionally a new enemy peppered in?

probably not as much replayability as you would hope. Though the game is fairly long. Most of the replayability comes from redoing missions with different classes, and the hardest and inferno difficulties which are basically NG+, with new enemies and stuff.

>mark enemy group with like 3 different strikes
>retard runs in the middle
>gets glassed
>wtf man watch the friendly fire
Erry time

I didn't like the rapiers that much.

Love using the double lance and Plasma Big Cannon or whatever fits the mission.

>Calling down spritefall on a group of enemies
>Ranger walks directly into the beam just as it locks on
>Rip in Ranger

>tfw you're actually a good wing diver

Attached: 1481801456745.png (128x128, 27K)

>get grabbed by enemy
>call it down on myself
FUCK YOU RED ANT

Hey I do that intentionally
You take less self damage when grabbed by something

Same. I mean there's literally nothing else you can do unless you brought a limpet gun. If you're lucky the explosion will launch you away from the ants and into safety.

>be fencer
>red ant grabs me
>DISPERSAL MORTAR

Attached: nuke it.jpg (1280x2880, 514K)

what the fuck is edf, some new zoomer meme?

>be ranger
>get grabbed by red ant
>whip out Breacher
pshh, nothin' personnel, ant.

It's a boomzoom meme for real gamers

Teach us your secrets

Attached: D75Iow5UcAEgI8u.png (528x675, 355K)

ESTIMATE THE DISTANCE

well the objective is always to kill everything, pretty much every enemy type gets a new version and new groups of enemies get added into encounters, you actually have to plan stuff out and figure out how to deal with all the shit that coming at you properly to not get murdered

YES SIR!

have you guys noticed some missions spawn rideable trucks without weapons

Yep
Japanese maps has little pickup trucks while European maps has a big truck cab.

anyone playing on ps4?

>Everyone retreat!!!
>die
>????
>mission complete

Nice. Still counts.

Attached: destroyed.png (1280x750, 2.16M)

We need a general

CONFIRM THE ENEMY'S POSITION WITH YOUR EYES

if you want to unlock and upgrade all weapons you will have a lot of playing through

Why are grayyliens so fucking tough. Playing on Hard Online and I had to unload 10 shots of ~85x16 at point blank to take one down, snipers are useless on their own because of low DPS, at most I can use snipers to stunlock ONE of them. What am I doing wrong? I can definitely deal with 1 or 2 of them, but any thing more than 2 means certain death without cover. At least the beam shit isn't perfectly tracked and with enough speed you can kinda dodge it.

>Playing hard online
Are you in a lobby with other people or solo? If the latter, that's why.

Oh man, wait til you reach the heavies

Are my kit/armor below average?
It takes forever to kill one giant fly and they kill me in like a few hits.

Haven't been grinding at all.

Attached: edf.jpg (1614x623, 200K)

Just use a phalanx to 4 shot the queen ant

weapon level means nothing on its own, you need to check its actual stats and see what kind of stars you have

Stop playing solo online

>online mode solo
that there is your problem

Cave + Wing Diver = Lightning Bow
Why aren't you using lighting bow?

>5's version of that one mission with all the queen/king/giant dragon enemies in 4.1
>fucking erginus thrown in
>mass of green ants spawn suddenly at the very end
Holy hell thank god I was in that flame vegalta that spawns in the level or I would have been dead

Attached: 1533135415871.jpg (509x486, 236K)

Because lightning weapons are mediocre trash in this game.
Real chicks use stardust cannons.

This, if you play online solo enemies have more health, the same as if you were playing with 4 players I think.

come join pirate room
name:EDF
level : 22

I fly around and shoot shit. Once you get energy management down it's pretty easy to keep yourself safe. A lot easier in single player though, because in multiplayer air raiders blow up all the buildings that you can hop from.

1 more slot

We still have a few weeks before we get booted there. It's better to stay here as long as possible to keep the community fresh. Generals will inevitably become cancerous.

When are short shorts too short?

I've heard we get a new outfit for our character at level 12, but I kinda like the old one more, is it a permanent change or can we wear any skin we want?

After you finish the game

Never.

Oh ok, thanks

how many outfits do the classes get, just 2?

This, it will be nonstop console war and genwun faggotry

They don't even look like shorts now, they're more like denim panties

You mean nonstop discord circlejerking

As far as I know yeah.
I think you can do some customisation to it

Make them shorter until they're thongs.

I said pick up that loot box

Attached: half-life-combine.jpg (1280x1024, 408K)

For CheatEngineCHADS, I dug a bit into the biggest CE forums thread for it and apparently somebody other than the OP figured out how to get the 4.1-style "you get exactly this many crates after a mission" system working again. It's the unlock375 guy, the very bottom most post on this page has the functional version of it:

fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9836&start=90

I am finally free from killing all these stupid pillbugs from a tiny exploit hidey hole, god damn.

Would you buy a healthpack lunchbox?

Attached: 41199804_p0.jpg (512x302, 130K)

>pillbug mission
>twice in a row get fucked
>use my brain for a little bit
>stand on a building inside a small gate
>they can't roll in
>just empty out my shotguns as they get stuck in front of it
>building never breaks
>easy win
Based.
I'm smart boy.

Is it full?

If you use cheat engine for the unlimited loot pick up range, will you steal from other people online?

They need to be longer, can't have EDF troops getting distracted in a fight

absolutely

Make them shorter until its just a fabric hanging out of their ass

The loot system is kinda annoying. It's cool as wing diver but tried air raider and reaching any box takes forever, how the hell do you pick up shit as foot dude.

yes, if you use any cheats online you're a subhuman

Vehicle

Sprint, leave one enemy alive, kill your allies so they don't kill said enemy.

get a fast vehicle like a grape. Did you know you can't say grape in game though? It filters the rape part of it.

vehicles dummy

ah that's unfortunate

if there at least a way to magnetize the boxes towards you a few meters to make picking up loot less boring

grape apc, put on some eurobeat and drift around collecting crates

What game?

only if you wanna get bullied

Attached: mommy bully.png (1275x332, 454K)

Earth defense force five on PC

EDF?

ranger has a probe collection equipment the max is 1000% range, you'll still pick up all health in site, which is why its not good to use in MP

Why are my lightning bows deals almost no damage? I hear it's one of the best WD weapons, but it has range about as far as my Phalanx and deals four times less damage. What am i missing?

Probably star levels

what does the star levels mean?

star level is the max upgrade for a weapon

read the manual

Wing divers are like 40% Morale boost 60% killing machine.

They need the denim panties to keep their asses cool from the plasma jets

Each stat of a weapon (damage, range, reload speed, etc) can be leveled up and that's indicated by a number with a star sign.

You to stop taking htr

There will be a star next to the weapon/equipment name when you reached the maxed version

Easy/normal = 0-20+ weapons drops
Hard/ 20-40+
Hardest/Inferno 40-90+

i think that's how it goes anyway

>4 versions
>still haven't made dots differentiate loot
Just make health pickups a white dot with red cross and armor/weapons different shades of green. Is that too much to ask?

dilate

but the white dots are civilians

redpill me on wing divers

>see cluster of green dots
>it's all health packs when I'm at full health
every time

Gonna see if anyone's interested in higher mission lobbies.
making Hard lobby.
Starting mission 83.
name: Yea Forums
password: rage

Attached: 20190716233657_1.jpg (1920x1080, 734K)

I kinda wish we got skirts again, it's still sexy and we could have clothing physics

Attached: Pale_Wing.jpg (715x960, 55K)

they fly,
theyre fun,
they dont wear pants

They fly, they kick ass, they have cute butts.

EDF 6 when?

I feel like 1500 armor is too little for later hard missions

>tfw I would literally waste a weapon slot for a vacuum weapon that sucks up boxes.

Attached: 1554157005499.png (64x48, 594)

absolutely

it's not so bad, the only real threat is being stunlocked by enemies, otherwise the only thing that will outright kill you is sniper aliens.

That's why you put a symbol in it. Maybe make civilians grey if you want to differentiate even more.

The ranger has it, the max level version can reach 1000% range

Attached: Untitled.png (1152x369, 252K)

I miss wing diver's energy pigtails

Can you play this game online if you pirate it?

I just don't want it to stop after you zoomer faggots inevitably move on to the next trend

same

yes but good luck finding players

IIRC the armor limit for 83 hard is like 2400 (ranger/air raider). I'll probably grind more armor then.

Well, I only really wanted to play with my bf. 2 players is enough, right?

bruh pirated online has a ton of lobbies 24\7

I've beaten the game well under the armor limit, and a lot of missions are easier in multi. You really don't need it 1000+ is plenty for hard.

Hmm I'll give them a try then

how do i get armor easy
i dont want to farm
its annoying, i want to play different characters

>played the shit out of 4.1
>never any threads
>too poor to afford 5
>EDF thread nearly everyday
>cant really be here since I want to play it blind

Attached: why.jpg (341x341, 18K)

Just cheat. It's not worth slaving away your life on one or two exploitable missions for a measly rate.

>it cant be both

But how big is that?

pirate it like any other poorfag?

how

>tfw add booster 2 never drops
It feels so wrong to have 3 dashes and just 2 boosts

it literally takes two seconds to ctrl c ctrl v the online crack into the torrented version

>Humanoid frog comes
>"Oh my god, its humanoid! It looks just like us! I-I can't shoot it!"
>Humanoid grey alien
>"It's an alien that doesn't look human! It's not even humanoid!!!"

What did they mean by this?

You are playing your role perfectly, I can't wait to play this with my brother, a wing diver, he will definitely be doing this while I throw 3 sets of ze/zer guns on my depth crawler and we just light them up, him on the ground and me hanging from the ceiling all flamethrowers and chain guns

it's not that big, basically you don't have run to get the collection circle, its there when you walk and like 5x the original size.

Don't use it online though because it will piss off people for taking all the health

Soldiers perception changed during all horrors of war. They still see humans, but recognize them as something else now.

With all the doc, how come they didn’t make more alt costumes? I’d pay for female other classes or even lewder wing divers.

Lobby up for paying customers:
Time to Fumigate!
No password.
Mission 46, Hard

>mission 41 where you need to get under the big ship to shoot the teleport
This mission can fuck right off, how does this game expect me to do anything with 20+ mounted laser guns shooting right on my ass

>Dual wielding NCS1 cannons
So this is what raw power feels like.

Attached: HYPER SUGOI.jpg (512x512, 20K)

snipe them one by one

>that second frog mission
>THEY HAVE EYES
>hiding behind six air raider walls just to survive because the buildings all get ayylmao'ed instantly
Kino, but also painful

Shields are great in this game, especially now that you can increase their defense value and 'ammo'. Flame revolver+shield allows you to fuck basically anything up in close quarters.

I used to farm deroys in 4.1 using those. One shot sends a storm of metal shards all over the area.

Any Sonyfags interested in joining a lobby? I can't justify paying full price for ED5 twice in the span of 6 months so I'm gonna pass on the PC release until 5.1 inevitably comes. Holy fuck are these threads making the Yea ForumsDF servers look fun though

hey bros, I've been playing chad air raider on hard online up to like mission 29 or so, but I will be without internet for a few days. Which class is the most fun for hard offline?

same, I can only hope for mods

having 1 more dash than boosts is actually optimal for constant moving

What's a good wing diver sniper since I never use them?

Fencer definitely

I'm pretty shit as wing diver so I'll leave this to someone.

I dual wield that plus spear/jackhammer/sword
flying up to a frog and unloading nsc1 in his thoat is the best feeling

First time on hard and second time on anything higher are totally different experiences. New enemies and spawns which will require some level of good teamwork to beat.

But once that's done there isnt much else but mission packs and replaying those missions with other classes. That being said you beat your moneys worth it takes tens of hours to do all the missions.

She's kind of shit at long range regardless of the weapon. She's best suited for mid range/close range

pc too toaster. And my few EDF friends play 5 on ps4

Yeah, just went fuck it and switched to ranger. Gonna do it with wing diver when I've got overpowered weapons after beating the game, fuck switching to easy or normal cause that's for pussies

I did that mission with the lv 15 plasma heavy cannon and a dragoon lance le. Shoot the base cannons from far away with the plasma cannon but you gotta lead cuz that shit slow, but it has an okay aoe so i sometimes blew 3 or 2 cannons in one shot.

heavy plasma cannon says hi

Why?
I'm always left disappointed after I dash but the boost doesn't happen

you need the extra dashes to let your jump recharge

>government has tackled employment problems
>each new EDF recruits gets 10 thousand dollars
>20 thousand more after three months
they know most recruit won't survive kek

Admittedly they’re kind of shit but I really like the closed beam.

You can also manually reload them now instead of having to wait for their durability to run out which is a fucking absurd improvement

Economy already collapsed

>playing around with CheatEngine
>accidentally make it so my Limpet Sniper doesn't have to reload

Attached: at last.png (447x378, 11K)

They keep increasing the money too. IIRC the last one is like $50k for new recruits and $500k after 1 year.

>6000+ damage
Holy shit that's a lot.

>Demon Army 2.0
Oh shit, it's back? The OG Demon Army was honestly one of my favorite missions because of how balls hard it was, you actually needed a good game plan to tackle it.

RETARD
PIRATED HAS MULTIPLAYER

how do i give myself more armor?

Do you need to play the previos 4 EDF?

Attached: 1555763093491.png (310x421, 141K)

5 is a reboot so no

Fuck I can't clear the mission with the queen ant,
my teams always get wiped out.

Not at all.

have a mobile distractor boosting around
maybe decoys would work?

this post is reddit incarnate

Remember to read your manual, it will save your life.

Attached: 20190714143302_1.jpg (522x376, 33K)

Cheatfags get the rope along with Piratefags

Why are people obsessed with quantity over quality now?

Where is the multiplayer patch? I grabbed this game off of Skidrow the other day.

Found a *.CT with a lot of them. "Disable Max Loot Pickup Radius" is all I need.

if you cant dedicate your life to a game its not worth playing

Unless it excludes health pickups then you're a raging faggot.

How close should I be getting with the dragoon lance? I love this weapon but my only real strat is to fly & dash to point blank range before blasting some ayy in the face.

There is a fitgirl repack that has the patch included. I personally couldnt find the Steamworks fix V2 on the web

Is this really a question you need to ask? Just try out different ranges and see what works best.

I think there's one that does that but this picks up everything. I only toggle it on and off at the end of a mission so I don't have to do the whole leave one alive and run around the level grind.

Room is still up. Mission 50, Hard
Room name is Time to Fumigate!

Attached: 1563208461405.jpg (607x1024, 116K)

Thanks for the reply. Was the whole fitgirl rootkit real or a meme? People were saying that fitgirl games would not work if you removed a resource that sent data somewhere.

5 is good, but I'd kill for a way to mod in 4.1's enemies and missions. I wanna fight Argo again.

Based and dare I say redpilled

i wish we could change weapin crosshairs

i can't join restart room

It's up. Steam servers keep shitting the bed it seems.

I just had a thought, did it make it back in?

Attached: Laser Chainsaw Massacre.jpg (500x328, 75K)

>Found a cheat engine table that lets you toggle global pickup
Using this at the end of a mission is nice, picking up items isn't very interesting and this will save a lot of time.

b-but user that's not EDF at a-alll!!!!!

Cheater

Nah. Picking up stuff at the end is a waste of time. It's fine to use auto pickup when farming.

Cheating scum

gay

Don't think so. Was one of my favorites in 4.1, too.

please how do i give myself more armor

all me

Yes. Play and 100% all of them, even the spin offs.

Fun playing wing diver online. Even in big battle levels on open maps where it's harder to do well I just bounce around grabbing every box and play medic for the fuck ups.

how DO you become proper medic in EDF?
i tried ranger heal gun and it was absolute trash

>tfw no old school fencer armor

Attached: 6EE48978-F1F2-4577-A831-C94FA58F37D6.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

I'm going to need the details on that image.

Fencer has the big ambulance APC and all the support posts for stat buffs.

Yeah I thought I'd heard somewhere that it didn't make the cut, shame

Recruit the NPCS then pick up health kits and/or revive people when they die
Some of the later Reversers are also extremely good and do things like fire massive explosions that create healing gas clouds

Nah, youre using a cheat engine. Use a vehicle, wing diver or a friend with one if these roles or the in game gear to increase pick up range

>>how DO you become proper medic in EDF?
dash fencer like a valkyrie while dropping bloodstrom everywhere

I imagine he means keeping his health stocked up and picking up everyone who dies. Ive had an air raider put down a healing station with was very useful for some drone missions

>Dashing around an Ayy blasting off all of his limbs
>Go in for the kill on the now quadriplegic grey nugget
>Air Raider instantly kills me with friendly fire from his tank as he tries to "help"
Everytime
Also stop calling in Spritefalls on targets I already have handled, you fucking retards.

Attached: 1535368969561.png (326x245, 126K)

>I'm STILL using a level 2 Blood Storm in level 60+ hard missions
>high altitudes upgraded decently are still worse somehow and require you to jump while shooting
what fucking niggery is this?

They kind of did keep the skirt

Attached: 1562929788544.jpg (705x1000, 164K)

absolute knowledge

dude
farming is literally a waste of time
in any game
if you can skip farming you absolutely should
if youre arguing that the integrity of the games vision is farming, then this takes a big shit on the game

>Accuracy: C-
The manual lies.

You mean Air Raider?

I've got the level 32 bloodstorm, but it's shit and the level 2 one is still better

How do you manually reload the shield?

Youre a fucking cheater. Dont enter these threads ever again. You are not welcome. Time after time great games come out and you people destroy them with your need for instant gratification. If i ever gain power in this country i will decimate you

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THOSE HEAVY ARMORED AYYS AAAAAAAAAAA 。。。

Read the Fencer control. But Left shield would be reloaded by Z

You can manually rebind it but it's 'Z' by default, same as the vehicle callins
A/X on an xbox/playstation controller, I think

my only complaint about fencer is his missiles are fucking shit

My bro is an Air Raider and almost all of the laser kit missiles we've tried are garbage not worth losing an AR slot for

>covers your entire screen with flames

Yeah, things like high altitude, arcanes, arm hounds, leviathan, phoenix, they all suck for different reasons.
It's a shame.

>not just using shotguns

1.) be Fencer
2.) you can Jackhammer and fire shotgun at the same time
3.) boost up to one and kill it in 2 seconds

fucked up that they took out the best weapon

first of all
not a clap so good luck
also how the fuck is it destroying the game?
im playing pirated SP anyway

didnt they all die, though?

Attached: crack.jpg (1057x37, 14K)

how do i easily calculate dps? i cant figure out which weapons are better
sniper rifles seem like complete trash same with rocket launchers
shotguns and penetrator semi rifles seem the best for ranger

oh shit bro I think I'm the other guy you found with this problem
yeah it happened to me with 4.1 for the longest time but I got a new graphics card not too long ago and now it werks on my machine so I guess you're SOL

Is the dialogue in this game even real, I feel like I'm playing a dubbed Japanese monster movie

Attached: 1533744782676.gif (512x387, 1.8M)

you take the damage per shot and multiply it by the fire rate
if the gun has drop off then the damage per hit decreases linearly over the weapons range, so at half of its max range it does half damage per shot, thus half DPS, quarter of its max range it does 75% damage per shot, etc

EDF don't die they go missing in action

>thatsthepoint.jpg

That's the point

EDF is basically every monster B movie added together into a video game.

That's the point
That's why the second game was called Invaders From Planet Space

Attached: Invaders from Planet Space.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

how do i calculate dps of penetrative and aoe weapons

Shit. Well hope I can afford a new pc or graphics card card soon.

Attached: 1542938977259.jpg (675x675, 94K)

Think about it.

>shot by laser/fire/purple shit from deroys/anything
>blinded because automatic exposure
WHERE THE FUCK IS CONFIG FILE

Why the fuck are dash cells so rare, I'm still only at dashcell 1 and I've been farming hard mission 62 for like 2 hours.

try compatibility modes and googling
i remember there was some fix for 4.1 that made it not crash for me

thats the charm though
its authentic

Being blind is a core element of EDF gameplay.

fire covering the screen =/= entire screen going pitch black
i will play now exclusively as air raider with napalms
fuck you

How is damage to buildings calculated? Obviously AR does nothing. Rockets are the most effective, but it seems grenades can knock them down but their effectiveness is lower (like it's damage times a modifier based on weapon type).

user, this is basic math here

Is there a reason to ever use a fencer over other classes? The dash and shield seem like the only pro

He's the strongest class in the game, he just takes a lot of technical knowledge (and good equipment) to exploit properly
Blasthole spears alone are good against almost every enemy in the game because they do extremely high damage and they penetrate through entire swarms

4 weapon slots
excellent melee weapons
big fuck off cannons and artillery
if you're not a retard you'll pretty much never go down

im bad at basic math
i never truly learned, and now its too late to start

how do i not go down without farming

Keep in mind raw dps isn’t always the most useful thing to calculate. For example, even if they both have the same range and damage falloff, an AR with a sustained dps of 1000 vs a sniper rifle that has a single shot of 20000 damage and then a thirty second reload might still be better in some situations when you need the burst.

And of course that ar won’t be getting all it’s dps if you miss half the shots.

>swarmed anything
>die
yeah i tried, the blasthole only ever kills at most like 3 ants before I get bowling pinnned or grabbed. I end up having to spend the entire mission dashing for health and switching to gattlings for actually dmg.

you fire a rocket and it hits 5 targets, if you consistently hit 5 targets everytime it fires then it's the DPS multiplied by 5
you fire a penetrating gun and it consistently hits 3 targets, DPS multiplied by 3. however for that one you'll face different damage values from the drop off, so it's actually more complex than that
however during gameplay theres no way you're gonna be calculating the exact DPS, so dont even worry about all this DPS and think about single target DPS when selecting weapons

It feels like every fucking game in this series is a reboot of new continuity.

the nips are just incompetent and want to keep making the same game over and over with slight improvements.

EDF is no different from Fifa

theres just so many that i dont know what to take

Dash backwards, stab, dash baclwards, super-stab, dash backwards
That combo should get you through most of the game on hard with no difficulty, at least when it comes to swarms

That's because they are?

Imagine playing such a cucked class that you need to farm for an hour to get the one piece of equipment that makes your class not god awful.

i'd put money on it being a sound issue

There was two attempts to reinvent the franchise, and they both failed. I wonder if Sandlot thought of Iron Rain as their version of Monster Hunter World.

>how do i easily calculate dps?
( * ) / ( / + )

i beat the game on normal with ranger, should i bother with hard on my fencer playthrough when im 10~ missions deep or should i just swap to very hard for the good shint?

Lobby up
Time to Fumigate!
Hard, Mission 54

>tfw fencer with Jackhammer and double boost
>Blowing the ayys kneecaps in 3 seconds then moving onto the next ayy while my teammates rain mortars on the immobile ones

It genuinely felt like they were running away from me in terror.

Attached: 4364376547.png (519x326, 324K)

Experiment. Play the game instead of posting on Yea Forums.

I think I'm going to switch to WD from Fencer. Everyone is a Fencer online and watching them slowly float to drop ships trying to spear them because they don't ever bring the right guns is suffering.

I just want to say that I really love this game.

Iron rain has nothing to do with sandlot, the publisher D3 is the only relation to that game which is developed by Yuke's

>not being a bad enough dude to fist motherships to death

>I'm a fencer
>always two other fencers from the randos
>they dash into a horde and just die
every
single
time

It's unironically a good strategy for low flying dropship. Even when I bring big gun to hit the higher one, I still jump to avoid being swarmed.

Look at this faggot. Loving a game on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1515257561547.gif (211x211, 87K)

>got Cascade 1 rocket launcher
>incredibly fun to use, but impractical because of a long-ass reload
Does it get better? I'm tired of using Grant all the time, all the fun missile/rocket launchers either do little damage or have an excruciating reload time.

I can. They seem to be unable to.

Give em simple recognizable symbols.
Cross for health, and/or an X with an open center like on the medkit boxes.
A for Armor
And V for... Veapon.

Attached: edf5shdgf.png (128x96, 3K)

Sure, the low ones. Watching them try to do it on that mission where the ships are circling the city was absolute pure suffering.

I was the only one bringing them down while also thinning the hordes.

How do I fence properly, user?

It's just going to clutter the screen. Just make the weapon crates green and the armor crates red.

i love you

Attached: brat.png (932x809, 1020K)

Isn't that a 100+ mission? I think you can do it here.

>red
WHERE'S THE ENEMY?

Attached: ranger.png (162x178, 64K)

Bing bing wahoo to wherever you need to be but don't overexpose yourself.

desu killing dropships with wing diver is fun. use the anti air special grenade. toss it right under the red and watch it melt. you can get great altitude even with the low cores. just have to feather the jets a bit you climb higher that way.

Who cares about the enemy when you have things to pick up?

Make them blue.

This design choice is called "Risk vs. Reward".

How do I know when I'm safe to shoot using the first animation of the spear?
The second might double its damage but its too long most of the time

That's friendly npcs

>blue
AAAAAAA I'VE BEEN SHOT

Started a hard multiplayer lobby at mission 1 and ended at 31
Took about 7 hours, fuck that was fun

Dash then jump

Well, how about yellow?

Vehicles

Already used for vehicles

vehicles

So the Ranger's Minion Blaster ARs do high damage and do damage on the initial shot and the explosion after according to the description.
Does both damage instances do the full listed damage or is it split?

>Yellow

Attached: dude.png (498x267, 295K)

armour = orange
hp = purple

>"fencer"
>no rapier weapon

fucking kek'd

>blowing so much shit up that I'm starting to get black squares everywhere

Attached: 1522895839598.jpg (630x487, 31K)

Blasthole Spear should be appropriately renamed Raper, or Asshole Blaster.

This would be such a simple change. Make armor crates dark green and armor crates light green. Minimap fixed.

Attached: health-pickup-icon.png (245x111, 4K)

what do you mean mission progress doesn't carry across? if I play online I don't unlock more missions when I create my own room or when I play offline?

Offline and online progression are separate.

>Make armor crates dark green and armor crates light green. Minimap fixed
Is this the power of EDF science department

all of my higher level cores cost more to fly than lower level

I don't get it

how am I supposed to progress online if I can't find lowbie rooms that aren't passcoded?

start your own?
Ask for someone in a thread to throw up a low level lobby?
Try to do it solo?

What's that then?

Attached: rapier.png (1357x730, 1.52M)

balance. need the cores that boost flight speed to fly further

holy shit
all these minimap talks really do sound like EDF R&D..

Create your own and wait for someone to join. Maybe post it here, you'll find someone to play with.

Solo online is a bad idea (for a newbie) since it scales it up to 4 players for some reason.

A spear? It says right there - Blasthole Spear. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I am aware
Try doing the triple hive mission from 4.1 Solo as Air Raider.

A big boner?

Attached: 1556653969538.jpg (509x423, 22K)

a beeg bonar

you niggas better have a thread up with a lobby in a couple hours when i get off work

These things get so absurdly long. They're not even telescopic what the hell?

>Guard
>Long pointy end
That's a rapier alright.

pirate lobby
Yea Forums
rage
mission 38
2/4